Keep up the great work! To do this, enter the following command: sudo apt-get dist-upgrade This command will upgrade your system to the latest release of Linux Mint. As usual, Ulyana sounds like a wonderful release. 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended). one from LayerOnline & Clarkson University USA but both verify fails saying bad sig. Youre great, Irish! The install was fast and easy. I think you did a good job! Hi Clem, I got error when mintupgrade check, that I saw others have gotten. It fits on my super-durable 2-GB keychain thumbdrive and is always available for demonstration. cache.upgrade(True) No problems in 19.3 In the Settings Editor go to xsettings and set DialogsUseHeader to false. Big thanks to all Mint Team.. Bravooo. The only way to make changes currently is to use the CUPS web interface at http://localhost:631 , something that many novices probably arent aware of. I heard that cinnamon is somewhat heavy. I installed Linux Mint 20 Xfce (definitive version), but unfortunately a chronic problem appeared. If you open an issue, please attach the output from those. Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity. I think it depends not only on your memory but also on your drive (HDD or SSD) and on the rest of your hardware, esp. Curious if its just to add a safe buffer or is theres substantial background/GUI improvements that just consume more resources. Even though many people no longer own . . If you had a KDE version my hopping days would be over! Congrats to all involved. Expected behavior: music played in background and locker in TTY7 with password prompt as Cinnamon session. MX Linux is ranked 12th while Linux Mint is ranked 13th. Something seems to have changed solution evades me. In the past, available updates were simply indicated by a little orange dot on the Update Manager's icon in the system tray and could go unnoticed for long periods of time. After adding it back on the panel, the Whisker menu layout is totally different from how it was before. result: MUFFIN SEGFAULT, DESKTOP FALLBACK MODE, cannot log in with a screen disabled, screen positions not retained. Est felicitas! Hello again read the release notes. Boot from the flash drive to the live desktop environment without installing anything on your hard drive. Its fixed now. Mas tive um problema O MINT 20 XFCE informava que nao localizou o outro computador. Thanks! Once you have downloaded an image, please verify its integrity and authenticity. In fact, it took my installing and running Debian (quite briefly) recently before I finally realized just how much work is put into basing a distro on it. Maria Vojtovicova, On the laptop, problems with the wifi (brodacom 4312, I think,) still unsolved due to not having a cable connection. I know this may be jumping the gun but is there a way to use Timeshift to export your package list from 19.3 to be used on a fresh install of 20 as an upgrade path option. It doesnt see my mobile broadband connection, I dont know how to connect to the the internet, so disappointed for me:(. Linux Mint is copyrighted since 2006 and trademarked through the Linux Mark Institute. Por favor, reinstale o pacote virtualbox-dkms e carregue o mdulo do kernel executando There is nothing extraordinary. . In that era of machine often some of the ram was used for video memory so you would not have the minimum needed if that is the case. Any ideas? Upgraded from 20.1 xfce. But, out of the box, without any modifications, Linux Mint seems to be light on resources. it has grub repair ability It can be minimized if you want to web browse while you wait. apt install mint-dev-tools Furthermore you have to consider that someone who is switching from Windows to Linux does not yet have a Linux system, but the verification should be done before the installation. Topgrade is the best of those I miss, followed by pyrenamer. 3 nagrios 1 yr. ago MX Linux is "a cooperative venture between the antiX and former MEPIS communities, using the best tools and talents from each distro.It is a midweight OS designed to combine an elegant and efficient desktop with simple configuration, high stability, solid performance and medium-sized footprint."Based on Debian Stable, its minimum system requirements are: Outside of open source and general computing material, John has also written for automotive publications, and is currently writing material on vintage gaming and drumming. Can anyone point me to a guide to make the same change on LinuxMint 20.2, I have only found old Ubuntu ones and some frequency switcher app for earlier mint versions? thank you for telling about BeeBeep. Every time I accidentally click the middle-button I end up with whatever I am writing being deleted/have whitespace or whichever I last copied pasted over/into my current selection. Scaling seems to work fine overall, only the Mint themes dont entirely take into account the x2 Window Scaling setting found in Settings > Appearance. From Brazil, the best ever! Been using LM20Xfce for some months now, on multiple devices. I was unable to restore the window to the previous size using the restore button. alguem sabe como fazer isso? O driver do kernel do VirtualBox Linux no est carregado ou no est configurado corretamente. I wasnt given the option to create a 16gb swap partition during the install. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don't fit in the screen). Step 5: log back in Keep in mind that on Windows, tapping the touchpad for a typical left click is on by default. Is Version 20 XFCE the end of the line for 32 bit versions? This is especially unwelcome on a machine without NVIDIA graphics! i also cdnt figure out a single reason for that. Announcements will be made in July with instructions on how to upgrade from Linux Mint 19.3. With Mint, I am able to use the laptop for learning new development languages. When a notification is dismissed it is snoozed for 2 days. good afternoon, I would like to know how I can remove a GRU version of ubuntu that I have on my laptop, since whenever I install Linux mint I get the message of ubunto GRU and I dont know how to remove it from the root so as not to be there every week I install the linux mint system who can help me since I only want to have linux mint it always happens to me and it is very annoying, you can try a rescatux live usb . I was on Mint Xfce for many years before realizing how good Plasma 5 is. This new version of Xfce features a refined visual identity, improved settings manager, power manager, display settings and keyboard shortcuts, pausable file operations, a new configuration tool to set your favorite applications and support for fractional scaling. No existe distribuio Linux melhor do que o Mint. really lmde 4 is a very good operating system, 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage). So the question is; is the developer of handbrake, fully up to date, as far as mint 20 is concerned? I had tried Cinnamon at first, but that was a bit slow. Affiliate Disclosure: Make Tech Easier may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers. 4 GB de RAM menor. The following packages have unmet dependencies: Every little helps, don't hesitate to get involved. Xubuntu (/ z b n t u /) is a Canonical Ltd.-recognized, community-maintained derivative of the Ubuntu operating system.The name Xubuntu is a portmanteau of Xfce and Ubuntu, as it uses the Xfce desktop environment, instead of Ubuntu's Unity and GNOME desktop.. Xubuntu seeks to provide "a light, stable and configurable desktop environment with conservative workflows" using Xfce . I would think it would be easy to include this feature in Xfce but it doesnt happen in more. Tech Story. Post Greetings from Brazil. Mint is my favorite distro because it just works out of the box, to coin a well used yet well deserved phrase. Hello. I appreciate your effort and Mint is really polished! Tenho uma situao muito estranha: quando uso mint com xfce (depois de instalado), quando aperto a tecla m funciona normalmente. And thanks for making it work out of the box with the Wifi adapter in my laptop, where so many other distros fail. Well technically speaking 512mb is the minimum that xfce needs. Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox, How to Generate A Public/Private SSH Key in Linux, Ubuntu Software Center Not Working? Linux Mint forever! J tentei mudar o local do fuso horrio, mudar a configurao de sincronizado pela internet para manual; nada funcionou! Upgrade instructions: Announcements will be made in July with instructions on how to upgrade from Linux Mint 19.3. 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended). 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage). Upgrade instructions: Almost all the packages we distribute are open-source. Thank you dev Mint team! If I unplug, then the Laptop monitor becomes the primary. for the record I am not dissing Mint as its a solid OS overall but this just seems like a weird default setting since its pretty safe to assume most people prefer simply tapping the touchpad to open/close programs as physically pressing that left click button on the touchpad area is a chore and makes more work on the user unnecessarily. I am wanting to install lxd version 4.2. Your email address will not be published. Will Mint be able to access the files on that drive (pics, Word, Excel etc)? THANKS. Link to the signed sums: sha256sum.txt.gpg. Peppermint Support for 32-bit systems: Yes Peppermint is a cloud-focused Linux distribution that doesn't need high-end hardware. Some feedback : I use french language. Depending on your screen resolution you might find other sizes better. What should I do? I get an Accurate, fast and secure email validation service on both links. Linux Mint 20.3 "Una" Xfce Edition Known issues Snap Store The Snap Store is disabled in Linux Mint 20. Linux Mint 20 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2025. This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements. xfce4-panel 4.14.2 had a bad release build when will 4.14.3 replace that in Linux Mint? For new computers, whichever way you go, you're going to be fine. Xfce is stable and performant, and software gets installed easily! I dont think its a assumption, but facts. ctrl-alt-f1 Well, I eventually installed LinuxMintXFCE to the Dell Optiplex with 256MB RAM and all went well until I did a reboot. 4 GB of RAM 100 GB of hard drive space 64 bit CPU (single core) with 2 GHz speed or better 1440 x 900 resolution or higher High definition graphics card and monitor High speed internet connection The first two requirements in the list above are what Mint recommends ( source here ). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvWFtGYkvY, Man, thank you!!! Linux Mint used to do this by default. As for the Xfce edition, you can generally expect more of the same. Anyone can produce fake ISO images, it is your responsibility to check you are downloading the official ones. Hi, I want to congratulate you guys on the Xfce version, it means I can use this 2006 Laptop still and it is really nice to use. https://askubuntu.com/questions/859630/how-to-start-ubuntu-in-console-mode. XFCE is a lightweight construction. This release ships with linux-firmware 1.187. It seems like the installation program decided to install libreoffice language packs for all the Earth languages (probably not the Earth only) which I will never use. It would definately be a slow goer. it has everything except not present on mobile, still best for offices. Check out our Linux Mint Xfce Edition review below. Prior versions of handbrake under prior versions of mint work reasonably well. Sticky Notes replaces GNote as the default application for taking notes. Getting liberated from Windoze 7. However, I dont know if this works across different versions of Mint. Easy to do manually of course in a minute. My desktop does not network with other PCs. The initial experience was slow, but that was with all the eye-candy and services turned on. Thats the only hiccup Ive seen. Well, except for my Raspberry Pis. The image is from zero.com.ar and it is missing 35 updates that I cannot do without internet https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-handbrake-on-ubuntu, Does anyone know how to do this? Same if I try to login via terminal. Linux doesn't need antivirus, and what little antivirus the most paranoid geeks need doesn't need to run constantly. You can launch it from the application menu and then select files, or just select multiple files in your file manager, right-click and choose "Rename". i burned mint 20 to my usb 2 flashdrive and the OS works just fine.. tried the install to my harddrive.. seems as though the OS didnt take into account that some people use video cards on their desktop computers; got a unsupported mode error 45 seconds after reboot to harddrive. Hello, is it possible in the next versions of cinnamon to remake the notification applet so that when notifications arrive, they do not look after the system reboot so that they can be deleted manually as it is done on Gnome or Android. Linux Mint 21.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2027. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don't fit in the screen). Linux mint team biig respect guys!! Thankfully, the Session and Startup customizer in the Settings menu lets you easily disable any unnecessary services. Im here for the long term now, developers thank you very much, hi guys Announcements will be made shortly with instructions on how to upgrade from Linux Mint 20.1 and Linux Mint 20. Is there any reason why that by default on a laptop (it seems to be this way on at least v19 and v20 or so) that the tapping ones finger on the touchpad does not open/close programs like one would expect and one has to physically press the left click button near the touchpad for things to work which is more of a chore to use. I thank you for your attention and hope that a food for thought or a solution is available. I have a laptop with an external monitor connected through HDMI but it seems to be confused and will only let me select the external monitor as the primary, with the menu and notifications, etc. If youve never used Linux Mint before, expect an old fashioned Windows-like interface. File /usr/bin/mintupgrade, line 398, in check The next short-term release of Ubuntu will be 23.04, scheduled for April, and as the company's official Twitter page hinted, it will be called "Lunar . Insert the software CD into a computer and store it on a CD or DVD drive. Ive the same computer and it runs on Mint 19.3 64 bits Xfce witjh 2 go of ram. Keep up the good work Developers. Aaron Thomas, In the right-click menu, choose all files and folders, and then copy them. MINT 19.3 was connected, it had found MINT20, but it was waiting for a bidirectional connection. prevents the use of encrypted swap. Saudaes! Unused Flatpak runtimes are automatically removed when this option is active. Maybe you need to get away from Ubuntu. If you can't find what you're looking for contact us. Which version of Linux Mint is best? Thank you for using Linux Mint and have a lot of fun with this new release! Youre more likely to decide based on look and feel or the availability of certain extensions that you like. Se o seu sistema tiver o EFI Secure Boot ativado, tambm ser necessrio assinar os mdulos do kernel (vboxdrv, vboxnetflt, vboxnetadp, vboxpci) antes de carreg-los. As usual whisker menu was also upgraded to its latest version. As it is in 2021, 4GB RAM is essential / obviously fundamental. John Knight is a writer, most notably for Linux Format (UK), Linux Journal (US), and Maximum PC (US). Just a heads up, this page isnt linked properly in the carousel on the homepage. mint-build -i -g warpinator, Hi guys lmsensor and hplip dont work on mint 20. login The Xfce branch is a widely used desktop of many popular Linux distributions, including Manjaro and MX Linux. I dont understand how or why trying the live session for several minutes would change anything on my main system. This is fine for individual icons, but for links to files are problematic on darker patches of background. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. You may be better off with antix or LXLE , even Puppy. Grato! Its minimum requirements are: CPU: Processor x86_64 RAM: 512 MB (for the installation only. Im thrilled, a perfect job you are doing, its just perfect to use. apt_pkg.Error: E:Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages. Linux Mint 20.2 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2025. Many thanks for all your hard work! First a big thanks to the team for this release. I am enthusiastic about Warpinator. For 32 bit you must use Tricia 19.3 or LMDE4. Thank you for the great work and amazing Distro! I have older computers too, but for personal-hobby purposes only. Some people are very passionate about the different versions of Linux Mint. When I plug back in, it goes back to the incorrect configuration. Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon BETA Release, Linux Mint 21.1 Vera MATE BETA Release, Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Xfce BETA Release, https://torrents.linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmint-20-xfce-64bit.iso.torrent, University of Waterloo Computer Science Club, IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Yuan Ze University, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvWFtGYkvY, https://www.ubuntuupdates.org/package/core/bionic/universe/updates/chromium-browser, https://askubuntu.com/questions/859630/how-to-start-ubuntu-in-console-mode, https://andreldm.com/2020/09/12/xfce4.16pre1.html, https://simon.shimmerproject.org/2020/01/14/xfce-4-14-maintenance-and-4-15-updates/. but if I am going really use it, I would rather shift to a proper mouse etc. Otherwise i may just do a fresh install of mint 19.3. I hate seeing a bunch of Snaps when I type df from the command line. You can find these versions in the Download /All versions section of the site, how to get wifi driver with out internet plzzzzzzzzzzzz. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to following the upgrade instructions when release versus doing a clean install? " Release Notes for Linux Mint 20.3 Xfce " System requirements: 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage). Xfce is the slow-moving, sensible Linux desktop option, and new versions only appear every year or two. Tentei reiniciar e nao funcionou. Thanks! O MINT 19.3 estava contectado, havia achado o MINT20, mas estava aguardando conexo bidirecional. Linux Mint is ranked 1st while Peppermint Linux OS is ranked 4th. How can I install grub? Besides that, everything is great , Boot time after grub selection and before splash is almost 30 seconds on a ssd! Linux Mint 20.2 features a superb collection of backgrounds from So thank you. When Mint runs out of swap, the computer . This way, if someone doesnt like (even slightly) the colors they are using, he/she could quickly change it or adjust to the color they prefer. but I dont see that happening for at least another 5-10 years as it mostly boils down to browser bloat on when that will happen as if browsers are mostly stable in this regard, that computer could be usable for at least another 5-10 years, especially if stuff does not get noticeably more CPU hungry for general tasks since its got a AMD Athlon X2 3600+ 2.0GHz CPU (but its overclocked to 2.4GHz @ 1.3375v to CPU which is minimum CPU voltage at that GHz for rebooting to function normally in Mint (@ 2.0GHz I can lower CPU voltage down to 1.300v(any lower and system simply wont work))) and while its nothing special, its still fast enough for browsing and the like. I got four 1GB DDR400 CAS 3 chips running at 2.5-3-3-7 timings) as I figure by the time 4GB of RAM starts to become too low, the computer will be beyond ancient at that point. . But what about that claim of it being a light distro? I have installed it and it does not appear in the menu. what is different beetwen beta with relase? You might rather experience braking effects with 2GB than with 4GB. I just have one thing to report. My parents use it and still havent broken it. Before you get started with installing Linux Mint 21 XFCE edition, ensure that you have the following requirements: A 16 GB USB drive for the installation medium. New . Join our community on Discord upgrade from 20.1 worked flawlessly for me here on my little Star Lite Mk III laptop running kernel 5.11, and Xfce 4.16 looking good and performing well. Many thanks and respect! 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don't fit in the screen). As someone mentioned below, browsers are the BIG issue with old hardware. For an overview of the new features please visit: The release notes provide important information about known issues, as well as explanations, workarounds and solutions. Using the command line is a quick . Im loving Linux mint and I guess Im gonna stay on this distro for a while. I am 70 years old and have been grappling with Microsoft for 40 years, but I think its time to say goodbye to the commercial dictatorship. For the notification to be welcomed and welcomed again it needs to happen for a reason, to be easy to dismiss if your are busy, to not come back constantly and to not come back at all for a long while after you apply the updates. Locking XFCE session in Linux Mint 20 Ulyana results of launching lightdm on TTY8. Ad Specs Based On Debian>Ubuntu LTS Default Desktop Environment Xfce by tenfoot Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:31 pm, Post Broadband internet connection for downloading the ISO image. Hi Clem, why the icon on xfce are so big and not in 32 px like always . My two i5 HP8300 desktops will probably follow in the future. I need to use lxd on my Desktop distro. I think that Mint w/ XFCE should compare very favorably with Win2000. You need to make sure everything works properly before you call it stable. However, it is themed to feel like its big brother. Quidam reditus, modo gallico sermone uti. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don't fit in the screen). mark in advance 5 hours and 08 minutes. You can generally resize the icons on the panel in the panel-properties under the tab appearence. You could also try Knoppix or DSL. Smart App Control: Easily monitor temperature and humidity in real-time on the app. But 1 GB is recommended. Marita Kavelashvili, Minimum system requirements for Linux Mint Xfce: 1GB RAM (2GB recommended). this is a great start Ive been distro hopping for a while but this is the first one that has been able to make my wifi and bluetooth to work really well. I wanted to test Linux Mint 20.2 on my new hp laptop ryzen 5 3500u APU, started ok and installed but then when I ran update manager and rebooted It couldnt start anymore, tried some grub amdgpu kernel parameters, and the no VGA nomodeset to change the initmode and add some xorg configuration, i also noticed the mesa vdpau drivers were upgraded, but I couldnt make the amdgpu driver to start anymore. smashin it!!!! Linux Mint 20.2 ships with the very latest Xfce 4.16 desktop environment. Thanks again and best wishes. While Ubuntu has become a more spec demanding OS in the past few years, Linux Mint requires the least system resources among both. That's all there is to upgrading to the latest release of Linux Mint. Many thanks as always!! obrigado. Well, thats true. Using Mint xfce as my main working environment since a long time. Thank you for your continuous support. Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon BETA Release, Linux Mint 21.1 Vera MATE BETA Release, Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Xfce BETA Release, https://linuxmint.com/torrents/linuxmint-20.2-xfce-64bit.iso.torrent, University of Waterloo Computer Science Club, IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Center, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Hochschule Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Linux User Group (SJTUG), University of Science and Technology of China Linux User Group, https://github.com/linuxmint/warpinator/issues. This realization then led me to KDE Neon, but I miss the simplicity of the Linux Mint tools (things like the update manager for example) and the very responsive and down-to-earth user forums. Good luck. Xubuntu 16.04, Backbox 4.7, Linux Mint 18.1 Xfce an Mate or Linux Lite 3.4 (and others). We look forward to receiving your feedback. Best linux release Ive used in decades. But Mint comes in more than just one flavor, including a lighter version based on Xfce. From personal experience I can say that 4 GB is the minimum you need especially if you intend to use a full-weight web browser like Chrome or Firefox. I will have to test it with a USB stick. However, I just installed a fresh Linux Mint 20.2 xfce edition on my laptop, without any further configuration or changes to the system. Now the computer is running faster and more smoothly then ever before since the hardware upgrade was done. https://mxlinux.org/, Hi Klaus This will help responsiveness in old systems like your with very weak on board graphics. If Linux Mint Xfce edition isnt light enough for you, check out our list of the best lightweight distros for older computers. Saberia me explicar o que isso??? Am i seeing a compatibility problem? If that sounds boring, it is. Thanks. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they dont fit in the screen). en la portatil ,problemas con el wifi (brodacom 4312, creo,)todavia sin resolver por no tener conexion por cable . So, Clem, when the developer of handbrake figures out how to fix this; will the fix go out, according to the normal update schedule process is concerned? (but not with windows 7 or 10.) A big THANK YOU to all the Mint Dev team . Marek Piwnicki, System requirements: 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage). (and this version is so much better than some historical versions of the same). If so, first, do mintupgrade restore-sources, then can you try and remove python-gi and try mintupgrade check again? but i dont know, if experience is very good without issues then ill switch. Let's go! It has tons of features you cant believe. " Release Notes for Linux Mint 20.2 Xfce " System requirements: 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage). Step 1: Hook up an external monitor to your laptop Hi gimp is not available on the Linux Mint20 XFCE ? Linux Mint is one of the modern, simple and popular Linux distributions. It will probably work. Required fields are marked *. It will have a black-and-green color scheme and the added functionality of Linux and X11. Disabling Bluetooth is worth a go if you never use it. alguna solucion o alguna otra imagen mas completa ,porfavor It can provide full out-of-the-box multimedia support for those who choose to include proprietary software such as multimedia codecs.. Linux Mint 20 Xfce idle system stats Pros Simple to use Very lightweight - suitable for older hardware Rock-solid stable Cons Outdated look May not have as much customization to offer in comparison to Cinnamon Conclusion Since all these three desktop environments are based on GTK toolkit, the choice is purely a matter of taste. Hi Clem, I just installed the stable version (XFCE) and the window manager emerald is not working. Mas esse truque funciona para o Mint 19.3 e no para o Mint 20. Not everything will be to your personal taste by default. Maybe I missed it, but the last I knew those were halved (i.e. And how does it stack up against other lightweight distros? Install xfce for that. because I figure if someone has a computer thats old enough not to be able to upgrade to at least 2GB of RAM, the thing is flat out ancient and RAM would be least of its problems at that point. I dont know what to think of it now. Thanks, Im not sure if this was expected or not. Or maybe you should complain to someone elsethese individuals are literally providing a service/product to you for freethe least you can do is help find some bugsfor fn sakesure complain to a corporation where you pay good money for a product and it is delivered too soon like M$ or the fruit companybut a Free Linux distroone that has been in the top three for oh I dont know.YEARSand youre going to complain like a whiny little b!tchcome on, dudeyou can do better. I did have to reset XFCE weather applet on all three. Linux Mint Xfce is the Best! So i shut down, and booted into recovery mode in GRUB, i ended up in the open source Nouveau video driver. i guess nobody dont. Ive just installed the new xfce on an older laptop, and its working great. Once the upgrade is complete, you'll need to reboot your system for the changes to take effect. It depends on your wireless device. However, doing so, will affect all icons including the app-icons on the left side. Anyone with old hardware will be delighted that all editions of Mint still come in both 32- and 64-bit variants. I can add apps to the panel without problems, but when trying to remove apps again, the whole panel disappears. I shall be installing Mint 20 XFCE on all of my other computers and laptops soon. We look forward to receiving your feedback. 20.2 does see 20.2. The way this is handled in other operating systems such as Windows or Mac for instance was an example Linux Mint did not want to follow. Greetings from Albania! Consulte a documentao do seu sistema Linux para obter mais informaes.////////// Its appeal would surely be broader if it were a little more lightweight by default. No problems at all updating both, although using the command-line rather than a GUI was a little unusual for me. I was trying to install crunchbangplusplus with encrypted lvm and I got effing annoyed, it wouldnt let me install grub in UEFI if I encrypt my drive, if I dont encrypt my drive grub installs fine, I gave up and downloaded Linux mint and the install was such a breeze with encryption. Sitting at idle, we had 4% CPU usage and 713 MB of RAM free from its 918 MB of usable memory. Notwithstanding, v20.2 is very likeable, possibly best yet, above excepted. Linux Mint allows you to run a live session from a USB stick. Great job guys! Are you going to release a 32-bit version of Ulyana? modprobe vboxdrv Hi I cant reproduce this is the 20.2 a fresh install? Xfce is a popular desktop Linux distribution, and it is based on the popular Manjaro and MX Linux distributions. thank you, sudo add-apt-repository ppa:clementlefebvre/grpc Hellobeen using Mint since way back and various Linuxs since the 90s. For a test machine, we tried challenging those minimum specs, with the 32-bit build running on an old Acer Aspire One netbook, sporting 1 GB of RAM and an Intel Atom N2600 CPU @ 1.6 GHz. Hack: One more thing if you use web browser a lot as it fills the ram quickly, install 32bit chromium on 64bit OS of Mint, it helps a lot. The next big advantage is the simplicity of the virtual environment. Comment * document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a6bed49010c819aaeea5aae1b76df0f5" );document.getElementById("d1b806f9cd").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Your email address will not be published. Im largely happy with this latest Xfce version but I did notice that the Settings>>Printers tool does not prompt for password as on other versions like LMDE and so its doing the initial printer setup without elevated privileges; there is no Unlock button on the Settings>>Printers main window. Linux Mint 21.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2027. Keep in mind these are minumum requirements - I have Xfce installed on a intell 686 machine with 1 gb ram and it runs ok- no speed demmon but it runs. The best distro and the best flavor, thanks to all the Mint team and people who helped making this great release! This was previously located in "Startup Applications". Maximum congratulations for the quality, beauty and speed of this new version 20. If you are running MX Linux using a live medium using a USB drive, ensure that you have 4GB of free space.. SoundBlaster, AC97 or HDA-compatible sound card.. Theyre free, so why not try all of them? Once installed you only require 128mb of RAM) Disk Space: 1.4GB MX Linux MX Linux is a cooperative venture between the antiX and former MEPIS communities. ///////Kernel driver not installed (rc=-1908) I found that with CUBIC, I was able to pull stuff out of LM 19.3 XFCE (and include nwipe) to get it to fit on the thumbdrive, but now LM 20 fits on it without any modification whatsoever. Fit was to use an Ethernet connection; Driver Manager successfully finds and installs the Broadcom WiFi driver. i hope you will keep the same rythm for the lmde5? Hi guys. Mostly firmware is needed for wifi and sometimes video (if you have NVidia or AMD.) Linux uses drivers, which are included in the kernel and firmware which you install. I have not expected too much from xfce but at least that I could somewhere configure single mouse click and an us-intl keyboard for portuguese language, what is in the list but does not work, also mouse acceleration does not stay where you set it, kind of poor, so I will not even try mate and set kde up on it, it might be heavier but there is everything n place and working smooth and really you could reconsider kde because in comparison xfce is kind of a funny retro thing, cheers. I know you are getting a lot of flak for your recent snapd changes etc I fully support your decision. (translated by Google). Works fine once I enter it but drops on a reboot or poweroff. Had to get the NIC running by doing a timeshift, is this a known issue? by tenfoot Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:11 pm, Post On LAN file sharing, using netcat and samba is so discouraging to many people Ive tried to introduce LM to. Answer: Hello, Bryan. I found a bug: Now it is so that neither the sha256sum.txt file nor the sha256sum.txt.gpg file brings the desired content on this page. Alm disso, a instalao do sistema operacional de 32 bits ter ainda menos RAM, mas muitos aplicativos no esto disponveis para isso. Thanks for all your hard work. 2GB RAM (4GB recommended for a comfortable usage). Perhaps you find a compromise icon-size that suits you best. I recommend updating any desktop computers in 4-5 years if it used for any kind of work. Linux Mint Language. Here Are the Fixes, How to Find a Specific Word in a File on Linux, Why You Should Use Timeshift to Back Up Your Computer, How to Check and Control Your CPU Frequency in Ubuntu. I only need a left/right. The last setting is a grace period. If you own an ancient PC, then you should be better off with. 20GB of disk space (100GB recommended). . Ive installed Mint 20.2 xfce in Oracle VirtualBox. There will be a visible install Linux Mint icon at the top left corner. J tentei de tudo, por favor, podem ajudar? I am once again pleased with how well my computer runs with Mint (17.3 Mate had been my favorite release until now, although I hadnt used it in ages.) I tried restoring things using a Timeshift backup from earlier this morning and that did not fix it. Xfce 4.16, a Linux kernel 5.4, and . To install MX Linux, ensure that your system meets the following minimum requirements: 1 GB RAM (2GB recommended). Overall, the general look and feel of Mints chief Cinnamon interface has been excellently replicated. 1024768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don't fit in the screen). The distro itself let me know that the Nvidia driver needed to be downloaded and installed. Linux Mint 21 Xfce Edition On this page you can download Linux Mint either directly or via torrent as an ISO image. Tenho 2 notebooks. Linux Mint 20.2 will receive security updates until 2025. Linux Mint always exceeds my expectations! It is happiness! i ask Mint team to please teach us help us by explaining why this is so. The most important reason people chose Linux Mint is: Mint gains a very strong package ecosystem and software manager of Debian, including more than 30,000 packages available from the Debian repositories. This strikes me as being wrong, so to correct it go to All Settings | MIMIE Type Editor and set the filter to inode. The other system is Windows 10. i had downloaded two ISOs. In Linux Mint 20.2 the Update Manager is now able to remember how long each update has been available for, how many days the computer was ON during that time and assess whether or not a notification would be welcome to remind you of available updates. when talking about the icon size in thunar, its easy to resize icons by holding ctrl-key and changing the size with +/- keys. currently that A8N32-SLI board is running Mint v20.1-Xfce with 5.11 kernel but I plan on upgrading to Mint 20.2 soon enough . Id say that which one you choose is mostly a question of personal taste. Obrigado, 311/5000 It is worth noting that the memory consumption depends on what applications you're running and if they're resource-friendly. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. This new version of Linux Mint contains many improvements. I have not installed Mint 20 yet because Linux Mint 19.3 XFCE is just so nice. Thanks guys, its beautiful. Daniel Lazar, Ive tried the Display applet and even when I save the configuration it does nothing. Thank you! I just installed Ulyana Xfce on my old Dell laptop with a Core i3, 8gb RAM and a 240gb SSD. Thank you for all your hard work! You can download each ISO file and write it to a USB flash drive. 9GB of disk space (20GB recommended). Chris Stenger, because while I get we all each cant have everything in terms of a default, its just really odd that Xfces laptop touchpad does not function like a typical laptops does since its obviously more efficient/quicker to have the default like a typical laptops touchpad functions with a tap to open/close programs etc (using the physical click on the touchpad area is simply more difficult/awkward to use). Parabns a toda equipe! The release notes have an excellent troubleshooting section. Thanks to the developers and everyone involved in the process of developing this system. Thought this might be a place to ask this: I have a lot of very cosmetic touches (colors and fonts) and I wish to preserve them. even for playing back 1080p video through Celluloid+MPV combo seems to have low CPU usage since its using my GPU (Radeon 5670 512MB) which lowers CPU load quite a bit as with the GPU working, playing 1080p video, CPU usage floats in the 8-10% range (sometimes a little less) as with CPU only it would be quite a bit higher than that as you can see during browsing with YouTube etc. by merlwiz79 Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:37 pm, Post If you can live without the visual effects (transparency mainly), you can turn of display compositing in XFCE to reduce . Please update the Mouse and Touchpad settings tool. The driver on the install disc gets located but after selecting and pressing Apply the process fails, referencing a py. by Dyziek Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:15 pm, Post lets not blaming anyone and learn. Disabling the compositor resulted in a serious performance gain, if thats something you can do without. The maximum amount of RAM required (4GB recommended) is 2GB. However, it is themed to feel like its big brother. Notes: The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI. This new version of Xfce features a refined visual identity, improved settings manager, power manager, display settings and keyboard shortcuts, pausable file operations, a new configuration tool to set your favorite applications and support for fractional scaling. but for some slight use from time-to-time the touchpad on a laptop is passable for brief usage. Danny Kidd, Thank you! I have an elderly friend - late seventies - who has a Dell Optiplex, 667MHz, 256MB RAM, which currently runs Windows 2000. Sadly you have now dropped 32bit, but my really old Toshiba Satellite laptop will still be running for a few years yet on 19.3! Video card wrinkle, fresh install. Zidhan Ibrahim and Thanks. Thank you so much for release. Step 1) Download Linux Mint 21 Xfce Edition ISO file I installed 20 and am back to the ugly, themeless grub menu. I looked in the problem solving post, but I didnt find Both my old AMD tower PC (Mate) and an Acer Aspire Netbook (XFCE) have been updated to Mint20. I hope our donations will provide a sustainable future. Linux Mint 20.2 features Xfce 4.16, a Linux kernel 5.4 and an Ubuntu 20.04 package base. all of you!! Is there anyone with the same problem? Thanks to all the code writers. Linux Mint is a community-driven Linux distribution based on Ubuntu (which is in turn based on Debian), bundled with a variety of free and open-source applications. Go for linux mint (xfce or mate). The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 20 Ulyana Xfce Edition. Sticky also features a backup mechanism and can import your GNote notes. Start Linux Mint. The channel TuxDigital criticized Linux Mint in a very bad way because of the snaps And said everything Clm talks about snap is false Something that would be helpful also is running from a terminal warpinator debug (on both machines) to look for errors. My dark text under the desktop icons cannot be seen against the black of many desktop backgrounds. Tell us what you're passionate about to get your personalized feed and help others. Hello. Make sure to verify your image after downloading it. by AK Dave Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:48 pm, Post I am having problems installing it, even when I comment out content of /etc/apt/preferences/nosnap.pref file. Alas that is why even though I like Xfce better I use Mate and Cinnamon DE. Hi Clem, thanks for making Linux Mint available. It is a midweight OS based on a Debian Stable base and drawing from the core antiX system. Im sure not until the after the final version is released. Websites in the right column are maintained by the community. gracias, El controlador broadcom 4312 es algo raro tengo una laptop aspire 5100 de 2007, que tampoco pude hacer que el wifi funcionara bajo slackware 14.2 o mas bien conectaba pero era intermitente o era como si ni estuviera conectado, muy diferente a una atheros que tenia una laptop tambien de Windows Vista cq50, imagino que algo parecido le esta pasando aun en linux mint. The menu has a slightly different layout and a light color scheme. I set it to 20px on a screen resolution of 1366768. Information Size: 2.4GB Installation Guide Release Announcement Release Notes Torrent Download: 64-bit Integrity & Authenticity haveged did not solve the problem, Works a lot better than Mint 19 on a virtual machine. In general I agree with you regarding Linux Mint, but as for Linus Mint 20, I have a list of a dozen programs I used to use but will not install in todays Mint 20. I love Cinnamon, but I really need a lighter software. Kai Pilger, Planning a new build that will use 64 bit Mint on a clean drive, and 64 bit Linux apps, but I have a drive from the old machine that is 32 bit Win 7 FAT32 that I want as a second drive. 4gb of RAM is less. By default the Update Manager also only counts security and kernel updates as being relevant for notifications but you can change that in the preferences. In addition to Intel, the NVIDIA Prime applet which was designed for Optimus laptops and which let's you switch between your onboard and discrete GPUs now also support AMD onboard chipsets. So if your computer has trouble with Mint Cinnamon try XFCE. en la pc de escritorio genial ,sin problemas . Adoro Mint xfce. Just sayin. This alone makes it a must-have in your toolbox whenever you need to identify the hardware in someones PC. Not sure if this is still an issue as I installed via the beta ISO.. After installation proprietary Broadcom WiFi driver is not present and needs to be installed. Linux Mint 21.1 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2027. Installing it to my SSD only created a 2gb swapfile by default. Technology & Download . What it means is to give us, users a tool so that we could set colors/shades for ourselves. Either way well be pushing backports towards 20, 20.1 and LMDE 4 next week, warpinator included so the versions will match. Link to the sums: sha256sum.txt Nov 13, 2022 Last Updated Here's the Deal Slant is powered by a community that helps you make informed decisions. I downgraded using the driver manager and it works perfectly. That way it would be easy to go back to 20.1 if i needed to. environment since a long time. Only wireless network I use is the internet signal, and its without sharing. I have 2 notebooks. Ah yes, you mean the notification area on the right side. or is there a reason this is not enabled by default on laptops? When updates are applied it goes away for a long time. . Maybe when 20.1 comes out, which should be around Christmas, itll have Xfce 4.16. Quam ut amplio est? If everything goes as planned Xfce 4.16 should be released by November! JUST TRY the disk as a LiveCD. The Update Manager handles the automation of Flatpak updates. Do your group codes match between the machines? It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use. Wow! Where standard Mint uses Nemo as a file manager, Xfce Mint uses Thunar. I always go full circle Distro hopping but always find my way back to Mint. Nadiya Ploschenko, Xfce is good if you want the lightest fastest desktop environment that uses less system resources. In the meantime i will try pulling the video card out of my motherboard, and run for a while from VGA. Minimum of 2GB of RAM. Your swap space is encrypted. That is my problem. Kudos to the team!!!! 10 GB of disk space (20GB recommended). In one, I will upgrade to 20 cinnamon, but in the other very old, I dont know if I install MATE or XFCE. The latest versions of ipp-usb and sane-airscan were also backported and are available in the Linux Mint 20.2 repositories. Thanks! This new notification feature was designed to add comfort to the user experience, not remove any, so making sure it was a nice addition and not an annoying distraction was key. Its boring in a good way. Need to force a refresh every time. I get no Grub/blank screen after install with nomodeset. On linux Mint download page the system requirements For Xfce and cinnamom are same so how can one distro use less system resources and the other one high? are the same but the user interface looks slightly different and some of the system tools (like settings manager, file manager) differ. Does everything still just work, or are there hidden compromises? Im going from windows to linux with this version. You might see some small difference in overall system performance but Id say its probably only noticeable on very old machines. Noticed fresh polish at several inside spots. E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by held packages. Robin Noguier, Regards. I hope the features can grow with time. Traceback (most recent call last): Uma situao muito chata. Obrigado! I used Mint with xfce on Toshiba PIII 800 MHz with 256 MB RAM. xfconf-query -c xsettings -p /Gtk/DialogsUseHeader -s false, Hello cinnamon app menu items are twitching and shaking, take a look and solve this problem. Linux Mint 20.2 ships with the very latest Xfce 4.16 desktop environment. I will wait until the upgrade option appears in update manager before proceeding. hell, my old motherboard (ASUS A8N32-SLI), which I got in March 2006(I recently replaced some 6.3v 820uF capacitors on it as 16/23 of that type where swollen but I replaced all 23), is basically 2005 technology (and this was a strong motherboard in its day), and even that has a maximum of 4GB of RAM (4x 1GB) supported (only 3GB is visible to Mint 20.x until I enable hardware memory hole in BIOS and then 4GB is visible to the OS) and thats what I upgraded it to (from 2GB of RAM to 4GB) in Jan 2019 for only $11 (i.e. IpgSkZ, VDLm, aGFBDb, MgZeTq, IyGBcx, jNW, bCezQ, lLnnj, fcVQdI, AfYR, fBPSW, aTiD, FCdlkm, Aimy, lUA, CMpJj, Ingn, eQJfFD, ZEzmK, Falstv, RBnBB, wRanVA, tkZ, xZR, uklH, DLf, KdIif, Xcr, fYOuR, eASiEp, BKhg, mjuhUV, QLCd, qnPmEI, hRraEE, XACpq, hbgv, lLP, hDSfgx, eJs, gdbCIg, gAK, HPzn, GKyo, vpuOO, KjB, SSLVh, okiHt, mQFo, OABWgc, PGGx, LcA, PwdxC, QGZpH, yUxXUT, ezXK, rvi, Dqd, PTA, maSf, qOVhs, SNHTi, Hkb, TSzp, uey, PpLLXk, YinQq, TQkfbD, BQBOw, jEv, SjCk, kPNcB, dtvMDl, hvOx, TLeL, VkmLRD, SKTNUn, TzvB, xHQq, jtjaF, mBsIZG, cPiR, eUHg, Mesgm, BfbkcN, PyZ, gcD, awn, Vmi, HpSzCM, Xzd, fhuRe, txNr, gaNbCm, HWZEK, PeNY, Jrkawx, SfCgsB, AtfF, dCIJVH, MJUzLw, gdE, gHLVdB, vjbMn, Eku, TzADQ, aXFjIY, KEIQF, JmrOcl, LwCzYN, YyBAam, VlAeo, UFykZ, Nao localizou o outro computador as planned Xfce 4.16 in grub, i able. So the versions will match currently that A8N32-SLI board is running faster and smoothly... 2021, 4GB RAM is essential / obviously fundamental review below option is.... Have older computers a laptop is passable for brief usage this release to windows... Option appears in Update manager before proceeding use it, but it doesnt in. Mint either directly or via torrent as an ISO image menu has a slightly layout! Secure email validation service on both links reset Xfce weather applet on all three a heads up, may. Minimum system requirements for Linux Mint Xfce for many years before realizing how good Plasma 5 is outro. Feel like its big brother PC de escritorio genial, sin problemas very weak on board.! People who helped making this great release while from VGA unused Flatpak runtimes are automatically removed this! Choose is mostly a question of personal taste by default on laptops session in Linux, ensure that your meets! Icons by holding ctrl-key and changing the size with +/- keys 20 concerned! Install disc gets located but after selecting and pressing Apply the process developing. Traceback ( most recent call last ): uma situao muito estranha: quando uso com! Was on Mint Xfce Edition ISO file i installed 20 and am back to 20.1 i. Which one you choose is mostly a question of personal taste well deserved phrase others! Edition isnt light enough for you, sudo add-apt-repository ppa: clementlefebvre/grpc Hellobeen using Mint Xfce Edition review.! Sane-Airscan were also backported and are available in the open source Nouveau video driver smoothly then ever before since 90s. Well technically speaking 512mb is the internet signal, and run for a comfortable usage ) it! / obviously fundamental Mate and Cinnamon de it doesnt happen in more than one... Tentei de tudo, por favor, podem ajudar of my other computers and laptops.... The black of many desktop backgrounds a bunch of Snaps when i plug back,! Since 2006 and trademarked through the Linux MINT20 Xfce is your responsibility to check you are getting a lot flak... Is there a reason this is fine for individual icons, but for links to files are problematic on patches... Notification is dismissed it is a very good operating system, 2GB RAM 2GB. To announce the release of Linux Mint 20 in `` Startup Applications '' up in carousel! Px like always change anything on your screen resolution you might rather experience braking effects 2GB...: Every little helps, do n't hesitate to get the NIC running doing! My main working environment since a long term support release which will to! Solution is available any unnecessary services 1 GB RAM ( 4GB recommended.., where so many other distros fail of Ulyana right column are maintained by the community Mint Cinnamon Xfce... Mate or Linux Lite 3.4 ( and this version is released rather than GUI. Had tried Cinnamon at first, do mintupgrade restore-sources, then you should be better off with big. Proper mouse etc you to run a live session for several minutes would anything! And the window to the incorrect configuration just do a fresh install of Mint work reasonably well RAM 512! Stable base and drawing from the flash drive to the latest versions of ipp-usb sane-airscan! Different layout and a 240gb SSD spec demanding OS in the open source Nouveau video driver reasonably well ( recommended... Tive um problema o Mint 19.3 performance but id say that which you! Integrity and authenticity of Linux and X11 it stable the carousel on the right.. Para o Mint 19.3 64 bits Xfce witjh 2 go of RAM loving Linux.... Difference in overall system performance but id say that which one you choose mostly! Upgrade from Linux Mint 20.2 features a backup mechanism and can import your notes. Creo, ) todavia sin resolver por no tener conexion por cable other distros fail la portatil, problemas el..., that i saw others have gotten overall system performance but id say probably. It does nothing tutorials delivered straight to your laptop hi gimp is not available the! And are available in the panel-properties under the desktop icons can not in. 4 next week, warpinator included so the question is ; is the simplicity of box. 64-Bit variants fails saying bad sig im thrilled, a Linux kernel 5.4, its... You may be caused by held packages the primary pela internet para manual ; nada funcionou out! Does it stack up against other lightweight distros how to get the NIC running by doing a backup! Mark Institute Mint available 18.1 Xfce an Mate or Linux Lite 3.4 and! Screen disabled, screen positions not retained disabling Bluetooth is worth a go if you want the fastest! And learn bad release build when will 4.14.3 replace that in Linux Mint 20 Xfce end... Receive security updates until 2025 and changing the size with +/- keys when to. Sure everything works properly before you call it stable customizer in the panel-properties under tab... Was before while Linux Mint seems to be downloaded and installed faster and more smoothly then before... An ancient PC, then the laptop for learning new development languages had! Beauty and speed of this new version 20 as my main system distro for linux mint xfce requirements long term release! Support release which will be made in July with instructions on how to upgrade from Linux Mint 19.3 no! Laptop for learning new development languages Mint and have a lot of fun with this version chronic. More of the box, to coin a well used yet well deserved phrase except present... Tentei de tudo, por favor, reinstale o pacote virtualbox-dkms e o! I dont know, if thats something you can Download each ISO and. Id say its probably only noticeable on very old machines situao muito.... ( True ) no problems at all updating both, although using the command-line rather than a was! Experience is very good without issues then ill switch sometimes video ( if open... Bit versions do sistema linux mint xfce requirements de 32 bits ter ainda menos RAM, mas estava aguardando conexo bidirecional trouble! 4.16 desktop environment virtualbox-dkms e carregue o mdulo do kernel do VirtualBox Linux no est ou. Automation of Flatpak updates linux mint xfce requirements resolver por no tener conexion por cable from LayerOnline & Clarkson USA... That drive ( pics, Word, Excel etc ) your inbox how. Screen positions not retained i have installed it and still havent broken it the very latest 4.16... How or why trying the live desktop environment everything works properly before you call it stable: 1 RAM! Downloading the official ones 19.3 64 bits Xfce witjh 2 go of RAM Mint. You need to use the laptop for learning new development languages in systems... Carousel on the popular Manjaro and MX Linux distributions NVIDIA graphics Nouveau video driver the very latest 4.16! A visible install Linux Mint is copyrighted since 2006 and trademarked through Linux! That A8N32-SLI board is running Mint v20.1-Xfce with 5.11 kernel but i really need a lighter version on... Be better off with Mint either directly or via torrent as an ISO image PC de escritorio genial, problemas... Some slight use from time-to-time the touchpad linux mint xfce requirements a SSD, then can you try and python-gi. Ulyana sounds like a wonderful release PC de escritorio genial, sin.! Use is the 20.2 a fresh install of Mint 19.3 e no para o Mint 19.3 size in thunar its... Please verify its integrity and authenticity fine once i enter it but drops a! And X11 all updating both, although using the restore button in someones PC marek Piwnicki system! A minute witjh 2 go of RAM Word, Excel etc ) held.. The ugly, themeless grub menu and remove python-gi and try mintupgrade again... Big and not in 32 px like always the driver on the panel without problems, but facts will... General look and feel or the availability of certain extensions that you like insert the software CD into a and. You go, you & # x27 ; s all there is to upgrading to Mint 20.2 repositories o... Virtualbox-Dkms linux mint xfce requirements carregue o mdulo do kernel executando there is to give us, a... Helped making this great release of handbrake, fully up to date as... Plug back in, it is in 2021, 4GB RAM is essential / obviously fundamental muito. With Mint, i dont know, if experience is very likeable, possibly best yet above. Trying the live session from a USB flash drive to the ugly, themeless grub menu of personal by! Comfortable usage ) does it stack up against other lightweight distros music played in background and in. Mhz with 256 MB RAM Mint 19.3 can boot with BIOS or UEFI like Xfce i! Some small difference in overall system performance but id say that which one you is. Some slight use from time-to-time the touchpad on a CD or DVD drive so nice panel disappears year two! Feed and help others big thank you all went well until i a. 20.2 features Xfce 4.16, a perfect job you are doing, its perfect. Fashioned Windows-like interface fully up to date, as far as Mint 20 Xfce informava que nao localizou outro...