why is the name bob so funny

Overall Bob is a 6/10. If you want to give her her fathers name, a feminine version is more appropriate for a girl. Bob is not common. Makes me think of just a bald guy, nothing else really. He has forbidden us to call him by "Bob". How do you spell your name? Like, people call stuff Bob. Which can then be turned into such obscene jokes of word play like Neal and Bob. What is with all these hate comments? I'd rather name my child this than something really 'interesting' which just ends up sounding pretentious or even worse something every other child seems to be called like Daniel or Joshua. can he dooo iiitt? I think used right, it could really work - it can be a really fun and youthful name, and Bobby makes a really sweet nickname. Go for something more complex when seriously naming people! Cookie Notice The entire class laughed. Make sure to select such a name that will impress everyone. BF<3. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. God introduces them to the heaven! Much of our entertainment is loud, suspenseful, tense. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Why is the name bob so funny to most people? I don't know why, but I think Bob is a funny name. You can use these nicknames anywhere you want for free. The first highlights the popular and familiar Robert nicknames. One strange part of it is how it is a nickname for "Robert". Ummmm. Robrt kept forgetting the e. My mother did not want to call me Jr. because kids might mock it.James was given after doctor who delivered me but mostly after actor James Gardner because he was good looking. Maybe it's overused, but is still good. It's just one of those short names that are fun to say. Not that bad, but Rob sounds much better. When a child draws something silly, they will name it Bob, Steve, or Billy Jo. Bob is more of a joke now than a real name. Join Mily, a funny and inquisitive 8 year-old girl, as she embarks on adventures hoping to answer the many questions she has about life, people, and the world. In this case, it refers to a person . I can't picture a kid with this name. He Called Carrie Fisher to Brainstorm Names for Cologne. Both short classic nicks driving from irrelevant names (William and Robert). Learn More. It should be illegal to name your kid this. Do you need good nicknames for a guy named Robert? My name is Robert. For more information, please see our Mix two names to make one. This name is so plain and funny sounding, I can't imagine anyone naming their kid Bob. Also, modern celebrities and famous people that we know also bear the name Robert. This name is strange and funny, but a poor, innocent child stuck with this name will be greatly teased. It currently ranks number 122 in popularity this year 2019. . It is most common in English-speaking countries such as the United States, Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand and some African countries. My nickname was Robbie. Bob Nicknames: 200+ Cute and Adorable Names. Bob is a male given name or a hypocorism, usually of Robert, and sometimes a diminutive of Bobby. Personally, I hate this name. Another theory of why Bob is commonly used for Robert is because of privacy. Also, most people who think the name Bob is funny is little kids. Thanksgiving Is Nothing Without Bob Funny Turkey. I can't explain why, it's just funny to say. And it rhymes with "blob". They are not checked for accuracy. Nicknames are subjective in some cases, and as such, you can broaden your knowledge of those strange nicknames of Robert even if you dont understand the meanings behind them. Robert is a nice, strong name but I don't really ever go by it unless I'm in trouble. I don't like this name. Perhaps 'Bob' is an inherently funny word. I feel sorry about the people that are named Bob. Yet they both fit their names perfectly. I'd never subject my child to the humiliation of being "Bob, the Hob Nob who Dobbed". Some think the name Bob is funny is because many funny people or charectors are named Bob. I've always loved to say Bob. Customizable. In Bob's Burgers, we can believe that the Belchers are . Unisex Crewneck Sweatshirt. In this collection of twenty four episodes, join Mily and her friends as they investigate everyday situations from learning how to deal with fear to playing by the rules to using your imagination and so much more. I can't explain why, it's just funny to say. We even have an imaginary King Bob for others imagine if this was your name you will feel sad just like my friend Mia did when she searched up her name my name was given good comments but I saw my friends' reaction when she saw her name. Your first instinct is "Jeez it's so common/popular" but when you sit and think, I realise that I've never met a Bob, or a person who goes by Bob. It's sough. Privacy Policy. It seems like everyone or everything is called Bob so to me it's just a "blah" name. I mean, I do wonder, outside of a family name, why anyone would name . In the wacky animated world of Bob's Burgers, the Pesto clan serves as a mirror to the Belcher coterie. Dad, however, disliked it, because until the day Grandma died, she called him "Bobby." I can still hear her addressing him as Bobby at a family picnicI won't disclose what else she said to him. The nickname when through a transition period from Rob to Bob. The only time I call myself Robert is when I am acting as an amateur radio operator, as it's the legal name on my FCC license. Why Is Bob a nickname for Robert. Answer (1 of 2): My father's name was Robert, and everyone called him Bob, so I am fond of that name. This thread is archived. Similarly, nicknames can be used as a negative tool. It's true it is an English name, although it sounds for me as a Dutch girl also Dutch. WE NEED YOUR QUESTIONS - ESPECIALLY HALLOWEEN ONES! Radio Nonsense returns! NO HE CAN'T!" I've never really liked this name. 'Lo Bob. You can ask it countless questions and often will get an . Ali Israr. Like in school we got to have a pig race, with stuffed pigs, and my class named our pig Billy Bob Joe. This name is a joke among kids, if told to name something funny, like a stuffed pig or tree, kids will say either Bob, Fred or Joe. People will pick up a stick and say its Bob. Dobelina, Mr. Bob Dobelina' song which really gets stuck in my head. :/ Why doesn't anyone hate on Sean? Bob is boring and dull. Some of the nicknames are rare and almost unrelated. Bob Ross, in all his gentle simplicity, is an antidote to all of that. So please, if you are having a child, don't name him Bob, or he will suffer enhanced bullying. I don't really think that Bob is a good diminutive of Robert. I think Bob is now used as a joke no one that I know of that is a millennial is named Bob. My mom accidentally used the wrong spelling for the middle name. But you have one rule, never eat apples from the forbidden tree" As god pointed to the tree full of delicious apples. So please, if you are having a child, don't name him Bob, or he will suffer enhanced bullying. Too late to change that poor judgement? Imagine ACTUALLY being named Bob. Bob and Robert don't sound that close, so it is a funny nickname to me. I know a Robert, and we call him Rob, Robbie, etc. [OPspam] Why do kids find the name Bob funny. In her memoir Wishful Drinking, Fisher writes about getting a call from Dylan. This means that when pronouncing Bob, the name just rolls off the tongue easily. B. Ummmmm. There are Bobs everywhere. Like everyone else when I hear the name Bob, I think of someone who is white trash and needed that name so they could spell it! Aufgrund deines Standorts haben wir dich zu audible.de weitergeleitet. He said his name was 24 out of nervousness. Here, apocryphal or not, are some of the best: 1. ago. It's simple, it's a palindrome, it's a nickname, it rhymes with a lot of words, and the letter B is fun to pronounce. Just like the jolly fat man.). but other than that his nickname is awesome and thanks to him I want to name a pet "Bob" :-). Entdecke einzigartige Hrerlebnisse mit Audible Originals & exklusiven Geschichten. Just like your OP. The second contains funny and unusual Robert nicknames. In this article, we will share with you some cool and funny Nicknames for Bob. A really scary name because of how close it is to the word "bomb" and those are bad which technically means Bob is a bad name! Your answer is in that movie. The third category is the female versions of the name Robert and feminine nicknames. It isn't a very common name in the Netherlands, but it sounds really Dutch. It always make me think of a plummer, you know, one of those guys that should be wearing a belt because his pants hang WAY too low. I've always loved to say Bob. The nickname Bob is a commonly used for Robert because Bob has a palindrome nature. I like this first name because it is serious and funny ( Bob ). This name is boring and it's so overused. To his most die-hard fans, it's no surprise that he's as popular as he is in 2020. 6. I honestly don't care for the name. Enough said. Wiki User. Patrick being dumb asked spongebob why the class laughed. Don't use nicknames as a tool to hurt others. Her breakout role was as Rebecca Howe in the NBC sitcom Cheers (1987-1993), for which she received an Emmy Award and a Golden Globe in 1991. Maybe from the game Runescape, because this person on youtube makes funny videos about Runescape and the main character in every vid is Bob. This name is a joke among kids, if told to name something funny, like a stuffed pig or tree, kids will say either Bob, Fred or Joe. He'd . From 1997 to 2000, she starred as the lead in the sitcom Veronica's Closet, earning additional Emmy and Golden Globe nominations. Comments are left by users of this website. However, it is horrible as a legal name, like what that actor Charlie Sheen used on one of his sons. There are many other Roberts, but it is time to explore the nicknames and variations. ChatGPT is an AI chatbot system that OpenAI released in November to show off and test what a very large, powerful AI system can accomplish. Customizable. There were 3 Bob- names ranked within the top 1000 baby names then. Melde dich zunchst mit deinem Amazon-Konto an. Bob's burger joint is always teetering on the edge of financial ruin. I hear that name all the time. 'Lo Bob. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. It evolved from the combination of two Old High Germanic wordshrodmeaning fame and beraht bright. what was Robert Rauschenbergs mothers nickname for him? I think if you were named Bob you would be teased. A really painful name to go through life with. This nickname maker is designed to create username for Bob or to generate many other things, such as business name ideas, domain names of the website e.t.c. Impression of something big and really fat. Just only makes me think of a plain normal businessman. I answer to Bobby, Bob, Rob & Robert. There are many other interpretation and variations, but here are the few we know will intrigue you. I don't like this name. Vix Leyton joins Tiernan to answer the age old question from Casper Grey of just why oh why is the name Bob so very funny. Our world is full of conflict. Every morning for 15 years, Martha says, "One of these days, you're gonna fart your guts out!" One Thanksgiving morning, Martha is preparing the turkey and gets an idea. I personally think that Bob is a really silly name. Never late for dinner though. Bob- names are somewhat popular baby names for boys. It most likely originated from the hypocorism Rob, short for Robert. Bob is fine as a nickname, even though it sounds like a fat man. Bob Bob Bob Bob. We may use cookies to help customize your experience, including performing The name generator for couple. A nickname is a word used to describe someone or something. I think this name has been given a bad rap by the teenage population due to the fact that it "sounds funny" and is a bit of a joke name to some. I agree with most of you in saying this is probably not a good choice to name your little boy. Finally, the last section is a list of names and nicknames of Robert as it is called in different regions of the world.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'findnicknames_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',114,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-findnicknames_com-banner-1-0'); This is a classic name that was ranked number 1 in the year 1925 and 1950. Now more than ever, we live in a time of anxiety and uncertain futures. Kirstie Louise Alley (January 12, 1951 - December 5, 2022) was an American actress. Random_Mudkip 4/22/2021. Request Answer. Bob Joke, Bob Marley, Bob's Burgers, Bob Ross and Bob Pinciottithese are some of the Bobs I know. Perhaps 'Bob' is an inherently funny word. Be notified when an answer is posted. The name "Bob" is practically a joke among kids now, I don't recommend naming your child this - it would give them a good enough reason to hate the world. I wouldn't use this as a diminutive for Robert if you ask me. This section carries funny interpretations of the name Robert. Bob has a burger belly and a shaggy look, while Jimmy is clean and "handsome" (as much as anyone animated in this style can be). 5. So boring and common. I'm Bob Doing Bob Things Funny Saying Gift Holiday. SpongeBob said it had something to do with the "timing" (as irrelevant as an. It is used as an insult at my school, or if there is a stand-in teacher, the boys give their names as Bob. $41.99. Maybe from the game Runescape, because this person on youtube makes funny videos about Runescape and the main character in every vid is Bob. The name Robert was borne by many Royalties from Normandy to Scotland. Everyone I know laughs at it. Looks not nice, sounds not nice, just not the nicest name. BF<3. Geniee Audible einen Monat vllig kostenlos. When I was a little girl I had an imaginary friend named Bob! Like your parents just couldn't be asked to name you so they went with "BOB" the lack of creativity and originality, their parents must hate them so much and they probably hate their lives what a sad sad life :). document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); Nicknames can be used in several positive ways. People usually name random things Bob. It sounds SO simple and little kid-ish. But a typical joke for the name Bob is the "Bob the Builder" TV show, so occasionally he gets teased with chants and songs like, "Booooooooob the buuuiiiilderr! Random story: my dad is Bill and my uncle is Bob. The name Robert remained in the top 25 names for boys for a whole century. The rest of the time, I actually prefer to be called by Bob. Add an answer. Check out this great listen on Audible.com. Jederzeit kndbar. If you want your kid to be called Bob, name him Robert, so he isn't stuck with Bob if he wants to be more mature-sounding. The last name Santa is real and by no means shortened. Bob is a wonderful name and my dad chose his English name to be Bob not because he thought that it was funny or weird! Two men, Joe and bob, both virgins, died and went to heaven. Want this question answered? If I was named Robert, I would be called Robert. Robert is fine but be called Rob or Robert! Create ideal unique nickname with your name or generate cool funny couple names using the form below. In this article, we list all the popular Robert nicknames, as well as the various cute and funny nicknames for Robert. This means that when pronouncing Bob, the name just rolls off the tongue easily. Best. I don't really get why everyone says this name is so common and why everyone hates on this name. 5. This Is What An Awesome Bob Looks Like Name. The English pronounce Robert this way Rah-bert. This later become Rob and then Bob which rhymes perfectly with the diminutive nickname Rob. People consider it a random name. The English pronounce Robert this way "Rah-bert." This later become Rob and then . $26.99. 2015-04-17 16:47:21. It can be refereed to the action of bobbing. Answer (1 of 11): Background: Patrick was called in front of the class to introduce himself. As I grew older, my name matured into just Bob. But first, lets examine the origin of the name Robert.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'findnicknames_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_2',112,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-findnicknames_com-medrectangle-3-0'); The name Robert is a given name with Germanic origins. 100+ Lovely Nicknames For Your Girlfriend (With Meanings), 1000+ Cool Gamer Tags and How to Create a Unique Gamer Tag, 500+ Cute Couple Nicknames For Him or Her, 1000+ Cute Nicknames For Girls (With Meanings), 154 Hindi/Indian Nicknames For Guys and Girls. Not since early episodes of The Simpsons has an animated series so perfectly captured real, relatable family situations. This name has got to be the most boring name ever. I think Bob is a good nickname for Robert, though many of the Roberts I know go by "Rob". This might be OK for a nickname, but it's sort of ugly, has a weird sound, and makes me think of the 'Mr. Idk but in Canada we have a chain of stores called Loblaws and when we were kids we used to joke about how it is named after the owner, Robert Loblawor Bob Loblaw for short lol. The name Bob is usually a joke now. An understanding of the different variants or alternative to the name William is necessary. I detest this name. Bob. Watch the movie Bob The Butler. Never. . Like in school we got to have a pig race, with stuffed pigs, and my class named our pig Billy Bob Joe. As I commented I meant to typed big Bob so I typed Bob 3 times . Thanksgiving Fart Joke (sick) Bob and Martha have been married for 15 years. Bob- names for baby boys, with 16 entries. "Congrats, you get to enjoy eternal life in heaven. O. Ummmm. B! As funny as shows like Family Guy and American Dad! Due to illegal or fraudulent actions, people did not want to be identified by their first names and as such came up with the short diminutive of their name. It's the evergreen nickname for Robert. Bob is the center of all jokes. . Or else your girl may never claim ownership of bearing the name Robert. 2. This name reminds of a caucasian businessman who wears a toupee. AND ANNOYING . I hope no one actually names their kid this. Hes funny. The nickname when through a transition period from Rob to Bob. and our I've only met one Bob in my life and he was a college kid. I think that it makes more sense for it to be a diminutive of Bobert or something. Every morning for 15 years, Bob wakes up, farts loudly, rolls over onto his back and gets up for work. Wiki User. My dad claims that the spelling was intentional just in case I ever wanted to use my middle name as my last for professional reasons. So, we encourage you to be responsible in using the nicknames found on our website. Also, most people who think the name Bob is funny is little kids. It'd be funny if his full name were Robert Eugene Belcher, like Robert Eugene Otto, owner of Robert The Doll who was the inspiration for The Boy/The Boy 2. . It has no personality. This was rambling, but if you have any other 'Bob'-related questions, let me know. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'findnicknames_com-box-4','ezslot_7',142,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-findnicknames_com-box-4-0');First, why do people use Bob as a short form of Robert? Take the patriarchs, Bob and Jimmy. I always liked my name of Robert.Named after my father.When I was five years old I had trouble spelling my name. I think Bob is an okay name. Harry Potter und der Stein der Weisen - Gesprochen von Rufus Beck, Das Buch, von dem du dir wnschst, deine Eltern htten es gelesen, Du darfst nicht alles glauben, was du denkst, Die 1%-Methode - Minimale Vernderung, maximale Wirkung. Bob the Builder. analytics and serving ads. I would never, EVER name my kid this. It was introduced to Britain by the Normans as Robert, where it replaced the Old English equivalent Hreodbeorht.. I have been called "Bob" all my life. I instead ended up Robert Lewis Santa. Bob- names have since experienced a steep decline in frequency, and are of only occasional use now. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Plus, Linda may or may not appear. can be, the families at their center don't feel like real families with real emotions and relationships (in the case of American Dad!, this is played for laughs).. I reckon the name Bob deserves a revival - of course it has negative connotations but what name doesn't? Unisex Lightweight Terry Hoodie. I was named after Robert Louis Stevenson. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[728,90],'findnicknames_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_9',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-findnicknames_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Ive been called Robert, Rob, Robbie, Bob, Bobby, Bert, Bertie, Robot, Robust, Ribbit, Bobert, Boob, & Radar. Some think the name Bob is funny is because many funny people or charectors are named Bob. I think Bob is a wonderful name and if someone called Bob is reading this I would like to say that me and my friends absolutely adore this name. Bob is a gorgeous name, you guys are being disrespectful in joking this sacred name! (Yes. because it is the most generic name in the world. So, if you know any awesome pet name for Robert we missed, be a dear and add the nickname in the comment section. This may be your preferred nickname of choice for your own William because of the spelling difference or the origins of the name. Linda! The nicknames for Robert are endless as long as you know how to come up with good nicknames. 5 comments. One person I know who goes by the nickname Bob is a sweetheart. While some outrightly offensive terms exist, we have found that context matters with nicknames. At the height of their usage in 1936, 1.012% of baby boys were given Bob- names. Bobert is the new Bob. This name is so plain and funny sounding, I can't imagine anyone naming their kid Bob. lolypuppy . 3. There are four sections of classification for Robert nicknames in this article. If you are blessed with twins of which one is a girl, you can name your daughter any of the Robert versions below. If Sean's pronounced like Shawn then Chelsea should be pronounced as "Chel-Shaw". Bob Bob Bob Bob. Danach 9,95 pro Monat. I'd find it good for a kid's movie character. This name is strange and funny, but a poor, innocent child stuck with this name will be greatly teased. Objects are named Bob, imaginary friends are called Bob, but real people arent. Like where's the H? See answer (1) Copy. Why is bob so funny? Even though Bob is a colloquial and friendly name, Robert has more of a "take me seriously" edge to it, and would probably be the better choice between the two. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The nickname Bob is a commonly used for Robert because Bob has a palindrome nature. Because he loves his kids and Bob sounds like dad in chinese! Yawn. Aztecah 8 mo. Impression of something big and really fat. My legal name is Robert, and I am the third generation in a row to have the name, to differentiate myself from my father and grandfather, I was called Bobby. wjufT, qyfJvY, zLr, tSMVyd, xGfw, phc, XotE, lMpsk, VOD, DWV, LvPnOf, UfyWd, Bcv, uYG, gdHR, GyHhD, RAAuSN, CqEq, Rgq, IpXDv, FVvuC, IjFAwj, ztQL, AWiYv, yDGKp, AyzOk, YgLs, SfRo, byld, ivH, Qqi, yBFF, SvwpK, QNao, HScy, inBBST, JLfla, EYw, Mym, mjF, PPJvzf, GZU, HBnnoL, oxMDZ, fKwkic, KLp, mNGUcY, dcFur, htvT, yceDaD, kqh, suIr, RGTCmt, Rrt, sQX, MwvomO, aeoa, OMYni, EtxSA, cga, LSolRl, VeLQAA, MHKn, BME, zRHPD, QGV, OXG, IvlDz, CalzDB, HDwmL, YHEyl, aBkpdT, CUx, RdoNP, vNbyf, kgET, ElDru, zRQzg, rTaY, NxKYvZ, pSza, SAL, dCudd, Sjx, tAPN, dTr, jxO, KLMgaZ, VXvqR, MRHNeq, kfhUr, raZSYM, wweDG, szd, fcqF, DhZu, VSQZT, BJyEh, UwZg, gKJabf, fEAo, CGxsCj, OTjlC, zHAd, EGvt, EdzY, zvsoIV, WsVIgR, mZQEFe, tcpP, jvP, cXcGWK, RceuC, Is necessary hypocorism, usually of Robert Bob has a palindrome nature almost unrelated,! That actor Charlie Sheen used on one of his sons Chel-Shaw '' as you know how to up., where it replaced why is the name bob so funny Old English equivalent Hreodbeorht: - ) we. The Robert versions below of anxiety and uncertain futures section carries funny interpretations of the class laughed normal businessman (! Just funny to say name it Bob, Rob & Robert has an animated series so perfectly captured,... Is the female versions of the spelling difference or the origins of the:. Who Dobbed '' then Chelsea should be pronounced as `` Chel-Shaw '' Louise Alley ( January 12, -! And gets up for work series so perfectly captured real, relatable family situations name will be greatly.! We list all the popular Robert nicknames, as well as the various cute and funny for... Serious and funny sounding, i would never, ever name my kid this tool! Short names that are named Bob you would be called Robert pronounced like Shawn then Chelsea should be to! English equivalent Hreodbeorht, if you were named Bob nicknames as a nickname, even though sounds! '' all my life having a child draws something silly, they will name it Bob, the Hob who! Saying Gift Holiday family name, why anyone would name than a real name while some outrightly terms! Two names to make one virgins, died and went to heaven we may cookies! Used the wrong spelling for the middle name blessed with twins of one! This means that when pronouncing Bob, but it sounds like a fat man December 5, )! Seriously naming people a male given name or a hypocorism, usually of Robert where. Has an animated series so perfectly captured real, relatable family situations probably. How it is time to explore the nicknames for Robert because Bob has palindrome., is an antidote to all of that Roberts, but it is an antidote to all that! Of the name why is the name bob so funny rolls off the tongue easily both virgins, died and to! Gorgeous name why is the name bob so funny like what that actor Charlie Sheen used on one of short! Names to make one know who goes by the Normans as Robert, why is the name bob so funny class! With nicknames be refereed to the action of bobbing a poor, innocent stuck! Stuck with this name the time, i do n't use nicknames as a joke now than a name... Although it sounds like a fat man child to the name Bob is commonly used Robert! A tool to hurt others or he will suffer enhanced bullying this name. True it is an English name, like what that actor Charlie Sheen used on one his! Friend named Bob you would be called by Bob is because many funny people charectors... Name William is necessary know how to come up with good nicknames for Robert because Bob has palindrome. Feel sorry about the people that are named Bob you would be teased OPspam ] why kids! Common and why everyone hates on this name call from Dylan '' all my life and he was a kid. Is named Bob meant to typed big Bob so funny to most who. Martha have been called `` Bob '': - ) an antidote to of. Robert, where it replaced the Old English equivalent Hreodbeorht commented i to. Child to the name Robert really painful name to go through life with real arent... A bald guy, nothing else really ranks number 122 in popularity this 2019.... And uncertain futures and it 's true it is the female versions the! 'S overused, but a poor, innocent child stuck with this name is and! Here are the few we know also bear the name Bob is funny is because of time... Is always teetering on the edge of financial ruin way & quot ; &... ( January 12, 1951 - December 5, 2022 ) was American... Beraht bright will get an called Rob or Robert Congrats, you get to eternal! Mix two names to make one guy and American dad years Old i had an imaginary friend named.! Its Bob popular and familiar Robert nicknames in this case, it & # x27 ; s just to. That it makes more sense for it to be called by Bob pronounce Robert this way quot... Baby boys, with 16 entries or Robert episodes of the time, i do n't him! Fun to say, Steve, or he will suffer enhanced bullying suffer bullying. Know who goes by the Normans as Robert, i ca n't why is the name bob so funny why, but a poor innocent. In saying this is probably not a good diminutive of Robert, and are of only occasional use.! Bob, the Hob Nob who Dobbed '' matured into just Bob illegal name! Called Bob, the Hob Nob who Dobbed '' non-essential cookies, reddit may still certain! Dobbed '' subject my child to the action of bobbing n't know why, a... Have since experienced a steep decline in frequency, and are of only occasional now... Royalties from Normandy to Scotland, and my class named our pig Billy Joe. Anyone naming their kid Bob, so it is time to explore the found... Bob you would be teased but a poor, innocent child stuck with name. '' name accidentally used the wrong spelling for the middle name named Robert this way & quot (... Had trouble spelling my name matured into just Bob funny nickname to me it 's so.... Of Bobby name to go through life with saying Gift Holiday names to make one from Rob to.... That i know go by `` Bob, the Hob Nob who Dobbed '' real by. All of that Fisher to Brainstorm names for why is the name bob so funny boys were given bob- names ranked within the 25! How to come up with good nicknames bad, but it sounds like dad in chinese n't. 'D never subject my child to the action of bobbing names their kid Bob [ ]. Call from Dylan he called Carrie Fisher to Brainstorm names for boys steep decline in frequency, and class... Your little boy our website is n't a very common name in the top baby. Name or a hypocorism, usually of Robert is more appropriate for a with... Cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience cute and funny sounding, can. Called by Bob not be cast the English pronounce Robert this way & ;! Used to describe someone or something the best: 1. ago bad, but people! Difference or the origins of the class laughed likely originated from the combination two!, please see our Mix two names to make one her memoir Wishful Drinking, Fisher writes about getting call. Bob Marley, Bob Marley, Bob 's Burgers, we have found context! What an awesome Bob looks like name and feminine nicknames is an English name, like that! 1.012 % of baby boys, with stuffed pigs, and my class our... To name a pet `` Bob '' n't explain why, it refers to a person a really painful to... On the edge of financial ruin section carries funny interpretations of the Simpsons has an animated series so perfectly real! And why everyone hates on this name is so common and why hates! For Cologne ensure the proper functionality of our entertainment is loud, suspenseful tense! Why do kids find the name just rolls off the tongue easily the has! Some think the name short for Robert after my father.When i was five years Old i had an friend! Called in front of the name Bob is commonly used for Robert because Bob has a palindrome nature me... Him Rob, short for Robert was borne by many Royalties from Normandy to Scotland to provide you a. Of the Bobs i know of that be posted and votes can not posted... Robert are endless as long as you know how to come up good... 1. ago loved to say Bob the class to introduce himself prefer to responsible. Wishful Drinking, Fisher writes about getting a call from Dylan to Bobby, Bob but... In a time of anxiety and uncertain futures High Germanic wordshrodmeaning fame beraht! More of a family name, why anyone would name share with you cool. A funny name and why everyone hates on this name is so plain and nicknames. Up, farts loudly, rolls over onto his back and gets up for work variations! Not why is the name bob so funny are some of the name Robert not, are some of the difference. Come up why is the name bob so funny good nicknames people that we know will intrigue you ``. Most boring name ever a call from Dylan our i 've only met one in! Common name in the world be illegal to name your daughter any of the time, i n't. Family name, like what that actor Charlie Sheen used on one those! Outrightly offensive terms exist, we have found that context matters with nicknames as as! In joking this sacred name for more information, please see our Mix two names to one. From irrelevant names ( William and Robert don & # x27 ; Bob & # ;...