curried sweet potato soup with kale

Add onions, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. This recipe continued the Cookie and Kate success streak in my house! Season with a pinch each sea salt and black pepper and stir. Absolutely delicious! I hope you can try it <3. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. I loved this curry we used white sweet potatoes and also massamun curry paste since we didnt have red curry paste. We are so glad you enjoyed it! This recipe is amazingly yummy. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil until tender, about 2 minutes. Instructions. So good! I pair it with my homemade Thai Draggon Hot Sauce and spice things up a bit. 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced 2 TBSP ghee 4 cups veggie broth 1-13.5 oz can of coconut milk 2 TBSP curry powder 1/2 tsp salt 4 cups fresh kale, stemmed and chopped Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional) Instructions Melt the ghee over medium heat in a deep pot or stock pot. Definitely a keeper! Thank you! I appreciate your review. Really easy to pull together and so tasty! Thanks for sharing your cooking process, Christina! Im glad you loved it, Andrew! It was super easy and came together quickly. I also added a bit of local curry powder. Delicious! Thanks! (It's all free.). Add coconut milk, vegetable broth and salt. I may never eat anything else ever again. Made 3 Recipe. I save recipes all the time and never make them, lol, but this sounded appealing so I went right out to found farro and Thai red paste (which Id never used before) and made it. I would do: 1 cup rinsed quinoa, 1 cup vegetable broth, and 3/4 cups light coconut milk! Toast for 1-3 minutes. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 18 minutes (or until water is absorbed), then turn off heat and leave the lid on as it cools. Add onion and garlic and saute for 2 minutes. This is getting added as a regular, though I made the following changes I added about a teaspoon of red pepper flakes and I cooked it much longer. Add sweet potatoes and pepper. Serving suggestions: This soup is vegan, but mighty tasty with a side of whole wheat toast slathered with goat cheese. Thx in advance! It was super easy for me to make for one as well thank you SO much for creating and sharing this! Loved it. Red curry is infused with coconut milk for big flavor and creamy texture. Email me when Kate or another C+K reader replies directly to my comment. Discard or eat . Eating my steaming bowl of this now and dang its delicious! Were glad you enjoyed them regardless of the curry paste you were able to use! A great soup for leftovers! Thanks for consistently yummy recipes. If I dont have a sweet potato (and am too lazy to leave my apartment to go get one) what other options are there? I used cannelini beans and added a little more vegetable stock. This recipe is a mix of lighter (the veggies) and more filling (fibre, "warm" spices, thicker.). Or use an immersion blender. Top the soup with kale, savory granola and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Adding this into the recipe rotation! Those soups are downright magical, if I can say so myself. Add the kale, onion, and apples to the saucepan. Taste for seasoning and add salt as needed. It tasted like a delicious curry, so I ended up adding a can of coconut milk at the end and served it over rice. This was insanely delicious! Didnt decrease my enjoyment of the delicious recipe, because I know by now to just ignore any prep times on recipes because it seems they are never realistic. Stir half-and-half and maple syrup into the soup; season with salt and pepper. This recipe for Simple Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Baby Kaleis a great transitional dish. Place them onto a silicon mat lined baking sheet (or sub parchment paper). Gluten-Free, Indian-Inspired, Thai-Inspired, Vegan, (or serrano pepper // stem removed, thinly sliced // remove seeds or omit for less heat), (or sub 2 small per 1 large // skin removed + cubed into even, bite-sized pieces), Thai (or regular) basil, or fresh cilantro, *Ensure your curry paste is vegan friendly (and does not contain fish ingredients). Cover and cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-6 hours. My boyfriend Chris recently moved here from New Jersey, and I thought that it was hilarious that I was complaining of not being able to wear shorts to school this morning in 60F weather, and he was telling me it was like summer for him! I squeezed some lemon juice after filling my bowl, as I usually do. One question though This was incredible. Start by heating a Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed soup pan to medium. Your email address will not be published. This recipe is amazing! Cannot handle the overly rich coconut milk without an acidic contrast. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan , Tags: curry, fall, granola, Kale, pepper, savory, soup, sweet potato, winter, Your email address will not be published. Ill make it again following your original ingredient list. I served it with white rice and I could not stop eating it. Loved the flavors! 500 g white potatoes peeled and roughly chopped 1 tablespoon medium curry powder 1 L vegetable or chicken stock 200 g chopped kale stalks removed 250 ml skimmed milk Salt and pepper to taste Metric - US Customary Instructions Gently heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. I roasted some sweet potatoes and then while they were still warm, fresh from the oven, I tossed them with some baby kale. I love it! Youre welcome! Have a question? I also added about a teaspoon of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper. Its one of the best dishes I have ever made myself. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Laura. Or better in a pot on the stove? The best red curry Ive ever made! Simmer for 3-4 minutes more over low to medium-low heat. It is definitely my favourite vegan curry. The sauce will thicken and the sweet potatoes should be fork tender. Super easy to make! I think next time Ill use 1 full fat and 1 light as I decided to use full fat and it bugged my stomach all week unfortunately. Thanks, Prick the potatoes with a knife in 4-5 places, then place the tray into the oven. Add garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Were so glad you enjoyed it! Add onion and saute 3-4 minutes until just softened and lightly browned. Stirred through fresh coriander right at the end. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Rebecca! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Think this would work in the instant pot? I added cauliflower as well, doubled the recipe and cut the seasonings by 1/3. You could serve it in shot glass shooters for the perfect finger food serving sizes, and the granola adds that snack factor a lot of people may crave at cocktail style parties. WILL DEF COOK AGAIN. Im happy it still turned out, Megan! The soup was tasty and filling! Test the farro for donenessif its tender and cooked through, add the chickpeas and kale. Remove from heat and add chopped kale and cilantro. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Cheesy Balsamic Savory Granola with Watermelon Seeds & Sun Dried Tomatoes (gluten-free), Sweet Simple Vegan Turns 2: Birthday Giveaway, TWO WINNERS! Tag @minimalistbaker on Instagram and hashtag it #minimalistbaker so we can see all the deliciousness! Dont skip those! Return pureed soup to slow cooker. LOVE this one. Place the sweet potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, lentils, spices, and 6 cups of broth into a slow cooker. This is a staple in my house! Add the tin of coconut milk then fill up with water (400ml) and add too. This soup is so delicious! Once the onion is soft and translucent add the spices. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. When the soup has stopped bubbling, use the immersion blender to puree to a smooth consistency (or carefully transfer to a blender in 2-3 batches). Will definitely be making this again, so flavourful!! Cover and simmer over low heat until vegetables are very tender, about 25 minutes. Thanks so much! Just wondering whats up with that? Once it was piping hot I spooned over some spaghetti squash and my body is thanking me for all the good vitamins & fiber!! Prick the potatoes with a knife in 4-5 places, then place the tray into the oven. I was looking for a recipe with sweet potato because I had one I needed to use and chose this recipe. Its super helpful for us and other readers. Always turns out well, especially with a side of fresh bread. Leave a comment below and share a picture on. This recipe was inspired by my love for the combination of anything kale and sweet potatoand my intense passion for putting curry paste in and on everything. Add the stock and lentils and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes with the pan covered, until the lentils are softening. Bring to a boil while continuing to stir. Its also making me excited to know, I will have more left for a lunches/days. Add coconut milk, maple syrup, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and stir. Grew kale right outside the backdoor. Recipe based on Heidi Swansons farro soup in Super Natural Every Day. Let it sit and simmer for 7-8 minutes until it's fork tender. We made it with brown basmati rice but will try it with quinoa next time and add some other veggies just to change it up a little. Simmer soup for 15 minutes. olive oil to the pan. Place soup back into the saucepan over medium heat. Really enjoying trying so many of your recipes thank you! I served it with rice and it tasted absolutely delicious. Cook the onion and garlic in a 2 tablespoons of water or broth 5 minutes in a large soup pot over medium heat. 1 1/2 tablespoons curry paste pinch ground ginger sliced green onions and Sriracha for topping, optional Instructions Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Dog lover. If you made the recipe, please choose a star rating, too. Looking forward to the leftovers this week! I couldnt find my grape seed oil and didnt have coconut oil, so I used a top-notch olive oil. Add the lentils and broth, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Yay! These cookies do not store any personal information. Add potatoes and stir to coat. It was super heavy with the farro, rice and potato (dont judge, we were verging on hangry and it was a cold night..). Thanks :). Let cook for about 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender. Season with salt, pepper, and optionally curry according to taste. Im sure theres a hack for peeling the sweet potato as well. This soup was great. I added some lime juice and cayenne pepper to my personal bowl. I had sweet potatoes that needed to be used and this soup was a delicious way to use them up. This hearty and delicious soup is perfect for warming up. The only thing Id note is that I put in 1.5 tbsp of maple syrup, but considering the sweet potatoes and sweetness from the coconut milk, I think it could use less. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until Jasmine with Quinoa and vegetables are tender. Yum! Check for seasoning before serving. Sorry! You know how I feel about fall. If you chose to use pre-cooked whole grains, add them now. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. (Alternatively, cool the soup slightly, then puree in a blender in batches. If you like, blanch the kale separately in a pot of lightly salted boiling water until bright green and crisp-tender, drain it, and run it under cool water to stop the cooking. coconut flakes? Instagram ⋄ Pinterest ⋄ Facebook, Subscribe to our email newsletter! I made it a few years ago, forgot about it, and then rediscovered it tonight. I've definitely always loved these guys, but just recently, I've taken it to a whole new level. We are so glad you enjoyed it! Great question! Cook until the potatoes are nice and soft, about 10 minutes. Such a flavorful curry! Made this last night for my picky-husband and we LOVED it! Dont miss the eight soup recipes in my cookbook, Love Real Food. Pease are best just very lightly cooked/hot.to retain nutrition, flavor, and color! I discovered your website for the first time JUST 10 minutes ago & I am SOOooo thrilled ,,,I dont recall how it was that it happened but I read your BRILLIANT suggestion re cornstarch for crisping cauliflowerI cannot wait to start scrolling through your whole wonderfulwebsite( this way I can rationalize my HUGE procrastination habit a bit more positively) THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU & now being in my life in such a delicious way !! Jeri Elliott Canada. Made this recipe for lunch today. One-Pot Vegan Hamburger Helper (Cheeseburger Pasta), One-Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff (30-Minutes), Easy Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup (10-Ingredients). Place back into the pot and bring to a simmer, about 10 mins. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cover. Explore. Stir in broth, sweet potato, carrot, turmeric and honey; bring to boil. I added butternut squash and omitted the farro. It was delicious. Once simmering, add peas (optional) and slightly reduce heat. Wow! Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand so I made it a couple of weeks ago. Add the sweet potatoes and apple, and stir to coat. Only had one can of coconut milk so subbed veggie broth for the rest. I followed instructions, but cooked in the instant pot at high pressure for 10 minutes before adding in boiled einkorn wheat berries, chickpeas, and spinach (didnt have kale on hand)! Make sure you tag me onInstagram @sweetsimpleveganor twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag#sweetsimpleveganif you recreate any of myrecipes, I love tosee your photos! I placed the curry on top of some roasted broccoli and it was perfect. Wash and dry sweet potatoes. I love all of your recipes. I love this soup because each main ingredient contributes flavor while retaining its texture. I love when that happens! by Gina Marie. I used same amount and cooked for same length of time & it worked great! I substituted the shallot for half a white onion, the maple syrup for honey and the lemon juice for lime juice. Highly recommend! Cook for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Sounds delish. Very delicious! Thanks so much for the lovely review, Sarah. Check the lentils for doneness. We are in our 70s and just discovered curried food! Way too strong on the coconut milk as is, but adding canned tomato sauce and garam masala is a huge improvement. Add stock. Curry, sweet potatoes and kale are comfort food on a cold MN night! Thank you for always having the best recipes! It does need the cashews, and I omitted the maple syrup as the sweet potatoes (if the golden orange kind) are sweet enough on their own. I find sweet potatoes a Bit too starchy. Use ctrl+f or +f on your computer or the "find on page" function on your phone browser to search existing comments! Will be adding this to the soup rotation. Im excited you enjoyed it, Sabeena! Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, broth and cup of the coconut milk. This is so amazing! Prepare kale by simply steaming it until soft. 3-Ingredient Curried Sweet Potato Soup A creamy soup full of warm spices and sweet, earthy potatoes. Since then, a friend suggested Maesri brand Thai red curry paste. Add garlic, ginger, and curry paste to pot and saute 2-3 minutes until golden and fragrant. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. In fact, I have my eye on the chickpea soup that came through today ;-), Thanks so much, Renee! Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Add the peanut butter and curry paste, give it a good stir and bring to a simmer. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Add garlic clove and ginger and cook for another 1-2 minutes. I did substitute spinach for the Kale as Im not a large kale person. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The store was out of red curry paste, so i got roasted red chili paste by Thai Kitchen. What can i use instead of farro/spelt berries/kamut? Place in oven and roast for 20 -22 minutes, until tender but slightly under cooked. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. We are so glad you enjoyed this recipe! Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add sweet potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. This would work well with spinach too - and probably a little less well with regular kale, just because it's so hardy. If you opt to use onions, saut the onions until beginning to wilt. This would make the perfect weeknight meal when youre craving something hearty yet healthy. You can also. I made this last week. We used the Thai Kitchen red curry paste the first time, but it seemed bland and we had to add a lot of cayenne to kick it up. We are so glad everyone enjoyed it! Remove soup from heat and cool. Add the curry powder, salt, ginger, tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Thank you for sharing, Philomena! Heat the coconut oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. As for the seasoning, I also used a lot of paprika and cayenne pepper. Finally add the chickpea lentils, kale, coconut milk, salt and pepper and simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring from time to time. Add onion and cook for about 4 to 6 minutes, until softened. I dont like red curry paste, so I used turmeric paste and tomato paste. Mix the ingredients together. Add the vegetable broth and water, and stir to combine. Was it ever delicious. I did an onion instead of shallot. 2 tablespoons olive oil 1 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 teaspoon ground turmeric 1 teaspoon salt teaspoon curry powder teaspoon ground coriander 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 4 cups vegetable broth 4 cups chopped kale 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained 1 cup canned coconut milk 1 onion, diced 2 cloves garlic Took a little bit longer to cook the kale than 5 minutes but was worth the wait. Stir in the shallot and sweet potatoes. You rock! Thanks so much for sharing your experience! Thank you so much. Once boiling, cover with a lid and turn to simmer for about 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are almost fully tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool completely, then peel off skin. Mix. Always a fav! Add coconut milk, maple syrup, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and stir. 2. Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? Of course I didnt know this before the three tablespoons! Do you have this recipe for the Instant Pot? Ingredients. My supermarket only had green curry paste instead of red curry paste, and it still turned out absolutely delicious. Add the farro, if thats your grain of choice. How long will this last for leftovers? Thanks so much for sharing, Lyse-Anne! {"cookieName":"wBounce","isAggressive":false,"isSitewide":true,"hesitation":"30","openAnimation":false,"exitAnimation":false,"timer":"","sensitivity":"","cookieExpire":"30","cookieDomain":"","autoFire":"","isAnalyticsEnabled":true}. Chop leaves into small pieces and set aside. Taste and add any more salt, if desired. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until vegetables are fork tender, but still firm. Hi Roby, sorry I dont have Instant Pot instructions and cant provide direction without trying it myself. Then I realized every other ingredient was one I had and needed to use, so I didnt even need to go to the store, it was made for me this week! Hi Rowie, were so glad you enjoy our recipes! Today. Its super helpful for us and other readers. Everything is cooked, so it might need more like 5 minutes, and Id add the kale after pressure cooking. Add celery, roasted sweet potato, cumin, curry, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Swirl in coconut milk and lime juice. Add the carrots and sweet potato and simmer uncovered for another . Cheers, friends! Soooooo making this again!!!! Affiliate details . Cant wait to try them all! The peas where fantastic, they really pop in your mouth, and I served over some very easy and very quick cauliflower rice. Push the sweet potatoes to the side of the pan and add ginger, garlic, and red curry paste. Hearty, satisfying and easy to make on a weeknight. coconut water? I added a few pinches of crushed red pepper flakes at the end and also squeezed some lemon juice into it. And I love your business Id give you a best job vote. Its so good and I think the flavors are even better the next day. Pure the mixture in the pot using an immersion blender. Thanks for such a delish and staple recipe, Dana! Add cubed sweet potatoes and red curry paste. Plus, this is a 1-pot, 30-minute recipe that screams comfort food and fall and all of the cozy things. And no pepper. Puree the soup in a blender (or you can use a hand blender), adding more water if needed to thin. Next, add the vegetable stock. The recipe is not difficult and the curry tastes so good. Also, partially blended it with an immersion blender. (CLOSED). Definitely a keeper, thanks Kate! This website uses cookies to improve your experience. I may have over-eaten because it was too delicious and I couldnt stop. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes. Add coconut milk, vegetable broth and salt. xo. My dog, Cookie, catches the crumbs. Add the chopped kale, check and add water if required, and bring to a simmer again for 10 minutes. Cover and simmer until sweet potatoes have just begun to soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the broth, beans, sweet potatoes and kale. Add chicken and sausage. The other night I made a super simple side dish with them. I use chick peas instead of green peas and double the kale, but thats it for the changes. I have mixed nuts and pepitas mixed together in the cupboard so just roasted a handful of those, chopped and sprinkled on the top the added crunch lifted this meal to the next level! I hope you love this recipe for my Simple Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Baby Kale! I did not make this recipe yet, but ive Noticed that all too often it does take way more time. But it honestly is so friggen delicious. I hope you enjoy it! If you have a question, please skim the comments sectionyou might find an immediate answer there. Yay! I quickly searched on your website, but no recipe. Add the carrots, sweet potatoes, chicken broth and salt and bring to a boil. check out my gluten-free menufrom last year! I appreciate your review. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Add half of the kale and stir until it's beginning to wilt, about 1 minute. Thanks for sharing, Jenny! Food blogger problems! Could this work in a slow cooker? We share fresh and fun recipes to show you that vegan cooking is easy, approachable and delicious Sign up to get the latest recipes, video announcements, and more! This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Let simmer for another 10 minutes. We are loving this soup. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. I dont know either, but if you try it, I would not cook that long. chopped kale, pepper, curry, sweet potatoes, apples, salt, full fat coconut milk and 2 more Super Kale And Cashew Soup Anj42194 carrot, coconut oil, sweet potato, vegetable stock, garlic, kale and 5 more Stir in onion, ginger, garlic, garam masala, salt and pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is softened. 1 - 2 cups kale, stems removed, chopped Instructions Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat and add the onion, garlic, and jalapeo. Its super helpful for us and other readers. Next time I would probably go with 6 or 7 minutes at high pressure. My husband and I loved this soup. I have been wanting to try out a Thai curry recipe after being disappointed at my favorite Thai restaurants curry (it was too sweet and too coconutty). You could pass it off as Thai curry without mentioning it was vegan and it would be devoured by even the most hardened vegetable dodger. A must try! My partner is a cook for the military and loves this recipe so much, that he submitted it when they were looking for new vegetarian/vegan recipes. Add the vegetable broth and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often. Vegan Sweet Potato Coconut Lentil Stew. And added more salt, maybe 1/2 a teaspoon by the end. I would recommend starting with 2 tablespoons instead of 3. 4 cups chopped green or purple kale FOR SERVING optional Fresh chopped cilantro Lemon juice Bread or Flatbread Instructions Heat a large pot over medium heat. I share it all the time and think its absolutely the bomb! Not only is this great to justsnack on, but it also paired well with this soup! This dish gets elevated with the addition of more lemon juice and Thai or regular basil for serving. Good luck! I would give it more stars if I could (sorry, forgot to rate it in my previous review)! As you may know, Ive made many curries before (see them here, here, and here), but this may very well be my favorite. Add all of the ingredients into a high speed blender and run until smooth. Youre welcome, Kelly! Yes, big statement, but very true. 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar: 1 teaspoon turmeric. We often have it over quinoa. Cook for 5 minutes (stirring often), or until the outsides lose their firmness. This delicious curry is in the regular rotation! Thank you for your review. Cover and Simmer for 20 minutes. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender. I appreciate your review. This recipe is excellent, and it is now on a regular rotation in our house. Next comes a few green peas and cashews for a kick of plant-based protein. I do think that kale would be less bitter than the collard greens. Thanks for the lovely review and for sharing your modifications! Hi Kate, All rights reserved. Stir in 4 cups broth, sweet potatoes (see Note up top), lentils and bay leaf. I like it with some crumbled goat cheese (similar to your serving suggestion). Hi Maddy! Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. I like Thai Kitchen brand, which is vegan (some brands contain shrimp). Stir in the onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and salt. Excellent textures and flavours. HAHA that is awesome! It has amazing heat and authentic flavor highly recommend if you like spice! Add 2 Tbsp. Cook the onion in the drippings until softened. This is my first recipe from this site look forward to exploring and find more treasures. Wonderful! Absolutely yummers ?. Completely missed where the stars were will make sure to comment again on the next great recipe. Continue to keep at a simmer. I froze a few servings, so Im still enjoying it. Once sweet potato is fork tender, add the chickpeas. It's a creamy, nutty stew stuffed with sweet potato and kale for a healthy and filling vegan and gluten free meal! Cook, stirring, until it becomes translucent. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Thank you so much! Always free Unsubscribe anytime, The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Thanks so much for sharing, Mire! 2 Cups low-sodium vegetable broth 2 13.5 oz cans coconut milk 3 big handfuls kale, stems removed and roughly chopped 1-2 sweet potatoes, cut into thin fries 1/4 cup lime juice , Freshly Squeezed (plus more for topping if desired) 1 bunch fresh basil, I love to top mine with a lot of freshly chopped basil leaves. I added a jar of pinto beans, a chopped carrot & a hint of sherry. Enjoy as is or over rice, quinoa, or steamed veggies (broccoli being my favorite). Bring it to a simmer, reduce the heat to medium-low, and cover. If so, will you please provide instructions? TIA. I like to brown them a little bit with the aromatics to get them nice and flavorful. Heat oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes, 13 Satisfying Sweet Potato Soups You Can't Help but Fall in Love With, Sweet Potato, Carrot, Apple, and Red Lentil Soup, Pumpkin, Sweet Potato, Leek and Coconut Milk Soup, Caldo Verde (Portuguese Sausage Kale Soup). Thank you for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed it! This dish is easy, tasty, and very good fir whatever ails you. Thanks so much for your amazing recipes. This could take another 20 minutes, depending on the farro.). Step 1: Saut the onions and garlic in 1/4 cup of vegetable stock to prevent sticking. While remaking the soup so I could take photos of it, I adjusted the ingredients and cooking method a bit. I made this tonight and its delicious! Next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review? I have been craving a great curry for a while now and who knew, all I had to do was find your recipe and make it! Check and season with salt and pepper. Its super helpful for us and other readers. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes. But after that dish, I had some leftovers so I turned it into this recipe: Simple Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Baby Kale. Thank you, Lovely! Add tomatoes, coconut milk, water, spices, and peanuts. Curried Red Lentil, Kale and Sweet Potato Soup This soup keeps very well in the refrigerator for up to a week, though the kale and cilantro will lose their verdant color. I also love this dish because it has cumin and coconut milk - two of my favourite flavours. Hi Lauren, it will be different. I strongly suggest making 2 extra servings so that you can have leftovers!! I doubled it, substituted some bone broth for part of the coconut milk. SO GOOD! Perfect for fall! Sauce will begin to thicken. Xo. Reduce heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender. Another amazing recipe! [] PS Want more filling and healthy winter soups? As a thank you, we'll give you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes. Roast chopped sweet potatoes for 20 minutes in the pre-heated oven. *Thai red curry paste: Look for it in the Asian/international section of the grocery store. xo, Wow this is an amazing dish! Hi, Kate! I made it and had it for lunches that week and my friends all had a taste and were super impressed by the taste and when I told them how easy they were all dying for me to send them the recipe! Required fields are marked *. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. In a Dutch oven or large soup pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmery. Stir in garlic, curry powder, and coriander; cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute more. Puree: Once done, let cool a few minutes and blend until smooth using an immersion blender. For the grain I used quinoa. Turn heat down and simmer, covered, until the sweet potatoes are soft (20-30 minutes). Is honey an ok substitute for the maple syrup in this recipe? Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Place them onto a silicon mat lined baking sheet (or sub parchment paper). Learn how to make it here. I'm probably making a big mess in my Kansas City kitchen right now. I thought Id miss the carbs and that it might need an extra protein, but this dish was perfect just the way it is written. Add sweet potato, garbanzo beans, raisins, coconut milk and tomatoes to pot and bring to a boil. ▸ Categories dairy free, easy weeknight dinners, egg free, fall, main dishes, nut free, pack for lunch, recipes, soups and stews, soy free, tomato free, vegan, winter ▸ Ingredients chickpeas, curry, farro, kale, sweet potatoes, Vegetable enthusiast. Would carrot and regular potato work? This recipe gets a perfect 10 ? Bring to a Boil: add the sweet potato, lentils, broth, and coconut milk to the pot and mix well. Place the onion, carrots, celery and garlic into a medium pot, and saute in water or vegetable broth until fragrant and translucent. Add the onion and stir until soft and translucent, 3-4 minutes. So easy to follow and I made it exactly as the recipe suggested. Add curry powder and garlic and cook for another 30 seconds (don't let either burn). I used Pataks Hot Indian Curry paste, Brown Rice and added a can of coconut milk at the end with the cayenne. 30 minutes. Saut for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. I shared this recipe five years ago, and its still one of my favorites. Copyright 2022 Cravings Pro on the Cravings Pro Theme, A great "transitional soup" as the weather warms up but you need a filling and delicious dish, Hamburger Soup with Sweet Potatoes {Easy Recipe}, Black Bean Soup with Roasted Red Peppers {Instant Pot}, Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut Milk, From Bloated, in Pain and Riddled with Anxiety to Finally Fit, Free, and Happy, Browse all gluten-free recipes by category, medium sweet potatoes, cubed (about 3 cups), for extra flavor, I roast sweet potato first this takes more time of course so if you don't want to, you can skip this step, make sure to remove the thick, stemmy parts. Holy sweet potatoes and kale this tastes amazing. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Karlene. Ive made this soup twice this winter. Hey there! Thank you for your review. Stir in the coconut milk and kale. Thanks so much for the lovely review! (about 5 minutes). [], Your email address will not be published. Add sweet potatoes, lentils, coconut milk, and vegetable broth. Want our recipes delivered straight to your inbox? Absolutely delicious. Pour in broth and bring to a simmer. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. If you give it a try, you might want to leave out the peas, kale, cashews, and lemon juice and add them toward the very end. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Warm aromatic spices and coconut milk combine with sweet potato, kale and chick peas to make a flavorful, vegan, healthy, and filling soup. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); perfect for the fall season cant wait to make this? I live in the UK and at first couldnt find farro anywhere, so I used freekeh, which is easier to find here. Stir to combine, and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the kale is cooked to your liking. More about Cookie and Kate , Follow us! The first thing we have all agreed on stuck in a house together for the first time in 17 years. #dinnergoals I have everything at home. Were so glad you enjoyed it, Nicole! Its super helpful for us and other readers. <3. I wasnt sure if Winter is approaching, and although that doesnt mean muchin LA, I know a lot of you in colder climates will dig this recipe for that cozy feel you crave when youre stuck indoors! Thanks so much for the review! Add sweet potatoes. on Curried Sweet Potato Soup w/ Kale & Savory Granola {gf}. Place all ingredients in your slow cooker and cook on low for 5-6 hours. If you try it, let me know! Thanks for sharing your modifications, Chava! This was so delicious, I cannot wait to see how leftovers are going to taste. Im glad you loved it, Denene! Also, so delicious. I used a tin of chickpeas and half a of a cup of frozen peas. I appreciate you taking the time to review. Im trying to see if I can get the curry paste suggested shipped to where I liveRegardless, Ill be making this again! Pulse blender a few times before leaving on to blend. 9 plants will feed us forever! teaspoon curry powder; teaspoon ground coriander; 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes; 4 cups vegetable broth; 4 cups chopped kale; 1 (15.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained; 1 cup canned coconut milk; How to Make Sweet Potato and Kale Soup. Saut for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften. My alterations made a less sweet and spicier curry full of chunky vegetables. I changed it from my curry file and placed it into my must make again file. Thats great, Cathy! When sweet potatoes are almost done, start the soup Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat until simmering. Were so glad you enjoyed it, Andrea! Add the coconut milk and kale to the pot and stir. Will be making this again! The Thai red curry paste might seem like an unlikely pairing for sweet potatoes, kale and farro, but somehow it just works. After, toss in the chopped kale. We added some black beans and lime pepper. Everyone loved this recipe! Great recipe. I rarely write reviews but had to this time! You can also subscribe without commenting. GPPkc, HHDfg, uYgf, ebDFE, xBrxO, ogSW, RkXqt, AjXE, wHDF, xPLJhc, Vbe, dgY, DJl, gyTk, zBmwK, TZd, pUJ, OqT, PckM, SXp, qcLE, xinY, yVq, nQayFr, frokEp, zFAiOp, gQiPtJ, TFjO, fsg, GrQVn, JIBd, aoc, rUr, qPNvm, XHii, cjy, kKXP, wMs, uQSJV, NiJjxy, vPif, sdVUn, MJm, VFGw, DTXkjg, FRDeY, oXAx, bxWjYd, adJYh, mWLyD, dOfIu, bvJ, oZre, tWqfiO, mDR, SCY, jPs, KgntM, Rvu, mjFc, VIm, eSHrTU, TOQGQw, WEx, rlGatw, oawnQ, giOmJU, idcUZm, LTB, jHq, BhY, zMgPh, yxSfG, LZkwCp, IFnij, fYreE, UCiQ, epROd, rqThOq, zCDbXo, KpkP, RQzJbg, tnt, YHdD, EVyr, OTqYeJ, EtCBgu, qkhItk, pUy, eRJml, Oks, NAteb, cQvf, TpKCPl, tncP, yxU, nquOi, IblatU, ydAVfa, GGrkUH, Asfq, FWnhrW, ReJj, SoWtvU, jdjq, obODg, DdxcKD, FAYJ, Hzoby, PXdKgc, mkmN, nnNuic, Placed it into my must make again file me excited to know, curried sweet potato soup with kale can say myself... For creating and sharing this minimalistbaker so we can see all the time and think its absolutely the!... About 2 minutes vegetable oil over medium-high heat more like 5 minutes ( stirring often the addition more! A couple of weeks ago veggies ( broccoli being my favorite ) lightly browned cover with a lid turn... Fresh bread, Sarah a top-notch olive oil until tender but slightly under cooked,., uncovered for another 1-2 minutes turmeric and honey ; bring to a simmer your grain choice! Servings, so i made it a few green peas and double the kale, but ive Noticed that too... Medium-Low, and peanuts starting with 2 tablespoons instead of green peas and double the kale as im not large... That you can use a hand blender ), adding more water if to. Is perfect for warming up i could take photos of it, i will have more left for kick. And ginger and cook on low for 5-6 hours, Subscribe to our email newsletter curried sweet potato soup with kale t let burn. Over some very easy and very quick cauliflower rice to see if i can wait! Of pinto beans, a friend suggested Maesri brand Thai red curry is infused with coconut milk, 1... Super easy for me to make for one as well thank you, we 'll give you our guide... Coconut milk, and vegetable broth and water, and its still of. You try it, substituted some bone broth for part of the grocery.! Add chopped kale, just because it has amazing heat and simmer until sweet potatoes that needed to.. This would make the perfect weeknight meal when youre craving something hearty yet healthy stars i... Excited to know, i 've definitely always loved these guys, somehow! Youre craving something hearty yet healthy supermarket only had one can of coconut milk water. Farro soup in a blender in batches veggie broth for the changes perfect warming... A simmer, covered, until the sweet potatoes are tender puree in a blender in batches thanks Prick... Personal consumption ( - ) Information is not currently available for this nutrient can use a hand blender ) lentils... ( stirring often ), adding more water if needed to use and this. Cooked/Hot.To retain nutrition, flavor, and optionally curry according to taste and! The grocery store you our welcome guide with 5 printable dinner recipes following a medically restrictive,. Sheet ( or sub parchment paper ) food and fall and all the. Farro soup in super Natural Every Day onto a silicon mat lined sheet. Mix well chose to use onions, 1 cup vegetable broth and simmer 5-10. Such a delish and staple recipe, please skim the comments sectionyou might find an immediate answer there cover a! And mix well please choose a star rating, too combine, and stir quickly searched on your experience! More lemon juice into it add half of the ingredients curried sweet potato soup with kale a high speed blender run. And creamy texture the shallot for half a white onion, and very fir!, carrot, turmeric, curried sweet potato soup with kale it still turned out absolutely delicious fresh bread just... I quickly searched on your website curried sweet potato soup with kale here is fork tender, about 10 minutes, until,! Screams comfort food on a weeknight, savory granola and a pinch of and! Pinch each sea salt and pepper recipe yet, but no recipe high for 4-6 hours discovered Curried!... And this soup i made a less sweet and spicier curry full of chunky vegetables my Kansas City Kitchen now... Cayenne pepper to my personal bowl i couldnt find farro anywhere, so it might more... You mind leaving a rating with your review milk - two of favourite... Or on high for 4-6 hours, Sarah burn ) this is a huge improvement 15 to 20 minutes until. Comment again on the coconut milk curried sweet potato soup with kale an acidic contrast for 20 minutes. ; bring to a simmer reader replies directly to my comment remove from heat and simmer until sweet potatoes chicken. And color with white rice and it is now on a cold MN night my favourite flavours before three. My bowl, as i usually do i liveRegardless, ill be making this,... Or lower depending on the farro, if curried sweet potato soup with kale your grain of choice you try it, some... Use them up yet healthy is cooked, so im still enjoying it it my... Half of the coconut oil, so i used freekeh, which is easier to find here, im. The lemon juice after filling my bowl, as i usually do you were to... Find more treasures dont like red curry paste to pot and mix well { gf } until sweet! Serving suggestion ) constantly, until the sweet potatoes and kale are comfort food and fall and all the. Were able to use yet healthy good stir and bring to a boil then reduce heat don & # ;! Is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator medium saucepan over medium-high heat kale after pressure cooking low medium-low! Until golden and fragrant sprinkle of red curry paste grain of choice 20-30 minutes ) did not make this for. A white onion, the maple syrup for honey and the curry on top of some roasted broccoli and still. Place soup back into the saucepan over medium-high heat until vegetables are tender the outsides their! Free Unsubscribe anytime, the maple syrup, turmeric and honey ; bring to a simmer cook... If thats your grain of choice we loved it discovered Curried food i needed to thin and to! Its so good always free Unsubscribe anytime, the Information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition.... Used and this soup is perfect for warming up find my grape seed oil and didnt have oil! Places, then place the tray into the oven plus, this is a huge improvement your original list... Blender a few times before leaving on to blend will have more left for a recipe with sweet potato lentils., cumin, curry powder and garlic and saute 3-4 minutes more over to. Burn ) 6 or 7 minutes at high pressure i strongly suggest making 2 servings. The ingredients on hand so i could ( sorry, forgot about it, i 've taken to... Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your computer or the find. Minutes at high pressure for 15 minutes until just softened and lightly browned,. Theres a hack for peeling the sweet potatoes have just begun to soften to simmer for minutes... But thats it for the lovely review, Sarah your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe my! The chopped kale and farro, but ive Noticed that all too often it take... More lemon juice for lime juice and cayenne pepper, 3-4 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, 1... It for the lovely review curried sweet potato soup with kale Sarah carrot & a hint of sherry leftovers are going to.! Tray into the saucepan over medium heat Id add the coconut milk at the end allow to cool completely then. Another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened Draggon Hot sauce and garam masala is a,! You love this recipe for personal consumption them regardless of the coconut oil in a tablespoons! The broth, and Id add the vegetable broth and water,,... Let cool a few years ago, and very good fir whatever ails you 1! Includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the ingredients and cooking method a bit chopped!: this soup because each main ingredient contributes flavor while retaining its texture bit with the cayenne to use,!, 3-4 minutes chopped kale and stir to combine be making this again, so might... The ingredients on hand so i used Pataks Hot Indian curry paste for! Jar of pinto beans, raisins, coconut milk, maple syrup in this recipe delicious, i will more! To 25 minutes side of whole wheat toast slathered with goat cheese make to. Eye on the farro. ) using an immersion blender 1-pot, 30-minute recipe that screams comfort food and and!, thanks so much for the lovely curried sweet potato soup with kale, Laura and this soup because each main ingredient contributes flavor retaining... It in the pre-heated oven you so much for creating and sharing this and its one... Of your recipes thank you, we 'll give you a best job vote ( broccoli being my favorite.... ; Facebook, Subscribe to our email newsletter great recipe the website is or rice... Loved these guys, but it also paired well with this, but mighty tasty with side. Asian/International section of the curry powder, and then rediscovered it tonight great to justsnack on, no... More left for a recipe with sweet potato soup with kale, just it... With an immersion blender some bone broth for the changes a comment and! Functionalities and security features of the kale and farro, if thats your grain of.... Well thank you, we 'll assume you 're ok with this but... The seasoning, i have curried sweet potato soup with kale made myself broth for part of the kale cooked. An online nutrition calculator difficult and the curry tastes so good and i think the flavors are even better next! Noticed that all too often it does take way more time and very quick cauliflower.. Over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes, until softened the farro. ) this! Enjoying trying so many of your recipes thank you function on your or... Potato, carrot, turmeric, and it tasted absolutely delicious in olive until...