hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland

This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Si reservo ahora para mayo, me devuelven el dinero si cancelo antes y no puedo ir ? Second, I found the paperwork, gave the keys to the Avis rep, he said he would get it South from there, and I had nothing further to do. So, cheers or as they say in Scotland, Slinte mhath!. A guided walk through Downtown Montreals haunted bars, a forgotten graveyard, hotels rife with paranormal activity, and other locations where ghosts have been spotted! On average a hire car in Edinburgh costs 32 per day. Maria, Hi there, Pickup and drop off at the airport was very easy. Become a beOne member now free of charge, save your preferences and book with a single click. He made frequent stops for photos, food, and toilet needs. A mix of bold design and distinct comfort, Market Street offers a fresh take on contemporary style and community, inspired by its unique setting with captivating views and alluring interiors that embody the citys rich heritage. We recommend always be aware of your coverage when hiring a car in Edinburgh. Scotland. Could not have asked for anything better!! St, This is the longest day trip in Europe, so as long as your are prepared for that, its great! Drop off with John at Avis was really great! I couldn't find the office or where to pick up the car. They cant see th Waldorf Dear JCS553, Thank you for choosing to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian and for sharing your feedback. Scotlands capital city, Edinburgh is renowned for its heritage, culture, and festivals. Unfortunately, I got an email from Avis telling me I was in breach of contract because the car hadn't been returned. We were 32 people on the bus. It was difficult to determine that was the place we needed to pick up the car. Standard 30/day. Please check in with Highland Experience staff inside/outside Caffe Nero by 8.15am. Own or manage this property? They don't let you pay for the car using a credit card that has flat numbers. Here's where to get the best lunch, views, cocktails, adventures near our Dublin location. In order to take advantage of all the features on this website, please. Car hire companies that offer shuttle or pick-up services from Turnhouse airport to off-airport locations include INTERRENT, GREEN MOTION, Easirent, Alamo, Avis, Europcar, Enterprise, Sixt, Budget and Hertz. Kind regards, Everything went smooth and the people were very friendly and helpful. Discover the best hostels nearby- thousands of affordable hostels in central locations with over 8 million reviews from like-minded travellers Please see our partners for more details. Please see our partners for more details. Paulina will be thrilled to hear about your comments! Plasters and painters outside when we were there too. It overlooked Princes Street and the current Christmas market/fair. Indulge yourself at the Waldorf Astoria Spa, a sanctuary of luxury and relaxation, home to four treatment rooms, an indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and two gyms. The walls of our One Lounge are decorated with sheep sculptures by artist Marie Talalaeff. There are more places to choose from in the, Frequently Asked Questions about Market Street Hotel. Our cosy box spring beds guarantee you a dreamy nights sleep, but if youre struggling to drift off, why not try counting sheep? Avoid Uber or at least confirm with them in advance where you are. We are putting together your booking.Please be patient! Staff was helpful, courteous and efficient. In order to take advantage of all the features on this website, please. 336 travellers who hired a car in Edinburgh gave the car agency they used an average rating of 6.5, Car hire prices as pick-up date approaches. We had a superbly equipped vista room on a higher floor. Terrible insurance policy. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Search prices for Arnold Clark, Easirent, National, Ofran Holiday Autos, Sunnycars and Thrifty. Hour wait in line, overwhelmed agents. View without logging in. We cant wait to welcome you within our historic walls, positioned against the beautiful backdrop of Edinburghs Old Town (which, by the way, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site). Kind regards, An eventful stay at the Waldorf Astoria, which I wouldnt describe as modern luxury or 5*.. check in is stated as from 3pm, however the room was not ready and we were left hanging around for 45 minutes with no update on timescales, just that were working on it. Thanks again to all the team, especially Catherine and Ria Anne, for. When I arrived I was told that the car I had reserved many weeks in advance would not be ready for quite some time, but I could upgrade for minimal cost. Very good value for money. Professional, helpful and friendly staff. The location--(non)ease of getting to rental site; the attitude of the clerk; the unavailability of the type vehicle we thought we had ordered; the flat tire on the car when it was brought to us, the gigantic extra cost to get another vehicle; the non-working GPS we paid dearly for, the cavalier treatment we got when we asked for adjustment for the GPS, etc, etc. We originally chose this company because it was the only one that let children younger than 5 go on the tour. The last train home got cancelled so we booked in on short notice - the reception team were great and upgraded me to a better room straight away. Our room was a little smaller than last time - this time we were in 216 - but we were hardly in the room so it didnt matter. It was many miles from the correct location. I felt as if every member of staff knew why we were visiting and went out of their way to make us feel amazing. Our guide Chris was f, Steaphan B was a good driver. We had a glass of champagne each night and walked out for dinner. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. What are some restaurants close to Market Street Hotel? Loch Lomond, Stirling Castle and the Kelpies from Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Scottish Highlands, Glencoe & Pitlochry Tour from Edinburgh, Outlander film location tour - visit five Outlander locations, Loch Lomond, Kelpies & Stirling Castle Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Glencoe and the Highlands Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh, Small Group Royal Mile Walking Tour with Optional Entry to Edinburgh Castle, West Highland Lochs, Mountains & Castles from Edinburgh, Rosslyn Chapel and Hadrian's Wall Very Small Group Tour from Edinburgh, Loch Ness and the Highlands Very Small Group Tour from Edinburgh, Loch Ness, Glencoe & The Highlands Day Trip from Edinburgh, Isle of Skye, The Highlands and Loch Ness- 3 Day Group Tour from Edinburgh, Scottish Highlands, Loch Ness and Glen Coe Day Trip from Edinburgh, 3-Day Isle of Skye and Highlands Tour from Edinburgh, Whisky Distillery Trifecta - Macallan - Glenfiddich - Glenlivet - Private Tour, St Andrews & the Fishing Villages of Fife Small-Group Day Tour from Edinburgh, 3-Day Isle of Skye and Scottish Highlands Small-Group Tour from Edinburgh, 3-Day Isle of Skye Inverness Highlands and Glenfinnan Viaduct Tour from Edinburgh, Full-Day Trip to Loch Ness and the Scottish Highlands with Lunch from Edinburgh, City Sightseeing Edinburgh Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour, Loch Ness Glencoe and The Highlands from Edinburgh, Glenfinnan, Glencoe and Fort William Full-Day Tour from Edinburgh, This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher, Transport by air-conditioned mini-bus (up to 32 seats), Hotel pickup and drop off at the beginning and end of the tour, Caff Nero, 1 Parliament Square, 192 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1RF, UK We hope to welcome you back in the future. So I deducted one star because of the organisation of the tour by the office. Latest prices: Economy 10/day. Improve this listing. Drop off was a better experience, that particular person was not there. I'm delighted to see that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and many thanks for your kind words in regards to the staff being excellent. I am delighted to hear that you had yet another magical stay, this one sounds like it was a truly memorable experience for you both. Not given the car booked. Which company provides 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh? Yes, pets are typically allowed, but it's always best to call ahead to confirm. fruit & nut snacks. Please begin the reservation process again. Scotlands capital has gradually transformed itself, and is now one of the UKs most popular destinations. Please select your reason for travelling so that we can show you the correct price. We're delighted to hear you had a great time travelling with Jamie! We're delighted to hear you had a great time travelling with us! The car was ok, dropoff without probems. Privacy Policy and Downtown and the possibility to use the Pool of the other Apex hotel. Sincerely, I genuinely don't know where to start with this review because we had the most magical stay. Edinburgh 3342 hotels. Staff was attentive, breakfast was wonderful, and the bar with the wonderful views was a welcome respite to relax with wine and appetizers. A Economy car hire in Edinburgh costs 10 per day, on average. Unfortunately, the hotel you have chosen is fully booked. Own or manage this property? A Mini car hire in Edinburgh costs 7 per day, on average. thankful for automatic transmission for first time driving in UK. GREAT hotel! It makes all the difference to be welcomed with a smile. You can get a pint of Guinness as soon as you arrive! They claim this is because when they make a physical copy of the card, the numbers don't show up, and their insurance "doesn't like that". At Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh The Caledonian you can also experience the grandeur of the Peacock Alley, formerly the station concourse and ticket office, now a luxurious lounge offering light lunch, Traditional and Champagne Afternoon Tea, and elegant evening drinks. The bar was beautiful and the view spectacular. Maria, Hi there, The reservation says "B&B Superior Double Room: Double room for 2 persons with private bathroom". Please change the dates of your stay or choose another one of our hotels. Barry still figured it out but the confusion and the fear that everything would be alright at the end of the day was always present. Please start a new search. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Great company, friendly staff. Admire some of the best views in Edinburgh from the luxurious guestrooms and suites and dine at Scottish fine dining restaurant Grazing by Mark Greenaway. The hotel is also well situated for exploring old and new Edinburgh. An airport rail link is a service providing passenger rail transport from an airport to a nearby city by mainline or commuter trains, rapid transit, people mover, or light rail.Direct links operate straight to the airport terminal, while other systems require an intermediate use of people mover or shuttle bus.. I think its safe to say that neither I know any of the 30 odd other passengers on this tour will ever forget him. He had a wealth of knowledge about Scotlands history and other stories. Stuart and all of our team will be thrilled to hear that you felt so well looked after. Our driver Barry was one of the highlights of the tour! If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. Great value. If you fancy a breath of fresh air but dont have time to get from Edinburgh to the Highlands, how about climbing up Arthurs Seat in Holyrood Park? Additionally, the star rating of the hotel and the kinds of Edinburgh is an old and historic city with many small roads and alleys, and that means that larger vehicles are at a real disadvantage. The car was to come with a GPS but it wasnt installed. Show more Show less. We booked as a treat to ourselves and loved every minute of our luxurious experience. However, if you are set on parking directly downtown, then you will find that parking garages are your best bet as streetside parking is very limited. The mattress wasnt the most comfortable and on our second day they forgot to clean our room despite us leaving. Hotel is ok and great position. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Edinburgh, Public Transportation Systems in Edinburgh, Game & Entertainment Centers in Edinburgh, Observatories & Planetariums in Edinburgh, National Museum of Scotland: Tickets & Tours, Camera Obscura and World of Illusions: Tickets & Tours, Palace of Holyroodhouse: Tickets & Tours, The Scotch Whisky Experience: Tickets & Tours, The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo: Tickets & Tours, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh: Tickets & Tours, Edinburgh Gin Distillery: Tickets & Tours, The Real Mary King's Close: Tickets & Tours, Speedboat Whale Watching in Reykjavik Iceland - Small group, All Niagara Falls USA Tour And Maid of Mist Boat Ride, The 13 Keys Scavenger Hunt- Very Merry Nights of Lights, Gaucho Day Tour Ranch in San Antonio de Areco from Buenos Aires, Private Guided Standup Paddle Experience in Perast, 8-Hour Golf Cart Rental in South Padre Island for 4 Passengers, Kyrgyzstan 3 Days Issyk Kul Lake Round Tour, Buffet Dinner Cruise including Transfer from Abu Dhabi, 4-Day Pacific Northwest National Parks Tour from Seattle, Discover and book 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh on Tripadvisor, Go with a guide who can navigate and tell local stories, Free time to explore certain locations at your own pace, Four nights of accommodation and breakfast included, Small group size ensures a personalized experience. The total we paid ended up being similar to other bigger, name brand car rental companies, but it was just frustrating that this was advertised as a "discount" car company. We do hope to welcome you on another tour soon. Login to A List Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh City Centre. Best wishes, He was completely unapologetic and uncaring. These guys far exceeded expectations on every level. The hotel is spotless and the 7th floor reception and restaurant area with views towards Princess Street has just been decorated for Christmas, which is lovely. I am pleased to see that in general you enjoyed your time with us. Robert Louis Stevenson, of Treasure Island fame, once said, "There are no stars so lovely as Edinburgh street lamps, and youll quickly agree if you tour the town in the evening. Dear Inspire02268975830, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Waldorf Astoria, The Caledonian. Please start a new search. Perfect location. Please note that the exchange rates shown here are for guidance purposes only. The average price of fuel in Edinburgh is 6.00 per litre over the past 30 days. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Best wishes, Email +44 131 555 1755. We did the 5 day Scottish Choice tour with Jamie in June. What food & drink options are available at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? Staff is the friendliest. The Lamb pies and Hot Smoked Salmon were both heavenly. So nice to see such professionalism. The star of the week was definitely the many sites we visited and our Tour Guide, Jamie! Gostaria de saber como fao para comprar o tour em libras ou dlar porque meu carto de crdito no aceita compras internacionais convertidos para Real (R$). Very friendly and accommodating. I am sorry to hear however, that you did not enjoy your initial room experience. Is Market Street Hotel located near the city center? Best of Scotland indeed! Email +44 131 634 0023. author of Sherlock Holmes, has a special relationship with Montreal and its paranormal phenomena! We do hope to see you again soon! 2022. What a wonderful apartment, large, comfortable with a castle view. Stayed for one night during a trip round Scotland. My only tiny tiny little criticism is that the hotel bar closed by around 10.15pm on the nights we were there. Once we finally got to an agent, waited another half hour for car to be cleaned. A gem of a hotel in the Old Town of Edinburgh, This was a wonderful hotel. the place feel cozy. We visited this time because we were getting married (eloping!) Boutique Hotels in Edinburgh; Downtown Edinburgh Hotels; Luxury Spa Hotels Edinburgh; Cheap Hostels in Edinburgh; Budget Hotels in Edinburgh; Edinburgh, Scotland . We're glad you had a pleasant experience on your tour and we're always looking for ways to make our trips more enjoyable for our passengers so your response is greatly appreciated. Sample some of Scotlands finest whisky from the collection of over 100 malts and bends at The Caley Bar. That really cut into, Awesome tour!! The service was really lacking, the rental office looks like an old shed, and the staff is dishonest, trying to charge you for "damage" to the vehicle that clearly was there when you picked up the car. Due to the high fuel costs, smaller vehicles are much more economical as well. Brighton & Hove 854 hotels. Definitely not worth the hassle to save a few bucks. Loved 60 mpg with the hybrid. The shower was probably the best Ive used! Which languages are spoken by the staff at Market Street Hotel? Can you help Kayak, 1. pick-up was very trying. Every member of staff is a true credit to the hotel. Dear trav23scot, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian. Please try again later. The second room we stayed in seemed to be the coldest room in the hotel, with a mini bar labelled charge upon opening which is fine, if theres actually anything in it. Staff good. The free mini-bar and treats, which are replenished daily, is a nice touch. This is quite a fast paced tour but you get to see alot of the highlights of the country. Excellent gas mileage, handled well, and was absolutely impeccable when we picked it up. You will receive periodic emails from Point A with special offers, but we pinky promise never to spam. Stockholm 436 hotels. We have reviews of the best places to see in Stirling. Steven B, our Scottish guide, very helpful and commuminat, We took the tour in November. 6 Market Street, Edinburgh EH1 1DE Scotland. Total lack of transparency regarding the daily price. Overall it was an experience, but not one Id be happy to recommend if you're looking for a luxury retreat, or one I'd be desperate to repeat anytime soon. The car had connectivity issues. Youre sure to be impressed by the central location of our design hotel, just a few side streets away from the famous Royal Mile. its not on my booking receipt. We called for a light lunch and were very pleased with what we received at the Rooftop Bar lovely wine and small plates. Compact 21/day. We had the best guideJamie, who did an amazing job of showing us the usual tourist sites and some of his favorite, little-known spots. From check in to check out we were treated like royalty. Maria, Hi there, Congratulations again and see you in January! But, what made this tour really great was our tour guide Jamie. Overall this was a great stay and an easy way to use a free night credit. I felt pressured to upgrade to a car model that I did not need for my trip. You'll find everything from handmade decorations to warm cashmere scarves. Shows hotels and stays actively taking safety measures like added sanitation procedures, mask-wearing guidelines, and more. A lot of that was due to our fantastic guide, Jamie Stewart, who went beyond being a guide and turned out to be someone whose personality, knowledge, charisma, and interpretive gifts touched all of us profoundly. I mean, who can resist free tea cakes! One of the best Hiltons I've ever stayed at. Dont take it from us heres what people have to say about this operator. Service was good and I would recommend it for you to try. Van was perfect for 8 people to tour Scotland. Mini (Hyundai i10 or similar) is the most frequently booked car hire type in Edinburgh. Edinburgh car rentals: Search for cheap car rentals in Edinburgh with KAYAK and rent a car that suits you best. View deals from $51 per night, see photos and read reviews for the best Edinburgh hotels from travellers like you - then compare today's prices from up to 200 sites on Tripadvisor. There are more places to choose from in the, hilton international edinburgh, hilton edinburgh, edinburgh hilton, Frequently Asked Questions about Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian. Our interior is just as special: a rustic yet regal style rubs shoulders with the nature and panoramas of the Scottish Highlands. Cant really find anything to fault about our experience. This was interspersed with different music selections that were either of Scottish musicians or somehow related to the topic at hand. Hotel employees are friendly and helpful with anything you need. The empty string is the special case where the sequence has length zero, so there are no symbols in the string. However, concierge were terrible and really affected my post treatment experience. Then, when I used Bing to find the address of the Sixt office in Edinburgh, the first address than came up was incorrect. The was simply not true. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. Great pace for the journey. Good availability and great rates. Tripadvisor gives a Travelers Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travelers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. 20 mph is the standard speed limit for residential, city center, and shopping areas in Edinburgh. That was good. They are all a credit to the hotel and the Hilton group, Lovely treatments in the spa - shame concierge let them down. Kind regards, Couples stay to visit Christmas markets and relax. What a beautiful adventure! Strong WiFi signal and big communal lounge which made work easy to get done. Oh, and the beds are AMAZING!!!! Our Design Hotels are also within close reach of other sights such as Holyrood Palace, the John Knox House and the Canongate Tolbooth. My confirmation email was never sent to me, and the actual price at the counter appeared to be more than my reservation price. Conveniently located restaurants include French Creperie Le Petit Cafe, Dine, and Dean Banks At The Pompadour. SCAM. Should you be in the mood for a shop, head to the boutiques and department stores of nearby Princes Street after visiting the Old Town. Maria. Hotels in Scotland. As a beOne member , youll enjoy a number of other benefits: "My husband and I stayed here for four nights. We had a very short visit to Scotland visiting cities and wanted to see the highlands. Not a thing. We had a selection of share plates for dinner in the restaurant and could not fault the food or the service - everything was delicious, and the staff were attentive and helpful. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. From before we arrived to the moment we left the service was absolutely impeccable. The hotel had a real festive feel and the breakfast ( always my favourite meal) offered a good choice. Next up, an annoying clicking sound on the air conditioning unit ensured about a 3 hour sleep was had. The only grace, if you can call it that, is that we were not the only disgruntled customers in line when we returned the car. They are now trying to charge us for the damage. And they upped the rate by 50%. I couldnt connect my mobile phone to charge it or use its map. Breakfast for diamond members is also excellent - I got the eggs Florentine. Gorgeous. Anything facing the castle would be a little louder - but with an amazing view. As we were leaving early in the morning, we were offered a breakfast box in our room instead of going to the restaurant for breakfast. It took over 2 hours to get a 5Series BMW. Also the drop off should have been described, since in that airport it is rather convoluted. Signs to get to the check in and check out were not posted well. We arrived early and our room wasnt ready but they kept our bags for us and they were in the room when we checked in later in the day. Things to Do in Stirling, Scotland: See Tripadvisor's 94,526 traveller reviews and photos of Stirling tourist attractions. A car was available for me to drive. Parking is quite limited in the city center and, to encourage drivers to park outside of it, Edinburgh offers a number of Park & Ride Centers where drivers can park for free and then catch public transport into the city center. Barry had the right balance of speaking as a guide at the right time and allowing periods of silence to enable everyone to absorb the atmospheric scenery. Barry did a great job with funny facts, historical stories and always being blunt with us if some points on the itinerary wouldnt be the greatest and offered us alternatives. On average a car hire in Edinburgh costs 226 per week (32 per day). Formerly called Auld Reekie by locals, Edinburgh is no longer the grey, industrial stronghold of its reputation. Already made a reservation for a birthday next year!! Hotel was lovely and clean. I am glad to hear that you did like your second room. Access to flexible rates, with 24 hours cancellation policy, Exclusive offers and deals with our A List partners, You'll be signed up to the A List mailing list, 20% off stays annually across our 9 hotels, Guaranteed early check in (11am) OR late check out (2pm). In the end the minimal cost turned out to be much more. Additionally, the telephone number on the certificate of insurance was in the USA and I felt that it would be difficult to organise a claim if it were needed. Which attractions will I visit with 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh? Things to Do in Edinburgh, Scotland: See Tripadvisor's 1,600,856 traveller reviews and photos of Edinburgh tourist attractions. We ate lunch on one of the days - this was a first for us - but the bite size snacks are delicious. Please try again later. Took the train up from London and started our UK vacation in Edinburgh. His driving, music and guiding was impeccable. Guests can enjoy a rooftop bar, an on-site restaurant, and a lounge during their stay. What is the 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh cancellation policy? Located at downtown East Princes Street Gardens and George Street, in the heart of the city, it spreads a festive atmosphere and ensures excellent Christmas shopping. A breathtaking tour of the Highlands; Steven B. was a fabulous guide! It was very clean and furnished to the highest standard. Before we had even checked out, we booked our next stay for January 2022! Follow the Royal Mile a while to the Camera Obscura tower where a living image of the city is projected onto a table, and visitors can wonder at interactive optical illusions as well as the great views from the roof terrace. Our B&B accomodations were very sub-standard with the exception of our final night and that was excellent. No mention at the counter. From either hotel, youre just minutes away from the cobbled Royal Mile, which connects the Castle and the Palace. Be careful chasing a room - room 300 is nice, room 308/9 more budget hotel in style. Tyres were under-inflated, brakes were grinding and interior had been cleaned, but drivers seat was dirty. There are umpteen pubs, restaurants and cafs near our hotel, too. They couldn't do enough for you. Members of the The San Diego Union-Tribune Editorial Board and some local writers share their thoughts on 2022. author of Sherlock Holmes, has a special relationship with Montreal and its paranormal phenomena! Find hotels near Edinburgh Waverley station, UK online. Some accommodations didnt work out, once for me, several other times for other guests. The lobby is on 7th floor where the CHAMPAGNE bar is with the best view! Sent many miles out of our way to exchange car. What are some of the property amenities at Market Street Hotel? The room also has a safe, clothes steamer, Dyson hairdryer, and hair straightener. We had to drive around for 10 min trying to find it, and luckily saw the tiny Hertz sign upon leaving the airport. Read reviews Edinburgh, Scotland . Had I known that, I would have put it with the other confirmations and information that I was toting around instead of panicking. This is a scam. The time of year you travel plays a big role, with cheap hotel rooms being more common during the off-season. Highly recommended! Kind regards, The room decor is modern and cozy, a range of greys and perky turquoise accents. The Royal Botanic Garden, Princes Street, the Scott Monument and John Knox House are also just a short walk away. Compact 11/day. This is a modern and tastefully furnished hotel. They are simply amazing. Would definitely not recommend. Historical on the outside, modern within: this is the Motel One Edinburgh-Royal, located right in the heart of the Scottish capital. Lodging booked by the company was very satisfactory every night, no complaints. Travelers' Choice. We do hope this does not deter you from visiting us again in the future, however, if you do wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Edinburgh, Pet Friendly Hotels in Broughton & Calton, Hotels near Liquorice Tree Gifts Edinburgh. The spa offers pampering treatments for men and women, for reviving and healing, or just for pure indulgence. The concierge Stuart was a fountain of knowledge and helped us organise ourselves on several occasions. This was a wonderful tour. This booking was made with your A List account.Please log in to mange this booking. Would have liked navigation connectivity with phone. Some of the more popular amenities offered include a rooftop bar, free wifi, and an on-site restaurant. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and trust you had a memorable experience, as we greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide us and our team will be thrilled to hear you felt cared for and valued during your stay with us. Yes, dry cleaning and laundry service are offered to guests. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Don't miss out on great discounts and city-enhancing perks. Hotel was immaculate. Motel One has two locations in Edinburgh, ready to welcome you at both central, popular Design Hotels each with individual interiors, friendly service and free WiFi. Keep in mind that car hire insurances often have a deductible clause, which is the amount youll have to pay if something happens during the time of your hire. Hi there, Car. First, I was not told that I would need to keep the copy of the paperwork stating our agreement to give to the Avis rep on Orkney. We trust you had a safe onward journey and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Book online now and enjoy plenty of benefits, *Not applicable during exhibition and event periods. Upon return tried to ding me for a problem with tire. The shower leaked, the heating was intermittent and lastly we stayed two nights and the room was not once serviced! The days were full and packed of great scenery & information. Motel One Career Events | Meet us in person. 2. Unacceptable customer experience with Sixt. I am not satisfied with this rental at all. I had difficulty finding both the pickup location in St. Pancras, London and the dropoff location in Edinburgh. Tailor-made trips in Scotland. A sensational tour, made more so by our guide. We went to gorgeous places; you will have good memories to keep for many years. Bournemouth 403 hotels. Book your family holiday in Scotland with Rough Guides Tailor-Made Trips. Discover our new hotel and our new brand: Prepare to be delighted by The Cloud One New York-Downtown! They made me sign a complex disclaimer before I could take the car. Discover a place of passion, inspiration and creativity where you can connect with our city and carve your own path. He even granted a special request & drove a couple of us back to the Old Man of Storr one evening so we can do more hiking. First of all, we had chosen the option, Fantastic experience! Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh The Caledonian, built in 1903, is one of Edinburghs most significant landmarks. I had to walk around and ask in several buildings before I found the St. Pancras office. I also loved his animated storytelling mixed with his awesome playlist of traditional & contemporary Scottish/other music. We're delighted to hear you had a great time with Rory! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Below are lists of the top 10 contributors to committees that have raised at least $1,000,000 and are primarily formed to support or oppose a state ballot measure or a candidate for state office in the November 2022 general election. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. The breakfast boxes were so big we could have shared one between us; it included yogurt, cereal, fruit, and pastries. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our. Beautiful Highland scenery, even without the sun. They offered an exchange but no compensation for the hassle of returning the car. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our, Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria. The hotel search is not available at this moment. 2) I requested an automatic transmission and got a stick 3) there was a huge scratch in the rear passenger door 4) There was no return sign at the Inverness airport for Hertz, all the other rental car agencies were represented but not Hertz. We would love to see you again soon! more, 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh. Nearby attractions include National Museum of Scotland (0.3 miles), Edinburgh Old Town (0.2 miles), and Camera Obscura and World of Illusions (0.3 miles). My cancellation might have been processed. We also missed our flight to the hotel and the Caledonian staff was kind enough to help move our reservation. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and trust you had a memorable experience here in beautiful Edinburgh. If we are back in Edinburgh, we would definitely go back. Are there any historical sites close to Market Street Hotel? We are putting together your booking.Please be patient! Everything was siple and convenient, Information about insurance policies on web-site, This is a bait and switch operation that hits you with a laundry list of hidden charges once you arrive. The bus does not have Wifi. We strive to deliver the highest service and standards to all our guests; I am sorry to see that we let you down on this occasion. Weather permitting, the parallel Princes Street Gardens are a nice spot for a stroll and a sit down. Take an Edinburgh underground vaults tour with older kids to explore beneath the Old Town. My booking voucher said holidayauto and the desk said Europcar. The person on desk day I arrived was rude and tried to upsell me. During this experience, places you will visit include: How much is 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh? Dear Ben_shope, Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. The guy was in the back office and didn't come out but the assistant manager assured me that I was invited to inspect the tyres beforehand. Lovely hotel in a great location. Is parking available at Market Street Hotel? View deals from 42 per night, see photos and read reviews for the best Edinburgh hotels from travellers like you - then compare today's prices from up to 200 sites on Tripadvisor. The address given in the confirmation led me to a place where we were told easirent was no longer located. What food & drink options are available at Market Street Hotel? Your comments regarding the Reception Team will be forwarded to the Front of House Manager to be addressed accordingly and for immediate improvements. We're delighted to hear you had a great time with Barry! About Our Coalition. Please begin the reservation process again. I would recommend this great tour to anyone interested in some of the best that Scotland has to offer. Ordered E-Class Ort similar and they offenes a BMW 3Series. When I told him that the pre-rental check of the car only included the bodywork and that the guy mentioned that damage to the wheels was normal and didn't count, he said he'd check with the guy that I picked the car up from. His images really come into their own in the bedrooms, hung above the headboards covered in Motel One tartan fabric. We do hope to welcome you on another tour soon. What a beautiful country! Each and every member of staff were polite and helpful to the absolute extreme. The room was excellent. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. I consent to being added to the A-List members database. Nearly all its sights are within walking distance of our centrally-located Design Hotels. Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Please select your reason for travelling so that we can show you the correct price. If you have questions about accessibility, wed be happy to help. This is a scam to force you into buying their car insurance, which was very frustrating. The view was great and inside the restaurant had a lovely atmosphere, An outstanding small hotel with great staff and food/drinks, This was our second visit and it was even better than the first. Looking for car hire in Edinburgh? At in fact around a mile long, its peppered with impressive architecture, seamed by countless narrow alleyways and hidden passages. Are any cleaning services offered at Market Street Hotel? Didnt know what to expect when we booked, but what a gem. Take a long walk around the center to explore the World Heritage Sites of the Old Town and New Town, as well as all the areas museums and galleries. Staff were warm and knowledgeable. The month of June specifically. We were treated to an upgrade in the sir Walter Scott suite. We were charged much more than was quoted. My only regret is due to a change in our travel plans; we only had one night here instead of the two we had originally planned. Is there a way to retrieve it from the website? Staff were friendly and helpful. Things to Do in Inverness, Scotland: See Tripadvisor's 187,070 traveler reviews and photos of Inverness tourist attractions. There was NO wifi available. The distinguished name of this Motel One comes from Princes Street, Edinburghs main shopping street. Is parking available at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? Save even more - Get up to 25% on select hotels and earn double the points when you book on the app. When I returned the car, the assistant manager went straight to one tyre and pointed out a couple of dents in the tyre wall that he claims I must have caused as the tyres were in perfect condition before the rental. We strive to deliver the highest service and standards to all our guests; I am sorry to see that we let you down on this occasion. Good if you are arriving by train into Waverley station. Peacock Alley at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. Manila 4812 hotels. Car hire companies onsite at Turnhouse airport include INTERRENT, GREEN MOTION, Easirent, Alamo, Goldcar Rental SP, Avis, Europcar, Enterprise, Sixt and Budget. We were upgraded instantly to the most incredible suite and each day surprises were left for us such bottles of champagne, chocolates, rose petals etc. They are like sleeping in a cloud! Find what to do today, this weekend, or in December. See more questions & answers about this hotel from the Tripadvisor community. Hotels near Edinburgh Castle Hotels near Royal Mile Hotels near Royal Yacht Britannia Hotels near National Museum of Scotland Hotels near Arthur's Seat Hotels near The Real Mary King's Close Hotels near Edinburgh Old Town Hotels near Camera Obscura and World of Illusions Hotels near Palace of Holyroodhouse Hotels near Calton Hill Our room was beautifully prepared by the lovely Paulina, who left a hand written note on a gorgeous painted card to welcome us. The Royal Mile is lined with neo-classical frontages and imposing columns, testament to Edinburghs storied history, while the geometrically laid-out new town reflects the precise planning and development of the 18th century. Great staff both times I had to go there, solved issue right away. 1. I have to say, what a wonderfully warm welcome was received on arrival at the market Street Hotel in Edinburgh. Our room was cozy but very comfortable. Thank you for your shining feedback - We're delighted to hear you had a great time with Jamie! No handover, just thrown the keys. Inside, you can find out about the world of Edinburgh gone by, enjoy the view across Princes Street Gardens, and jump at the the One O'clock Gun. Fortunately we have a cell phone with us and the charge cord fits. It is highly recommended that visitors to the city rent a compact or midsize vehicle, especially when streetside parking is taken into consideration. Getting to your royal residence in Edinburgh is a breeze its within walking distance of Edinburgh Waverley station and a mere bus ride from Edinburgh Airport. Of course, the suite (Walter Scott) was impeccable and classically decorated. Now $173 (Was $221) on Tripadvisor: Market Street Hotel, Edinburgh. Dear Mark H, thank you for the glowing review. Overall my experience with them and the was wonderful. No need to worry about logistics: Overnight accommodations, breakfast, and transport are included. We were offered money off our food + drinks bill on departure, as a good will gesture, however would have preferred the good hospitality we were hoping for throughout. We're so pleased to hear that you felt right at home at Market Street hotel and were able to appreciate the interiors as much as we do! Thank you very much for taking the time to review your tour with us. Carbis Bay 68 hotels. The car worked great and the nav system was fully functional - had some weird settings that we couldnt figure out how to turn off. Conveniently located restaurants include Makars Gourmet Mash Bar, Howies Waterloo Place, and The Haggis Box. Things to Do in Edinburgh, Scotland: See Tripadvisor's 1,577,867 traveler reviews and photos of Edinburgh tourist attractions. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google This issue has not been resolved and is currently my only frustration with the rental. We prebooked/prepaid a class and the end charge was double what we expected. Some car hire companies in Edinburgh which have updated their car rental health and safety policies due to COVID-19 to make sure vehicles are clean and disinfectedinclude Alamo, Avis and Europcar. I finally just gave up and rented from another servicer/company. We recommend calling ahead to confirm details. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5256ULTIM5, Enjoyable 1 Day tour of Stirling Castle, Loch Lomond, Whiskey Distillery, Great day visiting the Highlands and Loch Ness, Scottish highlands and beautiful isle of skye. Confirmation will be received at time of booking, Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level, Luggage restriction: 1 suitcase 55x40x20cm - 15 kg & 1 backpack/handbag per person, Children must be accompanied by an adult. Now 90 on Tripadvisor: Brooks Hotel Edinburgh, Edinburgh. Price for car is very Good, but they push you buy everythig. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Beginning of dialogue window. One from Canada and one from Brazil. After a long day of traveling, the huge shower was an absolute luxury! The car, while small for someone 64, was comfortable and had all the necessary amenities (except sat nav). 2,612 Reviews . the price for 10 years kid. From regal Georgian squares and picture-perfect streets to bustling pubs serving pints of the black stuff, Irelands cheery capital is a treasure trove of unforgettable attractions and experiences. Prices are calculated as of 05/12/2022 based on a check-in date of 18/12/2022. Or, you could head to a nearby whisky distillery and get a real taste of Scotland, in the truest sense of the word. Maria, Hi there, If it weren't for the incredibly cheap rates, there's no way this place would be in business. 5-Day Best of Scotland Experience from Edinburgh is hosted by Highland Experience Tours. The staff speaks multiple languages, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish, and Dutch. Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Features, Princes Street, Edinburgh EH1 2AB Scotland. There is a minimum stay of {count} nights. Please try another hotel or set of dates. We are delighted to hear you had an amazing time with Jamie. Car alarm broken - went off dozens of times 3. The Christmas market in Edinburgh brings in the holiday spirit to the Scottish capital in mid-November. We do hope to welcome you on another tour soon. Terms of Service apply. We made a same-day reservation and when we showed up, the agent wouldn't honor the reservation. He is such a genuine and warm guy who made sure each person was having great time. Top room amenities include a minibar, air conditioning, and a flat screen TV. journey an e, Brilliantly done! The trains were still problematic after checking out the next day so Catherine (one of the front desk managers) offered to let me use one of their rooms till 6pm that day, an extremely generous and kind gesture. Got to be one of the best hotels in Scotland. 0.3 miles from Edinburgh Castle. Many travelers enjoy visiting Palace of Holyroodhouse (0.7 miles), The Real Mary King's Close (0.08 miles), and Edinburgh Vaults (0.1 miles). I have to write this last bit to exceed the minimum word count. The attendant at the Edinburgh airport was friendly and helpful, Getting use to driving on the left side of the road. We have reviews of the best places to see in Inverness. What are some of the property amenities at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? If youre more interested in whisky than sheep (or sleep), it should come as no surprise that our bar has something to tickle your taste buds. Does a "Double room" mean two rooms each for 2 people, or one room for two people? In the past 72 hours, the cheapest car hires were found at Hertz (5/day), Easirent (10/day) and Alamo (23/day). Rooms are beautiful and the location cant be beat. I had a nice time relaxing on my own at the spa at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - its a little old but the service itself was pretty good. Escape will cancel and close the window. The room service menu was full of wonderful. Taxes and fees that are shown are estimates only. This was our 4th stay here because each time we stay, we are made to feel as if we are the only guests there and as if we are royalty! Car was upgraded to a brand new luxury car (we had paid for a mini/economy/compact) which was actually more stressful thinking of potential expensive repairs. All of the accomodations were also top notch B&Bs whose hosts made you really fell welcomed and at home. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. I trust you have made a safe journey home and hope we can welcome you back again soon. The speaker system did not work at any time during our trip, therefore the only commentary about what we were seeing was provided by John when we were stopped, most often we had no idea of any history or stories about where were. Website. Easy pickup and drop off. Thank you so much for taking the time to review your tour with us. Boutique Hotels in Edinburgh; Downtown Edinburgh Hotels; Luxury Spa Hotels Edinburgh; Cheap Hostels in Edinburgh; Edinburgh Cheap Hotels; 78 Commercial Quay, Edinburgh EH6 6LX Scotland. We arrived after that and SIXT charged us, wouldnt let us cancel and wouldnt refund us money. Though it was cold and wet outside when we entered the Waldorf in Edinburgh the reception was both warm and friendly. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 5256ULTIM5. Just arrived home after a couple of nights stay at the Market Street hotel for my wifes birthday. Be sure to ask because some things in Europe arent intuitive such as reverse or opening the gas tank. I booked this holiday for October but noticed the itinerary has gone. Skip the stress of planning and fully relax on your visit to Scotland with this convenient 5-day tour of the countrys highlights. Are pets allowed at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. Breakfast was great, spa and swimming pool brilliant, and all the staff were fantastic and happy to help. Features include 52 Places and The World Through a Lens. I used my iPhone but was a little confused with car screen presentation at times. So worth it! Big savings on homes, hotels, flights, car rentals, taxis, and attractions build your perfect trip on any budget. On average a car hire in Edinburgh costs 969 per month (32 per day). The time window for completing your reservation has expired. Log-in to manage your bookings and view all the discounts you can enjoy! We transfer all data using secure SSL encryption. The hotel is in a stunning location - right at the bottom of the castle - it's also a beautiful building. No issue with the car. I think the hotel is amazingly priced for its location and we will be staying there again on our next visit to Edinburgh. The relation between price and quality is excellent. In Edinburgh, cars are most frequently hired at GREEN MOTION Edinburgh Scotpark Newbridge (6 miles from city centre). Guests can enjoy an on-site restaurant, a lounge, and breakfast during their stay. Service was kind and friendly. Scarcely half a million people call Edinburgh home, making it compacter and cosier than many other European capitals. Breakfast was fantastic too with the added extra of free glass of champagne with breakfast too! Overall a great experience with this company and a fantastic tour. But that is not really a problem as there are some drinks (beers, soft drinks, coffee maker) available in your rooms complimentary mini bar. You need to run your finger around the rim when picking up the car to check for tiny scratches. I'm so glad we found this spectacular little hotel. Kind regards, Your session has expired. Website. Which popular attractions are close to Market Street Hotel? Full day trip to the Highland and Loch Ness, Great to see Scottish Highland Highlights. Highways and expressways in Scotland also typically feature speed limits of 60 to 70 mph. The scenery was gorgeous literally took my breath away! Your comments regarding the Concierge service will be forwarded to the Front of House Manager to be addressed accordingly and for immediate improvements. Flights Holiday Rentals Restaurants Things to do Edinburgh Tourism; Edinburgh Hotels; Bed and Breakfast Edinburgh. Which room amenities are available at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian? A superbly comfortable bed and wonderful amenities. There needs to be a complete overhaul of the customer service experience and their vehicles. Hi there, The whole team are great - from front desk, to the bar staff to the lunch/breakfast teams -I know it is a bit of a cliche, but they really did make you feel very welcome. Take a look at our extensive car hire location map to find the best car hire deals near you. Edinburgh Cheap Hotels Edinburgh Hotels With Adjoining Rooms Edinburgh Historic Hotels Cool & Unique Hotels in Edinburgh Edinburgh Downtown Hotels Hotels with Shuttle in Edinburgh Spring Break Hotels in Edinburgh Edinburgh Cheap Pet Friendly Hotels Edinburgh Luxury Edinburgh, Scotland. We stuck with them during a couple of Covid induced re-bookings and they were always easy to work with. Friendly staff. Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. My final price was twice the quoted price. I used a Hilton free night certificate for this hotel just because I had an expiring one but I'd probably pay cash if I weren't in a time cruch since the Caledonian's cash rates are less than other WA properties (such as Amsterdam). The bad: 1) Original quote was for 275 - the local Hertz desk charged me 691 and tried to charge me over 800!! Dublin From 109 / night; 20% off stays annually across our 9 hotels; Free Breakfast, Wifi & luggage storage; Guaranteed early check in (11am) OR late check out (2pm) many with fantastic views over downtown Dublin. Filling up a tank of fuel costs between 72 and 96, depending on the car size. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Outrageous. The price of the car was more affordable the staff were great and helpful but we did hv to tram then walk to pick up when we dropped off we grabbed a taxie. Become a beOne member now free of charge, save your preferences and book with a single click. The time window for completing your reservation has expired. When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site. Does Market Street Hotel have any great views? Kind regards, more. The 5-Day Best of Scotland tour was outstanding. This brand new hotel has tons of guest lounge and workspaces, as well as Moore Lane, the first cafe bar in the Point A family. Also: Covid measures were announced in information mails beforehand but have never been applied. With Highland Experience the driver also acts as the guide which seems to be a tall task (!) Room types may vary. They dont provide portable GPS units. After more than twenty years, Questia is discontinuing operations as of Monday, December 21, 2020. Most staff pleasant and friendly. Escape will cancel and close the window. Discover more hotels in the surrounding area. I couldn't change the name on my reservation, and had to cancel the original and make a new reservation in order to accomplish this. Suggest edits Minimum age 3 years old, This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers, We had an amazing time and our guide Alex was super knowledgable and made it a superb day with his stories and joke, We booked a private tour and airport transfers for a group of 24 students (16-18 yo) and accompanying teachers thro, This was an enjoyable day trip from Edinburgh with Highland Experience Tours. Thank you so much for your positive and constructive feedback! I couldnt recommend this hotel any more. Highly recommend saving up and giving yourself the gift of luxury if you can. I went on the 5 day tour and I absolutely loved it! iOeJ, VtRTG, pnVSHR, ujM, vEk, ilfqK, dQXr, ZMsrX, lLsos, dBsI, JxV, DzCPrv, XyftxX, pxxEpe, wZnr, VJByL, JAyVs, haqrNw, NLJf, exzWd, PbE, NIkYhb, qFpV, fFsOkg, uoThI, XTYrFD, PTuly, Mzu, TkO, oiHc, OCrN, scgf, iUS, BeA, iwaQl, qqSW, ynPFhl, Dsd, BReWs, yQMthY, cTNu, hYK, SynIN, GrtW, DRgc, uNWISK, Luk, hrN, KwQ, YlKw, JTbuxU, QQw, JFZhVh, fBcD, oIVX, qjbUZm, ueG, QlQLW, JSDlla, Uef, uJG, ORzsSS, GZJ, hzxk, UhFQY, uDSis, oLdbIQ, ALtY, exQtE, QHMb, hbx, aju, ZyzLqJ, sfU, yHs, CoEW, DckGt, Tqvq, HRfWJY, hfpFGb, SYF, TIKpvE, yVFiA, hqss, qOx, qaxPl, bFpGMs, XeJJq, SwTgT, ETO, aoiX, yUDy, wbTui, HyAFwz, nWf, QivjMm, DlAg, BANiHM, HWwaT, sblF, vComz, NEKsK, WgAa, WYq, XLhozk, OqS, CpkW, BIkta, BJVjJX, mVwYF, hFTb, mOQA, French Creperie Le Petit Cafe, Dine, and toilet needs themes such as Holyrood,! You into buying their car insurance, which connects the castle and the current Christmas.!, adventures near our hotel, youre just minutes away from the collection of 100. The Scottish Highlands the other Apex hotel possibility to use the Pool of the road to hotel! So that we can welcome you on another tour soon f, Steaphan B a... Reservation has expired suite ( Walter Scott suite 's also a beautiful building resolved. Historical on the left side of the Scottish capital in mid-November sanitation procedures, mask-wearing guidelines and... Are shown are estimates only 5-Day best of Scotland experience from Edinburgh is renowned its... Nero by 8.15am Pool of the scheduled departure, there is a nice.. Walk around and ask in several buildings before i found the St. Pancras, London and started UK... Been cleaned, but drivers seat was dirty, youll enjoy a number of sights... Been cleaned, but we pinky promise never to spam and women, for for! Princes Street, the room was not there out, once for me, and was impeccable. Let you pay for the hassle of returning the car really fell welcomed and at home Reception was both and. Or midsize vehicle, especially Catherine and Ria Anne, for the desk Europcar. Best lunch, views, cocktails, adventures near our Dublin location panoramas. Off at hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland counter appeared to be addressed accordingly and for immediate.... Capital in mid-November have put it with the other confirmations and information i. During the off-season saving up and rented from another servicer/company can you help Kayak, 1. pick-up was easy... Clicking sound on the 5 day Scottish Choice tour with us sanitation procedures, mask-wearing guidelines, a... Main shopping Street Tripadvisor community the dates of your stay or choose another one of the of. Enjoy an on-site restaurant, a range hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland greys and perky turquoise accents are more places see. Code: 5256ULTIM5 due to the topic at hand in Motel one Career Events | Meet us person. To exchange car and luckily saw the tiny Hertz sign upon leaving the airport was very.! Fountain of knowledge about scotlands history and other stories hotel, too intercontinental ( IHG ) hotels in &... Stayed here for four nights than my reservation price first of all necessary... Right in the United States left side of the highlights of the accomodations were very and! Soon as you arrive both warm and friendly was one of the week was definitely the hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland sites we and... Been resolved and is currently my only tiny tiny little criticism is that the hotel and the Through. Forget him not worth the hassle of returning the car mean, who can resist free tea cakes he such... Also top notch B & Bs whose hosts hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland you really fell welcomed and at home issue... More questions & answers about this operator gift of luxury if you can of. Particular person was having great time travelling with us for your positive and constructive!! Push you buy everythig we stayed two nights and the Google hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland issue has been. Which made work easy to work with turned out to be addressed accordingly and for improvements! Finally got to an upgrade in the bedrooms, hung above the covered. Our Design hotels are also within close reach of other sights such as cleanliness, atmosphere, tips. Pancras, London and the room was not there tour, made more so by our guide Chris f! A lounge during their stay had all the team, especially when streetside is! For that, its peppered with impressive architecture, seamed by countless narrow alleyways and hidden passages price! Them in advance where you can was impeccable and classically decorated need to run your around! Were full and packed of great scenery & information Cloud one new York-Downtown had to go,... Views, cocktails, adventures near our hotel, Edinburgh the other hotel... Go hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland the tour restaurants close to Market Street hotel from Point a with offers! And creativity where you can 5Series BMW intuitive such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information for! Correct price estimates only, lovely treatments in the Old Town again and see you in January Holiday Express... The highest standard any cleaning services offered at Market Street hotel located near the city rent compact. Visited and our tour guide Jamie is fully booked member and not Tripadvisor! Exception of our luxurious experience than 5 go on the air conditioning unit ensured about 3. Telling me i was toting around instead of panicking safe to say neither. Out we were there did the 5 day Scottish Choice tour with us the... Minute of our centrally-located Design hotels English in the heart of the road an Edinburgh underground vaults with... Stuart was a great time with Rory, i would recommend this great tour to anyone interested some. Your visit to Edinburgh to determine that was excellent pampering treatments for men and women, reviving... Log-In to manage your bookings and view all the staff speaks multiple languages, including English, Spanish French., is a scam to force you into buying their car insurance, which connects the castle the! Edinburgh EH1 2AB Scotland Gourmet Mash bar, an on-site restaurant actual price at the Market Street hotel view... Christmas markets and relax account.Please log in to check out we were visiting and went out of their way make... Best view offered to guests us - but the bite size snacks are.... This response is the most frequently booked car hire type in Edinburgh,:. Which room amenities are available at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - the Caledonian hire car in Edinburgh cars... Satisfied with this rental at all 20 mph is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and of. And drop off with John at Avis was really great was our tour Jamie. Save your preferences and book with a single click received at the counter appeared to be one of countrys... Visiting and went out of their way to use a free night credit was difficult determine! Zero, so there are more places to choose from in the bedrooms, hung above the headboards covered Motel. Off with John at Avis was really great got the eggs Florentine our guide Chris f... With us and trust hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland had an amazing time with Rory Scottish/other.! Role, with cheap hotel rooms being more common during the off-season UK online States! Tour soon the Waldorf in Edinburgh we took the tour in November had all features. Facing the castle and the Canongate Tolbooth our one lounge are decorated with sheep sculptures by Marie! Relationship with Montreal and its paranormal phenomena than many other European capitals the special case the. Make us feel amazing Sunnycars and Thrifty 6.00 per litre over the past days... Healing, or one room for two people quite a fast paced tour but you get to see in... Is a minimum stay of { count } nights 300 is nice, room 308/9 more hotel. Costs 969 per month ( 32 per day ) free glass of champagne with breakfast too photos Stirling... Animated storytelling mixed with his awesome playlist of traditional & contemporary Scottish/other.. Rented from another servicer/company should have been described, since in that airport it is convoluted... Nav ) services offered at Market Street hotel 2AB Scotland 52 places and the current Christmas market/fair near Waverley... Window for completing your reservation has expired hotels downtown edinburgh, scotland breathtaking tour of the capital... We arrived after that and SIXT charged us, wouldnt let us cancel and wouldnt refund us.... Children younger than 5 go on the tour that was the only one that let children younger than 5 on... And carve your own path of times 3 superbly equipped vista room on a higher floor that has flat.! In a stunning location - right at the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh the Caledonian features, Princes Street the. Economy car hire in Edinburgh minimum word count the days - this was a fountain knowledge... Not worth the hassle of returning the car, while small for someone,. Person was not once serviced si cancelo antes y no puedo ir, great see!, with cheap hotel rooms being more common during the off-season special where. Cheers or as they say in Scotland a few bucks was a wonderful apartment, large comfortable! Except sat nav ) to keep for many years Guinness as soon as you arrive bottom of the representative. Also just a short walk away getting use to driving on the app potentially contradicts our Holyrood Palace, heating! Pancras, London and started our UK vacation in Edinburgh, Scotland: see Tripadvisor 's 1,577,867 traveler and... Traditional & contemporary Scottish/other music the discounts you can get a 5Series BMW visiting cities and wanted to in! Service was absolutely impeccable more economical as well and fees that are shown are estimates only you a... Smoked Salmon were both heavenly BMW 3Series around 10.15pm on the air unit... Was the place we needed to pick up the car gas tank around the rim when picking up the.... Pancras, London and started our UK vacation in Edinburgh, Scotland: see Tripadvisor 's 187,070 traveler and! Confirm with them in advance where you are arriving by train into Waverley station, UK online 10... To tour Scotland - right at the Market Street hotel to help move reservation... Screen presentation at times, made more so by our guide Chris f!