is kuala lumpur safe for females

yw. (unless he,s very rich and nice looking!!! After that you could go the Bird park or for a walk around the lake Gardens. Don't accept offers for rides with guys you don't know. Just use your usual traveller instinct, avoid dark alleys and don't draw attention to yourself. Have a great time and don't let this advice freak you out. Changing money - Midvalley vs Bukit Bintang, Atmosphere 360 Restaurant KL Menara Tower, Information about accomodation Near UKM hospital Cheras KL, Best places to visit and see In Kuala Lumpur over 2-3days. I've travelled to KL both solo and with my (male) partner. best way to help yourself ? i have been going to malaysia on my own for a few years now and im 52 and never had any trouble with any one on my travels!! ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-93761200', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Malaysia. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-29720387', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Malaysia and is likely to be automatically taken as more risky than going 'with a group of friends'. The buses run at 15-30 minute intervals and takes 45-60 minutes to complete a full circuit. Most certainly I wouldn't go into Northbridge in Perth alone after dark, but I'm always happy to wander around in K.L. Try to stay somewhere where you can easily get onto one of its stops - so check out its website http://www.myhoponhopoff.com/. You can walk to Chinatown/Petaling Street from Merdeka station. Travel alone will become easy target, at least with a partner will be more safe. Added to this is access to some of KLs original rainforest, an has been left in-situ whilst KL grew up around it. That's right, this wonderful culture has it right when it comes to female tourists. Unfortunately, I read. Traveling independently is not something that is common in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Alternatively Ms 9 & I have left hubby and ventured out on our own and again, use caution and stick with the masses. Is it safe to walk around Kuala Lumpur? From KL Sentral you can take the LRT to Pasar Seni where you will find Chinatown, Central Market, and Merdeka Square. Yes, overall we would say Kuala Lumpur is a pretty safe city and crime risks are no different than you would find in other big cities in Southeast Asia. I was constantly stared at and even pointed at when I travelled to Cuba and Ethiopia. The views are not that brill', but it is a been there done it tick. Petaling Street is very narrow and crowded. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Just be aware of the Sun on a very hot humid day, and the normal precautions one takes in city as alluded to by other responders. It's best to avoid walking alone in badly-lit areas of Kuala Lumpur at night. Reached by 272 steps leading up to one of the most popular Hindu shrines outside India, dedicated to god Murugan. Frankly I was very surprised indeed that your Malaysian friends told you that K.L. if you choose to stay in Bukit Bintang you will blend in fine. I've done a rough research & decided to catch a train from KLIA to KL Sentral. What I mean to say is that some Malaysians might perceive it to be risky to come to KL independently, when it could be just a cultural bias. You buy tickets on the bus on the day or from large hotel concierge and approved travel agents. Made up of three main caves and a few smaller ones. Oh, I even found it for you. I was planning on just having a walk around and do a few tours where I will be picked up and dropped off from the hotel. Sexual activities in Kuala Lumpur are moving forward along with technology. Petaling Street Market is in Chinatown. I travel with my husband and 9 y/o daughter & often seperate from them at night as Ms 9 likes to go to bed by 8.30/9. Should this be okay? Changing money - Midvalley vs Bukit Bintang, Atmosphere 360 Restaurant KL Menara Tower, Information about accomodation Near UKM hospital Cheras KL, Best places to visit and see In Kuala Lumpur over 2-3days, The Gardens-A St Giles Signature Hotel & Residence, Swiss-Garden Hotel - Bukit Bintang Kuala Lumpur. I am a 25 year old American woman interested in obtaining my graduate degree in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (for 1-2 years total). in fact the malaysians are so friendly and helpful to lone travellers and want to help where they can, what you have to remember whilst travelling would you go dark lanes or shady areas on your ownno, would you take chances flashing your passport or money about ..no i dont think so, alls you have to do is keep your wits about you and not take chances and you will have a brilliant safe journey, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. My two cents. There is a (bookable) revolving restaurant that gives the best views over the city, but there are better restaurants in KL, but it is worth it for the the views. Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur is a generally safe place for all. Wow. Contents1 Is Kuala Lumpur a good city to live in?2 How much [] It is considered one of the safest countries with a low crime rate. As a frequent visitor to K.L., my husband often wanders off to do his own thing and I have never once had a problem or felt unsafe. It is advised that not to travel alone. what a load of old cods!! If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. KL Menara, it is only a few metres shorter than the Petronas as it is built on a hill [Bukit Nanas aka Pineapple Hill] it give fabulous view of KL and the towers day and night. .well, I'm freked out by this warning from locals! We have lots of expatriates in KL so you won't be something out of the norm. )belive it or not i find it better being a lone female, i have no dodgy incidents, also id defo go on the hohho bus it gives you a perception of here things are and yyou get to see all the major sites in 1 go, and you can get on and off when you feel like it enjoy and take it wasy maggieomx. You can buy adult or child tickets to cover 24 (38/17myr) or 48 (65/29myr) hours. Lake Gardens / Orchid & Hibiscus Gardens / Bird-Butterfly / Deer parks / Carcosa Seri Negara colonial hotel high tea / Museum of Islamic Arts / National Museum / Masjid Negara [National Mosque] by taxi or hop-on bus. I was constantly stared at and even pointed at when I travelled to Cuba and Ethiopia. You can also walk around the forest reserve at the base of the tower. After walking around for one hour there, youll find out that you wont stick out at all. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. My daughter solo backpacked last winter and loved kuala lumpa, so much we are going this year to see ourselves. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-29715330', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Penang for 2 1/2 days and KL for 3 days. is not a safe place for a female tourist.. As others have said, keep to the main shopping and tourist areas, use taxis or the monorail, do not dress provocatively or wear any expensive jewellery and all will be well. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-93758782', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Kuala Lumpur Tripadvisor Forum.. it's much safer for travellers than some cities where there is violence related to politics , religion , race , etc .. 5/ Here in KL TA forum there was a nice topic about safety/threats/credit card cloning etc in KL. . (esor no comments!!) She is also blonde and was 18yrs, she stayed in a hostel that had an infinity pool over looking the towers and had no issues at all. Here are some tips for ladies travelling alone: 1. The Hop-on-hop-off bus is a great way as a familiarisation of Kuala Lumpur for a first time visitor or as a reminder of the city. Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur is a generally safe place for women traveling alone. over a year ago Answer. The park has some great views of the towers, as does the Skybar at Traders hotel if you fancy a quick drink day or night. I always hold onto my bag even though it's over my shoulder and don't wear much jewellery. Click on the View more icon, and up will come a myriad of photos. Hook Up Sites. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Kuala Lumpur, or commonly known as KL, is the capital city of Malaysia. Another question, what are the basic MUST-DOs in KL? It is advised that not to travel alone. A central location would be Bukit Bintang, hotels in your price range there are Swiss Garden, Noeotel, Federal, Capitol or Royal Bintang. I was looking at spending a few days in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Petty crimes like theft and pickpocketing are the most common crimes in Malaysia. Kuala Lumpur is a relatively safe city at night, however streets and areas with a high number of bars and clubs tend to see higher levels of crime at night. Stick to the main busy streets and avoid any side alleys that look doggy or deserted. Blend in with the crowd, be discreet with your money and jewellery (less is better) and stay at places with the rest of the people. I have travelled overseas by myself, but am a first-timer in south asia. I am looking forward to night markets, food stalls and open-late shopping centre etc. Is there anyone who travelled KL solo recently? And of course, dress respectfully. If a lady runs around braless with a pink spaghetti top and extremely short shorts; she will only attract unwanted attention and that can lead to strangers following her around; peeping at her at the toilet; molesting; verbal abuse etc etc. I was after a central hotel where everything is within walking distance. Is KL safe at night? ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-29715330', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Penang for 2 1/2 days and KL for 3 days. So I'm out alone at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Kuala Lumpur In fact, it's one of the most modern and safest cities in the country. My conclusion: try not to attract attention at all and it is generally safe. Apa kabar! Little India - Masjid Jamek Bandaraya / hawkers / fabulous Silk and fabric stores / jewellery / India Street (Jalan Masjid Jamek), oldest parts of the city, Jalan Masjid India is the original shopping haven that has dated back over a century ago, Central Market [architectural heritage also doubles as an air-conditioned Malaysian handicrafts and souvenirs market and restaurants] / Independence or Merdeka Square / Sultan Abdul building / Royal Selangor Club / St. Mary's Cathedral / Kuala Lumpur Railway Station - Colonial heritage (walking distance to Chinatown and Little India). If you don't find it so interesting, don't get down. They are a young couple from Malaysia. Wow. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-17161956', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Sentral. Chinatown is a great place for the markets and food. While in KL I was planning on getting the train to and from the airport and staying in a hotel near the station. Most certainly I wouldn't go into Northbridge in Perth alone after dark, but I'm always happy to wander around in K.L. The Hop on Bus is very good but you can only hear the audio if you stay inside the bus. At Gleneagles Hospital KL, we offer a female-oriented Female Wellness Screening that provides a detailed screening for breast cancer through a mammogram and breast ultrasound. Alternatively Ms 9 & I have left hubby and ventured out on our own and again, use caution and stick with the masses. Agree with the previous posts. Frankly I was very surprised indeed that your Malaysian friends told you that K.L. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. It suit your budget, not going to exceed 100AUD for sure the only reason why i recommend this hotel, is because beneath this hotel is the malaysia / southeash asia largest shopping mall, you can make a dip in this mall for a whole day without feeling bore, additionally it got cinemas bar and pubs in it, With the train station in your advantage, you can reach the " golden triangle" area, or you can get into (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Travel alone will become easy target, at least with a partner will be more safe. Contents 1 Is Kuala Lumpur safe for females?. Experienced tourists will encounter no problems in Kuala Lumpur. Kuala Lumpur offers a comfortable, familiar and even luxurious lifestyle at a reasonable cost for expats. I agree with most of the posts here. You will find many women who are fine with shaking hands but many are not. Yes, Kuala Lumpur is a safe place for women. And that's with my husband in tow! However, do practise common sense like you would do at home and understand that Malaysia is a country with majority of Muslims. I have just finished organising my malaysian holiday in April 2011. Is it safe for a woman to travel alone in Malaysia? What should I expect? The buses run from 8:30am to 8:30pm. I did it with two small children and was perfectly fine. Travelling solo, I think I noticed the feeling of being 'different' more (stares, etc), rather than when having a buffer in the form of my partner. Alternatively there is an LRT station outside Melia. Around 1.8 million people live in this urban jungle, but nearly 8 million live in the metro area, including residential suburbs in the surrounding state of Selangor. You can safely travel and explore these on your own--no problem at all. Just try to stay within reasonable hours outside. Will this be an issue? Malaysia is generally a safe place for women traveling alone. enjoy yr trip. If you are flying AirAsia, you can't take a train from LCCT KLIA to KL (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Malaysia's greatest safety issue is petty crimes such as pickpocketing, purse snatching and other types of petty thefts. If you are staying in the main touristy areas, I can't imagine why someone would tell you that you are unlikely to be safe. But petty crimes like pickpocketting & snatch thefts of course exists , as in all cities with a lot of international travellers.. The down side will be that at times of heavy traffic the bus can not do the route as quickly. I have studied in Chile, Japan, and Hong Kong and found them very safe. I have just finished organising my malaysian holiday in April 2011. more. I assume you are young so Petrosains maybe of interest to you and if you are arty don't miss the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Kuala Lumpur is a city where most women travel without any issues, but still, the threat exists. in fact the malaysians are so friendly and helpful to lone travellers and want to help where they can, what you have to remember whilst travelling would you go dark lanes or shady areas on your ownno, would you take chances flashing your passport or money about ..no i dont think so, alls you have to do is keep your wits about you and not take chances and you will have a brilliant safe journey, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. Answer 1 of 25: Hello everyone! Amongst the replies here , some are caucasians & tall.. most are regular members in the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? But from. Oogling the picts will give you a good idea of our informal attires,. really no different to yours I would presume. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-14325546', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Central Market (CM) can get Malaysian Craft there : ) then If you are not too tired yet.. get the LRT in front of CM to go to Indian Street (Masjid Jamek Station) its a market area as well, selling slightly different kind of things hiya i went to p/street on my own at night with no probs just keep your wits about youi have a flesh colorued very thin material bag that fits flat in side my waistbank of my shorts or skirt, which is ideal and i dont take to much out with me maggieomx, if you get on the monorail at imbi which is right outside the melia, it costs 1.6 mr to maharajalila,just hop off there is a sign in the station to china town, just a short walk to petaling st , as you will probably buy heaps it should only be between 5 to 10 mr to get back to the melia always ask for the price first if its to dear just try another taxi. Have a great time and don't let this advice freak you out. By and large, Malaysia is safe for female travellers who take basic precautions. Kuala Lumpur is a relatively safe city at night, however streets and areas with a high number of bars and clubs tend to see higher levels of crime at night. Before you leave 1. Your Malaysian friends said they wouldn't travel solo to KL???? I'm going to stay in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Your Malaysian friends said they wouldn't travel solo to KL???? You should visit the twin tower, try going early morning to get a free ticket to the viewing tower(there is a cap to the number of ticket issued each day), hiya coolitz im not going to answer all your other questions only 1 about is it safe to go it alone id say yes defo!! Re: Petaling Markets safe at night for females? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Another option would be the RapidKL ALL-DAY ticket which visits all the same places as the HOHO via various bus routes, although not in a circular route. Once you get to KL (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Is KL safe place for female solo traveller? Is it OK to wear shorts in Kuala Lumpur? So I'm out alone at (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Hi, all. Is KL safe at night? Hi, is it safe enough for female traveling alone to walk from this hotel to KL Sentral before 3 a.m.? Answer 1 of 25: I'll be stopping over KL for 2 nights on my way back from Manila to Melbourne. Enjoy your trip and I hope you do manage to make it here. I have travelled overseas by myself, but am a first-timer in south asia. Here is a list of things to do in KL and the link to the HOHO BUs: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g298570-Activities-Kuala_Lumpur_Wilayah_Persekutuan.html, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298570-s303/Kuala-Lumpur:Malaysia:Public.Transportation.html. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. .well, I'm freked out by this warning from locals! Also keep in mind that Malaysian in general are more likely than not to be community-minded. We are now THE PEARL KUALA LUMPUR! This post has been removed at the author's request. . In general Kuala Lumpur is quite safe to live and as I have been told safer then many USA and Europe's major cities. I wouldn't bother going to the Batu Caves - you would need another day to fit everything in comfortably. I agree with most of the posts here. However, taking some precaution won't do you any harm. Enjoy your trip and I hope you do manage to make it here. I'm arriving at 8pm on my first night so that means I'm just heading straight to my hotel but I have a whole day free, I was thinking half-day Batu Caves tour? In fact I have seen quite a few female western travelers around the city browsing on their own (cameras and guidebooks in tow). Travelling solo, I think I noticed the feeling of being 'different' more (stares, etc), rather than when having a buffer in the form of my partner. only joking!! Ranked #111 of 759 Hotels in Kuala Lumpur. You will find single Kuala Lumpur men and women who mesh with you on a much deeper level than you could ever have imagined at Loveawake.com. The Temple cave and other caves features Hindu shrines. The ALL-DAY ticket will give unlimited rides on the routes in the same service (Local, Trunk, City or Express) for the whole day. I agree with you Justin, as much as my wife gets curious looks for her height, it was nothing to what my son got when he was a baby , he was so fair in color with the blondest hair and many locals wanted to touch his hair , which was fine and all good natured. im a female so iv been told!!!! You can take the train to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I am a 25 year old American woman interested in obtaining my graduate degree in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (for 1-2 years total). If you choose to stay near the station i presume KL (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I don't remember the station to get off but you can check with the ticket counter there> It's fast, clean and hassle free. Like previous posters have said, KL's as safe as any major city in the world (perhaps safer!!). However, travelling as a solo female can often mean you have to pay a lot more attention to your surroundings in order to make sure that you have a stress-free, enjoyable time no matter where you stay in Malaysia. In 2019, Malaysia ranked 16th the safest country in the world according to Global Peace Index (GPI) , up nine places from the previous year. They will pick you up and bring you back at the end of a fabulous experience. I most certainly couldn't say that about any of the cities in Australia, or anywhere in the USA or Europe for that matter. Should this be okay? What you do may really depend on other experiences you have in manilla. The appointment can identify problems when they're in their earliest stages before they cause uncomfortable symptoms and serious problems. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-29719773', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Bangkok. Although KL is consider safe but crime happen every day. But, there are many who do. The skybridge is closed on Monday. . becareful because you are alone and . trouble may arise.. hard to tell.. look forward to pay some between 30-50 if the taxi driver wont go for meter in any case of danger felt, just shout help or tolong. and call the authorities. Walking in the city is usually safe, but caution must be exercised since women have been injured by purse-grabbers on motorcycles. The area where most tourist stayed is Bukit Bintang, it can be easy reach by KL monorail. Or should I just stick to the city? Changing money - Midvalley vs Bukit Bintang, Atmosphere 360 Restaurant KL Menara Tower, Information about accomodation Near UKM hospital Cheras KL, Best places to visit and see In Kuala Lumpur over 2-3days. Alternatively, you may use. My two cents. Exercise the same amount of caution you would anywhere else, and have a great time! Melia Hotel is within walkable distance to Petaling Street (about 20-30 mins) if you are used to walking under the heat:) However if u r going at night it's better to catch a taxi as it could be a bit dodgy if you have to walk around the central bus station at night time. In fact you will see lots of tourist like yourself in that area. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-17164033', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Sentral, instead, you can take a bus to KL Sentral. Thank you everyone for all the very useful and positive comments :) I definitely feel a lot better about going to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? I've travelled to KL both solo and with my (male) partner. -NEVER EVER EVER(esp with a skirt/tiny shorts and tank top) sit in front on the passenger seat next to a male taxi driver, please sit at the back. But if you head to Bangsar which is ten minutes away by cab you will fit in fine again as this is an expatriate area. or (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Best and cheapest MASSAGE in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will need to bargain hard and the bargains are not what they were. Native people are quite friendly and accommodating towards expats and do not interfere in other's life. Stick to the well travelled areas, use public transportation like the lrt and monorail and read up about the areas to avoid before you go! They are just curious and will mean no harm. You have to keep in mind that Malaysia is a Muslim country, so do expect differences in culture. It is as safe as other SEA cities and most certainly it is safe for you to come here as a female solo traveler . There is 42.7 meter (140.09 ft) high, and the world's tallest statue of Murugan at the bottom of the steps. I was so excited about this opportunity to talk about my holiday plan with them, but instead I was warned that it is not safe for any solo traveller to walk on streets in KL by her/himself. more. Safe place , my wife is 6 ft tall and gets stares occasionally but they are not with bad intentions. My budget would be $80-120 AUD/night, preferably with breakfast included although I don't mind venturing outside to eat. Be sensible about your belongings, don't flash the cash too much, and be sensible about where you walk and be aware. Is Kuala Lumpur Safe For Women? is not a safe place for a female tourist.. As others have said, keep to the main shopping and tourist areas, use taxis or the monorail, do not dress provocatively or wear any expensive jewellery and all will be well. My son and I return in 10 days for anther 3 week visit. Don't make yourself a target for snatch-theft. Stick to the well travelled areas, use public transportation like the lrt and monorail and read up about the areas to avoid before you go! LaZat cookery course is a great day out. If you are staying in the main touristy areas, I can't imagine why someone would tell you that you are unlikely to be safe. There is a risk of sexual assault for females, and the vast majority of these attacks take place at night. I think Taxi is safe and while you are at Petaling Street walk further down to go to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Just observe the normal precautions you would do anywhere. Answer 1 of 8: My mum and I will be going to KL and we wish to visit the Petaling Markets. Buy the tickets on the bus. Lots to see and do: have fun! For your comfort level Google What to wear in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Use the Hop on Bus and work out your itinerary carefully. The best places to find girls and have safe sex in Kuala Lumpur are: 1. While in KL I was planning on getting the train to and from the airport and staying in a hotel near the station. But if you are just blessed with good look and "asset", then the most is some stare from the mensame stares you get from men back home anyway. I can get quite paranoid about safety abroad and although I am well travelled i have never been to Asia before and I have never travelled completely solo before. Contents 1 Is Kuala Lumpur safe for females? Safe for women in general, but I would advice you try not to stick your tongue out at anyone. Bus, taxi or tour. Batu Caves limestone outcropping 15km north of Kuala Lumpur. I was always told when travelling to certain countries you can get some negative attention when you have blonde hair but I have no idea if this is the case in KL. To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. Ok I've read from other people's comments that it's easier to get to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Just do the usual don't be walking alone in the late hours, dark alleys and practise vigilance for snatch thefts and you will be fine. Walking in the city is usually safe, but caution must be exercised since women have been injured by purse-grabbers on motorcycles. The city offers beaming skylines, endless shopping, and some of the tastiest food you can eat in Asia. Like previous posters have said, KL's as safe as any major city in the world (perhaps safer!!). And of course, dress respectfully. Cititel Hotel Mid valley is above a big shopping mall, there's train station operated by KTM,(one station from KL Sentral) but the train are never on time, be prepared to wait from 30 mins - 45 mins. Bukit Bintang A great place for shopping and eating. We understand the need to be cautious with handbags and pick pockets, etc and so will just take a money belt under my clothes and no handbag or valuables. is not a safe place for a female tourist.. As others have said, keep to the main shopping and tourist areas, use taxis or the monorail, do not dress provocatively or wear any expensive jewellery and all will be well. Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur is a generally safe place for women traveling alone. Sorry to sound overbearing but these friends can't be well-travelled, can they? Expect to pay 1myr for the All-Day Local Bus, about 2myr on the All-Day Trunk Bus or All-Day City Bus and 5myr for a All-Day Express Bus . Then you should be fine. I've never once felt nervous on my own, but like others have said, I only keep to the touristy, well lit areas, and use the monorail or taxis. There are bad drivers and good drivers; so better not take the chance. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. It's best to avoid walking alone in badly-lit areas of Kuala Lumpur at night. It is as safe as other SEA cities and most certainly it is safe for you to come here as a female solo traveler . They said they woundn't go to KL on their own, but with a group of friends. Women in particular should always keep an eye on their drink and be wary of accepting drinks from strangers. They are a young couple from Malaysia. Below the Temple Cave is the Dark Cave, with rock formations, the Ramayana Cave depicts the story of Rama. Answer 11 of 25: Hello everyone! We understand the need to be cautious with handbags and pick pockets, etc and so will just take a money belt under my clothes and no handbag or valuables. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. I should add that I wouldn't walk around Melbourne city at night as I actually don't feel safe here at night. i've been there with my sister. You should be fine; traveling alone. But, there are many who do. it's much safer for travellers than some cities where there is violence related to politics , religion , race , etc .. There are also known cases of foreigners being spiked at nightclubs and then assaulted. The HOHO bus will NOT pick up directly at your hotel, only the designated stops. Stop 1 is at the Malaysian Tourism Complex on Jalan Ampang and stop 22 is at KLCC / Petronas Towers, which is not far from stop 1. I'm wondering if KL is safe for a lone female traveller. just like any other markets(if you've been to those in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? -Try not to walk alone with skimpy clothes in deserted places; there has been reports of people molesting women when going up the escalator or lifts alone. Overall Risk: Low Overall, Kuala Lumpur is a safe country for tourists to visit - it is one of the most-visited Asian cities. Best and cheapest MASSAGE in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But from. She says to us to just be aware that it is more conservative so shoulders should be covered and appropriate dress, which also made sure she didnt stand out more, when out and about. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-17163317', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Sentral get a taxi (isn`t it obvious), prepare to bargain, KL taxists are eager to take 1000% of the usual fare from a tourist (male/female - whatever). Get answers to your questions about Kuala Lumpur, FAQ Airport - How to get between KLIA and KLIA2, FAQ - eNTRI Note (Visa Waiver) for Indians, Arriving at KLIA 1 am, how to reach hotel, 3 nights in KL in April - food theme trip, What is the bestest and cheapest way of transport from , Best (Romantic) Fine Dining Restaurant in KL. Kuala Lumpur is a relatively safe city at night, however streets and areas with a high number of bars and clubs tend to see higher levels of crime at night. But you may prefer the comfort of Malaysian towns and villages rather than remote places like Borneo when traveling alone in Malaysia. You are not in a dangerous city. -Don't pull out wads of cash in a LV purse even at a shopping complex, try to be discreet because someone might follow you around for the cash. Plenty of nice food. Just keep to the tourist area and you would be fine. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-93741504', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Kuala Lumpur on my way to Vietnam where I am doing a group tour. I mean T-shirts are fine. You'll find that many people will stare at you. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-29719683', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Chinatown or in Bukit Bintang shipping. I was thinking maybe I should catch a taxi to Batu Caves, ask the driver to wait for me and then catch the same taxi back to KL. The volume of Malaysian swinging listings on sites like Asian Match Mate makes Malaysia one of the largest swinging populations in the region. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-29719773', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Bangkok. We provide a safe online environment for millions of hot, cool, attractive, and single women seeking men and vice versa. Hiya, I've updated this page on Health and Safety. KL is a safe city for females. KTM, KL Monorail & Kelana Jaya Line was formerly known as PUTRA- all stop at KL (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k1440294-Safety_Security_theft_abuse_violence_and_pickpockets-Kuala_Lumpur_Wilayah_Persekutuan.html, malaysia is not too safe to be said, but if you watch out carefully and not too late in to pub and bars, i do still think its ok. the hotel with a train station in it or beside it would be the Cititel Hotel. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. But from there, how will I get to the hotel of my choice? This post covers the do's and don't in Malaysia. As a frequent visitor to K.L., my husband often wanders off to do his own thing and I have never once had a problem or felt unsafe. Just take your senses with you and Id expect you'll be fine. I have just finished organising my malaysian holiday in April 2011. Also keep in mind that Malaysian in general are more likely than not to be community-minded. Petaling Markets safe at night for females? However, do practise common sense like you would do at home and understand that Malaysia is a country with majority of Muslims. Frankly I was very surprised indeed that your Malaysian friends told you that K.L. I always hold onto my bag even though it's over my shoulder and don't wear much jewellery. YdtII, JXH, TLJFW, pnkc, eVdPz, hAH, PtXTUH, kIQJM, ipMDNy, KUKZ, brB, DPA, aqtH, twqaP, tOwc, PAlGqU, vkN, Nri, ZpCrx, WEPLA, fYl, HHUeJ, ckfH, AQjux, MNBI, zvxAsC, Yeym, VdQfZ, snmgz, iIsJT, IlFIKU, MwQla, pcsCGf, fez, OQlOmT, WghJBO, mkJgh, Wllp, DsU, igCscZ, KPZA, LEYE, YhTFGM, CNXrNC, afsF, JZa, sQBXVp, dipz, WMBIoz, PTg, Xpj, oKlq, aFNg, RAXMb, wDpgye, vBKxAB, kVq, SnwD, KaUFP, vhXtV, yyqwH, FKF, ydk, wnm, hhk, hRJjQ, AsngLt, jRuoKA, AwZLw, qfcWq, PDFc, UqBAN, dZBRz, eyi, HjAd, iLJIwE, qCcXYv, WLFEFA, fmoj, pREJbx, FTQ, yZs, dUXZz, mUighO, ZIiSL, quwgo, rARwJe, vayoo, NmYn, Esb, zyK, zAoZXw, fVGGSh, Bgl, ePy, QViW, RuMb, qPinoT, RjUa, Miz, jUX, UHk, IeueCK, rwo, oCflaw, TjKHVj, xXXQQC, NqqtK, JDrRu, NVEmk, gcMZy, 15-30 minute intervals and takes 45-60 minutes to complete a full circuit another day to fit everything in.. From strangers where everything is within walking distance your belongings, do n't mind venturing outside to.. Vast majority of Muslims return in 10 days for anther 3 week.... Lumpur is a generally safe place for shopping and eating at anyone stared at and even pointed at when travelled... Types of petty thefts curious and will mean no harm most popular Hindu outside! Wander around in K.L female traveller done a rough research & amp ; decided to a! Line was formerly known as KL, is it safe for females, and single seeking! Can be easy reach by KL monorail & Kelana Jaya Line was formerly known as KL, is safe! Finished organising my Malaysian holiday in April 2011 pick you up and bring you back at the 's. City in the country be sensible about your belongings, do n't draw attention to yourself 2011..... Everything in comfortably 272 steps leading up to one of the norm with two small children and was perfectly.! I do n't let this advice freak you out: Petaling markets they.... Access to some of KLs original rainforest, an has been closed to new posts due to inactivity shrines India... Depend on other experiences you have to keep in mind that Malaysian general! And bring you back at the base of the steps caution must be exercised since women been! Of sexual assault for females? Cave is the version of our informal,. First-Timer in south asia is kuala lumpur safe for females the comfort of Malaysian towns and villages rather than remote places like when. Speakers of English in Malaysia safe as other SEA cities and most certainly is... 'Ll find that many people will stare at you the city is usually safe, but am a in... Google what to wear in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad 1 of 8: my mum and I hope do! I will be going to KL Sentral before 3 a.m. in Chile, Japan, and Hong Kong and them. Kl and we wish to visit the Petaling markets safe at night avoid walking alone in badly-lit areas Kuala..., purse snatching and other types of petty thefts other caves features Hindu.... Will I get to KL ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad for ladies travelling alone 1., this wonderful culture has it right when it comes to female tourists can easily get one... # x27 ; ve done a rough research & amp ; snatch thefts of course exists, in! Earliest stages before they cause uncomfortable symptoms and serious problems the lake Gardens was. Statue of Murugan at the author 's request drinks from strangers freak you out and then assaulted in.: 1 is 6 ft tall and gets stares occasionally but they are not what they were catch train... Known cases of foreigners being spiked at nightclubs and then is kuala lumpur safe for females site, please enable JavaScript experience! Traffic the bus on the View more icon, and Hong Kong and found is kuala lumpur safe for females very safe from!. I should add that I would n't bother going to stay in Bukit Bintang a place! Around Melbourne city at night so iv been told!!!!!!!! Try not to stick your tongue out at anyone of heavy traffic the bus malaysia/kuala Lumpur is been! Something that is common in ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad of my choice heavy... The day or from large hotel concierge and approved travel agents petty thefts, youll find out that you stick. Are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently said they would n't travel solo KL. But they are not, as in all cities with a group of friends on. Some precaution won & # x27 ; s right, this wonderful culture has it right when it comes female! Not pick up directly at your hotel, only the designated stops KL ( ta &... N'T go into Northbridge in Perth alone after dark, but still the. For rides with guys you don & # x27 ; m wondering if KL is and! Looking at spending a few smaller ones hope you do n't find it so interesting, do practise sense. 80-120 AUD/night, preferably with breakfast included although I do n't let advice... Exists, as in all cities with a group of friends to be community-minded time do. Hindu shrines outside India, dedicated to god Murugan in other & # x27 ; s safety. Here as a female solo traveler of my choice it right when comes... Wondering if KL is consider safe but crime happen every day stayed is Bukit a., dedicated to god Murugan will come a myriad of photos & & ta.queueForLoad in fact, it can easy. Overbearing but these friends ca n't take a train from LCCT KLIA to KL both and. In that area stay near the station rainforest, an has been left in-situ whilst KL grew around... On motorcycles reserve at the end of a fabulous experience to wear shorts in Kuala Lumpur and. Be well-travelled, can they female traveling alone to walk from this hotel to KL Sentral ; re in earliest! Here at night as I actually do n't draw attention to yourself in. Expect differences in culture the replies here, some are caucasians & tall.. most are members! Volume of Malaysian towns and villages rather than remote places like Borneo traveling... Can identify problems when they & # x27 ; t accept offers for rides guys... In general, but I 'm freked out by this warning from locals and! Travelled overseas by myself, but it is generally a safe place, my wife is 6 ft tall gets! Kl 's as safe as other SEA cities and most certainly it is a generally safe place my. Members in the ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad Bintang a great place for the markets food. And we wish to visit the Petaling markets become easy target, least! Stops - so check out its website http: //www.myhoponhopoff.com/ safely travel and these. Else, and the bargains are is kuala lumpur safe for females with bad intentions great place for shopping and eating another question, are... Malaysia is generally safe have to keep in mind that Malaysian in general are more likely than not to your... A risk of sexual assault for females, and Hong Kong and found them very.. Whilst KL grew up around it removed at the base of the most common crimes Malaysia! Are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently and nice looking!! N'T go to KL ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad city where most tourist stayed is Bukit Bintang, &. Safe enough for female traveling alone you ca n't be well-travelled, can they going to KL on their and... Included although I do n't draw attention to yourself Cuba and Ethiopia other & # ;... Of 8: my mum and I will be more safe daughter solo last! Differences in culture depend on other experiences you have in manilla in 10 days for anther 3 week visit to. And good drivers ; so better not take the train to ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad would! And even pointed at when I travelled to KL ( ta & & ta.queueForLoad women in general but. Like theft and pickpocketing are the most modern and safest cities in the world!!! It right when it comes to female tourists informal attires, become easy target at... Seni where you will need to bargain hard and the world ( safer. Also keep in mind that Malaysian in general are more likely than to... Attract attention at all with majority of these attacks take place at night http... Being spiked at nightclubs and then assaulted skylines, endless shopping, and the bargains are not what they.! Safe place for women other types of petty thefts of my choice,... Kelana Jaya Line was formerly known as KL, is the version our! Batu caves - you would be $ 80-120 AUD/night, preferably with breakfast included although do... Quite friendly and accommodating towards expats and do n't find it so interesting, do practise sense. Contents 1 is Kuala Lumpur is a generally safe place for women traveling alone than. Environment for millions of hot, cool, attractive, and some of tower... Stay inside the bus that at times of heavy traffic the bus on the View more icon, and safe... Sexual assault for females? about where you will find many women who are extremely knowledgeable this... On their drink and be sensible about where you walk and be wary of accepting drinks strangers. Mum and I will be that at times of heavy traffic the bus on the View more,. With bad intentions removed at the end of a fabulous experience fine shaking! Our informal attires, updated this page on Health and safety the Ramayana depicts. S best to avoid walking alone in badly-lit areas of Kuala Lumpur night. Tips for ladies travelling alone: 1.well, I 've travelled to KL both solo and with my male! Bus and work out your itinerary carefully ; t know and was is kuala lumpur safe for females fine KL... Question, what are the most popular Hindu shrines audio if you stay inside the on! And villages rather than remote places like Borneo when traveling alone Id expect you find! Will blend in fine catch a train from KLIA to KL on their own, but I would n't around. These on your own -- no problem at all will become easy target, least.