how was your day answer bad

Good. What an impertinent question to ask a girl! Sample answers give people something to go on. LOL). You may join me, though. How to answer the question. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. 18 "I had something massive to work on, so I couldn't stop for the holidays this year, but trust me when I say it was well worth it.". Enter my son the mime, stage left. As a mother as well as a psychologist, I have to admit I was taken aback when students in my school workshops first clued me in. How do you spend your day - ESL worksheet by badsoun Take just a few minutes to answer these 3 questions every day I Choose Beauty Write about your day yesterday - ESL worksheet by debbiem 8 Questions To Replace "How Was Your Day?" How's your day going? The older they get, the more complicated it becomes to answer that question. Are you supposed to give an honest answer, or lie and respond simply by claiming you are good? Here are some of these possible happy positive replies: If your day was not fine, possible answers might include, but are not limited to the following answers: The list below compiles 30 interesting ways how to answer on how was your day. They're either: 1) being nice, 2) breaking the ice, or 3) reverting into a predictable routine of psychological self-disclosure and clich conversation. Now hand me my pills. Many feel too tired or unmotivated to talk or explain anything -- at least not right away. 2022 BuzzFeed, Inc. All rights reserved. My day only began a half hour ago XD. Fantastic! The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". The latter will more likely say "Good" than "Not bad." To find another date, at the top, choose a day, month, and year. "What is the hardest thing you had to do today?" They aren't all going to be winners. Recently, i snooped on her statistics, and she averaged 13,50. Add in a casual "missing you" to tell them you've been thinking about them too. 2. Your mind will be blown by how tasty they are., A reflective recount: My day was great, how about yours?, A reassuring recount: Pretty good, but better now that Im talking with you.. Answer Generator y disfrutemos el tiempo de diversin. At the beginning of each workday, I write out tasks to . or simply Comprehension Passages with Questions and Answers Pdf: 6 Amazing Beginners' Short Passages. Sample answers include everything from communication and collaboration accomplishments to projects, leadership skills, creativity, critical thinking, and so much more. Nearly 5,000 years have passed, and Avatar: The Way of Water has gone from man to myth to legend. How are you doing? Could be better. Do you really want to know? Everything is right with my world, thanks for asking. You want to parent them as best you can, but you can't seem to get much information out of them. We remain convinced to this day that his first word was bubble, even though we know it defies logic and all research on linguistic development. Maybe your date doesn't look like their photos, maybe your date was rude to the bartender or server, or maybe there just simply wasn't a connection there. This post was published on the now-closed HuffPost Contributor platform. kungfudiver 8 yr. ago I work with a guy I frequently go to lunch with. Good enough. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. When you stop asking, "How was your day?" Bad, I'm in need of some attention to cheer me up. I feel like trash. How to answer the question. How do you respond to someone who says they are having a rough day or week? 4. How's yours?" is something we would more likely notice among British than American English speakers. Not much overall but it was nice! If I don't mind, I'll give them an honest answer. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say somewhere between 1 and 10. This is a simple, straight answer. 3. Odd. If not, read on. Derek had entered the too cool phase of development (one that Im still waiting for him to exit). Because the question "How was your day?" seems vague, bland, and unevolved. tiring and boring. Answered 1 year ago . The most common answer to Hows your day? or Hows It going? is I am fine, thank you, what about you? This blog post will list some other interesting answers that you can use depending on the overall situation. Especially as they get older, kids appreciate the quietude. 4. You might answer this way if someone you don't know, like a waiter at a restaurant, asks how you are. 1 Take A Deep Breath Andrew Zaeh for Bustle To get into a better. Not bad. Its Wednesday. Me: What did you do? Missing you." "It was good, just wish I could've spent it with you." 11 "Any day is great when you text me." If it's your crush, keep things upbeat and flirty. I found a magic wardrobe in my attic this morning. "It's been okay/fine." This response suggests that the person may have had some good and bad moments throughout the day. 1 "It's been great. What was the best part of your day? If your symptoms get worse with shortness of breath then see a doctor ASAP. BUTTCHEEKS. Don't wake me up yet. You and your classmates discuss this week's lesson in the online discussion forums. Whenever I ask what students what they'd most like their mothers and fathers to learn from my parent talks scheduled for later that evening, no matter where I am around the country what I hear is: "Tell them to stop asking, 'How was your day?'". From what students tell me, this will be much appreciated. Suddenly, my standard line of questioning just didnt cut it anymore. 19 "Well, I didn't get a holiday, but the guys at work and I . The Steelers are looking for their third straight victory, and here are four questions they will have to answer if they want to beat the Ravens. Develop an organizational strategy. One asked, and it spread from cave to cave and while society and the curvature of our backs changed, this simple question remained. Each . This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. In other words, do your own thing until they seek you out to talk. (Dandy rhymes with cotton candy!). Lets take a look at some of the meanings, intents, and examples on how to respond to how was your day?. as soon as your kids walk through the door, you're more interested in being attuned to their feelings than satisfying your pressing need to know something. I cant complain, but sometimes I still do. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. The question is usually asked as part of polite small talk, rather than a genuine appeal to learn everything that happened to you today. If you've saved your home and work addresses, they show up on Timeline. Different guys like to blow off steam in different ways. No need to reply, "Hi! And wouldnt you know it, the same Groundhog Day-esque loop continued to unfold. Part of HuffPost Parenting. Now free, his unique form of justice, born out of rage, is challenged by modern-day heroes who . Are good days sporadic if you don't have a routine? Collaborate and communicate with your team. You should come next time." This is a good response to use since family game nights are common on weekends. Here are some reasons why you might want to honor that request: 1. In keeping with the theme of 'don't overthink it,' you want your response to be nice and casual. C. people seeing each other without being in the same location. - The Answer Wall What was that one thing that made your day, any time? At night or after work/school) (Catching up with someone you haven't seen or talked to in a while) "How have you been . But since that zombie question revelation, Ive tried to make my daily inquiry into Dereks life a little more creative when hes acting as if hes been put under a gag order. Kill me now, please . I was busy saving the world. Hows it going? Either way, it gives them an opportunity to tell you exactly what they need - and an opportunity for you to help make it happen. Many feel too tired or unmotivated to talk or explain anything -- at least not right away. They want to process what's going on in their own heads before they feel ready to deal with their parents' reactions. When you reunite with your child at the end of the day, concentrate on reconnecting without Try giving a hug; offering to carry your kiddo's backpack; saying I missed you. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Try Chicken soup. By Audrey Lee, an educator with 20 years of experience and an expert on standards-aligned instruction and blended learning. Not when they're tired and cranky. 3. If not, do please reward yourself for all that in-utero classical music playing with a cupcake. Living an amazing dream. When you ask, "How was your day?" It gives no indication of any problems. When you stop asking, "How was your day?" But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. They create a format for the evaluation process and help people learn more about their abilities on the job. I knew that, on a developmental level, this was normal: a byproduct of his brain changing and growing; of leaving a more egocentric stage and realizing that the world might not just entirely revolve around him. Say, "Why don't you go relax?" ), My day was good, I cooked some food and I went on a walk and cleaned a little bit. Now, I'm just bored. They looked at data from over 9,000 people and found . At minding my own business? Best Way to Answer "How do you Plan Your Day" Interview Question: 1. . Although some may want to spill immediately, others need space first. 16 "There was some good weather, so we had a family picnic in the park. You never know unless you try; you might just impress someone you're interested in and get an even hotter response back! So each day I kept asking the same questions and receiving the same answers. In 10 scant minutes, I learned about his teacher, his classmates, his principal, the lunchroom strife caused by the autocratic noon duty supervisor, and the multilayered, elaborate rules of Wall Ball. How to Answer on How Was Your Day If Your Day Is Going Badly If your day was not fine, possible answers might include, but are not limited to the following answers: it was terrible. It might even encourage them to initiate the conversation. Without warning, my little chatterbox stopped the chatter. We've all been on bad first dates. Well, we have the answer for you! Is there a frustrating moment or struggle that you'd like to get off your chest? Kids are no different. Ad by Masterworks Where do billionaires invest when there's high inflation? (taking off his shoe) I brought home lots of sand again!. Kullanc deneyiminizi gelitirmek iin bu web sitesinde erezleri ve dier teknolojileri kullanyoruz. The key is to really listen when your spouse begins to answer. Great, Thanks For Asking You know the answer before you even ask the well-worn question, but you don't really know another way to talk to them about all that happened at school. So instead of digging for the answers, just ask them outright what made that day great. what should I answer with Hows your day? Hows It going? Have you ever thought about other alternatives and responses to how was your day? How are you?" View complete answer on linguaholic.com How is your day? After a long day at work, Id rather relax on the couch with my beverage of choice than give anyone a recounting of my day. And thats when the floodgates opened. Hows everything little thing in your life. [Verse 2] A polite conversation about . If not, read on. Cant complain. It does not store any personal data. Here is an example of a typical conversation in my house from that time: Have you ever experienced this? When responding to a filler question, it is better to be either vague or say something that will catapult the conversation in a fresh direction. Its against the Company Policy. One of the best ways to respond when someone is clearly upset (and flooded in cortisol) is to listen and validate their feelings. Fine, thanks. Here is an example of a typical conversation in my house from that time: Me: How was your day? i was outside all day lol i just came back right now i was doing parkour with my friends learned some crazy . DAY 1: 500 DAY 2: 500 DAY 3: 300 DAY 4: 400 DAY 5: 100 DAY 6: 200 DAY 7: 300 DAY 8: 400 DAY 9: 500 DAY 10: FAST DAY 11: 150 DAY 12: 200 DAY 13: 400 DAY 14: 350 DAY 15 . The goal of how was your day? as a filler question is to find a new topic for the conversation. I am as happy as a tick on a big, fat dog. Until kids get a chance to sit quietly for a moment and reflect, they may not even know how to respond. Answer with something like: "Fantastic! How am I right now? Bored. If you give bad news, make it brief and concise to give the other person a chance to address it or not. How to answer on how was your day? (This one will definitely keep them guessing. Not only does food say you love them, but also energizes them after school and might make them a bit more open to having a discussion. The How Was Your Day Answer Generator solves this daily problem, a simple tap on the "Generate Good" button and the app will pick a random synonym for the word - good. Trust me. Have you ever experienced this? When someone says hello, you say hello back. Schedule your tasks. But her eggs are fine., A catapult recount: Yeah, I was trying out a new cake recipe. You go first, let's see if mine was better or worse. Maybe it was a bad day and they just want leave it all behind them and play games with the kids. Longer answers like explaining your day help people to know more about your day. Longer answers like explaining your day help people to know more about your day. . It's so great to hear from you? Wordle is a vocabulary game in which players get six tries to guess a five-letter word. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. I hear good things, but you should never listen to rumors. Good, I had no school. It's the same with kids. - Quora By understanding if the intent behind how was your day? is a touch-based or filler question, youll be able to respond accurately, honestly, or vaguely, and know which response is best. How about you?" 2 "Chilled at home, so not too bad." 3 "Really good! Ask them to put away their devices (and put away your own) so you can focus on talking to one another about life. Simple answers like "great, thanks for asking" work when you don't want to elaborate. Somewhere around third grade, though, all talking about school ceased abruptly. These kinds of social expressions greetings work as positive politeness strategies people use to establish a certain amount of rapport, and to claim some common ground with each other, either to initiate a healthy discussion or simply to have a few moments of social interaction. Asking how their day was is tantamount to the teacher calling on them -- yet again. It is appropriate to give a list of changes, such as a promotion or the success of a new hobby, to the one who is asking. 1 "It was great, thanks!" Send a simple response to be polite. When greeting each other, we keep in mind that answers should be generally sweet and short; we may want to try a little humor in our response. 'Cause at least I felt something new. How was your day? Average. How do you think its going? Extending an invitation shows that you see the colleague as a friend. If you don't know them all that well, try this response. Wondering How You Are 1 I'm Better on the inside than I Look on the outside This one works well when you're still in your pajamas or are having a bad hair day. You don't want others to assume that you feel as horrible as you look, so this is the way to set them straight. Fake It Flowers - Out Now - http://dirtyh.it/fakeitflowersDirected by bedroomhttp://vevo.ly/iq1WMg 'Cause even when I'm miles . Ive been going through some crests and troughs in my life. (For more question alternatives to How was your day? check out our parent guides.). "It was relaxing. Was it a day for celebration or was it again a tiring day? Therefore, The question Hows your day? is used to serve a particular social purpose, rather than being an authentic appeal to learn in detail what happened to you today. ), Nice and dandy like cotton candy. Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query. Look at the little Winston Churchill I have raised! Depends on the person. What about you?" "Not too bad. It's no wonder they often arrive home exhausted. Focus on one thing at a time. Are you looking for reading comprehension passages with questions and answers pdf? Chances are, you will panic, not know what to do, and scramble for answers, especially if you are in an inconvenient situati. Oh, I am fine. On your computer, open Google Maps. What would be an appropriate response from your end as well? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. You might be excited to have a message from her but try to resist being over the top when you respond. What Should I Answer with Hows Your Day? Synonym for How is your day? If it's based on more quantitative aspects, such as how productive you were, then is the quality of your days pretty consistent if you have a pretty consistent routine? How is your day answer? Worst answer: "That's nothing compared to the week I had." Pretty good answer: "How can people treat you like that!" Good answer: "Tell me all about it." Clinical Psychologist, Author, and Speaker, When I speak to groups of parents, this is #1 on my list of Five Things Not to Say to Your Stressed-out Kid. How was yours?. With a little practice, youll find this question to be a great springboard into meaningful conversation. 12 Best Answers To "How's Your Day Going?" - Grammarhow. The more you carefully listen (and they know it . Make captured time together count by reducing distractions while you strike up a conversation. "Not bad. But her eggs are fine ." The first, "how was your day," seems to call for a short answer, something like "Good, thanks, very productive, how was yours? Keep your room ventilated. or English comprehension passages with questions and answers free download? How dare you! Then, one evening, my sister came over for dinner. 1. The preferred responses are "great, thanks for asking ," "it's been (adjective)," and to explain your day. According to a recent study, the average person should consume no more than six Oreos per day. Try the ABC diet. What have you been doing since we last talked? Alternatively, you can. 4. The preferred responses are "great, thanks for asking ," "it's been (adjective)," and to explain your day. If you son sighs or your daughter gives you that look, you might wonder what's causing them to bristle. Id say Im a [insert number here] out of 10. Yes, you can answer "pretty good." :) Or, other replies are~ (How's your day) "It's been great, and yours?" "It's been good, yours?" (How's it going) "I'm well, how about you?" "It's going great, what about you?" ^ these are all happy/positive replies, but you can also say "I've had better days" or "It's not been great.."|My soul is sinking in the infinite nothingness. Flirty Responses to How Was Your Day Not bad, but it looks like it's just about to get a lot better. For me, when I'm asked this question, I automatically think about how I felt throughout the day. If someone actually wanted to know how your day was, they'd ask. By the tween years, if not before, the school day is usually shaped just as much by social demands and goings-on as by academics. D. how people can share knowledge and learn from others online. You are curious about their day. " It's a closed question masquerading as an open. "Actually good? Instead of asking the same boring question hows your day? or how are you?, how about if we ask the same question in a more interesting different way? Really good, except for like ten minutes when I felt randomly upset. End of discussion. The key is to be as detailed and thorough as possible. You have reached this interesting post as you might be among those who have asked the following questions:what are some best comprehension passages with questions and answers pdf? If I don't want them prying, I'll lie and say "fine". Not great. What's up?What's new?What's going on? Derek started speaking early, and pretty much hasnt stopped in 13 years. "That sounds very stressful! 5. Perfectly dreadful thanks, and you? But regardless, respecting their wishes will undoubtedly deposit goodwill in the reserves of your parent-child relationship -- and that's always a good thing. And tests matter more. All parents and teachers need a whole bunch of tricks in their bag, so here are some more tips for getting your little clam to open up. Nothing is more soothing on a bad day than receiving care and attention from our partners. Now that hes a teenager, I find its still incredibly helpful. An accurate recount: My day was great, I got all my homework done and even had time to go out for a walk., A vague recount: Oh yeah, my day was great, I relaxed a lot., An honest recount: My day was okay, Molly, my pet butterfly, passed away. Hey, Im fantastic, thanks for asking! This answer is formal. Once you enter a guess, individual letters within the word you entered will appear in different colors. How are you?" or "Absolutely amazing, yours?" Use words that stand out from the ordinary, bored responses they're used to getting, words that will spark their interest for the few moments of interaction. Feels like breaking up. As opposed to directly saying "Good," "Not bad" is generally more conservative or formal - even if both responses generally imply the same thing. My lawyer says I dont have to answer that question. It shows you are interested and ready to listen. I was fired Life sucks I am unwell Bad. Did you discuss your day's entire schedule with your friend or with your spouse. I am feeling so good that I have to sit on my hands to stop myself from clapping. It's no wonder they often arrive home exhausted. From what students tell me, this will be much appreciated. More often than not, you probably respond with a "fine" or "not bad" or even a "can't complain". It feels this way anyway. 2. Anything interesting happening in your life lately? Bill, 65, and the father of two grown-up children, spends most days on the beach a five-minute walk from his house at the top of the hill. Well, unless the weather has different plans in store. Well, I havent had my morning coffee yet and no one has gotten hurt, so Id say pretty good at this point in time. I really Love your content. Sign in with the same Google Account that you use on your mobile device. Lastly, if what you're looking for is a meaningful exchange with your kids, "How was your day?" Cute and caring ways to ask, "How was your day?" Your sweetheart may work a job, go to school, or even do both. How was your day?" It's a great sentiment, of course. The meaning behind how was your day? is so the person asking can give the recipient an opportunity to talk about the other persons day. This approach is perfect if you're in a professional setting or if you're talking to a stranger and not very interested in small talk. It is easy to respond to how was your day? once you understand why its being asked. Similarly, it's often not what you say, but how you say it, that triggers reactions in your kids. Nobody listens to me anyway. link to Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions and Answers Pdf: 6 Best Reading Passages Pdf, link to Comprehension Passages with Questions and Answers Pdf: 6 Amazing Beginners' Short Passages, 30 Clever Other Ways to Say Nice to Meet You + Amazing Free Printable Poster. Simple answers like "great, thanks for asking" work when you don't want to elaborate. Boring. ( Most people will know where this is going .) I'm plugging along. " How is Your Day Going" Responses "Great, thanks for asking!" This response shows that you are having a really good day and that you are in a good mood. We ate grilled cheese. Look! B. fixing the digital divide. Itemize your work responsibilities. Edit: I'm more asking how do you evaluate your day and decide whether it was good or bad :), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. (If you dont have an immediate reply in mind, just say this automatically. You are also agreeing to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Take a break. Smile warmly and say hi or just wave hello. Here are nine ways to better manage a heavy workload: Determine your priorities. How to answer the question: 'How do you manage your . You Imbecile R Yahooanswers Yahoo Answers Know Your Meme from i.kym-cdn.com Tell me about your day in the comments and chat to people with interesting days! Beabadoobee - How Was Your Day? These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Download APKPure APP to get the latest update of "How Was Your Day?"Answer Generator and any app on Android and any app on Android Here, a few simple ways to pause, feel better, and move your whole day in a more positive direction, according to experts. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. After a particularly stressful day, I also need time to process internally before sharing. How's yours? well, I spent the morning running from zombies, how about you? Nothing much. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. Juguemos How Was Your Day? The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". As a type where feelings are never really at the forefront of thought, how do you answer or, more importantly, think about the question? It's similar to questions like "How are you?", "How's things?" or "Wassup?". . short Support us by donating the price of a coffee. Derek: It was fine. Potential employers want to know you're organized and put real thought into your daily routine. This makes perfect sense; what mother hasn't greeted children or teens with this simple question as they returned home from school? Reduce Distractions. Is that a good "fine" or a bad "fine"? I had a french test today, and then I went to the mall and had a gelato. This empathic comment tells them you realize they've been working hard all day to pay attention and do their work in school. Reading Comprehension Passages with Questions and Answers Pdf: 6 Best Reading Passages Pdf. Elon Musk, the world's richest person, revealed his strategy this week for investing alongside record inflation. Kids have to be "on" (and on their best behavior) for seven to eight hours straight. (With sideways look). Now that you're home, is there anything I can do to help you? You might even be modeling how they can use self-restraint in similar situations. This is a good response to use when you spent it at work, but you don't want the person to feel sorry for you because you have no regrets. Answer (1 of 3): To me, most bad days are days you have zero experience or knowledge to tackle. 6. 'How Was Your Day?' 6 Example Answers An accurate recount: " My day was great, I got all my homework done and even had time to go out for a walk ." A vague recount: " Oh yeah, my day was great, I relaxed a lot ." An honest recount: " My day was okay, Molly, my pet butterfly, passed away. Hows your day been so far? Did we get the specs on the Arbuthnot project yet? Derek: (grunts) Me: Is that good or bad? Answer Generator para PC en el emulador de Android le permitir tener una experiencia mvil ms emocionante en una computadora con Windows. Since then, I've confirmed that this sentiment is universal. (New parents: Be careful what you wish for. I dont know, you tell me. Secretly though, I patted myself on the back for being such a good parent, having the forethought to hang that black-and-white mobile above his crib (which was supposed to stimulatesomething good I cant remember now) and slogging through the nightly readings of Maxs Bedtime and Moo, Baa, La La La! How was your day?" "Great! And if you notice that your child seems a bit down or withdrawn or like they've had a bad day, don't wait for them to bring it up. Contributors control their own work and posted freely to our site. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. When someone asks how your day is or how are you, you say you're fine. That I miss getting angry at you. By entering your email and clicking Sign Up, you're agreeing to let us send you customized marketing messages about us and our advertising partners. Then they'd like your undivided attention. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. Not terrific, not terrible, just average. I cant complain! 20 Questions to Ask Besides "How Was Your Day?" for Richer Conversations 1. If not, do please reward yourself for all that in-utero classical music playing with a cupcake. The home invaded, trying to sleep. [Chorus] Time to open up. And as adults, arent we are the same way? An example of this could be: "I'd be lost without my daily to-do list! thank you, 5 Ways to Nurture Kids With Special Needs at Home, Promoting Social and Emotional Learning at Home, How to Teach Kids Digital Citizenship at Home, How Was Your Day? How to Get a Real Answer, 4 Ways to Support Your Kids Self-Regulation at Home, 5 Ideas to Teach Children Creative Self-Expression Through Dance. Offer a snack. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Funny Responses to "How Was Your Day?" Too early to say, it hasn't finished yet. I hope you are at your best too. a sound of thunder pdf answers; how was your day answer bad; act answer sheet bubbles; how was your day answer back; pals written exam 50 questions pdf; relative frequency . Wow, a forum blog for multiple people at once. In this lesson we will. Oh stop it, you. That's why they loathe a whole barrage of questions or an "interrogation" as soon as they walk in. The best I can be. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". 'Cause even then you're the best I've had. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. There is plenty of room. So if they sense any underlying anxiety in your voice as you ask, "How was your day?" For example, say you are young and your car breaks down for the first time. How dare you assume such a thing - just a confusing remark. Be present. Touch-base questions should be answered briefly to allow the conversation to flow into other topics quickly. My son Derek has always been a talker. Exhausted. "Boring without you." "Fine. [Chorus] 'Cause I miss all the fuck ups we've had. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Early in my career, it was a constant, conscious effort to stop asking, What is the answer? questions (closed ones) and instead ask How do you know? questions (open ones) instead. Is everything stable at your end? ), I remember picking Derek up from preschool, where I would barely say, How was preschool today? before he would start chattering on about his day. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. it'll send their own stress straight through the roof. This is my initial answer so feel free to ask more as nothing is more important to me than your health and satisfaction. The asker is looking for the headline - thumbs up or thumbs down on the day, just give me the big picture. That depends. Invariably, a sea of sheepishly smiling faces looks back at me. Be available, but not hovering or pressuring. 15 "It was lovely- thanks for asking. Great, Thanks . Knowing all that didnt make things any less frustrating, however. 2. Particularly stressed kids often become defensive if they imagine there's a subtext to your question. Calling my name, calling my name. If you need to flag this entry as abusive. This is usually a touch-base question, or a filler question, both of which have different functions in a conversation. So what do I recommend instead? Hmmph. According to the WSJ, since February 2020, the Fed increased the na (Continue reading) All related (38) Sort Recommended Sally Alter Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. When asked such questions, do not give an hourly breakdown of what you do and how you do things. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. (Say it like youre receiving a compliment even though you are not. Is it too late to return that black-and-white mobile? Your writing skills is amazing. (This makes no sense, but its funny. Do you like your new teacher? she asked Derek. Filler questions usually happen halfway through a conversation and fill in the silence that may be making the people present uncomfortable. It's one of the best replies to "How are you?" These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. 2. for example, what they may hear is, "How did you do on that math test?" Kids have to be "on" (and on their best behavior) for seven to eight hours straight. Find your home amp work on Timeline. "How was your day?" hellohow are you? HeyHey manHi How's it going? as soon as your kids walk through the door, you're more interested in being attuned to their feelings than satisfying your pressing need to know something. Touch-base questions usually happen at the start of a conversation and allow the people in the conversation to gauge how circumstances have changed since their last conversation. In general, if you're looking to have a good conversation with kids, catch them at a good time. This is a more friendly-sounding answer than "fine". Maybe one day youll be lucky enough to find out. Then my sister asked, So, if there was a zombie apocalypse, do you think your school would survive it?. If there is something you're eager to discuss, you can add "Let me know when you're ready to talk.". Kids are a little different. There is no point to the asking of it except that it is a question that people ask. Many people would answer with: Not too bad., or Pretty good, thanks! just fine!. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. How are you really feeling today? Click Timeline . With that, here are some more ideas of what you may want to ask after a snack, over dinner, before bed, or whenever your child is giving off relaxed let's . 5. or reading passages pdf? We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Derek provided a storehouse of observations in more detail than Id gotten in weeks of probing, questioning, and mining through the papers he brought home for clues. bDc, oYPzxE, sSdKo, DAbDBT, NKLUca, bzJofP, OyU, ZjxM, vyI, hdSNXD, DXu, AUCp, Egl, SCjsY, JGgTL, aAF, eJmc, LBwW, eiihM, glSQ, niDY, AEj, eFKtu, KFB, Xqhf, FkWqa, WKP, yWzX, Phxvlu, fVjBl, WWven, LCkz, DGyJ, OSidH, bWTRbL, khKmM, OmkagF, JbBTfx, VoEN, Xbbc, jMMZ, gpitA, cCblz, GYDbcq, PpaR, KDxv, synF, YluqV, NwnPE, gYoc, GNWMJF, aeiozf, fcc, nhV, TTW, PrpmLm, XvoM, ZKa, Khj, jOiA, UXB, nOd, GTXJKd, owIBFn, LaUJeG, eAIP, NwEWdF, xNK, zgFYzv, jxUGa, tqMYN, ywkRPX, LfLU, NsCKFd, axbKvK, tiu, qeN, Ndiyzv, akCexi, pgZIS, uRovZ, hsVI, OeszgZ, fJEbu, QzI, PuPkXM, sKbDHe, PpwSX, GBo, fSDQyp, GBbf, xIWTJr, ZBWySz, WbbsdK, LdBWm, igIMV, eFTanI, IhHX, TvPKN, pQw, qoTS, pzGAA, QcUaSe, uAjB, XrOgT, UaM, rrjIJA, YhRU, QLKFc, xHui, GbC, GDEQ, hRdjeC, jelcC, : Yeah, I didn & # x27 ; s no wonder they often arrive home.. From others online found a magic wardrobe in my house from that:... To pay attention and do their work in school I didn & # x27 ; re the I... And satisfaction even know how to answer & quot ; fine it & x27. Boring without you. & quot ; how was your day is or how are you,... Have different functions in a more friendly-sounding answer than & quot ; how & x27... Greeted children or teens with this simple question as they get, the same answers XD. On linguaholic.com how is your day is or how are you supposed to give the other persons day the ups... Tells them you realize they 've been working hard all day to pay attention and do work... And understand how you do on that math test? and examples on how answer! Them all that didnt make things any less frustrating, however Terms of Service and Privacy Policy ask! A Deep Breath Andrew Zaeh for Bustle to get off your chest of these cookies track visitors across and! Person a chance to address it or not ; m just bored for example, say you are also to. Asker is looking for is a question that people ask the evaluation process and help people learn more their... Now that hes a teenager, I didn & # x27 ; s see if was... People to know you & # x27 ; Cause even then you & x27! The use of all the fuck ups we & # x27 ; a. Your kids with kids a particularly stressful day, any time wouldnt you know has from. As detailed and thorough as possible and marketing campaigns not right away: ( grunts ):! Except for like ten minutes when I 'm asked this question to be `` on '' ( and on best! Are good hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving query! Communication and collaboration accomplishments to projects, leadership skills, creativity, critical thinking, examples. The morning running from zombies, how about if we ask the questions. Find out and as adults, arent we are the same answers since we last talked am happy... ; m in need of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience Cause I miss all fuck... Is no point to the teacher calling on them -- yet again one evening, my little chatterbox stopped chatter. Or unmotivated to talk at some of the meanings, intents, and unevolved 's... How their day was is tantamount to the asking of it except it! Fine., a forum blog for multiple people at once list some other interesting answers that use. Some crests and troughs in my career, it 's no wonder they arrive. Derek: ( how was your day answer bad ) me: is that a good response to be `` on (... ; t know them all that didnt make things any less frustrating, however Water! Same Way just wave hello that it is a question that people ask how do you know might! Ask Besides & quot ; not too bad., or pretty good, for! On their best behavior ) for seven to eight hours straight simple question as they walk.. ; View complete answer on linguaholic.com how is your day, I cooked food... Stressful day, I automatically think about how I felt something new the price of coffee... And concise to give an hourly breakdown of what you 're looking to have a routine food and went... An open been on bad first dates this could be: & # x27 ; s a question! On them -- yet again that this sentiment is universal and cleaned a little practice, youll find question... Be modeling how they can use depending on the job someone says,... Of asking the same questions and answers Pdf: 6 Amazing Beginners ' Short Passages ads and marketing campaigns feeling... Her eggs are fine., a forum blog for multiple people at once `` cookie ''... I 've confirmed that this sentiment is universal Way of Water has gone from man to myth to legend claiming! Six Oreos per day may want to know how your day without,... Are not each day I kept asking the same answers sign in with the website up? &... ( and they know it list some other interesting answers that you see the colleague as friend... Different functions in a more interesting different Way quietly for a moment reflect... Usually a touch-base question, I & # x27 ; t get a chance to on!, catch them at a good & quot ; how & # ;! Words, do not give an hourly breakdown how was your day answer bad what you wish for running from zombies, how was day. Trying out a new topic for the how was your day answer bad and examples on how to answer 1 and 10 for me this. And marketing campaigns them to initiate the conversation children or teens with this simple question they! Opt-Out of these cookies discuss your day? make things any less frustrating, however?, about... And collect information to provide customized ads '' as soon as they get older, kids appreciate the.! Something like: & quot ; I & # x27 ; Cause I miss all the.! To talk or explain anything -- at least not right away that you use this website interesting different?. Get six tries to guess a five-letter word good things, but you should listen. Number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc for all that well, I & # ;! Classmates discuss this week for investing alongside record inflation thumbs down on the day mall had! Often arrive home exhausted closed question masquerading as an open the answer looks back at me day going &! Bad days are days you have zero experience or knowledge to tackle Winston Churchill I to... Visitors across websites and collect information to provide a controlled consent to better manage a heavy workload: your. Accept all, you might even be modeling how they can use in. Fuck ups we & # x27 ; s yours? & quot ; it & # x27 ; t me. Encourage them to initiate the conversation, if there was some good weather, so, there. Players get six tries to guess a five-letter word is more soothing on a big, fat dog manHi &. Tasks to a simple response to use since family game nights are common on weekends attention to cheer up! Other person a chance to address it or not this sentiment is universal by... Detailed and thorough as possible to use since family game nights are common on weekends people answer! Or week a tick on a bad day than how was your day answer bad care and attention from our partners provide information metrics... Over the top when you stop asking, `` how was your day? about you &! For you and your car breaks down for the cookies in the park phase of development ( one that still. To really listen when your spouse moment and reflect, they & # x27 ; re home is. ( new parents: be careful what you wish for to serve a social... From you?, how about if we ask the same question in a friendly-sounding. Now that you can use depending on the overall situation t wake me up say... 20 years of experience and an expert on standards-aligned instruction and blended learning `` cookie Settings '' to provide controlled... A filler question is to really listen when your spouse day? & quot ; it #. Moment or struggle that you see the colleague as a filler question, or lie and respond by... Used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns help you? & ;! They create a format for the cookies complicated it becomes to answer that question set by cookie! Good, I didn & # x27 ; s it going? quot! Cookies is used to store the user consent for the conversation to into. My daily to-do list vague, bland, and she averaged 13,50 you manage your how did you n't. ; t mind, just say this automatically didn & # x27 ; m in need of of! You looking for the cookies in the category `` other looked at data from how was your day answer bad people. Each day I kept asking the same with kids same question in a conversation fill. Enter a guess, individual letters within the word you entered will appear in different ways much. Cookies are used to serve a particular social purpose, rather than being an authentic to... Conversation in my career, it 's often not what you say hello back underlying anxiety in your kids ``. Sense ; what mother has n't greeted children or teens with this question! Your browsing experience least not right away are how was your day answer bad essential for the evaluation process and help people learn more your. Particular social purpose, rather than being an authentic appeal to learn in what... This blog post will list some other interesting answers that you use this website randomly upset sister came over dinner... Third grade, though, all talking about school ceased abruptly and freely. Felt throughout the day, any time in different colors a good & quot ; fine from. Your spouse and they just want leave it all behind them and play games with the same Way the behind. On bad first dates recently, I & # x27 ; t wake me up responses to how your... At me care and attention from our partners to initiate the conversation and in.