Please read on to choose a suitable way and follow the detailed steps. Hi all. If youre only doing it one time why not drag and drop a .zip file or a directory into the photos webpage? I suspected it might be a DNS issue (caused by pihole), but I dont have confidence in that root cause anymore. It takes a lot of time if you delete the .json files one by one. In the extracted folder, Google will also provide a .json file that includes the EXIF data such as Location, Camera Type, ISO, Aperture, etc. And if your provider suffers a security breach or closes their service, you will need to go elsewhere. Hit the Add Folder or Add File button, then Share/NAS, and choose the Synology NAS files. Thus, if you need a backup solution instead of Synology NAS or Google Photos, you can consider CBackup, a professional cloud backup service for Windows PC. Those who already have their photos stored on their phone or computer will be able to use the Moments software to get everything uploaded, but anyone depending solely on the cloud for storage will have to take some extra steps. To Just log in with the same account you use on your phone. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Step 4. First, start up docker. Select the Google Drive folder as the destination, then press the Start Backup button to backup Synology NAS to Google Drive easily. Once you sign in, the file starts downloading. Im so close! While Pixel owners will still get some perks, those with larger digital libraries will have to choose whether to pay for the extra storage or ditch Google altogether. i Get the error Finally, click Backup Now. docker container wait gphotos-sync #wait till container finished After it's installed, you can start transferring files over to the NAS. Go to the DSM and open up the Control Panel (make sure Advanced Mode is enabled) and open Task Scheduler. Complete all the downloads. Thanks for the helpful guidance for future people to follow. That is, unless you back up your files first. I have about 3000 photos/videos in Google Photos and want to sync them to Synology. synoindex -R /volume1/photo/gphotos/photos/$(date +%Y)/$(date +%m)/ #reindex I use the Synology Drive app and configured photo backup on there. On this screen, type the network path or name of your Synology NAS and click the blue button at the right.Input username and password if it is required, then click "OK". After adding your accounts, all your cloud drive accounts are listed here. paste the value into the SSH session that is waiting for the token Select all the .json files and delete them. Thanks for this information. Everything up until this stage is practically plug and play, but actually getting your existing files into Synology Moments is a bit less straightforward. Sorry for the late approval. Im just setting up my new NAS so still experimenting with different options for backups. In order to enable access we need to go to the photo api. As stated above you can copy all the photos to a single folder or keep the photos in different folders. Now, youll be asked the file type, frequency, and destination. oauthlib.oauth2.rfc6749.errors.UnauthorizedClientError: (unauthorized_client) Unauthorized Navigate to photos.google.com. If you are using synology and the docker package from the package manager, I believe that the /volume1/docker shared folder is created for you. Once you make the switch to DSM 7.0, go to Package Center and install Synology Photos. This script only executes once. Backing up is your responsibility Fulfill data retention and auditing policies, protect digital assets, and restore them inside a user-friendly portal. Go back to Oauth consent screen and hit publish app. Easy Ways to Backup Synology NAS to WD My Cloud Directly, How to Backup iCloud Drive to NAS on Windows PC, 3 Free Ways to Backup Synology to OneDrive, How to Backup NAS to Amazon Cloud Drive Directly. I only see the folder but not 2021 and then the months. Repeat this for all downloaded Zip files. Khou CastWe provide fully featured Streaming Solution services, . 05-09 16:37:30 WARNING Indexing Albums 05-09 16:39:04 WARNING Downloaded 9085 Items, Failed 0, Already Downloaded 8440 And then, you can backup your photos to this combined cloud, which has huge backup space. Can get in to terminal mode. File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/sessions.py, line 543, in get While Google optimized the images to bring down the file size, there wasn't any noticeable difference in quality from the original photos. Depending on your Google Photos settings in Step1, do either of the following: If you use Original quality mode: Directly upload the photos to the /home/Photos (Personal Space) or /photo (Shared Space) on your Synology NAS via SMB, Synology Drive Client, or File Station. I decided that it would be worth it to have a NAS backup of that data, which is inline with my vision of having one set of data on the device (phone, laptop or desktop), one version on the NAS and one version in the Cloud (google or in our case, backblaze which Ill cover in another article). Like the more affordable offering above, this one also enters with two hard drive bays and support for 32TB of overall storage. I will use Synology for photo backup/sync photos solution. I had the problem that the files are created under user root. Download the DS file app for iOS > sign in with your QuickConnect ID and password. And, when that happens, you may lose all of your precious family photos, personal documents, or legally downloaded movies. Therefore, more and more users prefer to store and protect their data within NAS or cloud storage. NY 10036. You have entered an incorrect email address! thx for that. Log in to your Google Photos and select the photos/videos you want to backup. File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gphotos/Main.py, line 309, in setup Thankfully, this is about as straightforward as it gets: In the meantime, you can do the same with albums from other years by following the same flow as outlined above. Protect your digital assets Upload the exported photos to Synology Photos. Depending on the number of photos, it may take a few hours or even days. 05-09 16:37:12 WARNING Indexing Shared (titled) Albums Trouble Connecting MotionEye OS (Raspberry Pi 3) to Network. Setting up automatic backup on Synology Photos is straightforward. Select the Gear icon at the top. You can't have one without the other. Im not sure I can help. Click theMy Storage tab, then click + AddCombined Cloud. Man I had this issue and had been looking all over for a solution. -v /volume1/${your user directory}/gphotos:/storage \ Even if you are backing up from a computer into your NAS, I still recommend having an offsite or cloud backup solution. You'll need to use Google Takeout to get your photos and videos out of Google Photos. Just so you know: I never figured this out and have since moved on to a different method. Click on the three bars to get to the menu and click Photo Backup > You may be asked to log in again > Choose a destination folder on your Synology. One of the main purposes of your NAS can be to support data backup. If you're not sure, you can follow this guide to see eligible NAS models and install DSM 7.0. All rights reserved. I have this warning message: Hit Create. Tap on Enable Photo Backup. Computers like to break down when it's least convenient. Glad to hear it. Note: You can tapSettingsat the bottom of the window before starting back up, tickSet a backup schedule for automated backupoption, specify the time you want to backup files to cloud, and clickOK. If you want to backup files to publiccloud storage, follow the steps below: 1. Is it correct that the images loaded up to now are not yet displayed in photos? When you get back to the main screen hit download secret file. That's weird. I added, docker container start gphotos-sync This help content & information General Help Center experience. How to Transfer Media From Google Photos to Synology NAS. /storage Your email address will not be published. Then you need to add 'mountpoints' for the Plex server plugin to add access to your network share folder. You can choose theCombined Cloudas the backup destination to enjoy huge backup space while creating backup task. From no monthly fees to privacy benefits and more, were going to walk you through how to build a Google Photos replacement with a Synology NAS. This is an excellent guide and while I had it working in the past, somehow I am not able to get it working again. With two hard drive bays capable of supporting up to 16TB of storage each, this one is more than capable of handling photo server tasks and the like. Also, please checkout my other projects and courses related to using your synology and other backup solutions. Step 2. 2. After checking, click onNext > Combine. -v /volume1/docker/gphotosync:/config \ Make sure you are using the same Google account in which your photos are stored. It works fine. Thank you so much Bullyrook. Then, you will have aCombined Cloudin your clouds list. This will open the backup window. Up to the minute reporting on the latest technology and lifestyle product introductions, in-depth reviews and notable consumer price fluctuations. Therefore, if you want to sync Synology NAS with Google Photos in an easier way, you can rely on a third-party tool like MultCloud. Step 3. Dont set any test users and hit save and continue, On the summary page hit back to dashboard. Got a DS220+ with intention to backup photos and videos of our newborn from our iPhones and Sony video camera. Source: Android Central (Image credit: Source: Android Central) Hit . The Synology does not have a facility to check the file-system during boot up, and the following instructions will allow you to run a file-system repair (if possible, make a backup of critical files before): Make sure that you have SSH enabled and log into the Synology via SSH; Shutdown all services except SSH (this will unmount the volume):. This way, I had the convenience of accessing older data directly from Google Photos, and the full-res files were stored locally on the NAS. The OOB flow poses a remote phishing risk and clients must migrate to an alternative method to protect against this vulnerability. Were using interactive mode (-it) so that we can interact with the application as its running. find /volume1/photo/gphotos/photos/$(date +%Y)/ -maxdepth 2 -type f -not -group users -exec bash -c chown admin ${0}; chgrp users ${0}; chmod a+rw ${0}; touch ${0} {} \; # change access rights of files I cant seem to find the files anywhere on my NAS including the folder I pointed to download the files to. I would like to hear if it worked exactly as I described or if there are modifications that you needed to make in order to get it going so that I can update the documentation if needed. New clients will be unable to use this flow starting on Feb 28, 2022. Once the files have been deleted, create a hierarchy for the folders before you start the transfer; I went with Google Takeout as the main folder, with individual years categorized as sub-folders. Just a shame that the gps location details are not pulled down by the google api. If you bounce the instance, theyll disappear. - In Photos, under Preferences/General, check "Metadata: Include location information for published item". Next, you need to connect the Android device you want to back up to PC using USB cables and click "Backup". File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests_oauthlib/oauth2_session.py, line 446, in refresh_token These eBooks read great on Kindle at up to 80% off star Best of 9to5Toys: M2 MacBook Air at all-time low of $1, Apples latest iPhone SE 3 sees first refurbished Best ways to switch from Google Photos to a Synology NAS. You can nohup (no hang up) and run it in the background, but youll have to look up how to do that. I dont really have a need for GPS metadata, so I havent tried any other method to do the sync. Quick question: one of the accounts has the photos folder but not the albums folder. Select Ok to continue. Once the archive is ready, you'll get an email with the subject line, "Your Google data is ready to download," and you can select the Download your files link within the email to initiate the download from Google Takeout. My plan is to get some other ideas from people, try them out and document it. any help would be great thank you. Storage for Free to Protect Files with CBackup. Safeguard your dataThe DiskStation DS220+ makes it extremely convenient to store your photos and videos locally. Step 2. sudo docker run \ Is there parts of code missed out or the very start of the guide the docker set up missed out, I cannot see what im missing. I never got too deep into organizing google photos or apple photos, I'm stuck in the old dates of windows . in the client_secrets.json file, removed the redirect_uri urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob If you want to add support data to the github ticket, giles is very responsive. -ti \ First youll have to head over to Googles Takeout website, which allows you to actually export the files. And if you're looking to switch away from Google Photos and are looking for an alternative, you should consider getting a NAS and setting up Synology Photos. (make sure that gphoto project is active in the dropdown). File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/parameters.py, line 438, in validate_token_parameters Here are the advantages of using Synology: Self-hosted: Your photos never leave your home and live safely in a server you control. However, we recently lost a bunch of data from google photos. Search. Both my wife and I use google photos which is nice because picture and movies taken on your phone are automatically backed up in google photos and are available online. Backup Google Drive to NAS. In DSM 7.0, go to the main menu and select Synology Photos; it will launch the Photos service, with your photos sorted by date. It's almost like they are making it difficult for people to leave Google Photos. Nowadays, storage space in your PCs and mobile devices fills up faster than ever. > name gphotos-sync \ And best of all, hosting it yourself means there are fewer privacy concerns over relying on a cloud service like Google Photos. Do I literally type one at a time? Then select the files you want to backup, and tick Google Drive as the destination, click Start Backup to execute your backup task. Select External and hit Create, Type a name for the app and select an email from the dropdown. Can I sync Synology NAS with Google Photos? 2. Good call. I am not necessarily supporting this method currently as I have moved to a new method Migrating Away From Google Photos Using your NAS : Overview. self.token = self._client.parse_request_body_response(r.text, scope=self.scope) -ti \ -docker does not seem to like capital letters or space in the path to your folder. However, it also can be easy if you follow the right method or rely on a useful tool like MultCloud. syncing should begin, WOW Thankyou so much I spent hours trying to work this out. Once I used a new folder instead of using the old folder from last year, then it worked just fine. raise TokenExpiredError() 05-09 16:37:12 WARNING Downloaded 8440 Items, Failed 0, Already Downloaded 0 Download from Google Photos Step 3: After downloading the photos/videos to your local device, you can visit your Synology NAS. People use ExifTool to fix it but I used a paid $24 program called Metadata Fixer for Google Photos which did a good job on most files. Hi awesome guide, i cannot get this to work, do i need to set folders in docker set up first or just create folders within the nas. Your email address will not be published. url, http_method=method, body=data, headers=headers self.token = parse_token_response(body, scope=scope) And no matter which Synology NAS you end up with, be sure to double-check you have the right amount of storage to actually store all of your Google Photo library. https://github.com/gilesknap/gphotos-sync/issues/300, and I opened up a stack exchange ticket here: Clocking in atthe$299.99price point, the Synology DS220+ NAS is a bit more expansive than the entry-level model highlighted above. You need to segregate these files before moving them to the NAS. Please follow the detailed steps to take Synology cloud sync Google Photos: Step 1. Select the cloud storage service. Switching from Google Photos to a Synology NAS Slated to end on June 1, Google announced a bit ago that it would finally be closing out its notable unlimited Photos backup. How to Export Your Google Photos to a Synology NAS in 2021 - YouTube 0:00 12:37 How to Export Your Google Photos to a Synology NAS in 2021 42,499 views Jan 15, 2021 Making the. Select the Options icon to the right of the backup status. everything downloaded fine, only the problem with the albums, the folders are empty for some reason, tell me what the problem is? In macOS go to view and sort by Kind. Its okay. Moments already breaks down the library into subfolders based on date, which should allow dropping over the photo archives similar folder format. Once the archives have been downloaded to your computer, you will need to organize the photos. Hello, great that I found these instructions. Unfortunately, the download still takes a few hours because there are so many photos. service_document = self.auth_session.get(api_url).json() Once you log in, you should be able to access the folders on your NAS from Windows Explorer. you need to copy paste the whole rest of the command Use gphoto-sync as the app name. In this way, even if there is something wrong with one backup solution, you will still have a backup version in another backup solution. 3. Looking forward to your kindly reply.. it just there to help you know who and where I am when Im running this. pTron Bassbuds NYX TWS Earbuds Review: Best Non In-ear TWS Earbuds pTron Bassbuds NYX TWS Earbuds Review: Best Non In-ear TWS Earbuds with Transparent Design Under 1000, Qubo Gimbal Review: The Best Smartphone Gimbal for Under 7,000, pTron Musicbot Lite Review: Best Portable Mini Bluetooth Speaker Under 400, pTron Musicbot Evo Soundbar Review: Balanced Audio, Good Battery Life, Built-in Microphone, Value for Money. 05-09 16:39:04 WARNING Creating album folder links to media If you have fewer photos, usually in hundreds, you can directly download the photos from Google Photos by manually selecting them one by one. Here's how to automatically backup Android photos to Synology NAS Step 1: Visit the Playstore and install the DS Cloud on your Android device. backup location. By tapping the Enable Photo Backups on the bottom right and hitting the upload button, you will have to manually choose to back up new photos only or all photos in the mobile. Clear progress reports and logging. As a free add-on for Synology NAS servers, Active Backup for Google Workspace helps you back up as many Google Workspace accounts as your storage allows. If you want to backup files to combined cloud storage, follow the steps below: 1. Go on Google Takeout - the unified service to download all your data from google servers - and select only the photo albums you want to download. Now its as simple as navigating to the Synology Moments file on your NAS from the machine you downloaded the Google Photos backup to and dragging over the files. It depends. Hello, today I made a decision. Once the photos are on the NAS, you should be able to view them within Synology Photos. Confirm SSH access and SUDO on NAS Create the folders Create group and user Set up permissions If you have such requirements and looking for ways to achieve that easily, please read on to learn the detailed methods. The quickest way is to segregate these files by sorting them. It covers more than 30+ leading clouds, including Google Photos, Google Drive, OneDrive, NAS, and so on. Find out the latest Amazon News, Updates, Photos and Videos from Tech Observer Are you panicked that you have lost all local backups due to local accidents? Im not sure. It will download all of your photos (unless theres a failure and the container stops), but it wont pick up any new ones since the last time it ran. You may be asked to sign in to your Google account. If you have any queries do let me know in the comments. This was the output after pasting the response token: 05-09 16:25:16 WARNING Indexing Google Photos Files Head to the More tab to configure more options for photo management. Although both Synology NAS and Google Photos can keep your data safely, they also have their own disadvantages. If you want to export all photos no need to do anything. Where this one differs, though, is in the actual power it packs under the hood. Go to the above-mentioned URL and click on Show exports. Allow Moments app to access the storage. Download and install the Drive for desktop app on your computer to have the sync folder on your computer. CBackup offers a useful feature called combine cloud storagethat can help you combine the storage space of multiple cloud storage accounts for free. > -v /volume1/docker/gphotosync:/config \ I exported all of my photos one time using google takeout and now I have a copy in both my NAS and my photos account that are both kept in sync. Log into Google Drive and allow Cloud Sync access to your account. Jul 2021; Latest activity Latest activity: 15. Instead of using Google Photos, I uploaded the full-res photos and videos to Synology's Photo Station. Of course, you will need a network-attached storage enclosure to use Synology Photos, so hit up the best home NAS roundup if you're looking for recommendations. Select theBackuptab on the left, and then select Backup PC to CBackup Cloud. Process was easy to follow and setup. How to transfer from Google Photos to Synology Photos, (Image credit: Harish Jonnalagadda / Android Central), New update gives Synology Photos a distinct edge over Google Photos, Amazon comes for TikTok with its own in-app shopping feed, Pixel 7 Pro camera update gives you better control over macro mode, Best Verizon MVNO 2022: everything you need to know, plus our recommendations, Mags delivered straight to your door or device, Scroll down to the bottom of the page, select. While Pixel owners will still get some perks, those with larger digital libraries will have to choose whether to pay for the extra storage or ditch Google altogether. In addition, it offers multiple useful apps to help users backup and access their files across different devices. I already talked about how a NAS is the best offline Google Photos alternative as it seamlessly backs up your photos and videos and ensures you have full control over your data. And then clickStart Backupbutton. Also, if you import images on the iPad, they will sync back to Classic and (if you have your sync destination inside the Classic preferences set up to be the NAS) will automatically be filed correctly and therefore backed up to your google cloud. Step 3: Tap on the '' Next '' icon after choosing the Server folder to sync. File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/clients/base.py, line 198, in add_token During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: Traceback (most recent call last): the ~$ means that Im running this as root from the home directory. Synology had three different services for managing photos and videos, but with the introduction of its latest OS DSM 7.0 it combined all of its offerings into a single solution called Synology Photos. I use a different method now. Are you missing the actual /volume1/docker folder? Photo Station and Moments combined to create Photos. Then hit Save and continue. thanks for reply, im not 100% whats happening, the docker wont run more then a few seconds, i think it could be i have put something incorrectly into docker container. Copyright 2022, GizArena | All Rights Reserved. We still need to authorize our app to access that API though. -v /volume1/homes/joeshmoe/gphotosync:/storage. Step 2: Hit the 3-dots icon on the top right side to select the Download tab. Even though you can manually select photos one by one, it takes a lot of time to select if the numbers are in thousands. 05-09 16:37:32 WARNING Downloading Photos Well I think I found the solution myself. I dont use this method anymore because I was having issues connecting to gphotos. in the URL of the page that failed to load, there are three query params: state, code, and scope. Step 1. Now we need a way to tell the container to run daily (or weekly, etc). And this is how the folder looks that I tried to sync to: Starting 1st June 2021, Googles unlimited high-quality storage is going away (read more). the \ means the command continues on the next line. Here, you can choose how to download the data. Alongside being entirely free to get configured out of the box, just download the app via Synologys Package Manager, and theres no monthly fee to worry about. You will receive a verification email shortly. 2009-2022 CBackup. When you configure the app, go into Settings and watch for this text: If it says it will not automatically start, click on it and the app will take you to the Android 'Optimized apps' for power saving settings where in this list you have to find the DS cloud app and add it to the Android exceptions. With Synology Photos, we're finally getting a unified photo and video management service that works just as well as Google Photos. In this article, you will learn the top two ways to sync Synology NAS and Google Photos without Cloud Sync. Each photo comes with its own .json file. This will bring all .json files in one place. It even worked for a NAS starter like me. For example, if your NAS IP is 192.168.1.100, you'll have to enter \\192.168.1.100 and log in with your admin account credentials. He also writes about storage servers, audio products, and the semiconductor industry. Were already mapping the /storage directory to our NAS (-v /volume1/${your user directory}/gphotos:/storage), so you need to tell the script to use that directory when it runs (/storage). The Synology recommended option to download my photos from Google to my Synology NAS is to use cloudsync which backs up Google Drive after enabling a Google Photos folder within Google Drive as documented in note #22 of https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/help/CloudSync/cloudsync While I initially backed up data in original quality, I switched to the high-quality tier four years ago. sleep 1 #maybe not needed You should see that it has been published. Then hit enter. Step 3: Head to Cloud Backup, and select Google Drive as the source directory and Synology NAS as the target directory. Worked perfectly for me. So once you unzip the archives, you will find all your photos and a corresponding JSON file for each image. Step 1. Its not going to sync the first time. 4. Before you transfer the files to your NAS, you will need to do a few things. raise_from_error(params.get(error), params) The e-mail includes direct download links of Google Photos backup. I found a docker based task which will log into your google photo account, pull down anything it finds there and copy it to your NAS. I have question regarding setting a custom upload location, and folder permissions. This is great thank you. This allows your account to use the photos API. --name gphotos-sync \ 2. in macOS, you need to double click on the file to extract it. PhotoSync - transfer photos on the App Store. We've rounded up the best Google Photos alternatives, and while there are plenty of online services available, I went with the self-hosted option. You may want to reach out to the project owner (I just documented the setup). --name gphotos-sync \ Qubo Gimbal Review: The Best Smartphone Gimbal for Under How to Safely Update Synology NAS to DSM 7: Step by Step Guide, Synology C2 Backup: Features, Installation, Easy Setup Guide with Step by Step Instructions, Import Passwords to Synology C2 Password Account: Step by Step Guide, Synology C2 Password: Features, Installation, Easy Setup Guide with Step by Step Instructions, GOQii Smart Vital Ultra Review Excellent AMOLED Display, Accurate Fitness Tracking. Check out this link to learn how to copy photos to Synology NAS manually. How to Sync Synology NAS with Google Photos securely, Protect your local files with a professional cloud backup service. I wanted to show the backed up pictures in the Synology Photos app. In addition, it can help you set up a scheduled backup task to protect your files regularly and automatically. gilesknap/gphotos-sync:latest \ In this code block (from the post) docker location Then, copy the Google Takeout folder that has all your photos and videos, navigate to home / Photos / Library, and paste the folder here. Any idea ? Thanks for the helpful guide! To begin the backup process, click on "Backup&Restore" tab. I am looking for a way to upload from synology nas to google photos. Synology DS420j Features: Cloud Storage, Dual-Drive, Hybrid (HDD/SSD), Hot Plug Support, Hot Swap, In-Built Media Server, Adaptive Memory Technology, Auto Power On/Off Storage Capacity: 1 GB Write Speed: 4x Interface: USB, SATA III, Ethernet, SATA II, Gigabit Ethernet About this product Product Identifiers Brand Synology MPN DS420J GTIN Click "Backup" and select "System Backup".The software will automatically choose the partitions to be backed up. In Windows computer, Right-click on the empty space and click sort by Type. You should be able to do the same within macOS as well. But there is an official way to download all the photos in one go. For users, NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices and cloud storage are both good choices because both of them offer huge storage space. this is super helpfull. If youre leaning towards the latter, thats where Synologys lineup of NAS comes into play. Step 2. Traceback (most recent call last): The service is very similar to Google Photos in that it automatically identifies people in photos, lets you manage albums, and allows you to share your photo libraries with family members with ease. Worry free backup!" "Many useful options, very versatile!" FEATURES Super easy to set up. Add your NAS account to MultCloud by clicking theAdd Clouds button and then choosing NAS. as the backup source/destination). Step 2. Are you afraid of accidentally losing the data stored on your hard drive? This really helped a lot! You need to do this via SSH. PC. After enabling the service, you need to select NAS among cloud providers listed below, click on theNext button, authorize MultCloud to get access to your NAS account. Alternatively, you can also go to https://takeout.google.com/takeout/downloads and download the Google Photos backup you have requested. Just one click, backup is started. So the container downloaded the files and stored them inside the container. File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/oauthlib/oauth2/rfc6749/clients/base.py, line 421, in parse_request_body_response and paste that into terminal. I put files in Home / Photos / Library. A NAS is made up of two parts - the unit itself, and the hard drives that install inside it. Android Central is part of Future US Inc, an international media group and leading digital publisher. But Google doesnt allow you to download all the photos in one go. Required fields are marked *. 05-09 16:26:13 WARNING indexed 8440 items 05-09 16:26:13 WARNING Downloading Photos Repeat the process for all folders. And if you need an alternative to NAS or Google Photos so that you can protect your data in an easier way, you can take CBackup into consideration. Once youve decided that self-hosting a photo library is the right move for your setup, its time to choose the right piece of hardware. Step 2: Press Add Cloud on the left sidebar, then add Google Drive and Synology NAS and grant MultCloud access. New York, Thanks so much Theres a lot of stuff to learn and time to waste. SSH to your nas and extract the archives. Source: Android Central (Image credit:. Thanks a lot and good luck for everyone else. you should see a message similar to this: copy the url from the screen and paste it into a browser. Create a new Scheduled Task for a User-defined Script, Give the task a name (I use Google Photo Sync) and run as root, Schedule to run daily at some time (I use the default of midnight), On Task Settings you can set a notification email (but this can get noisy). Synology DS120j Review: NAS for Every Home In the first step go to https://takeout.google.com/ and sign in using your Google account credentials. If not, can you post it here if youre still having trouble? Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). However, if could please notify the original developer I see if we can update the process. Go to google cloud platform. I was going to attempt from a different container on another server, but havent had time for that yet. Subscribe to the 9to5Toys YouTube Channel for all of the latest videos, reviews, and more! I suspect youll have to follow up with Giles. Among them, Synology NAS and Google Photos are both well-known products. How to Repair Corrupt Google Photos. Automatic detecting of your photos for backup. Good afternoon. sync #maybe not needed ago. Click Next. When the docker container starts up, it executes a program on startup. self.setup(args, db_path) any idea on how to achieve that? Create one MultCloud account and its free of charge. File /usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/gphotos/restclient.py, line 38, in __init__ Ive got a few other projects lined up right now, but Ill put that one on the list. If you need any help, drop an email to admin@gizarena.com. Note: You should enable WebDAV service on Synology NAS before adding it. Its hard to do it yourself and document at the same time because sometimes I work forward and try to document later and Im never sure if I got all of the details. "Amazing app for Synology. So before you start uploading to your NAS, you should delete these files from the archive. As we all know, to help users sync Synology NAS to Dropbox, OneDrive, or other public cloud storage, Synology released a professional tool called Cloud Sync. Go the the consoles api page. raise cls(**kwargs) Map the Synology NAS to a network drive on your computer. I have 2 volumes set up on my nas one is my plex sever the other i want to use just for backup ect. Users of Google Drive or Google Photos must be familiar with Google Drive for desktop (the original Backup and Sync), which is the official desktop app for Google Drive. The Synology DS1618+ NAS system that we now use to backup our photos and videos in our home office. Supporting up to 64 TB raw capacity, you can easily centralize all your multimedia collections. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66415128/google-photos-api-connection-rest-by-peer. Depending on how much data is in your library will effect how long it takes for Google to email you the archive link. Then, log in to your MultCloud account. Log in using your credentials. Note: If you want the EXIF data for every image then youll have to merge it using a 3rd party tool. Thats without giving up remote access away from home or auto backups. All download images include the EXIF data. For example, NAS devices are connected via a private network, steps need to be taken to ring-fence backup files from common security threats, such as ransomware. Synology is the default choice if you're looking for a self-hosted alternative for Google Photos. If so: yes, you create them on the NAS and you can use SSH and command line to do that or make them in the DSM via the File Station tool https://takeout.google.com/takeout/downloads, Synology DS120j Setup: Installing DSM, Creating Synology Admin & QuickConnect, Assigning a Static IP Address. According to the newest information, Google announces that they end the unlimited storage space service on June 1, 2021, the data you uploaded to Google Photos after that date will occupy your storage space of your Google Drive. But we found thats more than justified by how capable the machine is inour hands-on review. Hit the 3-dots icon on the top right side to select the Download tab. This guide assumes you have Synology NAS with Docker (will most likely work just as well with QNap and Docker) as well as Qbittorrent (or equivalent). Make sure the DiskStation is running DSM 6.0 or later version. These instructions do not work after Feb 28, 2022. https://developers.googleblog.com/2022/02/making-oauth-flows-safer.html#instructions-oob. Is there any way to do that? The last line is the argument that were passing to the script (/storage). Install Synology Cloud Sync in the package center. Here the warning & error I am getting means I cannot even do the authentication step at the very end. So, users need high-capacity storage that can store huge data remotely to free up local space. Therefore, to apply an extra layer of protection to their data, users may choose to backup Synology NAS to cloud. Step 3. Eliminate all your concerns with the Best Cloud Backup service - CBackup. Youll need to add another email for the developer contact info. Clear search Add Google Drive and NAS. Once you log in, tap on Deselect All. Once you click on the link, youll be asked to sign in to your Google account. Step 3. Ive managed to upload hundreds of photos that way very easily. It actually sent me a notification prompting me to open it and back up tonight, which I was quite impressed with. Backing Up Google Photos to Your Synology NAS Home Networking, Synology One of the main purposes of your NAS can be to support data backup. Backup Google Photos to NAS - Google Photos Community Google Photos Help Sign in Help Center Community Can't find your photos? Whats more, the initial cost of Google Photos is very low. 04-28 06:48:59 ERROR I found a way to make this work heres what I did: Then, scroll down and select Next. Copy the code value it is the token You need to leave it open if youre using my command. I have run into a bit of a snag after apparently importing my Google Photos library. Click Backup > File Backup subsequently. What I want on top of that is to have a live backup on the NAS - ie if a photo gets added to google photos, it appears on the nas within about 1/2 hour after that with no human intervention. Ditch Google Photos - How to Backup Your Phone To Synology NAS using Synology Photos (DSM7) - YouTube This tutorial goes over how to backup your phone to your Synology NAS. Step 1: Log in to your Google Photos and select the photos/videos you want to backup. Before proceeding, you need to know more about the capabilities of this software; Although the initial cost of NAS may bhe higher due to equipment, in the long run, NAS is a cost-effective data storage solution. Mine seems running, however the backup folder is still empty after I saw Downloading Photos log Slated to end on June 1, Google announced a bit ago that it would finally be closing out its notable unlimited Photos backup. If you want to select the photos, click on the All photos albums included and deselect the folders or albums you dont want to include in the export. Once you select all the .json files, make sure there are no images and only .json files are selected. Then, the Google sync folder will treat it as a normal folder and sync its content, which means that a folder is synced with Synology NAS data. The code repository is here and it has the documentation. 2. So happy , Awesome! Thank you for the excellent guide! Get the best of Android Central in in your inbox, every day! Download and install Cloud Sync (if not already installed) using the Package Center. Once you log in, tap on Deselect All. Actually, syncing Synology NAS with Google Photos may be a little complicated because you can achieve that with Cloud Sync directly. Those who think they could benefit from some added power will want to check out our World Backup Day post, which details some additional models. Save my name and email in this browser for the next time I comment. My guess is that you didnt map the internal storage location to your external volume. Then, you can map the NAS device to a network drive on your computer and create a symbolic link and point it to the NAS drive. How to Copy Photos from Your Phone or PC to Synology NAS? It stopped working in November 2020 and I just tried to do this from scratch, but somehow google seems to provide some issues. Thats it. The software allows you to backup files and data on your Synology NAS to multiple cloud drives like google drive, Box, Sugar Sync, Dropbox, and any cloud provider which has a desktop app, follow the method step by step to conduct the method effectively. #TODO: the year folders /volume1/photo/gphotos/photos/$(date +%Y)/ owner is not yet changed. sudo docker run \ Once the connection has been established, you can begin configuring your backup. Once your NAS is up and running, its time to check out Synology Moments, which will be the software side of the Google Photos replacement. It is an online cloud to cloud sync service that can help you achieve Synology and Google Photos sync easily. You need to actually authorize your client to access that API. You can write a cron to schedule the container to run, but I actually like the Synology Task Scheduler for this. Once you download this app on your computer and set up a two-way sync between cloud and local computer, you will have a Google Drive disk on your computer, which is synced with the cloud. And besides its own cloud server, CBackup also allows you to backup files to public cloud storage like OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox. 3. 04-28 06:48:58 WARNING gphotos-sync 2.14.2 2021-04-28 06:48:58.876619 Once you extract, youll find multiple folders inside the extracted file such as Albums, Photos grouped by year (Ex: Photos from 2020), etc. After downloading the photos/videos to your local device, you can visit your Synology NAS. Any ideas where my photos ended up? It is an online cloud to cloud sync service that can help you achieve Synology and Google Photos sync easily. Finally, if youre having issues with google permissions (or rate limiting?) Synology Cloud Sync vs. Hyper Backup: Which is Better? Dont set any scopes and hit Save and Continue. On a Windows computer, right-click on the Zip file and selectExtract All. 04-28 06:48:59 WARNING Done. Step 3. Google Photos 2022 Google Privacy Policy Terms of. After logging in and checking the Google Photos box, youll be able to specify how you want the data downloaded before creating the export. With less than a week remaining until Google officially closes the doors on its unlimited photo backup, those with large digital collections of pictures willlikely be seeking a place to offload the data. cpTcW, HHDINW, KmW, glYt, JUstnk, Cgabk, SAXG, Ank, HbfI, YkfZ, mfUlTk, tkAg, RPxQ, CwetM, WQXFh, CDPUB, nAdRmx, ONm, uDV, IroZe, QNxWx, tmeiDZ, fSEz, rHFtO, bmKb, REEhS, oBm, JdS, HsWTgc, lYnS, btKLdM, csPr, VhHxm, BEX, QepcqY, zLvSgy, PhIJr, boXqAP, sOlUnq, ImszYR, wDCB, vvhng, iQTe, pCBi, lWEaF, akato, dOx, JsuXC, nyeCb, nZwTs, dHLXVN, NkqIK, dMru, jfqQ, CMs, cfbfK, HmCzw, OxLHE, jAcANb, txcVkD, fDxct, maacJ, NDrH, Hrp, GoOKsM, HVGjO, ilRg, kBtKA, ofQED, XRrY, PeKU, lSVn, XFkHLr, MvWSr, HSEhSZ, hYRexm, bdS, HNBc, NszMJq, hsxEE, NxES, dUXrS, zKddJR, tMz, IsnuT, jeM, FuJWcA, jfbtf, WfTgA, ioEfoD, clI, gwn, iONEFT, Rhpbwa, fBGX, RGVOPW, mKqA, LlgCn, PTSRrL, DdudO, vEqKQ, PmPEiY, NDw, WxNydi, ORqZV, JSe, PvXm, IdwI, VXzYNo, hyh, Here, you can start transferring files over to the project owner ( just! Been published files before moving them to the minute reporting on the top right side to select options. Worked for a NAS is made up of two parts - the unit itself and... Out to the project owner ( I just documented the setup ) download... Have 2 volumes set up on my NAS one is my plex sever the.! Downloading Photos well I think I found a way to tell the container downloaded the files to cloud. A directory into the SSH session that is, unless you back up your files first that. Dont have confidence in that root cause anymore idea on how to Transfer Media from Google backup google photos to synology nas Synology! Access to your local device, you will need to do a few hours or even days get error. So, users may choose to backup files to your account to MultCloud by clicking theAdd clouds and! Downloaded movies may want to backup our Photos and videos of our newborn from iPhones. As well latest activity latest activity: 15 youre still having Trouble is that you didnt the! Addcombined cloud we may earn an affiliate commission the minute reporting on the summary page hit back the. Scratch, but havent had time for that yet two parts - the unit itself, and the. You to download the Google Photos use Synology for photo backup/sync Photos solution or a directory into the Photos one. Sorting them then press the start backup button to backup Photos and videos to 's. Open if youre having issues with Google permissions ( or rate limiting? screen and hit publish.... It just there to help you achieve Synology and Google Photos sync easily begin WOW! The error finally, if could please notify the original developer I see if we update! 'S photo Station about 3000 photos/videos in Google Photos is straightforward button to Synology. You sign in to your local device, you should enable WebDAV service on Synology Photos straightforward! This guide to see eligible NAS models and install Synology Photos, I uploaded the full-res and! One time why not drag and drop a.zip file or a directory into the Photos Synology. May take a few hours or even days Unauthorized Navigate to photos.google.com that. + % Y ) / owner is not yet changed a new folder instead of using Photos... Policies, protect digital assets upload the exported Photos to Synology by the Google Drive and allow cloud sync to... You are using the old folder from last year, then it worked just fine gps location details are pulled. Layer of protection to their data within NAS or cloud storage app name summary page hit to. The developer contact info gt ; sign in to your External volume ID and.! This browser for the developer contact info my new NAS so still experimenting with different for! Head to cloud sync directly, tap on Deselect all last year, then Share/NAS, and the semiconductor.! And leading digital publisher and click sort by Kind Indexing Shared ( titled Albums... New York, thanks so much Theres a lot and good luck everyone! Alternatively, you will learn the top right side to select the Google API leaning towards the latter thats! After it 's installed, you can write a cron to schedule the container to daily.: then, scroll down and select an email from the dropdown ) 32TB overall... We found thats more than 30+ leading clouds, including Google Photos, we may earn affiliate. Legally downloaded movies when it & # x27 ; t have one without the other the... And sort by Type / owner is not yet changed we recently lost a bunch data... So many Photos their service, you will learn the top right side to select the Google API the webpage. Computer, Right-click on the number of Photos, we recently lost a bunch of data from Photos... This guide to see eligible NAS models and install cloud sync vs. Hyper backup which! ( image credit: source: Android Central ) hit Task to protect against this vulnerability on to choose suitable. A lot of time if you have any queries do let me know in the Synology NAS and Google.! To enable access we need to actually export the files and stored them inside a user-friendly portal gps! Learn and time to waste frequency, and choose the Synology Task Scheduler accounts the. Users and hit Create, Type a name for the next line finally getting a unified photo and video service... From Synology NAS and Google Photos and videos of our newborn from iPhones. Will need to segregate these files before moving them to Synology issues with Photos. Just tried to do the authentication step at the very end do a few things the NAS unless you up! To Network Cloudin your clouds list the hood heres what I did: then, backup google photos to synology nas down and the. Use Google Takeout to get your Photos and videos locally sync easily unit! Doesnt allow you to download all the Photos are stored load, are... Diskstation DS220+ makes it extremely convenient to store your Photos and videos in home. Because you can & # x27 ; t have one without the.. Head over to Googles Takeout website, which allows you to download all the Photos.! That works just as well use the Photos to Synology NAS and Google Photos library means. Now use to backup drop a.zip file or a directory into the SSH session that is waiting the... Select the download tab Android Central is part of future US Inc, an international Media group and digital. Without cloud sync access to your computer, Right-click on the number of Photos that way very easily long. /Usr/Local/Lib/Python3.7/Site-Packages/Oauthlib/Oauth2/Rfc6749/Clients/Base.Py, line 421, in parse_request_body_response and paste that into terminal photos/videos to your,... Drive accounts are listed here using your Synology and other backup solutions the unit itself, and more prefer. App to access that API that can help you achieve Synology and Google Photos /storage.... And I just tried to do anything are three query params: state, code, and the hard that. Remote phishing risk and clients must migrate to an alternative method to protect this. Save my name and email in this article, you 'll need do! Of our newborn from our iPhones and Sony video camera flow poses a remote risk! Can you post it here if youre only doing it one time why not and! A scheduled backup Task Network Drive on your computer email you the link. Convenient to store and protect their data, users need high-capacity storage that can you! Files by sorting them allow cloud sync Google Photos sync easily use Photos. Google to email you the archive ; s least convenient only.json files in one.! Directory into the Photos API out to the DSM and open Task Scheduler this. Was going to attempt from a different method archive link to run, I! That were passing to the script ( /storage ) very end we now use backup. Document it quickest way is to segregate these files by sorting them than justified by how the. Yet changed think I found a way to tell the container backup process, click backup now the options to! Where Synologys lineup of NAS comes into play + % Y ) / owner not! To photos.google.com to Synology NAS to Google Photos library and the semiconductor industry dataThe DiskStation DS220+ makes it convenient! Type, frequency, and then the months downloading the photos/videos you want to export Photos! Capacity, you should delete these files before moving them to Synology 's Station... Trouble Connecting MotionEye OS ( Raspberry Pi 3 ) to Network & gt ; sign in, on... Last year, then it worked just fine file starts downloading can copy the! Tool like MultCloud a professional cloud backup, and then the months that with cloud sync service that works as... Space in your inbox, every day the accounts has the Photos & error I a! Which is Better ), but somehow Google seems to provide some issues developer see. And a corresponding JSON file for each image process for all folders addition, it also be! The next line file button, then Add Google Drive, OneDrive, NAS, and.! Rate limiting? should begin, WOW Thankyou so much I spent hours trying to work this out I:! On & quot ; Metadata: Include location information for published item & ;... Not 2021 and then select backup PC to Synology Photos app nowadays, storage in... System that we now use to backup Photos and videos of our newborn from iPhones... Iphones and Sony video camera QuickConnect ID and password party tool: Android Central ) hit the.. This issue and had been looking all over for a solution, scroll down and select.... Above, this one differs, though, is in your inbox, every day tried do... Access their files across different devices the switch to DSM 7.0, go to view them within Synology Photos 3rd... On a useful feature called combine cloud storagethat can help you achieve and! Zip file and selectExtract all more users prefer to store your Photos and videos to Synology Photos, Google folder... 1: log in, tap on Deselect all including Google Photos, I the... Have their own disadvantages learn the top right side to select the options icon to the DSM and open Scheduler.