Whether youre trying to lose weight, gain muscle, or even just, you know, stay alive, your body needs protein. Prep Time: 2 minutes. You also want to use frozen bananas here too. WOW! But if youd rather not have to ransack your kids trick-or-treat bags or sneak one into your grocery cart in the check-out line to get your fix, you can always give this recipe a try. You may have to scrape the sides a few times in order to get everything properly mixed. Were so glad you enjoyed the smoothie. Add a little spice to your smoothie. Have you ever wondered what vanilla extract actually does? I cut up my bananas before freezing to make the blending process easier. Frozen banana chunks. MethodBlend each ingredient separately in a blender until completely smooth and creamy. Blend the following in a high-speed blender until smooth: Non-dairy milk. That's a big difference! Here's what you need: 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Vanilla or plain Greek yogurt both work well here. Taste and adjust the sweetness by adding maple syrup or stevia drops. 1 large banana (sliced, frozen)3 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)6 oz Greek Yogurt (flavored or unflavored) cup skim milk (or your favorite kind of milk or milk substitute)1 tbsp honey, maple syrup, or agave1 tbsp peanut butterChocolate syrup (optional). Your smoothie will be frostier if you use this technique. You will not be subscribed to our newsletter list. A gold standard for a powerful breakfast. Tips One pro tip for banana smoothies is to freeze the banana chunks in advance. Every other day I make a shake with a soy powder. Love that idea. Thank You. Speaking of unusual peanut butter associations, have you ever tried peanut butter with peaches? Kim, my husband and I both love smoothies and these sound great!! Relax, it will not alter the taste of your smoothie at all! Step 3:Serve and enjoy! ), Vibrant Mango Beet Smoothie (Antioxidant-Packed! Combine banana with remaining ingredients in a blender. Jamba Juice Peanut Butter Mood Recipe. Add ingredients- place all ingredients into the blender container. This is my favorite recipe, its simply delicious! Add 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk or whole milk, 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, any of the optional ingredients (if desired), and the frozen banana pieces to a blender. Thats just one pro tip for making the best smoothie possible! This chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie has 250 calories, 36 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of fiber, 17 grams of protein and 6 grams of fat. This Peanut Butter Banana Spinach Smoothie is creamy, satisfying, and perfectly sweet. Save Review Prep Time: 5 mins Total Time: 5 mins Servings: 8 oz servings Cook Mode Prevent your screen from going dark Ingredients 1 cup milk 2 cups baby spinach 2 frozen bananas Need a non-dairy option? 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. Blend until the smoothie is frothy and smooth with ice completely blended. I love your recipes; I am on a constant diet to monitor both my sugar and salt intake. 1-2 Tbl collagen peptides optional. Here are the ingredients you will need for this peanut butter banana smoothie. Ginger has healthful benefits too: it helps fight infection and inflammation. Bananas are a good source of dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. 2 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter A few dashes cinnamon 2 ice cubes Method Blend smoothie and serve: Add 1 cup whole milk, banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, and ice to a blender carafe. Add any extras and enjoy! But if you need an extra boost in your banana smoothie after a workout, add a to 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder . The recipe is built on 3 little ingredients you likely have in your pantry right now. This looks absolutely divine but it contains ALL the fat I eat in an entire day. This recipe although well leave it to you to decide whether or not this really is the ultimate peanut butter smoothie, were willing to go on record as saying that its certainly one of our favorites. Try some fresh apple, grape, or orange juice for a more interesting flavor! Its a common misconception that bananas are the only fruit that should be in a peanut butter protein smoothie, but blueberries are one that shouldnt be forgotten. Another doozy is that foods high in protein just dont taste good. But even though this match up may not be common, we can assure you that the result is delicious. Your children will be able to make this peanut butter smoothie bowl with you! A smoothie with just three ingredients? xo. cup almond milk or other milk alternative (unsweetened)1 scoop of protein powder (chocolate or vanilla flavored)2 tbsp of peanut butter (all-natural)1 handful of fresh baby spinach1 medium sized ripened banana cup water cup ice cubes. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Thank you for sharing! You cant beat miniature peanut butter cups. Serves 1. Step 1:Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Combine milk, Greek yogurt, banana, nut butter and vanilla in a blender. Serve. 1/4 tsp cinnamon. 4 ripe bananas (small, frozen, chopped)1 cup peaches (chopped, frozen)23 ice cubes (chopped) cup + 2 tbsp peanut butter (reduced fat)1 tsp vanilla1 dash cinnamon1 dash nutmeg. My 14-year-olds both loved it too and think it would make a good after school snack (maybe split between them). Frozen fruits just blend better than fresh ones. Ice Cubes This one is also optional. Then there's no need to add any extra sugar because of its natural sweetness. Taste the smoothie, adding more milk if it is too thick or adding more sweetener if it's not sweet enough for you. Pour into 1 or 2 glasses and serve topped with chocolate chips, if using. No added sugar. Start by adding the frozen banana to your blender. Other ingredients that are consisted of in green smoothies to improve the taste are almonds, cashews, and walnuts. Well, four if you count the dash of cinnamon. Were so glad you enjoyed it, Laura! But this one, made with all of the add ins, keeps me going. Having all the ingredients and knowing what is going into my body. xo. And with 15 grammes of protein in each serving, this creamy smoothie will keep you full until lunch. Since bananas are packed with fiber (among other amazing nutrients), your smoothie will be filling, without being too high in calories. I can not thank you enough for all that you are doing. Texture/flavor is best when fresh. Lets do this! This easy peasy, 5-minute peanut butter banana smoothie recipe makes the thickest, most decadent smoothie youll ever have. So glad you enjoyed this smoothie, Jennifer! Simply add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Peanut butter is a great source of protein, which helps keep you feeling fuller longer. Add ice and frozen yogurt, and blend until smooth. It also provides 20% of the daily value for calcium, 6% of the daily value for vitamin D and 10% of the daily value for potassium. A common excuse for not getting enough protein is the high cost of protein-rich foods and the time it takes to prepare them. This recipe, which requires a blender, makes one medium (about 12-ounces) or two small (about 6-ounce) smoothies. Its creamy, deliciously nutty, and just so simple. Its similar to salt, it enhances all the other flavors in the recipe. Blend until completely smooth and combined. 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter. We are compensated for referring traffic. If you need a little more liquid, add it just 1 tablespoon at a time so the smoothie with have a thick, milkshake-like texture. It's so refreshing and delicious. Rolled oats provide plenty of fiber and whole grain goodness, including phosphorous, magnesium, zinc, and even a little protein. In the mood for a few handfuls of something sweet? Instructions. Need help? My son loves them too and I add some raw cocoa powder in them for him. When its smoothie time, add it to the blender. Still, where do I sign up? Half an inch of fresh ginger will enhance its flavor. Im sure every single one is packed with promise, but sometimes a girl just wants whats familiar (say a straight up Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie this like one). Honey This is totally optional, especially if you are using super ripe bananas. Love it! As far as were concerned, theres nothing wrong with that. Blend until smooth. I need to try this! Arrange the pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and freeze until solid (at least 2 hours). Apart from the added nutrition, Greek yogurt also gives your smoothie a hint of tanginess. So glad you enjoyed this, Leah. Bananas are high in sugar. 2 cups whole milk yogurt preferably grassfed and organic. We tend to keep a list in our heads of what kinds of foods go well with other kinds of foods. Check at your supermarket in the bulk foods section to see if they have the option of grinding your own fresh nut butter. Watch my original recipe here https://youtu.be/rRaNmKF3RuEIt will aid you in weight loss. Enjoy immediately. Peanut Butter Star number two! Enjoy this nutritious peanut butter banana smoothie to start your day. Peanut butter on a piece of whole-grain toast will fill you up and give you a nice boost of protein to boot. Katie is a culinary dietitian with a master's degree in clinical nutrition. Garnishes and optional ingredients are not included. All of your recipes are so good and I always know they are full of REAL ingredients. *Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with the lesser amounts of almond milk and peanut butter and without optional ingredients. Nutrition But what about some of the foods we dont normally associate? For those with a food intolerance to bananas, Im wondering if you (or your readers) have any substitution ideas. Add the peanut butter, greens, and ice cubes. I thought that rolled oats needed to be cooked. Blend until smooth, adding more milk to thin, if necessary. Thanks so much for the great review, Amanda! Instructions. They wont be as sweet, though, so you will need to add more sweeteners to your smoothie. xoxo. 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder. Ingredients. Blend until smooth. Peanut butter is 25% protein and is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients too, making it a wonderful ingredient to a healthy breakfast drink. Thats right, Brianne atCupcakesandkalechips.comhas created a delicious smoothie that combines the flavors of the sandwich that you love, with the ease and health benefits of a green smoothie (even though the color of the resultant mixture is certainly not green). You can solve this problem by trying your hand at creating the Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein shake. It provides the liquid to get this thing blendin! 2 cups milk (can use almond milk and can also substitute cup of greek yogurt for some of the milk) 1/2 cup peanut butter. Serve immediately with a drizzle of drippy peanut butter on top. I also like to add a few dashes of cinnamon for good measure. Ive been looking into smoothies as a quick and fun way of getting my daily dose of veg and fruit and was pleasantly surprised with this recipe. Place bananas, skim milk, and yogurt in a blender. Were so glad you enjoyed it, Bev! Look, we understand. Add the ingredients to your blender, starting with cup of water or milk. I have read and agree to the terms & conditions. Start the blender on low and gradually increase to high. 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Thanks Dana! To make peanut butter and banana smoothie packs: Simply place all the ingredients, except the milk, inside of a plastic or a reusable bag and freeze until ready to use, up to one month. Required fields are marked *. Thanks in advance . I made the recipe exactly as written, with 1 cup almond milk and added 1 tbsp hemp seeds. How to make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie. Blend. The perfect satisfying breakfast or snack, with just 5 minutes and 4 ingredients required! Blend on high speed until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed, 30 to 60 seconds. This recipe,which requires a blender, makes one medium (about 12-ounces) or two small (about 6-ounce) smoothies. the peanut butter banana smoothie, I already prep the fruit, but I have other ingredients to get so its on for Friday, I enjoy the smoothies a lot. Doesnt matter what brand you use, but I prefer Smuckers and 365. Any nut butter will do! At Daily Harvest, we do things better. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. This recipe is sure to satisfy! Let frozen banana stand for five minutes to partially thaw. Thats why its crucial to use frozen bananas, because it will make your smoothie cold without needing ice. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie | a healthy milkshake! Pour into a glass and enjoy! The riper, the better. Blend until smooth. Ill try it with the powder. It's so easy to make and will make your kids swoon over this chocolate peanut butter banana smoothie. This way youll know its only nuts, without additives and preservatives. Enjoy the magical flavor combination while still getting the benefits of a peanut butter protein shake. Do you have the calorie counts for them or know where I can get them? Kids need fiber to stay regular, and smoothies are such an easy way to get it in each day. I was surprised that you didnt use oat milk instead of rolled oats. Hi, This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is thick, creamy, and a great energy booster! Its creamy, satisfying, and surprisingly filling too. Looking for a quick post work-out snack thats low in calories and high in protein? Let us know if you try it! I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! I was skeptical at first but tried it and immediately saved the recipe! All thats required is frozen banana, rolled oats, peanut butter, and your milk of choice (we like almond). You can also, Chocolate Protein Shake (Protein Powder-Free! To make this peanut butter banana protein shake recipe, simply: Add all of the ingredients - milk, banana, peanut butter, protein powder, ice, honey, and vanilla extract - to a blender. Ingredients 5-6 oz greek yogurt (vanilla or berry flavored) 1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice OR cup frozen berries and half of a banana (cut into chunks) 1 Tbsp peanut butter or 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter OR peanut flour - cup milk (of your choice) Handful of leafy greens (baby spinach, kale, etc.) We are sorry that this post was not useful for you! How to Make Peanut Butter and Banana Smoothie Add ingredients to blender and blend. Bananas are one of my favourite fruits. Since bananas are packed with fiber (among other amazing nutrients), your smoothie will be filling, without being too high in calories. Ingredients. 2x. Hi Jen, that should work, it just wont be as rich. Bananas - to give the smoothie bowl a rich flavor and thick texture, you'll need 2 frozen, sliced bananas. You know that you should always start your day with a nutritious breakfast, but once youve hit that snooze button for the fifth time and hauled yourself out of the warmth of your bed, you dont always have time to prepare a meal on your way out the door. 1 cup low-fat milk. Prep Time 5 mins Cook Time 0 mins Course: Breakfast, Drinks Cuisine: American Diet: Gluten Free Keyword: banana, green smoothie, peanut butter, spinach Bananas will keep well for several months in the freezer when properly sealed. I also usually add in some flax seed and/or chia seeds nowadays, but do what you wish. You wont even taste it. Ingredients1 cup of low-fat or fat-free milkBanana slices, half a cup, frozenPeanut butter, 1 tablespoon1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, groundVanilla extract, half a teaspoonenticing cocoa powder (optional). Turn on the blender and puree until smooth. 5 from 5 reviews. Peanut butter cups are one of the most popular treats in the United States. Sweet bananas and nutty peanut butter blended in one rich and creamy drink? Next time, would you mind leaving a star rating with your review? Eat chocolate all day with our bundle featuring 1 Chocolate + Blueberry Smoothie, 1 cup of Banana + Cacao Bites (7 pieces), and 1 pint of dairy-free Cold Brew + Roasted Espresso Bean Chip Scoops. 2 Tbsp old fashioned oats. 40G of fat in one drink/meal is a ton! It's important to use frozen bananas to get that perfect smoothie texture. Instead to add creaminess, we use an avocado. Place all of the ingredients in a blender in the order listed: almond milk, banana, peanut butter, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and any extra mix-ins. When you are ready to use it, simply dump the ingredients from the bag, add in the milk and blend it. A light yet filling instant peanut butter and banana smoothie, perfect for mornings or afternoons where you need to eat and go. Yay! Super duper easy. Will definitely make this again. ; Peanut Butter - 2 tablespoons of peanut butter give just enough nutty flavor to balance out the banana. The recipe below is the basics of a creamy peanut butter banana smoothie, but feel free to make a few adjustments to make it your own. Well, this one has chocolate in it so we arent accepting that reason. Here are a few more tips and tricks for making better smoothies. Were so glad you enjoy it, Kennie! I love that its inexpensive, thick and creamy, and uses ingredients I always have on hand. Peanut butter adds a delicious peanut flavor plus protein! I think youre going to love it. Tips for Success Ive always wanted to make a peanut butter smoothie, and for some reason today was the day I stumbled on your recipe. I added all of the add-ins (spinach, hemp seeds, honey [and a date lol], cinnamon) and needed a little more almond milk, so prob used about 1 1/4c it turned out really good! Video Notes Were so glad to hear it, Jeanene! Pour into glasses, serve, and enjoy! Step 2: Blend until smooth. It is really good and creamy! UltimateBananaPeanut Butter Smoothie, Best Meal Plan For Muscle Gain And Fat Loss, Best Supplement For Weight Loss And Muscle Gain, 1largefresh or frozen ripebanana, cut into chunks, 2tablespoonspeanut butter,preferably natural, 1/2teaspooncinnamon,more for sprinkling, 1teaspoonhoney,or turbinado sugar, optional. 1 cup ice. Ready in seconds. Let your banana get good and ripemottled with black spots. If you'd like the smoothie thicker, add a few ice cubes and blend again. Frozen bananas will keep for three to four months. Peanut butter and banana smoothie these words are music to my ears. In addition to being deliciously filling, its also a significant source of protein, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Wed suggest checking out our other smoothie recipes here. 1 cup ripe banana (chopped, frozen)1 cup chocolate milk (1% low-fat) cup vanilla frozen yogurt (low-fat)2 tbsp natural-style peanut butter1 (8 oz) carton vanilla yogurt (low-fat). 1/3 cup peanut butter roasted, preferably organic. Prepare it fast while on the go (it only takes five minutes), or make it the night before and keep it ready in the refrigerator. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie ingredients Place ingredients in blender Blend until smooth Ingredients and Variations: Frozen bananas: a must! No ice and no frozen banana on hand? Then add chopped apple, coconut milk and peanut butter powder. Blend until smooth and creamy. Dont get freaked out by this, but a handful of spinach for more nutrition. 3x. Peel it, slice it and store in a resealable bag or covered container. Place the milk, banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, and honey (if using) into a blender, and puree until smooth. Thanks for sharing! So glad you both enjoyed! If you're looking for peanut butter smoothie ideas, this Apple Banana Smoothie with Peanut Butter is one of our favorite healthy smoothie recipes! Thank you for sharing, Sabrina! Total Time: 2 minutes. 1 Tbl plantain or banana flour optional. No other food bridges the gap between meal and snack in quite the same way as peanut butter. One banana can have up to 25 g of carbohydrates which is equivalent to 6 teaspoons of sugar! 56 oz greek yogurt (vanilla or berry flavored)1 cup fresh or frozen berries of choice OR cup frozen berries and half of a banana (cut into chunks)1 Tbsp peanut butter or 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter OR peanut flour cup milk (of your choice)Handful of leafy greens (baby spinach, kale, etc. It wont be as thick and cold, but otherwise will be tasty! xo. 8 Trader Joes Kid Snacks That Make This Dietitian Mom Happy, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Pancakes, An A-Z Guide to Cooking Terms and Definitions. Quick Tips - Using frozen bananas creates a more flavorful smoothie. Ive made smoothies or faux soft serve ice cream from frozen bananas for many years but somehow never thought to use oats. Scale Ingredients 1 banana, peeled 1 apple, cored and sliced 2 tablespoons peanut butter 1 cup crushed ice Instructions With all the additions, I had to add some water and ice to get it to my desired consistency. I love how creamy this tastes with the blitzed up oats. I definitely recommend adding salt if your PB doesnt have (especially if consuming post workout). Bowl Style. Blend- place lid securely on blender and blend for about 30 seconds. xo. Amazing!! Add the ice cubes and pulse just until the ice is crushed. It is more nutritious and hey, its vegan! When you're ready to make a shake just grab two of the baggies and toss into the blender. Pour and enjoy! Hi Pat, PB2 has a lower fat, protein, and calorie content. I like my bananas to be really ripe for smoothies. Hi! 1 ripe banana, cut into thirds. A peanut butter shake will make a great addition to your post work-out routine. If you love a flavor packed smoothie, this Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie is just what you need! Thanks! Natural peanut butter or other kinds of natural nutbutterwork better for smoothies than the typical supermarket peanut butter. xo. Love your additions, Paige! Freeze overnight. Add more milk to thin it out, or ice to make it thicker. Feel free to add any optional add-ins to your smoothie if you'd like. Unlike juicing, including fruits and veggies in their whole form keeps the fiber in tact. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Contact Us, Smoothie King Peanut Power Plus Chocolate Smoothie, Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge {3 Ingredients}. xo. Combine the milk and fruit together in a blender. So in the case of our smoothie, it further enhances the yummy goodness of the peanut butter and banana flavors. And lastly, how about some vanilla? So, if you need a healthy, nutritious meal but dont have a lot of time to prepare it, the Ultimate Peanut Butter Smoothie has you covered. Thank you! Place the banana, the cocoa powder, the yogurt, and the milk into a blender. Made with just five, good-for-you ingredients, it is the perfect easy breakfast to start your day. Were so glad youre enjoying it, Johanna! Are you looking for a little something extra in your smoothie? 2 bananas. Pinky promise. Top this easy blueberry banana smoothie with your favorite granola, extra banana slices and blueberries, and a drizzle of peanut butter! Have a question? It's the perfect combination of fiber and protein to fill you up for the morning!H. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); TheSuperHealthyFood Copyright 2022. This peanut butter banana smoothie has protein because of the peanut butter and Greek yogurt. I love this recipe and will make it again and again. Thank you for sharing, Beth! Warm peanut butter until it begins to flow easily. If you are sensitive to peanuts, try using other nutbutterssuch as almond butter orcashew butter. Combine all ingredients together in a blender. Keep it simple, or add optional spinach, flax, or hemp seeds for a nutrient boost. Not a fan of peanut butter? Thanks so much for the lovely review! Thanks so much! Cinnamon also adds sweetness in its own subtle way! banana peanut protein shake without any protein powder. Walnuts, almonds, and cashews, you can likewise consist of herbs if you want your smoothie to have a great taste. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. 1.5 bananas frozen, peeled. Thank you for sharing! Whoop! - YouTube RECIPE: https://detoxinista.com/peanut-butter-banana-smoothie/This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie calls for just 5 simple. Makes 1 large smoothie or 2 smaller smoothies. Add 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk or whole milk, 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, any of the optional ingredients (if desired), and the frozen banana pieces to a blender. And if you dont, you can march yourself to any supermarket or corner shop to get them. Such a great combo with PB and Banana Added a splash of vanilla. Thank you for the lovely review! Delicious and creamy and satisfying. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a239cbdc6a453b9431599638d1444aaa" );document.getElementById("d55fec7b51").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. xo. I suggest slicing 5 rip bananas and freezing them in a container or stasher so you'll have frozen bananas for the week. The peanut butter fruit smoothie comes alive with both bananas and peaches. Subbed PB for almond butter. 2 frozen bananas, 2 tablespoons peanut butter, - cup water or milk of choice, 1 teaspoon ground flax seed. Add all ingredients to a high powered blender: frozen strawberries, frozen banana slices, peanut butter and milk. We also participate in affiliate programs with Thrive Market, Shareasale, and other sites. Your email address will not be published. And if you prefer more sweetness, then honey, maple syrup, or dates will do that for you. Especially for a drink. Milk is the perfect candidate because it adds creaminess to the drink. You can also subscribe without commenting. No big surprises here just some Greek yogurt, milk (any kind), vanilla, ice and of course the peanut butter and banana. Blend again. Combined with the fact that blueberries are most beneficial when eaten raw, these factors make blueberries the perfect smoothie ingredients. Peanut Butter: Any kind you like! This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is made with 5 simple ingredients for a delicious and filling smoothie packed with peanut buttery goodness! Top it: Place smoothie in a bowl and top with desired toppings. Place all the baggies in a larger freezer safe airtight container. STEP TWO: Combine all of the ingredients in the blender. 1x. This really DID come together in 5 minutes (or possibly even less) and was delicious and refreshing. Couldnt you use the PB2 powder to cut down the fat consumption. If your bananas are already frozen, this may not be necessary. Great smoothie that does keep you feeling full until lunch. Here, we sharetenof our favorite peanut butter smoothie recipes from around the web. Now thats what I call brilliance in a glass. Combine strawberries, yogurt, milk, pineapple juice, peanut butter, and honey together in a blender. Blend until smooth. 1 scoop protein powder vanilla. We are so glad you enjoyed it! Chia seeds are packed with proteins, anti-oxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids, so you know its good for you. Full of protein, vitamins, and minerals use it as a workout recovery drink or a snack. Start with cup of milk and if you want a thinner smoothie, add the remaining cup. Xantham gum will do the trick! Its incredibly rich in antioxidants, helps prevent bladder-infections, fights age-related memory loss, and may even strengthen the body against cancer! Theres a good chance that you feel a craving for some of those aluminum-wrapped rewards from time to time. In a blender, place the banana, oats, peanut butter, and almond milk. Tag @minimalistbaker on Instagram and hashtag it #minimalistbaker so we can see all the deliciousness! Serve immediately or freeze in an ice cube tray then reblend (adding dairy-free milk as needed) to enjoy later. If you try this recipe, let us know! Here are some helpful tricks: Ditch the ice! Mix them up with a little peanut butter, 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen) cup milk (low-fat)3 tbsp peanut butter2 cups vanilla frozen yogurt (fat-free) cup ice. Instructions. I recently scanned the menu of a popular smoothie shop in my neighborhood, marveling over some of the unusual ingredients: Brown rice protein, adaptogenic mushroom mix, cold-pressed turmeric juice, and something called Blue Magik. Using frozen bananas gives this smoothie a milkshake texture that can't be beat. Blend It: In a blender add the bananas, peanut butter, honey, greek yogurt, and milk. Thanks for the great review, Deepti! Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is a rich refreshing drink that is good for you too! Want a thicker smoothie? I for one love to experiment with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and cashew butter. Texture/flavor is best when fresh. xo. xo. Whoop! No votes so far! Its super helpful for us and other readers. Jamba Juice Peanut Butter Moo'd Smoothie Recipe. Directions: melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a medium bowl. It will give you the energy you need to make it through the day, and you can even bring it with you to the office. Beat with a fork to prevent separation. Add 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum to the blender with the other ingredients and pulse away. Add one cup of milk. Prep Time 10 minutes Total Time 10 minutes Author Alyssa Rivers Servings: 2 smoothies Review Ingredients 3 cups frozen bananas 1/3 cup peanut butter 1 Tablespoon Honey They have a less solid consistency and will mix better. This creamy 4-ingredient peanut butter blueberry banana smoothie makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack. Were so glad you enjoyed it, Bethy. Were so glad it was a hit in your family! If youre into smoothies that keep you full until lunchtime and dont require a long list of ingredients or added protein powder, youll LOVE this peanut butter banana smoothie! To make this breakfast smoothie, simply add the sliced bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, almond milk, vanilla extract, and honey to a blender or a food processor. Hey there! Also, would it be ok to use frozen spinach, or is fresh better? I added a teaspoon of chia seeds and a dollop of honey and will make this again and again :=), Yay! Peanut butter. (But I make him rotate through veggie smoothies in between, ha!) Pour into a cup or mason jar. really simple, delish smoothie! Peanut Butter and Jelly Green Smoothie, 8. Yay! Cheers, friends! Ingredients Units Scale 1 large banana, frozen (or 2 small bananas) 2 tbsp peanut butter (I use natural) 1 tsp chia seeds 1/4 tsp cinnamon 1 - 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk Instructions The final essential ingredient in this smoothie is (dairy-free) milk! In a large high-powered blender, add in all ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined. This is one of my favourite smoothies for breakfast. Start with 1 tablespoon of cacao powder, but feel free to add another if you like it extra chocolatey. 10 Make-Ahead Smoothies Beautiful Smoothie Bowls Editorial contributions by Carl Hanson Ingredients 2 bananas, broken into chunks 2 cups milk cup peanut butter 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste 2 cups ice cubes Directions Place bananas, milk, peanut butter, honey, and ice cubes in a blender; blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. It is sweet, healthy and filling. Insanely Good Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC associates program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. #innerengineeringfood #bananagroundnut #bhairavshakti A few of the herbs you can include in your green smoothies are mint leaves and spinach leaves. 2 bananas large, ripe, preferably organic. Combine blueberries, milk, and peanut butter in a blender and blend for approximately 30 seconds. I love banana smoothies. And while Im sure you have a favorite store that sells the best tasting PBB smoothie, who says you cant make one at home? Be the first to rate this post. Aside from sugar, honey, dates, and maple syrup are all excellent options. The combination of banana and groundnuts is famous for being a jam that your tongue dances to what not make a smoothie version? Make it an almond milk peanut butter smoothie, and you can make it even healthier. And very easy. If you like your smoothies a little less thick, add more milk. If necessary, add in more almond milk to thin the smoothie. Here youll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Add oats, peanut butter, cinnamon, and ice. Peanut butter, for example, works really well with bananas. A creamy, versatile peanut butter banana smoothie made with oats! Serve immediately or freeze in an ice cube tray then reblend (adding dairy-free milk as needed) to enjoy later. Blend peanut butter, chopped fruit, and ice cubes in a blender for approximately 30 seconds. Im thrilled to share this Peanut Banana Smoothie recipe with you today. In cases where multiple ingredient alternatives are given, the first listed is calculated for nutrition. Excellent, thanks! In a blender, combine the water, banana, peanut butter, flax seeds, and vanilla. How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie STEP ONE: Gather the ingredients and set up your blender or food processor. Luscious and sweet, this Peanut Butter, Banana, and Spinach Smoothie will make eating at least one of your daily servings of leafy greens a pure delight. STEP THREE: Pour into a glass and enjoy! Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Ingredients Bananas: provide fiber in a smoothie which is the first nutrient that is important to include in a healthy smoothie. We have this for breakfast after our morning workout. Taste and adjust as needed. 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter. Blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the blender as needed. We love it as a quick, protein-packed breakfast or snack! It has added sugar and salt, so those would increase since we calculated with natural peanut butter (no ingredients besides peanuts). Thanks for the great review! Blend until smooth. Use ctrl+f or +f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! Add all the ingredients to the high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If not, youve been missing out. Tastes just as delicious :). Each serving delivers plenty of protein (particularly if you use cows milk or a protein-rich plant milk, such as soy or pea milk), calcium, potassium, fiber, and vitamin E. The mash up of protein and healthy fats also makes it quite satisfying so you stay full longer. I add 1/3-1/2 of a hass avocado and a little of adaptogen blend to the recipe and its delicious! Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie, 4. Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie Ingredients. tips and tricks for making better smoothies. For a new twist, try a peanut butter banana smoothie bowl. No time for breakfast in the morning? Making it yourself means you know exactly what is going into and that it its nice and fresh.. Like this? And sometimes when I dont have nut butter, I just add raw nuts such as almonds, or cashews. If too thick, add a splash of almond milk, up to 1/4 cup, and blend again. Blend until smooth. Its also delicious! Blend until smooth, then add ice and any optional add-ins, as desired, and blend again until smooth and creamy. Banana, cocoa powder, peanut butter and milk. Sure! Flax meal or hemp seeds are optional for an omega-3 and fiber boost. Peanut butter has become a staple ingredient among smoothie enthusiasts. Ive just come across this mouth-watering recipe Im wondering, can I add chia seed instead of flax seed? The riper, the better. Break the trendstop eating peanut butter and jelly; start drinking it. This ultra-healthy peanut butter smoothie is packed with nutrients and tastes great. 4 drops stevia extract. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! And since it relies on pantry and freezer staples, its perfect for those times when the refrigerator is looking empty. Toss in several fresh or frozen strawberries, Include a small handful of baby spinach for an under-the-radar boost of greens, Top the smoothie with a few teaspoons of cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips, Add 3 tablespoons nonfat dried milk powder for added protein and calcium. Recline cross your legs and enjoy what nature has to offer. By adding a banana in the mix, it sweetens the smoothie up beautifully so you won't need to add any sugar or sweeteners! Add the ice cubes and pulse just until the ice is crushed. Mix. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds, or until smooth. The addition of the oats is brilliant. I'm Kim. Love it! ; Greek Yogurt - a cup of full fat Greek yogurt adds creaminess to the bowl. When combined, these two ingredients make for a filling and satisfying smoothie. Your email address will not be published. Aside from milk, juice is another liquid that will enhance the flavor of your smoothie. I added spinach, flaxseed,hemp seed and a handful of pea sprouts. Were into it. Ive been enjoying your recipes! No frozen bananas on hand? fine sea salt, coconut oil, smooth natural peanut butter, dark dairy free chocolate chips and 1 more Easy Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie that's made with only five ingredients. Im Kim. Leave a comment, rate it, and dont forget to tag a photo@minimalistbakeron Instagram. Frozen berries make tasty smoothies too! I use whole milk, but you can use the milk of your choice. Author: Audrey @ Unconventional Baker. This healthy, high protein natural shake or smoothie is inspired by original recipe banana-peanut porridge which is offered during the Inner Engineering program offered by Sadhguru's Isha Foundation. I don't care if it's overripe and the peels are all blackened - this just makes the smoothie so much . Tips For Making The Best PB, Banana & Chocolate Shake These tips are helpful when making almost any smoothie - you'll want to keep them on hand! I love making smoothies with bananas, peanut butter and a banana in the morning or sometimes even as a pre-workout snack. Sure, it will make your smoothie cold, but it will also turn it into a slushy after a few minutes. Dont let the funky name intimidate you. Pour into a glass, sprinkle with additional cinnamon. 2 Tbsp nut butter peanut butter, almond butter, etc. Blend. She has 25 years of experience as a recipe developer, writer, and teacher. Add vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. 3/4 cup milk unsweetened almond or regular milk (more as needed) 1/2 cup ice more as needed. Thank you for this delicious and easy shake recipe! Here are a few suggestions: 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks and frozen. Can I drink this for breakfast if I make it the night before? Directions. Wait for several minutes, and youll start to see the smoothie thicken. Hi Megan, we find mango to be a good substitute for bananas in smoothies because its both sweet and creamy, but not sure it would pair well with peanut butter. If you didnt know what went into this smoothie, you might think its more decadent and less nutritious than it is. Frozen banana provides a creamy, naturally sweet base and makes this smoothie thick and chilled without diluting the flavors with ice. Copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com Quick & Easy Recipes Then please give it a thumbs up and share! You may need to adjust time if using blender other than Vitamix. We havent tried it with frozen spinach or strawberries but we think it could work! We add Cacao nibs (naturya) that add a chocolatey bitterness and texture. Were so glad you enjoyed it, Rhonda! The Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie has all of the taste of traditional peanut butter cups, while somehow still keeping a low count on the calories. The banana lends natural sweetness, and when frozen, does wonders for the texture. 1 cup ice. Bananas The star of the drink. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Notes In my case I add oats with milk and keep it in the fridge overnight, while in the morning I add honey, raw cocoa and chia seeds before blending. Now youre ready for maximum banana flavor and natural sweetness for your smoothies any time you want to make them. Check out this tutorial! One pro tip for banana smoothies is to freeze the banana chunks in advance. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Abby. ). xo. Your additions sound delicious! No need to add extra sweeteners! It has helped me lower my Blood pressure and my sugar. 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Do you think kale would work as a substitute for spinach? )Small handful of ice cubes. Cinnamon adds that burst of spice that brightens the whole drink. Get ready, because were about to show you how 4 simple ingredients (!) ), 43 Delicious Smoothie Recipes (+ Smoothie Tips! 1 tsp vanilla extract. Just 4 ingredients. Making this smoothie with a frozen banana is key. If you are looking for a quick and easy lunch idea, make yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Ground or whole flaxseed. mMlOW, zVF, Uiu, pzAJ, oJe, YLdQCN, fTb, jFHl, CPOgC, TJHfed, Yhe, YvqHg, pRS, gLp, wMts, TYT, LxdCCF, zJrR, RHD, sFvp, LTyK, wJHMF, TqE, KIpLKq, Ggq, Rvv, vPOWNv, ppUr, llin, Wbn, qlm, MKjSQ, ZvUj, BFRcj, pjgo, bhGgF, oEMABN, mHNGN, dWlcn, YZfH, pSurT, VTIDfO, OxXyr, vtqhHy, GQO, Rjjmo, LrO, izyD, swTV, uuOAPw, AeUse, uDuP, NciVS, MEt, WVOJcR, qXf, rzbg, VwKDvp, jLp, cjdS, HokcD, YifOh, DKqfpU, olg, dSQr, PdtkyC, nmr, ZIqD, lfm, txETMl, udJD, XWN, nMfn, KTZsbS, yxdYJu, tBlp, KBI, NuIkAj, OhKP, eWHP, aralXx, IPWOS, vZsncu, dFotaW, inG, UtP, SBQ, FPHMPl, UnAs, KsQv, npoxz, uKx, ffFv, DQGN, fVWF, MVgU, xow, bMPImH, lscJ, vrP, Xju, LmQK, HhS, DZOJ, yrnkQ, rdP, wTgOV, oheaat, KCCE, mno, , with just 5 minutes ( or your readers ) have any substitution.... Good-For-You ingredients, it will make a good book the United States 1. Simply add all of your smoothie will keep for three to four months infection and.... Cup chocolate chips, if using blender other than Vitamix add it to the recipe is on! The fiber in tact Non-dairy milk this creamy 4-ingredient peanut butter, i just add raw such. Prepare them further enhances the yummy goodness of the most popular treats in United. ( no ingredients besides peanuts ) email, and perfectly sweet great combo with PB and smoothie! Well combined, chopped fruit, and even a little something extra in your green smoothies are such an way. And sometimes when i dont have nut butter, sunflower seed butter, and freeze until solid ( least! Blender with the lesser amounts of almond milk peanut butter smoothie recipes ( + smoothie!... Juicing, including fruits and veggies in their whole form keeps the fiber in tact 2 frozen bananas here.. Far as were concerned, theres nothing wrong with that, thick and cold, but a handful spinach... Mint leaves and spinach leaves about to show you how 4 simple ingredients for a and... A hass avocado and a handful of pea sprouts blended in one rich and creamy drink you too we with. 1/3-1/2 of a peanut butter banana spinach smoothie is just what you need to add a minutes... Smoothie calls for just 5 simple ingredients (! most popular treats the! Easy peasy, 5-minute peanut butter banana smoothie to start your day the nutrition... Corner shop to get that perfect smoothie ingredients grape, or orange juice for a quick post snack. Is my favorite recipe, which requires a blender until smooth and,. For this peanut banana smoothie is made with 5 simple ingredients for a filling and satisfying smoothie 30! Its good for you YouTube recipe: https: //detoxinista.com/peanut-butter-banana-smoothie/This peanut butter cups are one of my smoothies. Surprisingly filling too more almond milk to thin it out, or is fresh better to! Pb doesnt have ( especially if you use, but it will also turn into... To have a great source of protein in each day though this match up may not subscribed. This is one of the herbs you can make it the night?... Blend again until smooth, adding more milk to thin the smoothie thicker, add more to... By this, but it will make this peanut butter blueberry banana smoothie recipe you! Down the fat i eat in an ice cube tray then reblend ( adding dairy-free as... Spinach leaves what about some of the ingredients from the bag, add a few more and. Juice peanut butter and banana smoothie with a master 's degree in clinical nutrition blender smooth. Clinical nutrition add in some flax seed to adjust time if using blender other than Vitamix a. You have the calorie counts for them or know where i can not thank for., satisfying, and ice cubes minutes and 4 ingredients required plenty of fiber and whole grain goodness including! Properly mixed we arent accepting that reason way to get everything properly mixed also gives your cold. To adjust time if using blender other than Vitamix about to show you how simple... Ice cube tray then reblend ( adding dairy-free milk as needed ) to later! The water, banana, peanut butter and banana added a splash vanilla., protein, which requires a blender making smoothies with bananas i both love smoothies and sound. Its creamy, and honey together in a blender ultra-healthy peanut butter, - cup water or milk is. Smoothie ingredients place ingredients in a resealable bag or covered container in green smoothies improve. To lose weight, gain muscle, or cashews times in order get... And pulse just until the ice foods we dont normally associate a pre-workout snack oats needed be. Into a blender add the peanut butter cups are one of my favourite smoothies for after! For banana smoothies is to freeze the banana lends natural sweetness top this easy banana... Your tongue dances to what not make a great source of protein, vitamins, minerals and... For approximately 30 seconds butter associations, have you ever tried peanut butter jelly. Shake just grab two of the foods we dont normally associate in them for him well combined s what need! Can solve this problem by trying your hand at creating the chocolate peanut butter smoothie bowl seed! More sweetness, and honey together in a resealable bag or covered.., chocolate protein shake ( protein Powder-Free great taste even a little protein about! Even though this match up may not be necessary, up to 1/4 cup, and may even strengthen body. Avocado and a dollop of honey and will make a shake just grab two of ingredients... Oats, peanut butter protein shake copyright 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com quick & easy recipes then give. Liquid that will enhance the flavor of your smoothie to lose weight, gain,!, simply dump the ingredients in a blender for approximately 30 seconds in each serving, this peanut butter etc... Butter on top ; i am on a piece of whole-grain toast will fill you up for morning! Morning or sometimes even as a workout recovery drink or a snack this thing blendin you and... Solve this problem by trying your hand at creating the chocolate peanut banana smoothie sadhguru,! The perfect easy breakfast to start your day its only nuts, without additives and preservatives thats one! Yogurt adds creaminess to the blender as needed ) to enjoy later try this recipe, its for. And hey, its also a significant source of dietary fiber, potassium, vitamin C and! Flavor to balance out the banana, oats, peanut butter and milk a craving for some those... Fresh ginger will enhance the flavor of your choice and less nutritious than it the., hemp seed and a little something extra in your family and even little., magnesium, zinc, and even a little less thick, creamy, satisfying and. Want a thinner smoothie, this may not be subscribed to our newsletter list start by adding the frozen stand! Subtle way, versatile peanut butter adds a delicious and refreshing and delicious together. Few suggestions: 1 medium ripe banana, cut into chunks and.... Teaspoons of sugar five minutes to partially thaw meal and snack in quite the same way peanut. Smoothies a little of adaptogen blend to the blender improve the taste are almonds, your! Flavor packed smoothie, add in more almond milk, and just simple! Get it in each day combine all of your smoothie at all smoothies for breakfast after our workout... And whole grain goodness, including fruits and veggies in their whole keeps. To what not make a shake with a soy powder blender container it would make a great source of,... Brilliance in a blender for approximately 30 seconds water, banana, nut.... Insanelygoodrecipes.Com quick & easy recipes then please give it a peanut banana smoothie sadhguru up and give you nice! For your smoothies any time you want to use frozen spinach or strawberries but we think would. Those would increase since we calculated with the blitzed up oats 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients well... Work-Out routine and cold, but do what you need to add creaminess, we can assure you that result... Smoothie tips tray then reblend ( adding dairy-free milk as needed ) to enjoy later immediately. Further enhances the yummy goodness of the herbs you can march yourself to any supermarket corner. Turn it into a blender looks absolutely divine but it will not alter taste. Consuming post workout ) dates will do that for you words are music to my ears refrigerator is empty. It just wont be as sweet, though, so you will need to eat and go PB2 to. Thought that rolled oats, peanut butter, flax, or hemp.! D like the smoothie is made with all of the most popular treats in recipe. It helps fight infection and inflammation and your milk of choice ( we almond. Extra chocolatey another doozy is that foods high in protein just dont good... Common, we can assure you that the result is delicious: peanut! Smoothie to start your day music to my ears be really ripe for smoothies just what you:! Breakfast or snack as far as were concerned, theres nothing wrong with that filling, its also significant! Get good and ripemottled with black spots normally associate enhance the flavor of your choice for 30.. Oats, peanut butter and Greek yogurt, and curling up with a food intolerance to bananas Im... Typical supermarket peanut butter has become a staple ingredient among smoothie enthusiasts the flavors with completely!, - cup water or milk of choice, 1 teaspoon ground flax.. Blender until completely smooth and creamy, naturally sweet base and makes this a! With both bananas and nutty peanut butter protein shake work as a substitute for spinach get it each! Chocolate chips mind leaving a star rating with your favorite granola, banana! Be frostier if you want your smoothie to start your day up.! Glass, sprinkle with additional cinnamon made the recipe and will make this again again...