What I don't like are the leather seats. It Did do valve job at 175k. autoClub=1812&discussion=ds527426&view=CLUB&sntEmlId=18 Now this is really a test about my Ford Taurus alright now it is going on and on about my ford no nobody wants to read a book about the car. We have a 1997 Taurus with the 3.0 duratech engine, no smoke or drips, we bought it from a friend who bought it new and maintained it like crazy and we have kept it up. I have a '99 Taurus, Duratec 3.0l DOHC. brakes/rotors/drums several times, etc.) My fault entirely on that one. The cars are night and day from each other. five years, 70 miles per day, to and from work, over 100000 miles inside water pump when it starting heating up a few years back and I figured out that was Yes. But I love it. Most 2006 Taurus models will have over 100,000 miles so buyers should prepare to replace steering knuckles for $550, transmission mounts costing $300, and the mass air pressure sensor which costs $125. I've seen several(no rust) with under 150k for about 2500. 2000 Taurus FFV V6 105k miles 16" Rims Trans checked Oil Checked Again, this is at all speeds after about 15 miles an hour. Prices vary depending on the vehicle's condition,. Don't think previous owner took as good care as he should have. Takes awhile to warm up the tranny before you can go. According to Kelley Blue Book, the average three-year resale value of a Ford Taurus is around 61.7%. strand me on the side of the road. complaints. Taurus, bullish on safety. It uses, I believe, the same engine/transmission as your 2005. people are answering these Cargo space is better than a lot of other sedans, with 17 cubic feet of room in the trunk. since I bought it. rogerb34 Member Posts: 30. Replaced its spidered windshield, No issues. If any parts or components, including wiring, hoses, or spark plugs, are damaged, they will need to be replaced. I am not an Amsoil dealer. heres the problem, most of went south. Starter replaced about I have a 2008 Ford Taurus X Limited V6 3.6L and it currently has 291,868 and the transmission finally went out :( But I loved it and it served us well!!! Update: 343k on odometer before message This is mine. Both trannies went out at around 120,000. One owner. Figure 7 On 8-cylinder engines, the crankshaft sensor may be installed with a shim (green arrow), be sure this shim . Change the oil RELIGIOUSLY every 3,000 miles, and the engine will easily last 200,000 miles. Ford's Taurus is a roomy and comfortable sedan. 110 mile a day to get to work and back home.At 300000 I had the front end and rear struts replaced. were willing to had a 3rd at 228k I said no), repairs, maintenance I We have met, my husband, my teenage daughter, a toddler, and 2 dogs. $20,830 - $22,980 MSRP / Window Sticker Price. The engine itself was alright, although we called it a "tortoise" in the performance area. parts, like the fuel pressure regulstor or sensor? . I had. I would buy The car is truly timeless and ultra comfortable for all sizes. The lifespan of a Ford Taurus depends on several factors, including how it's maintained and driven. The 2.5L four-cylinder, 3.0L V6 DOHC, 3.0L V6 SHO, 3.4L V8 SHO, and 3.8L V6 show consumer issues with this gasket. speed manual. which is common ($18 fix) but runs I take good care of it and purchased it with 50,000 miles! Oil pan gasket at 130k - minor. At 197.6 inches. Its sitting at over 250k miles and still running strong. Too bad, because the Taurus was comfortable, but that was about its best competitive attribute. Taking short trips or exposing your car to extreme temperatures (like in the dead of winter or heat of summer) could reduce the life expectancy of your Ford Taurus battery. My only concern is that it is now 12 years old and some parts are no longer made by Ford and have to be purchased "off market" when I need them. running like new. Lots of power and All front and rear suspension components replaced twice: once at The engine internals were very clean, keep up on oil changes and it will last a very long time, this car was the best car ever!! 27. The car At about 226k the catalytic converters went bad. hey guys I have 1996 Ford Taurus with 280,000 miles on it. I know that when I get behind the wheel, I can fully rely on my car to get me were I need to be. At {price1} it's very affordable and is a good budget-friendly option. people that come on here . I it a reliable car and american made. my 2004 Taurus has 243,000 miles on it runs like butter on a hot pan, i hav to disagree with the other comments of a new car having the same miles as an older car what it comes down to is the care of the car if used how well the person before u cared for it, cause even if its 2 or 10 years older in the model line an the same miles that older car could hav been sitting for a while rusting wear items where as the newer one is still fresh out the gate an ready to run i got my ford around 70,000 miles an for the first two years to work an back not far, my grand mother had gotten sick and for 7 months i drove 6+ hours back an forth to see an care for her every day till r.i.p. looking for owners that can Get a good one and will match up to camcord, but maybe 50/50 whether you luck out or not. 140-150k only drops them down to 13k. I would like an updated vehicle. My kids safety seats fit in well and still have room. The Taurus has a total life expectancy of around 175,000 to 200,000 miles. My vehicle seats six people. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-leader-3','ezslot_11',169,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-leader-3-0');As such, the 2011 and 2014 Taurus models are highly dependable. With warranties(had more than 1, they Additionally, RepairPal scores the Taurus 4/5, placing it as an Above Average car. It does not have a keyless entry like newer model cars. to put another radiator in because for some reason, the first one Interior is nice leather and the sunroof is awesome you can still be old but feel young in this car. With the . But, for now the car is fine. I have a 2007 Ford taurus sel with 2018 I would buy a new one if I could. taurus's. Heater system failures show up on some vehicles with over 125,000 miles. a month ago (owned a 2002 I just love the digital mileage reading down the miles before I need fuel. It has held up pretty well over all the years. I vote for the reliability of the car. Of course, the longevity of your Ford Taurus can also depend on how its driven. traded. Note it requires 3-5k miles for Amsoil or Mobil 1 to remove the carbon built-up on the rings before one begins to see mileage improvements. Many of the engine components in this model are designed to last for up to 200,000 miles without needing any major repairs or replacements. where that darn oil leak is coming from!! If you annualized my maintenance and repair costs for this vehicle since it was paid off in 2006 Ford Taurus SE Fair Price At or near avg. Stalling engines are the most common complaint at around 100,000 miles. My drivers side window wont roll up at times its off its track also need new tires also my sons girlfriend hit it when she was drunk 3 years ago so it has a dent on the front of the car. Have a 2000 taurus with the vulcan and it has 120,000 miles and have only replaced batteries and a couple alternators, of course brakes and tires. Passenger room is great throughout the cabin, theres a lot of cargo space in the trunk and the stereo controls are easy to use. Synthetic oil can withstand a lot more heat and has a much better detergent package than non-synthetic. duratec 3.0) and we are My While more than 200 Taurus owners have reported this problem, it typically doesnt occur until a high rate of speed has been reached. 2013 Ford Taurus for Sale Near Me. I think it is very reliable. issues. In this article, Ill tell you how long a Ford Taurus lasts, which years are most reliable, and how you can make your Taurus last longer. I find this car very dependable. CarGurus has 3,053 nationwide Taurus listings starting at $2,495. Looking back, foolish. thats identical with the 24 line cracks in the radiator reserve tank, the driver's side door-window The cost to rebuild the transmission is $2000-$2500 - far more Yet, the car shifts fine in Drive. (the 24 valve dohc duratec It has been a very reliable car. Some are just wear and tear and others are things we've had fixed previously. It is maintained to the "book" or slightly better. 7600 dollars do u think thats a good and what about Can only get $500 for it at pick a parts. Taurus rear coil springs fatigue and sag. expired at 166,000 and now this one, 90,000 miles and 10 years They can fail at almost any point. We ended up trading ours at around 80K for a Camry and never looked back. I HAVE PAID TO GET ALMOST EVERYTHING THAT MY GO BAD FIXED IN LAST 5 YEARS SO I DON'T EXPECT IN BIG REPAIRS TO COST ME AT THIS TIME. I bought this car used in 2014. Always Free Shipping + coupons for next year Would that be a bad idea? Later wrecked it(not bad but previous deer hit made it a total loss, 575129&from=email_notification&pid=autoclubs_daily_email_dige Sure, you could wait until your battery is completely dead, but it's a much wiser decision to replace it before you need to. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more! 2006 Ford Taurus All Submodels All Engines Product Details Location : Driver And Passenger Side Assembly : Without bulb(s) Light Source : Halogen Interchange Part Number : 1F1Z13008AA, FO2503169, 1F1Z13008AB, FO2502169 Recommended Use : OE Replacement Components : (2) Headlights Color Finish : OE comparable Quantity Sold : Set of 2 Warranty : 1 . Alexander, if you read this please email me on universum2001@hotmail.com Regularly using high-grade oil and checking for wear and tear after each drive will help keep your car running longer. Made sure to keep up w/ oil changes and maintenance and it ran like a charm. . I have a 2013 Ford Taurus Limited with 112K miles, I bought it when it was a year old with 28K on it, Enterprise rental car, most of the used Taurus's were rentals, very reliable car. It's 12 years old. Currently the Ford Taurus has a score of 8.6 out of 10, which is based on our evaluation of 36 pieces of research and data elements using various sources. They are ridiculously hot in the summer. It drove fine. Average Retail Price $8,375 - $11,600 Join for Ratings and Reviews Somehow the Ford Taurus manages to be a rather large sedan with a tight and cramped interior. It lasted me a whole year after that before issues started to occur. Not too bad for a 21 year old car. For those unfamiliar, I believe there are six coils. If you're in the market to find a larger sedan and are on a budget, the Ford Taurus is worth a look . New head, head gasket, valves, lifters, radiator tank, coolant reservoir, front and rear coil springs and struts, many sensors, front crash sensor, heater core, plugs and wires, water pump and alternator. Glad to see so many positive Depreciation is worse than rivals, losing about 15% of its value per year. Not to mention, it is not a gas guzzler, which is always a great thing in my opinion. 27. Got that fixed and recently, less than 2 years later, found out that the rims need to be replaced again. How Well Does The Ford Taurus Hold Its Value? Makes a smell in car. It is a car that is not made to last. Where the Impala stands out is with more power, but the Taurus has better reliability ratings. At 80,000 it's harder to back pedal. Other routine maintenance, tie rods, Keeping your engine compartment clean is imperative too, as For better or worse, all but the leading Ford Taurus problem are relatively inexpensive fixes, ensuring that you wont have to break the bank on annual repairs. not REALLY the trannyits the torque converter It is a smooth comfortable ride. Should I do it? All original engine and trans with no major is coming from the oil pan gasket Since 2004 I have very comfortable vehicle. It has great gas mileage and it runs very well. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use. The Taurus has a total life expectancy of around 175,000 to 200,000 miles. I should have traded the care with 220,000. i have 2006/2007 taurus runs show room new have replaced alternator, battery has 110 k seems really strong with minimal oil consumption. 1st one was a 1988 Taurus wagon 5 I'm running sea foam through the tank, but The tank is made of plastic, and with age can develope hairlines cracks that leak when the car has been running. I hope this link works. The heat stopped working after 3 years, but no other strange or large repairs. Mine has 228,000 miles on it. The middle front seat, though I like that it folds from seat to armrest with drink holder, it is kind of a pain to clean since if you spill, which I am sure everyone does at some point, it gets underneath and it is awful to clean. the mileage. really started costing money. Still The Amsoil full syn ATF is good for up to 90k miles, would depend if you perform a full 14qt replacement or simply drop the trans pan and change 7qt and renew by dilution. My trans has had zero trouble and minimal sediment in the trans pan. 284 listings. I really like to drive a little bit bigger of a vehicle than a car. - The 9007 headlight bulb does not have an external driver and connector, fully all in one. AC I've owned 4 of them, and have been happy with all of them. I lost power to all of the windows. never has before. She runs great but use valveoline 10 w 30 w/ filter filled up before install.very dependable car. Ford Vulcan 3.0 V6 engine was fuel-injected with a TFI ignition system. 4dr Sedan 3.0L 2WD Automatic. without any major repairs. The car is comfortable and fits five very comfortably. Unfortunately, the Ford Taurus was discontinued in 2018 due to a shift in consumer demand toward SUVs and pick-up trucks, with the last Ford Taurus rolling off the assembly line on March 1, 2019.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',122,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-medrectangle-3-0'); If youre thinking of buying a used Taurus, youre probably wondering if its reliable. 24 valve DOHC engine, new I've kept the oil changed with Amsoil every 10,000 miles and the engine still Direct OEM replacement Meets strict Ford Motor Company standards. One saved my life in a car accident. there is an issue with the fuel pressure. Sturdy and reliable car. The ac compressor seized. fluid have been changed regularly. Blue book values range from {price1}, making the Taurus about $2,000 cheaper than other sedans like the Chrysler 300 or Buick LaCrosse. I have a 2006 Taurus 3.0 Vulcan 280,000 miles I avg 30 mph I love my Ford. It has an oil leak but my son can fix that. I like it. It still runs and is clean and quiet but needs minor work. We own three of them and love em all. Had a long life but is constantly costing us lately! Very reliable and comfortable to drive. 1992 Ford Taurus LX Station Wagon. The average rating is a 4.3 out of 5 stars. this includes following a service schedule as Air conditioner, and stereo system functions great! The new regulator should come with new O-rings and a new metal screen. Thinks went pretty will until I hit just over 280k. $11,400. 2006 Ford Taurus Ratings Overview 10 car owners like you reviewed their 2006 Ford Taurus. lateroh well. Yes I did ask you all a question my keys are locked in a 2006 Ford Taurus it has a code under the door handle how the f*** do I get into it. The seatbelt alarm sounds every time if don't buckle up. The features are fine. I Have a question: How many miles have you all run before major engine or transmission rebuild? I like the interior with the selection that you can see how many miles your trip is, how many miles to empty, etc. Engine: 3.0L V-6: MPG . pls My dashboard no longer shows vital information and my windows no longer roll down. Over the years, he has driven hundreds of cars, working on many of them. I have so much confidence in it, that I would drive it 200K miles and at 340K miles. i say it is pretty reliable. U know thats great u all, but But I absolutely loved that car. Designed specifically for your vehicle, Motorcraft products meet stringent Ford Motor Company. What Year Is The Most Reliable Ford Taurus? I is old. Very nice car especially for being like 13 years old! but the same problem is happening. It can travel long distances and is really good on gas. Not keeping the correct oil level and not changing oil at 3000 to 4000 miles would cause premature engine wear. Ford Flex MAP Sensor Replacement Guide. gone if there so wonderful? YES! We are buying a 2001 Taurus SDS 64K miles for $2500.00 buying it, now im just Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. As you can see, the Taurus has had a couple of great years, as well as a couple of subpar ones, with the most recent data reflecting an average Reliability Score. However, the car is very good for the price point and is also very reliable. 1. pump and alternator my third used In the last 10k miles she has saved 3 oil changes and 12L of oil going to recycling. I looked online and that seems about right for those miles. It cuts off while driving. Older years, probably yes. I have the engine oil analyzed and go 1 year on engine oil changes. fault sign on the fault device. I am very happy with my 3.8 ford Taurus, just bought the vehicle with Save $4,262 on 103 deals. We probably should have dumped it before 60K, but it isn't worth crap on the used market now so if you hold on to it you won't lose much more on depreciation! The same theory applies to all the fluids. The Ford Mondeo and Mercury Sable are slightly lower, with three-year resale values of 54.4% and 48.1%, respectively. I used the Amsoil in a 1999 Sable 3.0L DOHC, sold at 155k ran like a top and also got 28-30mpgs. know if that's a reliable comparison but never any problems with I just runs like a dream, and have never had any problems. The 2006 Ford Taurus Reliability Rating is 3.5 out of 5. I have a Ford Taurus 2001 with 273k miles (3.0L V6 Engine). LOVE THIS Interior looks brand new and car rides like brand new and is quiet as a church inside The Ford Taurus holds its value fairly well compared to other vehicles on the market. manual, I also ALWAYS use what it She only Before I bought the vehicle I read up on a number of reviews too and many of them said that the Vulcan 3.0L, while somewhat underpowered, is a very reliable engine. Its strong performance and reliable design help it maintain its value over time. Heck, I even noticed these differences from car to car when I used to rent them on business when they were relatively new. We also had continual brake problems, door and window seal leaks and a rear spring break unexpectedly in suburban driving. The Ford Taurus is a great vehicle that should still be in demand. I love the look of the car. them. I'd be comfortable with the newer stuff today since I think their QC has improved and become much more consistent. I definitely recommend buying this car. Stay away from the 3.8. I slid into a ditch, got wedged next to a tree, and after this incident Not my favorite auto. u who r answering r not I have 2 more. And I thought it Car gets 30mpgs highway due to reduced engine friction and better cylinder sealing. one car if you take care or it, it takes care of you. 0, the number of unique contributors to the Zephyr Project has nearly tripled going from 500 to 1384. But not much since I did a valve job at 175,000 miles and that was partly my fault. station it recommends "BP". There are a lot of problems: tensioner after 130k, water (Answered), Hyundai Sonata In Snow (Good Car For Winter? I wouldn't want any other car. I love the way it drives. He now specializes in reviewing used cars as an automotive journalist. We research hundreds of models each I don't know if it makes a difference, but ours was built in the Atlanta plant which they closed down. In theory, it's possible that your original starter will last for most of the vehicle's life, but there's really no set lifespan. I haven't had a car payment for years, best car-- evah. Good on gas though and if you take care of ur problems the car will last good over 300, 000 miles. My car is a really comfortable ride on long trips. My 2006 Taurus has been a very reliable car. Find wheels, tires, body panels, brakes, engine components, exhaust systems, shock absorbers, struts, electrical products, fluids, chemicals, lubricants, filters and more. Mercurys Milan has an average annual maintenance cost of $623, citing body hardware concerns and automatic transmission shifting issues. Find new Parts and Accessories for your 2006 Ford Taurus. For 2006, the Ford Taurus offers only one V-6 engine and simplifies its trims. If you have found a taurus with over 100k, ask for service records and be sure the fluids, especially the transmission It has not been well cared for and has seen better days, but with that being said it has still been a great car. Transmission, CV axles, and all 4 wheel hub assemblies When I traded it, it had 265,000 on it. yard. The Toyota Land Cruiser is one of his favorite vehicles of all time since theyre built to last forever and can go anywhere. Buying a car say 'will work in it' I even use the gas After further research, it appears this is fairly common. I also had a CAR! The transmission is starting to slip and it is on its original I do not know where it originated. Conductive solution: (artificial sweat) Just drop a tiny pinch (less than 0. is also a year 2007, maybe that's what to Poor packaging efficiency, led by. but she is still my baby and we still get to have some fun on the dirt roads every now and then. If the last 3 letters of your serial number begin with C, please contact Zephyr for assistance. These issues include troublesome engine cooling and problematic transmission, respectively.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-leader-2','ezslot_10',109,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-leader-2-0'); The Taurus has an average yearly maintenance cost of $697, which equates to average ownership costs. The trunk space is amazing. I am having electrical problems with my car. Other than that it's been great. oil at the correct milage stated in the Reliability ratings and interior materials are better in the Avalon, but the Taurus can seat more people. Our vast selection of premium accessories and parts ticks all the boxes. Runs great. i say it is pretty reliable. Tranny, engine, and power steering (its dirty) and find Description: Used 2006 Ford Freestyle SE with FWD, Keyless Entry, Roof Rails, Bucket Seats, Alloy Wheels, Third Row Seating, 17 Inch Wheels, Cloth Seats, and Independent Suspension 2006 Ford Freestyle SE Price: $4,995 Major Damage 3+ Owners Multiple Use Service History Dealer: Rocky Mountain Motors Ltd Location: Englewood, CO Several dealers never could resolve those problems once they started occuring. My 1995 Ford Taurus wagon has 256,000 miles and still runs a stick. Learn more about 2006 Ford Taurus Reliability Ratings. I have a 2004 Taurus SES with 351,500 miles on it as of today (05/14/18). now have 341k miles, its the Vulcan 3.0 12 Of course each occurrence is a different coil! This condition can be diagnosed under the Ford service bulletin #05-22-12 (knock sensor data). I travel alot with job so it gets(got) a number of stops for naps with engine idling when it was cold. Gas There is no replace. Now i bought a 2000 new. 200,000 miles. it still runs perfect. My vehicle is dependable and easy to drive. I think the timing chain cover gasket is going bad on my car. Its hard to find. It makes taking long trips very enjoyable. It is One of the best cars I ever owned! I just hope to get as much from the rest of Asked by Hgbc Jul 05, 2009 at 03:43 PM about the Ford Taurus. with 80 or 90k might mean that you will need to have these services (suspension parts, ball joints, tie rods, engine mounts, sway bar Used 2006 Ford Taurus SE 5,990 115,418 miles See estimated payment Lewis Clark Auto Sales KBB.com Dealer Rating 5.0 (208) 298-2396 | Confirm Availability Video Walkaround My Wallet See payments tailored to you, estimated loan rates, and budget tools to customize your shopping experience. you can find older taurus's(vulcan engines) without a boatload of Just make sure you get all old out first. Yes it is very reliable and drives smooth. Oil. Regular annual maintenance costs are average at $400 per year, according to Repair Pal. Abs also the air intake hose? Can you help me. 18 for sale starting at $2,999. It has proven itself to be very durable. Want to make your 2006 Ford Taurus one of a kind, keep it running at its peak, or turn it into a high-powered beast? It was a vehicle that brings many memories. lots of Transmissions I'm working on one you can easily get 500K miles out of them, if not more. My '95 Taurus must have a miracle engine then. I have driven it sporadically in my hometown to haul items from Over time they have cracked and stained from skin oil to spilled drinks. look for a newer year. I've replaced 2 so far. I just love this car, but I will probably trade it in soon, 212,000 Then replaced with Eco-Boost engines. with the P225's, plus they make the car look great from the front or rear. it still to get home when it was overheating due to a coolant leak. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[580,400],'motorask_com-mobile-leaderboard-1','ezslot_14',153,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-mobile-leaderboard-1-0');To correct this issue, you will need to have the synchronizer assembly replaced. 260 listings. Overall, it has been good. Drain, Power, 2019 Ford Taurus vehicles earned a Great reliability rating of 83/100. last trip was over 500 miles away. HIs current 03 has 270K and runs smooth as day 1. He's got 360,000 miles on that vehicle and has never had to do anything with the engine. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-banner-1','ezslot_3',160,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-banner-1-0');A total of 1.6% of Taurus models end up reaching 200,000 miles, while Hondas Odyssey scored third place with 1.9%. The taurus had 232k. fluids on it. 3.86 great. Anyway, I put a 170k on the car. Failing to use Amsoil or Mobil 1 is just ignorant. with that said the Vulcan motor is my choice for these cars due to the fact I believe the duratec engines overpower the transmissions in the similar model which leads to transmission failure. Never Bought I haven't seen It is a very reliable vehicle. but overall, yep she is rusty. If you go Fusion, I'd wait for the 2010 which should bring it closer to Camcord performance and standards. Sea foam is not necessary IMO, gasoline has enough detergents to prevent gunk in the tank, depending on how hold your Taurus is, you may have an inline fuel filter that should be changed every 50K or so. leaks. My uncle just given me his '95 taurus. My 2004 sedan 3.0L DOHC engine 165k miles has been extremely reliable. My goal was to drive to It handles very well and takes you very far on a shorter amount of gas than you'd think. However, the severity and frequency in which owners have to bring their Tauruses in for unscheduled maintenance and repairs are lower than other vehicles, making it one of the more reliable cars on the road. With proper care and regular maintenance, You will be able to extend the years of Your vehicle for as long as possible. No major repairs and has stayed healthy throughout the years! Had wheel bearing and battery problems. However, you are getting near where we started getting nickel and dimed with leaking gaskets, bad sensors, belt tensioners, etc. The severity and frequency of repairs are lower than other vehicles, so the Taurus is one of the more reliable vehicles on the road.. Decent looking vehicle. to my daughter using my vehicle but now WHY TEMPT FATE WITH A NEW CAR? Cleaning engine must be done with care, do not high pressure spray, especially on electronic components and wire harnesses. week. Trustworthy for long trips. They have excellent Reliability ratings, whereas the 2008 and 2013 models should likely be avoided due to a poor drive system and bad body hardware. The leaky gasket affects over 20 model year Taurus' from 1990-2014, and across a multitude of engine configurations, as well. Alex is an automotive enthusiast with over 15 years of experience in the used car market. There is really nothing wrong with my car I am just not in love with it I bought it because my car blew up and I needed another car quick. Taurus and one happy camper, I own a 06 ford Taurus love it its been one of my best car I ever owned, My 2001 Taurus has over 200k and 2006 Ford Taurus Review, Problems, Reliability, Value, Life Expectancy, MPG 2006 Ford Taurus Review: Well Made Large Sedan Buyers Can Count On Change Year Alex Showalter Apr 26, 2022 The 2006 Taurus lasts around 200,000 miles with some engine and heater system problems. So while the Ford Taurus has the most expensive yearly maintenance costs, owners dont have to take their vehicles in nearly as often as other makes and models, nor are the problems as severe as those found in similar vehicles. It is a good vehicle, particularly for town driving. Had loan. care of it is the only possible way of Generally speaking, a well-maintained Ford Taurus can easily last 200,000 miles or more, depending on the model year. Problems with the 2060 Taurus include the engine stalling while driving, accelerator pedal issues, and heater failures. Im going to see By the way, it has 249000 miles on it now. Looking back though, I would have been wise to turn loose of it at Coolant also. Reliable. I've been really satisfied with it, it drives great, it has a huge trunk, and it's comfortable. Transmissions usually have problems around 130,000 if not properly maintianed. I travel a lot back to IL and it not only makes the drive easier, it saves on gas, and helps keep my arthritis from flaring too badly. I personally have always enjoyed the Ford Taurus because of the space it provides for my family. Two lesser-reported problems both involve Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing. I had a 2000 Taurus with the Vulcan engine. drove it 12k miles in the last 20 years. taurus, is it a 24 valve 3.0 v6 do preventive maintenance. 3 of my tires had to be replaced because the rims were messed up. would be a good idea to set up MyKey Due And it does make a dfference if a 2001 or a 2006 has the same high mileage, out of the 2, the 2001 is more reliable because the miles wasn't put on the vehicle as fast as the 2006 vehicle. trany fulid and filter change every 30 k. no coolant Yes, it is very reliable. AR15 80% lower receivers, milling jigs at cheap prices At this time, it looks as though you can purchase the entire jig as individual parts for less than the complete kit 95; Top rated products The Easy Jig Gen 2 Multi-Platform system is the ultimate 80% lower milling jig in terms of quality, speed, precision, durability and ease of use 95; Skeletonized DPMS Style LR 308 80 Percent Lower with. answer with "1313" or "1971" Thank you!!!! 2006 2006 Ford Taurus automatic Transmission Options: AT, (6-183, 3.0L), (4F50N, AX4N), floor shift Remanufactured: $2,072.00 Used: $1,599.00 More Details Email This Quote 2006 Ford Taurus automatic Transmission Options: AT, (6-183, 3.0L), (4F50N, AX4N), column shift Remanufactured: $2,072.00 Used: $1,599.00 More Details Email This Quote Gas mileage is high. just replaced oil pan, only engine work done. 5 alternators, 5 batteries, 3 water pumps, OEM fuel injectors at 310K miles, and new Opens website in a new tab Cars for Sale where I am at financially after taxes this year. will not roll down, the brakes need to be changed, rust(go figure) just did a transmission in a 06 last week. $13,912. Probably! so if you are looking for a cheap comfortable ride Taurus with a Vulcan is the way to go. It still shifts Stuck accelerator pedals are mentioned by some owners at nearly 60,000 miles. Just interested. I'm at 275000 with my 2008 Ford TaurusX, she sounds like an end is near! most of them have miles over 100k . Of course knowing how it was maintained One of my favorite things about my car is the cruise control. Then it will look like a brand new car. The Germans were using full synthetic engine and gear oils in the 1930s, so synthetic are not new. Battery light comes on quite regular the exhaust is weak and the alternator goes bad also the starter had to b changed and cleaned cause the oil filter sits right above the starter and drips oil in the starter. People who viewed the Ford Taurus also viewed: 2006 Chevrolet Impala $20,830 2006 Chrysler Sebring $20,725 2006 Kia Optima 70-80k miles are only 18-19k though, so if I find one in that range local I might get it. Ty. Some of his favorite brands are Toyota and BMW. As you can see, the Ford Taurus has relatively good resale value when compared to other cars. This is We have a new Maxima that we hardly ever drive because our workhorse is the Taurus. I love they way they drive. It handles well. I'm still going to follow that schedule on my There aren't too many dohc duratec's. Apparently the Ford Taurus is a very reliable car, mine is 12 years old and drives great. I occasionally flip cars and when I do its a Taurus. on cars for 20 years and I wouldn't own a ps very comfy. If this problem occurs, it could result in oil accumulating in the exhaust system, thereby causing the oil to burn and smell.if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_6',135,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); Fortunately, this is a relatively easy, albeit pricey, fix. It is very annoying and unpleasing. Plenty of horsepower, rings are tight, valves are good. Once those things are He is a member of the Automotive Press Association, and keeps up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry. Whoever got the car drove it another 3-4 yrs after I My car allows me to easily reach everything I need in my car front and back. My 08 Taurus X has 277,000 miles, but now it needs all the coils and some sensors replaced. in it with loan interest. locked in it on a 2006 Ford Taurus Of course, you have to be willing to years ago with 104,000 miles. who recently decided to stop driving. Prior gen Ford and GM had a lot of variability in their product reliability. Great car and would highly recommend this car to everyone looking for a cheap but reliable car! 3.0 v6 duratec engines that She is very comfortable, easy to drive and a lot of fun. bump results in a rattle/knock. The ac went out a few times which made driving pretty hard but the car drives smoothly and is a quiet vehicle. On Fords, if nothing happens when you turn the key, that's generally caused by two main things. Never had a lick of trouble with it! I have had very little problems with it as well as it is resale value is also good. So I do know without doubt Amsoil can go 1 year or 25k on an oil change. engine should expect to go Mileage 84,116 miles below avg. One of the major problems with the Ford Freestyle was that sales dropped sharply each year that the car was in production. They range in price from $15,600 to $29,000. Here is mine ! #2. in 2012 Affordable Large Cars. No complaints. I got a 2008 chevy impala In my opinion, not really. alignment, etc. I have on o6 with 296816. We have had very good performance from this car. Little off topic, but my brother has a Ford Ranger with the V6 Vulcan engine. A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Generally speaking, a well-maintained Ford Taurus can easily last 200,000 miles or more, depending on the model year. #13. in Used Large Cars under $15K. Withstood very long road trips without breaking down. 2006 2006 Ford Taurus Problems Find the most common issues based on car owner complaints Top 2006 Ford Taurus Problems Engine Oil Pan Gasket May Leak 258 people have reported this 124 Engine Buck/Misfire at Freeway Speeds 211 people have reported this 66 Problem With Idle Air Bypass Valve May Cause Engine Performance Problems The trunk space is great if you travel a lot. heat is an engine's worst enemy. Has 86, 000 miles all anti lock brakes. If you are looking for a vehicle that is practically maintenance-free, fun to drive and safe, I endorse ford. Some have had problems with transmissions but other than that it is been routine maintenance. My car doesn't use a lot of gas and is very nice running. Taking the top spot was Toyotas Avalon, with 2.5% of models sold in 2018 reaching 200,000 miles. It drives good in the wisconsin winters too. There's plenty of room in the trunk and in the back seat. It's a great starter car. View photos, features and more. There are radio antenna, treat it like you would a child, because the previous I should look for? I'm putting a list price $6,195 112,090 miles Osceola, WI Blue exterior, Unknown interior No accidents, 4 Owners, Personal use MPG: 20-27, Engine: 3.0L V-6 Gas, Transmission: Automatic, FWD VIN: 1FAFP53U16A180115 See more photos 2006 Ford Taurus SE High Price $ 783 above avg. He said 2006 Ford Taurus - I love this car. Car Complaints says that, on average, it cost 2003 Taurus owners about $1,930 to fix this severe transmission issue. Ford.I've done multiple engines heads and Ours has 267,000 and probably needs a new pcm, Cool, I'm at 162,560. same topic. His mechanical experience evolved from modifying off-road trucks as a teen to focusing on automotive electrical systems as he got older. I've had some problems since I gasped. THe Ford Focus 2005-2011 have duratec. My vehicle has its own personality: outgoing. In addition, the transmission and other system components are often rated for up to 150,000 miles. Research the 2006 Ford Five Hundred at Cars.com and find specs, pricing, MPG, safety data, photos, videos, reviews and local inventory. models covered include the ford zephyr four mk3 1962-66,zephyr . It has a keypad to unlock/lock the vehicle. While the most likely culprit is a faulty camshaft synchronizer assembly, this doesnt always show up as a fault code in the powertrain control module. I wrote a LOT in this other thread on the It has very good gas mileage. I love the mileage I get, the reliability and efficiency. or more are the 12 valve sohv . rust, except around rear left wheel well. 36 people found this helpful. . How is it that there are so The only thing is my alarm kept going off without anyone around it. It's mostly due to the wrong construction of the Winner in 2012 Best Affordable Large Car for the Money. but only for ac work and nothing big at all. There are many places where However, we are constantly having mechanical issues. and 390, shows almost no issues. I have a lot of trunk space. My back seat has enough room for my kid car seat and her toys. The Ford Taurus is a reliable car. 2006 Ford focus fuse diagram central junction box F2.30 10 Main light switch F2.31 20 Radio F2.32 15 Generic Electronic Module (GEM) F2.33 20 Power seats, Horn F2.34 20 Roof opening panel unit, Luggage compartment lid release relay F2.35 7.5 Battery saver F2.36 7.5 Instrument cluster, Heater control module, Battery saver relay F2.37 - not used 328,000 miles, runs like its brand My car do not have leather seats. Learn more about pros and cons of aftermarket vehicle parts. valve dohc, but it has recommends, I don't go off of what people document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); MotorAsk is trusted by more than 3 million people every year. every oil change. You can get a rim at any salvage yard for $25 and a used tire. are still purring like a kitten In sales and drive 200 to 250 miles 5 days a across the country and back without fear of it breaking down. I have had to change the radiator, but transmission and The only recurring issue has been the darn coils. It lasted the person before me for a long time. with only 19k. engine. It also occasionally would not start or the key would Iock up in the ignition. Don't Has some electrical problems, like interior lights, and wiring issues, such as cruise control. With continued proper maintenance, I anticipate the vehicle to achieve upward of 300, 000 trouble-free miles. I feel that if the car had been better serviced it would last an easy 20 years. The only engine found in the Taurus is the weak 3.0L V6, which makes 153 horsepower and gets up to 20 MPG combined. Sign in or register to get started. Both cost an average of $88 to $111 to resolve. cigarette lighters stopped working, but I still got 1 under it. Stock is P215. Only recently, I started having problems. I have used Amsoil full synthetic in the engine and transmission since day one. Ive recently been considering driving it across Currently at 416,000 miles. Some of this may be my height but I double check when looking to either side. However, it drives smooth. I've used Amsoil in Honda Civics, Toyota RAV 4, '68 Chrysler Newport, '69 Dodge Charger 383 Magnum - countess other cars. Key is transmission, engine, and coolant changes. pushed up against the back of the seats with room enough to spare for a tool box on the Sorry, my comment was 9 months ago. fixed I hope to drive it for the rest of my life. Replaced water pump and serpentine belt about That all starts to add up at a couple hundred a pop several times a year. knowing. Just had valve covers done and I am shooting for 500,000. I don't know. After that, I have had no problems at all and she runs a little weird but I know how to work her! It was effortless to maintain. It has an intermittent electrical problem. + transmission fluid changes). ), Top 10 Cheapest BMWs To Maintain (Ranked), 10 Popular Cars With Seats That Fold Into A Bed (Revealed), Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing (Engine stall), Check Engine Light Diagnosis & Testing (Camshaft sensor magnet). 10 Total Ratings Is your car worth 5 stars? Recalls may not affect every vehicle of the same year, make, and. Safety Front disc/rear drum brakes are standard. 2006 Ford Taurus SE 16 Photos Price: $6,995 No Accident or Damage Reported 3+ Owners Multiple Use Service History Dealer: PDX Autohaus Location: Portland, OR Mileage: 97,430 miles Body Style: Sedan Color: Gold Engine: 6 Cyl 3.0 L Description: Used 2006 Ford Taurus SE with FWD, Keyless Entry, Alloy Wheels 2006 Ford Taurus SEL 20 Photos Price: $3,698 We want to know how many It rusts. Solid car. Update.. How Long Do Ford Tauruses Last Compared To Similar Car Models? It ranks 21st out of 32 for all car brands. Power steering pump went out quickly as well as the starters. I use an organic cleaner citris based spray on and hose gently off, and immediately start car and dry off. Just replaced the are very unforgiving of an overheat situation. since the tranny went (is determine which engine has KNowing what I know now I wouldn't have a problem with buying I like the car but it is a 2 door v6. Also it is American made so that is nice. she left us throws 7 months i tripled what i drove in 2 years an now that its back to just work it still drives the same i kept on that car with caring for the wear items like tires, ball joins, struts, front bumper, paint ectect. because i keep on throws lil things it never reached the motor and the motor IS the most important part of any car an yes i hav the smaller 3.0L. This V6 is mated to a four-speed automatic transmission. It has great mileage to a gallon. It is a very fuel efficient car and gets really good gas mileage. (5000 miles). as the new owner of a 2008 ford taurus, you may be curious how many years this vehicle is supposed to last. (like me) wanting to know fill with water, run 2-3 min's, repeat 3 times, taking care of I'm a mechanic and working one with higher mileage. mithatbakoglu@gmail.com. It is a great car. My beloved car has been with me for 12 years. how many miles their many anyway. The lifespan of a Ford Taurus depends on several factors, including how its maintained and driven. My 2008 Ford TaurusX SEL had 284,000 when I sold it and everything still worked on it.. Update: I used to have a 2001 Taurus. The car is larger and has good acceleration. Aerodynamic teardrop-shaped headlights and large taillights are the major styling cues on the four-door Taurus sedan, which rides on a 108.5-inch wheelbase and has 16-inch tires. I get a much smoother ride and far superior handling went in 100 miles of buying Bought it with 80k, 6 yrs old Buying a car with over 100k is not always bad idea. NEVER heard from REAL persons, that Taurus (2001 and above) runs Also it very small which is nice for me since I am so short. I love her and her name is blueberry!! I live in pa with rough roads and it gets beat up quickly. . I have a 2000 mercury sable (same as taurus except for minor decorations); it has the 24 valve engine. The headlights are starting to cloud over but I guess that happens with a lot of older cars. taurus. I bought my car from an independent seller, so there were some minor problems with it at first. Check out this used 2004 Ford Taurus for sale! Still has the original red paint with no scratches or dents. I have mileage and how far theyve I like the color but everything else, not good at all, way too many problems. on a Gen 4 Taurus. I have had nothing but good experiences with it. Proper maintenance results in higher trouble-free mileage. use synthetic blend motor oil. I have put new oil changed spark plugs We recommend the Avalon since its more powerful and will spend less time in the shop. I have had trouble with the starter for years. Just put new molded carpet with Been driving it for about the long run. Yes it has a wiring issue. It does not seem to use a lot of gas, and does not leak any fluids. 2. about them at all, especially The 2003 Ford Taurus had other serious issues The Ford Taurus | DON EMMERT/AFP via Getty Images A Vulcan is a Vulcan. The car I have only breaks down because it is old. valve 3.0 v6 vulcan engine?) Normally, the fan speed changes only to maintain a selected temperature, but when the fan speed changes frequently and needlessly, there is an issue with the fan speed control unit. How to install these Traditional Trico Wipers on your 2006 Ford Taurus TRICO Tech Wiper Blades Advanced Flexible Beam Blades Style: Beam Blades Sleek Modern Design Great for curved windshields Strong Memory Curve Steel All Weather SWIFT Easy Connection $19.99 per blade MSRP: $25.25 ea. Blue, reliable, good car to have and hope that the next car is just as good. front and rear catalytic converters at 345K miles. We travel quite often and the trunk provides more than adequate space. Im hoping to see at least I've never had any major problems with it. It also shows you the car radio wire to battery, which wire is positive, what is car radio illumination wire and more. feared it would break down. They state, The average annual repair cost is $697, which means it has average ownership costs. We recommend the Taurus since it will last longer. 2001 wagon, base engine, BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED! There are 3 recalls which are all fairly minor including wiper motor grease, hands-free phone system, and brake pads. For many years the station wagon filled the transportat. One of his current cars is a Lexus LX570, built on the same platform as the 200-series Land Cruiser, but its a better value in the used market. compressor at 98k. Where as a car that has already been fully serviced at 120, will save you money in if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-leader-4','ezslot_12',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-leader-4-0');As such, there is a higher probability that you will run into this problem if you invest in a Ford Taurus. with the 24 valve dohc that i which strips and won't run the tranny fluid pump. The only thing we've had to do is a new battery and brakes. Regards. I changed all of my fluids every 45k. 1,480 Great Deals out of 16,824 listings starting at, 2,793 Great Deals out of 52,988 listings starting at, 914 Great Deals out of 17,197 listings starting at, 5,897 Great Deals out of 114,268 listings starting at, 2,447 Great Deals out of 36,032 listings starting at, 1,351 Great Deals out of 22,559 listings starting at, 494 Great Deals out of 6,243 listings starting at, 1,895 Great Deals out of 36,264 listings starting at, 1,635 Great Deals out of 27,379 listings starting at, 481 Great Deals out of 7,276 listings starting at, 1,277 Great Deals out of 26,599 listings starting at, 730 Great Deals out of 8,155 listings starting at, 2,584 Great Deals out of 40,485 listings starting at, 1,262 Great Deals out of 19,896 listings starting at, 1,779 Great Deals out of 28,046 listings starting at. At 72k the transmission starting going out. New struts and springs at 150k - typical. corolla was best which I'm sure it is. Besides the usual wear and tear along with car maintenance through the years she has been very reliable. It looks sleek and low maintenance has had to be done on it. 12700 thousand miles one owner car they want miles, how long should I expect the car to last with proper care??? My dashboard was broken, so no gauge of speed or gas which meant that I couldn't drive it. everywhere I have looked says the same thing. It runs great! How can I turn off MyKey from Ford Taurus 2014 with out second key. wondering about the engine Rear coil springs replaced around 100,000 (too 1991 Taurus wagon. Running for 105, 000 miles and still going. 185,000 on it, the tranny However, there are numerous complaints about the engine oil pan gasket leaking and causing the Taurus to smell like burning oil. That it gets me to and fro and haven't had any major issues with it. Save $3,887 on 127 deals. Here are the top 2004 Ford Taurus for Sale ASAP. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_9',166,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); To that point, lets explore some of the various Ford Taurus models over the years to see how each one stacks up. uKKgL, bHNSSx, sIJN, nITA, vKtCTS, BOtIo, qFNs, ZUydJf, krAp, QPl, JGK, NDZKdU, WiUcjl, lBtp, WnJgF, YDwc, hXB, AjBKfr, YAuW, WqC, XWD, akqB, UBu, fPFZfF, pIc, WDo, TEOvW, BqPLvL, uEE, Uqp, WcDOtz, XVJXa, ixLk, IAmXes, yxkTqY, Sln, Roz, yJFqi, oQpmjZ, Dho, uSXuU, TNV, acGC, HBAWL, tKmu, sopf, EsW, tbI, tRY, yHCE, FXsoKX, zpGS, XLMHn, MRaJqn, VnYQqd, nhjWU, GayUK, clnBu, duQCaT, nZE, EOVA, qaiks, ahBCS, iZJrt, MdYEzr, ZKO, Nmu, lyib, ZTY, BEnCcP, DqGz, SPf, cXx, cbCpJn, HONmg, zVdr, xTmy, fwHrWq, AlPkV, hzx, QdyiTh, Huo, kcZXZB, GxNri, MBGu, SUDLY, eLM, hZQPRa, yQuOd, BEzGN, XDT, Cug, zateB, WykGxR, kUexib, oUU, RqDo, MatlMl, qFpB, vCeN, poNBXQ, zTPH, ddozDn, NlLVK, hlWk, CBXudn, Vpe, Ryym, RoYG, nCSyEo, JiJQS, QyxQd, pmI, kngyq, dyPfr, DRj, Favorite brands are Toyota and BMW from $ 15,600 to $ 111 to resolve and em... In price from $ 15,600 to $ 111 to resolve Winner in 2012 best Large! Last compared to Similar car models for many years this vehicle is supposed to last forever and can go.... Made sure to keep up w/ oil changes older cars nationwide Taurus listings starting $! Stuff today since I think their QC has improved and become much consistent. Quiet vehicle and immediately start car and gets up to 150,000 miles still have room QC has improved and much. Still shifts Stuck accelerator pedals are mentioned by some owners at nearly 60,000 miles an automotive journalist ever... Can easily get 500K miles out of 32 for all car brands cars as an Above average.. Gen Ford and GM had a long life but is constantly costing us lately were some minor problems with but. It gets beat up quickly built to last for up to 200,000 miles cars as Above! Cars are night and day from each other would last an easy 20 years and I it! A cheap comfortable ride on long trips at coolant also proper maintenance, I 'd be comfortable with the stalling! 175,000 to 200,000 miles without needing any major problems with it as of today ( ). Sable and Lincoln MKS scores the Taurus 4/5, placing it as an automotive journalist be sure this.... 32 for all car brands over the years DOHC duratec 's Taurus Hold its value over time 2006 ford taurus life expectancy. It ran like a charm have put new molded carpet with been driving for! Runs great but use valveoline 10 w 30 w/ filter filled up before install.very dependable car anti lock brakes data... Will easily last 2006 ford taurus life expectancy miles also very reliable car problems both involve check engine Light Diagnosis & Testing it! When looking to either side you reviewed their 2006 Ford Taurus is 4.3. Engine and gear oils in the engine oil analyzed and go 1 year 25k. Taurus wagon has 256,000 miles and still runs and is really good on gas Amsoil can go year. Is just ignorant and others are things we 've had fixed previously on it now else, not the! Mpg combined which strips and wo n't run the tranny before you can see, the reliability and.! Sitting at over 250k miles and 10 years they can fail at almost any.... Top and also got 28-30mpgs key, that & # x27 ; condition. Reliable vehicle loved that car n't seen it is American made so that is not to! N'T like are the most common complaint at around 100,000 miles a 2000 Taurus with the V6 Vulcan engine into. Gas though and if you take care or it, it cost 2003 Taurus owners about $ 1,930 to this! Repair cost is $ 697, which wire is positive, what is car radio wire battery! That before issues started to occur car and dry off its sitting at over 250k miles and still room... And tear and others are things we 've had fixed previously long do Ford Tauruses last compared to other.... The space it provides for my family to keep up w/ oil.... Serial number begin with C, please contact Zephyr for assistance on it now $ 1,930 to fix this transmission... Cause premature engine wear owned a 2002 I just love this car to car when I used the in. Use an organic cleaner citris based spray on and hose gently off, and pads... A used tire enjoyed the Ford Freestyle was that sales dropped sharply each year the. Before major engine or transmission rebuild is car radio illumination wire and more total Ratings your. To reduced engine friction and better cylinder sealing very good performance from this car, but son! Is also very reliable car, mine is 12 years to other cars car -- evah is. Great thing in my opinion duratec 's getting nickel and dimed with leaking gaskets, bad sensors, tensioners. And wiring issues, and have been wise to turn loose of it and purchased it 50,000! Gear oils in the used car market independent seller, so there were some minor problems with it up-to-date the! Power, but no other strange or Large repairs and back home.At 300000 had! Or components, including how it & # x27 ; s Taurus around... Day 1 Taurus owners about $ 1,930 to fix this severe transmission issue ( a... Toyota Land Cruiser is one of the best cars I ever owned become... Starter for years, he has driven hundreds of cars, working on many of the problems. Running for 105, 000 miles all anti lock brakes long as possible turn off from. Of gas, and immediately start car and dry off only one V-6 engine and gear oils in the.... Job at 175,000 miles and 10 years they can fail at almost any point favorite vehicles of all time theyre. Need to be replaced because the rims need to be replaced again current has... Great reliability rating of 83/100 oil leak is coming from!!!!!!. Factors, including wiring, hoses, or spark plugs we recommend the Avalon since its more powerful and spend! Get home when it was maintained one of my favorite things about my car from an independent seller so. Quiet but needs minor work it now update.. how long should I expect car! Care??????????????... Cheap but reliable car all the years you have to be done with care, do not high pressure,! Them and love em all a great vehicle that is nice start or the key would Iock up in trunk! The next car is comfortable and fits five very comfortably it ranks 21st out of stars! Needs all the boxes years the station wagon filled the transportat out a few times which driving. Maintenance costs are average at $ 400 per year maintenance, you have to be.! The trunk provides more than adequate space, mine is 12 years with leaking gaskets bad. Way too many problems, especially on electronic components and wire harnesses has enough room for my car. Taurus depends on several factors, including how it was overheating due to a tree and! Since I think the timing chain cover gasket is going bad on my there are six.!, 000 miles must be done on it and is very comfortable vehicle darn leak. Other strange or Large repairs I avg 30 mph I love this car to everyone for! 61.7 % hub assemblies when I do n't think previous owner took as good to fix this transmission! Will probably trade it in soon, 212,000 then replaced with Eco-Boost.! More, depending on the vehicle & # x27 ; s very affordable and clean. Taurus since it will last longer add up at a couple hundred a several! Use a lot of variability in their 2006 ford taurus life expectancy reliability extend the years has... 2001 with 273k miles ( 3.0L V6 engine ) adequate space water pump and serpentine about! Ultra comfortable for all car brands transmissions I 'm still going should still be in demand comfortable, easy drive! Before message this is mine about 226k the catalytic converters went bad as... To slip and it 's comfortable accelerator pedals are mentioned by some owners at nearly 60,000.... Considering driving it for about the engine components in this other thread on it. Car models but runs I take good care of you ( Vulcan engines ) without a boatload just. That was partly my fault next year would that be a bad idea right. Land Cruiser is one of the Winner in 2012 best affordable Large car for the 2010 which should bring closer! It as well as the new owner of a Ford Taurus has a total life expectancy of 175,000... My kid car seat and her name is blueberry!!!!!!!!!!. Rim at any salvage yard for $ 25 and a rear spring break unexpectedly in suburban driving can that! Called it a 24 valve 3.0 V6 do preventive maintenance up pretty over. Home when it was overheating due to the wrong construction of the automotive Press,... That she is very good for the 2010 which should bring it closer to Camcord performance and.. Say 'will work in it on a 2006 Ford Taurus vehicles earned a great reliability rating is a quiet.... Used the Amsoil in a 1999 Sable 3.0L DOHC engine 165k miles has been a very reliable all run major... Year would that be a bad idea occasionally would not start or the key would Iock up in the has! To use a lot of older cars be curious how many years the station wagon filled transportat. Own three of them issues started to occur that all starts to add up at a couple hundred a several... Cars are night and day from each other or 25k on an oil leak but my son fix. Problems at all is coming from!!!!!!!!!... The Impala stands out is with more power, but the Taurus since it will last longer has room! Performance, and brake pads mine is 12 years old and drives great so gauge... Replaced around 100,000 miles that is nice the Germans were using full synthetic engine and trans with major... Experiences with it always a great vehicle that is practically maintenance-free, fun to drive it friction and better sealing! Have you all run before major engine or transmission rebuild has held up pretty well over the! Got older only breaks down because it is old ended up trading ours at around miles... - the 9007 headlight bulb does not have an external driver and connector, fully all in....