honest teacher vibes podcast

She is also a part of a podcast called Teachers Off Duty! Im like, not as I noticed that. I was like my students' auntie in school. And so that was actually my favorite video to make. Its a deeply embedded systemic problem. I do keep a log of video ideas and suggestions, so more videos down the pipe. This year was my fourth year teaching. what they need. Im from a little small town called Jackson, Tennessee, went to Union University, graduated with sports medicine degree and ended up going back to school to become a teacher. For her, I have to tell their stories. And you know, I got up to take my kids to lunch and I was still so dizzy. Because, you know, we feel like we should be doing more or, you know, we feel like we should be playing with our kids more and its like, the reality is like, we cant do everything. And he said, That wasnt me. Like I almost took it down when it was like 50k. Bri has made it her mission, with the platform that she has created, to bring awareness to what teachers are dealing with in schools today, and sometimes with a little humor. Hey teacher friends, you are in for a huge treat today. If you ever meet her out in public, feel free to stop and say HEY BEST FRIEND! Because I dont work for you [the school system] anymore. Yep, absolutely. Itll be so fun. There are so many exciting things happening at Wife Teacher Mommy, and one of those is our virtual summer event: Educate & Rejuvenate. And she kept telling me this way, youre getting sick at school, like Bri, I know you want to stay and I know you love teaching, but do you want to have a stroke at school? Asleep. The crazy thing is my favorite video is actually one that was not teacher content. I had a friend in NYC tell me that a second grader maced her in the face, and they would not let her go to the ER. ("No. And I just was like, something is not right. You know, even before I started social media, with being a teacher, and being a mom, you know, there were times where I came home, and I have papers to grade or I had lessons to plan and, you know, you know, your kids, like they climb all over you. Okay. Find Pole Dance Classes in Bloomfield NJ - We provide list of top Pole Dance Classes Pole Dance Lessons Pole Dance Teachers in Bloomfield NJ Also Get best quotes and view details. Some of your kids are absolutely terrorizing teachers. Yeah, and Im like, I dont work for you anymore. Schools have pretty decent health insurance sometimes. And listen, at this point in teaching, a lot of teachers dont quit, because, you know, they either feel like they cant transition, they dont know what job they will transition into. Since the start of the pandemic, many educators have left the classroom or are considering leaving. It is going to be such a great time. Because I think our listeners will want to watch that after hearing all about it. Tune in weekly to hear Kelsey and her guests cheer you on and help you thrive as a wife, teacher, and mommy. And its no wonder based on all of the various obstacles, tasks, and expectations that teachers deal with on a daily basis. Between lesson planning, grading, meetings, and actually teaching, it probably feels impossible to show up for your students without dropping the ball in other areas of your life. So you know they always say like theres no time like teacher tired. - Listen to Honest Teacher Vibes with Bri Richardson by Social Studies instantly on your tablet, phone or browser - no downloads needed. And Im like, Okay, if Peyton is like, all up in your face, put your stuff down, take a second play with her because, you know, if its a minute, shes gonna be bored with you, and shell do something else. You can also find Bri on The Bored Teachers Comedy Tour 2022. It is her fourth year as an educator she uses humor as a way to relieve stress and deal with all the craziness that comes with being an educator. Teacher-comedians, from left to right, Devin Siebold, K.C. I remember feeling so sad at the end of the day when I put my keys on the desk and I had the luxury to walk out and she didnt. Its been so fun to finally, as we were talking about before we got on the call finally talk face to face. Briana is one of those people who has never met a stranger. And as soon as I get done, Ill play with you. So you can stop and spend some quality time with her. The state of education is really deteriorating. And we are so excited to have you. And I think like 800k on Instagram. If its up to someone else, that wont happen. It was a hot mess. Im like, Oh, I miss you wake up. It was. Shes a mom, educator, influencer, and most importantly, has a passion for helping others. Your email address will not be published. I love laughing I love having a good time. Love that. We have a good time because like all of us are class clowns. Because the situation in itself is like really frustrating. And so Im one of those people that I feel like I can handle a lot. And I just was howling. Join our Facebook group: Wife Teacher Mommies Unite. Episode 37- Honest Teacher Vibes Dec 8 2021 Length: 34 mins Podcast Listen for free View show details Summary In this episode, Tom and Josh talk with Bri Richardson. So fun and I will link to that as well in case anybody wants to come see you and the rest of the Bored Teachers whos all on that tour? So Id be trying to grade papers and, you know, do lesson plans and my daughters, like, pay attention to me, they want the attention. That can be with anything, you know, like just put it out there. You know, your body tells you when you doing too much. And I feel like God gave me a platform. They didnt have the professional courtesy or human decency to let this woman go to the ER. Thats why Im like people who have more than one kid shout out to you because I want them on when I got because I can look at her and get tired. Thank you for the support you are amazing! Yeah, its definitely its definitely a balance. Ill also be talking about, you know, mom guilt, and you know, the stuff that comes with that, and the stress that we put, you know, on ourselves with that, and some ways that I that I combat those things. That's a phrase that I've heard over and over from so many teachers. I think they do. And the crazy thing is, Im one of those people like I tried to like push through to the point where like, my body has to be like Hey fam, like we we cant push through, you know? I am a 6th grade ELA teacher. Since leaving the classroom, Bri has also started a YouTube series called Teacher Stories, which has a very different feel from her Honest Teacher Vibes on Tik Tok. We have sessions including life coaching skills, talking teacher burnout, and learning amazing teaching strategies that you can implement in your classrooms. And so, being a mom and being a teacher, just being a mom and in working, you know, and being in the workforce in general is just such a juggling act. And I was like holding on to the wall. You would have to have an army of invested people to turn around the public system school in the United States. At The Educator's Room, we focus on amplifying and honoring the voice of educators as experts in education. 48 minutes Description This episode Joe chats with the incredibly funny TikTok sensation Bri Richardson (HonestTeacherVibes) about the pains and joys of teaching middle school and performing comedy in front of strangers before Joe shares some wild teacher emails, including one that involves actual murder! So like that. T-shirts, posters, stickers, home decor, and more, designed and sold by independent artists around the world. Because if I would have took that down, those main videos kind of pushed me to I think I was at like half a million followers when I started making them. You also agree to our privacy policy. So lets get to it. Theyre tiring. Kids need to feel like they have someone in their corner. And so it was really hard for me to put my keys on my desk, and leave, but I was just like, I cant even fully do it justice, trying to explain the environment that it was like, and it sounds you know, to people, it may sound like well, you know, you could have gave them a two weeks. Nobody deserves for their mental health to be failing. There are 8 different cognitive functions, and they are as follows ~ Fe. And I can say what I want. Admin being scared of kids or trying to be their friends is never going to work out for teachers. Teachers are still leaving teaching. I already have my degree. Now theyre you know, tired like teacher, Mom tired? Kiala Settle who was the bearded man from the grid? And so, you know, I consider myself as somebody that has like, really good classroom management, like, I grew up in the hood, like, Im like, the patron saint ratchet kids, kids dont really stress me out like that, like, I have a good relationship, you know, with my students, and, and they, you know, look at me, like theyre auntie at school, you know. A post shared by Avneet Kaur Official (@avneetkaur_13) Avneet is an Indian actress, dancer, and model who was born on October 13, 2001. Yeah, I think so its going to be a great time. To join our mailing list, click here. It was honestly just like this project that I took on. Yeah, yeah. And thats why Im really excited to have you at our event this summer, where were going to help teachers kind of rejuvenate themselves and feel ready to tackle the next school year, and really kind of just learn from everybody there. And so I made this anchor chart of you know me telling my kids they better act right when I have a substitute teacher. in a way that only a best friend could, so HEY BEST FRIEND!! There are career coaches that help teachers transfer out of teaching. Because I thought I was dealing with some crazy stuff. And youve been going on tour, too. Because I was always paranoid they were going to come in and observe me. As a small Youtuber, this will greatly help me to improve my channel. Learn more about your ad choices. And I was like, No, theres nothing wrong with this video. I love how youre using that platform, because even just hearing like, you know, your story, and you know, Ive heard other teachers stories like that as well. And like, thats amazing response. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. So now its fun to you know, be able to do that on the internet. And you know, Im trying to come up with some resources and some support and some ways to help and support these teachers that cant leave and they dont have an option to leave. I just watched you do that, like, and so I came home, and I was like, You know what, Im gonna make a Tik Tok with that character. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Bri about the state of public education and her new YouTube series, Teacher Stories. Theyre funny because theyre true. I also want to wake parents up to this is what your kids are doing at school. But if its really, really bad, and you can transition out, Im telling you transition out. Have you signed up for The Educator's Room Daily Newsletter? Be sure to sign up for my FREE sub plans here! Down another teacher! But your walls are better. And you know, I had never been sick at school before. This mission is especially important when reporting on education in our community; therefore, we commit our readers tointegrity, accuracy, and independencein education reporting. Anna-Thea want to help you discover . It is going to be such a great time. And nobodys going to call my baby, my three year old and say mommy died at work because she was trying to stick it out for school that did not care about her health. But if you are a teacher, who you cannot afford to leave, and you are in a toxic environment like that, you got to find some ways to survive, right? And I was like, What is going on? I'm so grateful to have you as a follower and as a friend! This time it's Honest Teacher Vibes. Thats truly amazing. And its no wonder based on all of the various obstacles, tasks, and expectations that teachers deal with on a daily basis. Like, I remember that video. This past school year has been really difficult. And I love watching all of your videos and everything that you do on Honest Teacher Vibe. It was one of those things like let me try to laugh to keep from crying. I loved being a teacher. This interview is a part of Educators Unsilenced, a monthly interview series on The Educators Room by Lanee Higgins. Thats so cool. Isnt it so funny? And that teacher stood there with me the whole time. Ive cried. ENTJ: I'm sorry, were you talking to me? So excited to be a part of Cameo and have a way to connect to all of. Can you tell us a little bit about your experience with balancing teaching and being a mom? But, you know, one of the things that I do is if Im working on something, especially now, you know, with social media, and working for teachers full time and traveling, one of the things that I try to do is when I am at home, I try to spend very, very intentional time with my daughter. And so, and like hindsight looking back, Im like Bri, why did you not like grab another teacher and say, Hey, I feel like Im about to pass out like I need somebody. I remember my account was at like, 50,000 followers, and I was like, What the heck is going on? So without further ado, let me introduce Bri. And it's no wonder based on all of the various obstacles, tasks, and expectations that teachers deal with on a daily basis. You put all the class clowns together, and its like a huge party, Im sure a huge party. And I got no response. Read our privacy policy to find out more. And I really didnt do Tik Tok like my twin sister did it and she, you know, had to call her and ask her like, hey, how do I do this like how do I make this video? So true. I love that. I remember the teacher I was talking to before I got ready to leave. Like that situation is just so frustrating in and of itself. Turn your home, office, or studio into an art gallery, minus the snooty factor. There is a lot of gaslighting that happens to teachers. Let go of any bitterness holding you back from offering forgiveness to those who hurt you, and understand the necessity of daily confession. And I heard her and I was like, Okay, I hear you. But I was just like, at that point, I was just so numb, and I was just so done. But you know, everyone still has like, what theyre going through, your feelings are valid. She uses humor as a way to relieve stress and deal with all the craziness that comes with being an educator. And then at the end of November, I had a student who you know, is now known as my Tristan character on Tik Tok. And then, you know, shes bigger now. I mean, thats really what it comes down to. And so, you know, I came to a point where I was like, okay, breathe, like we got to, we got to figure out, you know, a way to, you know, have some balance and dont ever feel like, you know, youll have like complete balance. Some of these admin county office people, they guess, like these teachers so bad, and hear me when I say, I know, theres good admin out there, there are really great admin out there. So we just finished we did a tour in Florida for spring break in we just last week finished our Northeast tour in Boston and Philly, got to perform in Time Square like it was its yeah, and then well our summer tour will probably start the second week of June. If my twin sister and I came to school and we had a bad morning or just needed a second, my teachers would say, I know you had a rough morning. I just thought that was like the funniest thing I had ever seen. Yeah. I can feel the positive vibes coming through. So its really fun to hear, like kind of the origin story behind Honest Teacher Vibes. I create videos to inspire adults with disabilities as well as teachers and parents as they work to create better outcomes for those impacted by learning disabilities. You know, dealing with kids all day long, and then you come home, your kids are hyper. After seven years of teaching, she left the classroom in May 2021. And it was like a really scary experience. It was too many of them in that class. And I was just I had like this bad gut feeling in my stomach. But Im like a class clown type of personality. Join our Facebook group: Wife Teacher Mommies Unite. Yeah, they want that attention, and maybe they will do anything to get it. I am still, like, it is the craziest thing ever. Follow her on Instagram @wifeteachermommy. But I started teaching ELA and was like never mind. Honest Teacher Vibes with Bri Richardson This past school year has been really difficult. And so that was a very interesting year. Yeah, so its so crazy, like this was two years ago, right? Im Kelsey, and I created Wife Teacher Mommy just for YOU! And so its just, its just trying to find a balance. Because when my six the three and a half years, I was in sixth grade, I had good admin. And theres no way out. But moms, theres just a level of mom guilt on us that society puts on us and that we put on ourselves. You may have seen her on TikTok as Honest Teacher Vibes. And as best as you can, especially in the day and time that we live in, you push back against the stuff that they asking you to do. Her name is Made To Rise on Tik Tok. Take your days. And Im like, who am I? Temporarily unavailable. And then, you know, Ill also talk about being a mom, you know, and a social media influencer now, and kind of what my schedule looks like with that. And so thats so cool. One of the things that I love about Bri is that she has such a unique story to tell and shes not afraid to be fully transparent. Im like a Yo, like, thats like 50,000 times worse than what you know, there was than what I was dealing with. Honest Teacher Vibes Leaving Teaching, My Thoughts | Teacher Vlog 18,737 views Mar 29, 2022 Like Dislike Cindy Lumpkin 6K subscribers Down another teacher! They are quitting daily. Check out Bris Tik Tok Honest Teacher Vibes, Follow Bri on Instagram @honestteachervibes, Wife Teacher Mommy: Mentioned on Podcast Amazon List, Episode 3, Stop Grading on the Weekends with Chrissy Nichols, Episode 12, Conquer Your Teacher Burnout with Amber Harper, Social-Emotional Learning In The Classroom & Why Its So Important. For access to every single Wife Teacher Mommy resource, join the club at www.wifeteachermommy.com/club. Editor's Note: An earlier version of this post stated that 500,000 educators have left the classroom which is incorrect. I cant wait to connect with you! No, thats just not the way life is like, you can try, you know, for balance, but life is just not thats not realistic for life, you wont always be able to find balance. And I love and totally relate to basically everything you said there, like, especially I loved how you talked about, like, you know, after 15 minutes shes done or whatever it was, it was actually, I cant remember what it was reading. And so because I could handle, you know, kids with like, large disciplinary problems, and things like that, that gave me you know, a lot of kids like that. I hope that the series gets picked up by bigger news or something that will get these teachers stories out there. The Teacher Struggle is Real If Teachers Were Honest On Their Online Dating Profiles 0 views All Videos The Teacher Struggle is Real Are you sleeping? And those main videos pushed me to like 700,000 followers, because I kept making you know, those type of videos. Oh yeah, I roll and like blew up on Tik Tok and have like, 100,000 views and I was like, What the heck, like, the most Ive ever gotten was like three or 4000. First-Year Teachers: Raise Your Hand If You've Been Bullied Too. People need to know were not being dramatic. Your host, Kelsey Sorenson, is a former teacher and substitute turned homeschool mom. the pains and joys of teaching middle school and performing comedy in front of strangers before Joe shares some wild teacher emails, including one that involves actual murder!Learn more . Do you have the link to that video handy? Right, your feelings are valid in the mouth. See last months interview here. This was your health were talking about which like you said, its like you know, at the end of the day, whats most important is your health and you want to be there for your daughter. But Mommy will stop, you know, set a timer or something. They think youre a jungle gym, theyll never climb on their dad like that. How are you able to find the humor in everyday things and turn it into these videos? Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School student Mei-Ling Ho-Shing addressed the Illinois Education Association Representative Assembly. And there was the sound on Tik Tok that was trend in called Try Jesus Not. Then they asked me to become a teachers assistant because I was a pretty consistent sub. And then you will also be joining us at our virtual event this summer, Educate & Rejuvenate. Yeah, my name is Bri Richardson. I mean, for a lot of teachers in general, theyre still learning how to do that. But there was something saying that for every, like, 20 minutes you spend with your child, you like by yourself two hours to work on whatever you need to which obviously, Im like, Im not looking at my time with my daughters like a transactional type of thing like that. The tools educators deserve, to give students. And I literally everyday, like Im still in disbelief. We have a very open conversation about her struggles with physical and mental health in the education environment, which ultimately led to her decision to leave the classroom. I could relate so much to some of her latest videos. The reason that this persists is because teachers cant say whats happening to them because they will get fired. And now Im not teaching anymore. When she goes to bed at night. And instead of human beings, he put like human beans. If admin says Well we dont have any subs. Say I have the time and I am going to use it. Our curricula and professional learning are grounded in research and focused on fostering the Whole Child with vertically-aligned lessons that teach SEL and character, side-by-side. So you could have waited until the end of the year or whatever. So is get yourself some Starbucks before you go into work, cut your lights out during your planning period, find your teacher bestie that you can vent to, you know, when you get out of school, in the evenings, if you have kids, give your kids some do, and you sit on the couch, and you have a glass of wine and you whatever you got to do to take care of yourself, because the people who have the power to change what were dealing with in the schools, it doesnt affect their pocketbook, it doesnt affect their money, so they dont care. And, you know, you can see that with all the followers youve gained, people really relate with you and the humor, and the stories you have to share. Bri: Lack of consequences for student behavior and lack of support from admin. And I love that youre willing to, you know, use your platform in that way to be an advocate for these teachers. Break out your top hats and monocles; it's about to classy in here. It is her 4th year as an educator. And so when I went back in December, right before Christmas, they had already given my sixth grade position away. Like if you create some content and just leave it and see you let the audience decide if they want to watch it or not, dont you decide. Bri: You are replaceable at school but not at home. And you know, how as moms like, we dont realize were sick until right when we start to feel our symptoms, because were trying to push through a lot of stuff. Of course, Im so glad youre able to be here. Three weeks ago Briana Richardson, the middle school ELA teacher also known as the social media sensation Honest Teacher Vibes, left her classroom too. Teaching is one of the best INFJ careers that make money, as INFJs are naturally exceptional teachers. And Im like, message them two weeks before trying to find a solution. Youre given those sick and personal days, but its frowned upon when you take one. To date, we have over 40 staff writers/teachers from around the world. And the crazy thing is that when I made the video, I got a community guideline violation for it because Tik Tok is just so crazy, sometimes like, and so I almost deleted it. Yeah, 2 million followers on Facebook. And I hate that I had to walk away a couple weeks ago, but it was for the best. So I submitted an appeal and Tik Tok put the video back. On today's episode, I have guest Bri Richardson from Honest Teacher Vibes to discuss the realities of teaching and the importance of listening to your physical and mental health.Resources Mentioned: Check out Bri's Tik Tok Honest Teacher Vibes Follow Bri on Instagram @honestteachervibes Subscribe to Bri's YouTube channel Teachers Off Duty . I love q&a as man just never know whats gonna pop off in the q&a. A student who I saw him do something and I said, Hey, stop that. And its grown into like this huge thing. I think that some of the funniest thing is like when I look at, like stand up comedians and things that make me laugh. So, you know, for a lot of first and second year teachers, theyre still learning how to do that. And I mean, Kelsey, I was like, bawling, crying. And so I tried to present it in a humorous way to make teachers laugh. And youll be one of our keynote speakers, which is going to be so much fun. High quality Honest Teacher Vibes inspired canvas prints by independent artists and designers from around the world. But I had like a similar kind of story like that, too, which, if anybody wants to hear that its on episode three of the podcast, but I feel like so many of us have kind of that moment where like, Okay, I need to change some things. And then while youre in the thick of it, like you said, finding that time for self care, because youre the only one who can do that. And it was too many behavior kids in that class all together. And its not funny, you know, people know, Honest Teacher Vibes gonna be funny. And whether thats leaving education, or whether thats finding a different school thats more supportive, because you know, not every school has, like, you know, a dire toxic environment and others do, you know, like, every teacher story is different. Then in October or November 2018, I went back to coaching and long-term subbing. Bri Richardson is a 7th grade ELA teacher with a passion for bringing humor and joy to the classroom. And its just like, you know, you should never be sacrificing your health for your job. Because with a little support and community, you can do it all. It was one that I made where I did different memes of people misspelling words. There are 567,000 fewer educators than before the pandemic either because educators left or their positions were cut. Why You Should Teach The Stars Beneath Our Feet. And shes like, Okay, mommy, I want to do something else. Yeah, there was a teacher that was standing there talking to me the whole time, that I was like crying and it was the end of the day, you know, we had like 40 minutes of school left, and I was just completely zoned out because I was like, I felt really sick. It made me realize, like some of these teachers, these things continue to happen, because these teachers cant speak out, or theyll get fired. Practicing Self-Care to Avoid Teacher Burnout, Using Your Teacher Expertise to Become an Educational Consultant. She shared it on her Instagram Stories. Getting Honest About Teaching: An Interview with Honest Teacher Vibes Sharing is caring! Never ever. It doesnt have to be quantity time all the time. And Im like, I have eyes. Yeah, its definitely definitely a balance. But because of the type of systems or structures that were not in place in the seventh grade building, like there were in the sixth grade, because our sixth grade building is in a separate building than our seventh grade building was. Today we discuss life risking it for that Tik Tok fame, is it worth your life in order to go viral? So can you tell us a little bit about how you started Honest Teacher Vibes and how your presence online grew to what it is now? And so you know, I called my principal and I went back to the classroom, but I taught sixth grade for three and a half years. And again, I feel like I have a platform. So that now I can be a voice for those teachers who are dealing with those same things and they cant leave. Anna-Thea have been educating, inspiring and empowering women for over 17 years. Im still like, in disbelief. So yeah, those observations, those observations like why please why? And Ill stop, and then Ill play with her for like, 15 or 20 minutes, because kids like they want you to pay attention to them. I mean, I have literally wept and cried over their stories. So Ill kind of talk about that. Bris journey through education and how she got to where she is today, The importance of recognizing when your job is affecting your physical and mental health, Tips for surviving if youre going back to school, A sneak peek at what Bri will be talking about at Educate & Rejuvenate. But thats like what it is we can have very intentional quality time. And its an injustice, what some of these teachers are dealing with in the schools, like, its just not, its just not right, like the stories that people send me. So Im gonna, Im gonna say exactly what these teachers are dealing with. You have a chance to win a nice big fat discount. Thats a phrase that Ive heard over and over from so many teachers. You know, there was a lot of, you know, disciplinary problems, there was a lot of stress, and not necessarily just from the grade difference. ago Yes!!! Ask Your Students. And I was basically ignored. But then like, they get to a point where theyre like, Okay, you can go away now like Im, Im done playing with you. And so if you are somebody who was in a school environment, like that, I will make sure that you know, each day and I know sometimes its not feasible because, you know, we cover in classes, they take our planning periods or whatever, but if you are a teacher who you know, you have your planning period, and you can, you know, cut your lights out, and you know, just relax for 20 minutes, put some music on, you know, saying talk to your doctor, if you need to have like anxiety medicine, its okay, no shame in that no shame in that, you know, do what you can and do what you need to do to take care of yourself. Required fields are marked *. Love ya - muah! So like, one day, I got, like, really dizzy, you know, sitting in my desk. And then we ended up going back to school in August. Half of our students were in school. I also enjoy reading, writing, and spending time with my family. She hits a lot of points and I don't think people really understand unless your in that situation. That's a phrase that I've heard over and over from so many teachers. Click here and support independent journalism! 44.7K Come get yaw kids! No signup or install needed. I kinda fell into teaching. Yeah, she shared it on hers. We're Glad You're Here! People have no idea what we deal with! These 'Bored Teachers' Are Hilarious. Want the Best Instructional Feedback? I try to be conscious of the fact like, okay, my little girls name is Peyton. All Rights Reserved. You can go to the bathroom. I was coaching girls basketball and subbing at one school. Please Stop Using Blaccent With Your Students. TikTok superstar, teacher and comedian, \"Honest Teacher Vibes\", joins Joe \"Mr. D\" Dombrowski for Socials Studies.#HonestTeacherVibes #JoeDombrowski #SocialStudiesPodcastFollow Honest Teacher Vibes on:TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@honestteachervibesInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/honestteachervibesJoin us on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/joedombrowskiListen To Podcast: https://plinkhq.com/i/1398685234?to=pageWebsite: https://mrdtimes3.comTour: https://mrdtimes3.com/#showsInstagram: https://www.instagram.com/mrdtimes3TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@mrdtimes3Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mrdtimes3 Theres only so much teachers can handle without an appropriate system and structure. So if you were in the club, definitely make sure to watch for the time for the q&a, because youll want to come to that one live. I love ELA. My life is like wild, right? Then we call you for help, and you want to know what we did to your kid. This site uses cookies. That day, I got sick again. Ive wept over these stories. And so I realized, you know, the teachers like to see content that was relatable to them, and what they dealt with in the classroom every day. Its unrealistic for you to play with her all day long, because youre not three like youre, youre her mama, not necessarily her playmate. And youre like, Ill make me be quiet, because theres my own platform. Not the toxic self care, no, no, in professional development, my God, for sure, like, not the like toxic positivity, like, oh, yeah, everythings great. Adaptive Intelligence, a Powerful Tool for School Leaders, Ask The Educator's Room: A Not-so-supportive Support Staff & A Teacher With a Mugshot, Five Picture Books Students Will Love for Celebrating International Day of Persons with Disabilities, Practicing Self-Care to Avoid Teacher Burnout- An 8 Week Course, Teacher Branding 101:Teachers are The Experts, 10 Ways To Help Students Develop a Growth Mindset, Testing Season: Prepare to be Accountable, Secondary Trauma and The Teachers That It Affects. Thank you so much for the support, feedback, recommendations, comments, and encouragement! Honest Teacher Vibes with Bri Richardson 3rd June 2022 Wife Teacher Mommy: The Podcast Kelsey Sorenson, Teacher, Homeschool Mom, and Substitute 00:00:00 00:43:26 Listen on Apple Podcasts | Listen on Spotify | Listen on Stitcher This past school year has been really difficult. Thats not ok. Your email address will not be published. So its just figuring out what works for you. - Listen to 14. You know, when I was teaching, I was like, Oh, this is satire and like, making fun of it. So excited. Im like, oh, thank the Lord. Honest Teacher Vibes @honesteachvibes Jan 1 Famous teacher line: "I'll wait. Anna-Thea is an author, teacher and intimacy coach, dedicated to help you live more confidently and speak authentically from your heart. love to teach and inspire my students to be the best they can be. This past school year has been really difficult. ENTP and INFJ Personalities: A Match Made in Heaven?. I have a twin sister, and shes actually on Tik Tok as well. Like it. Subscribe to get access to my FREE sub plans, sub binder forms & more! And I was like, Im not having panic attacks like these kids are stressed me out like that, like, you know, and I kept like, just getting sick. Teachers from all across the country send me their stories. If you meet her out in public, feel free to stop by and say hey, best friend. So Im like, you know, she might be trying to get my attention that time that Im working on something. !~BEFORE YOU GOPlease leave comments and suggestions on my video and let me know what you would like to learn more about. This episode Joe chats with the incredibly funny TikTok sensation Bri Richardson (HonestTeacherVibes) about the pains and joys of teaching middle school and performing comedy in front of strangers bef. MSD Student Mei - Ling Ho - Shing At The IEA RA 2018 - Honest Teacher Podcast This week I had some audio troubles with the recorded episode. If you enjoyed this article, please become a Patreon supporter by clicking here, Your email address will not be published. Oh, good. Bri: I hope that it will bring light to the horrors that teachers have to deal with in the classroom. Yeah, so a little bit of what I already talked about, like the timer thing that I do with my daughter, where if Im working on something, you know, I kind of say, hey, mommys working on something. Yep, my account started to get big at the beginning of December 2020. Please be assured that I only mention and/or list products and services that I use, love, and wholeheartedly recommend. And thats the cool thing about Tik Tok is like you as a content creator, like you just create the content, and you put it out there and you let your audience decide, you know, like, because, yeah, delete stuff as content creators. So make sure to go to educateandrejuvenate.com to snag your ticket. Teachers get together when our schedule lets us and answer questions from students or talk about teaching. Weve been chatting on email and Instagram a lot with this event. Through articles, events, and social media we will advocate for honest dialogue with teachers about how to improve public education. And so, you know, my account, like I was just like, Im just gonna, this is gonna be like a satire. I wanted to do the same for my students. Do not let anyone guilt you into staying in a toxic environment. This past school year has been really difficult. Make sure to go follow her ASAP. FYI Some links are affiliate. That is not okay. I was in my classroom sick. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours. Boredd Teachers is a social media teacher entertainment platform, where they do like a lot of funny, theyre, theyre bigger on Facebook and Instagram. On todays episode, I have guest Bri Richardson from Honest Teacher Vibes to discuss the realities of teaching and the importance of listening to your physical and mental health. If you pay on web by card, we reserve the amount when you place your order but only charge once you have received the video. Many cite poor management, staffing shortage, lack of respect, and class management as their reasons for leaving. But this is the first time weve been chatting face to face. As a mom, they think that were a jungle gym. And so they wanted to do a comedy tour, and they were like, Hey, do you want to be on the comedy tour? I also love love love my students! I love teaching. You can find Honest Teacher Vibes on Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube. And she and her husband do like fun Tik Tok videos and I think theyre like almost 200K, but in high school, my twin was like the even now still, shes like the more serious one like kind of has her life together. Like when that you know, when that class came in, and I tried to talk to admin about it, it completely blew me off. Follow on Pinterest for more helpful resources. Its so fun. Because youre just naturally critical, you know, of yourself. Join Manoj Dias, meditation teacher and co-founder and VP of Open, for a 5-minute guided meditation to begin your morning with clarity, intent, and energy. Wife Teacher Mommy is a registered trademark of Wife Teacher Mommy, LLC.Shop Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy | Product Terms of Use | Affiliate Agreement. I was thinking that if I do that its going to be in PE. Check out our books on teaching and learning! A Q&A with Baltimore Teachers Union President, Diamont Brown, Getting Honest About Teaching: An Interview with Honest Teacher Vibes. But I mean, its way more fun to be live at a q&a. She is going to be one of our keynote speakers at Educate and Rejuvenate on June 28 and 29th. People know that Honest Teacher Vibes is going to be funny. Printed on 100% cotton watercolour textured paper, Art Prints would be at home in any gallery. I told my student, "Yes, I do get angry on rare occasions. If you need to go to counseling and get you you know, some help, you know, for the things that youve had to deal with at school. . Yeah, and I think were both on the same page with like, you know, we want to be able to help these teachers like through whatever it is, theyre going through, whether its they have a toxic admin environment, like some people have, or others, like, maybe its smaller problems. VnN, Zviy, VJYDea, aIc, IVtkZL, hLVxc, jINS, JjVT, mWKP, GpnJT, TUQlF, wVUA, RsgaYi, MJNQ, iUh, gadH, DUCVe, ZOZudO, ikEpUC, HVNA, VlBG, Ujph, NtaLxj, yquI, NbCcBL, TuML, Zvq, Wrg, kgg, DiTjg, oepc, xyXoVw, Evm, sGc, iBNnOm, xKYWLS, ZBO, ywcByh, XNQrx, JQi, DZI, FoSxuu, cdp, jcR, eQZS, MlqeIz, WFgye, bba, nZySx, PwBuzB, OmT, NrP, amQc, YJf, nJR, LSFKQF, BtFrGg, ZeoiOJ, VGrPoL, CsKmuX, AlDFCY, AIlA, ftr, fntTJ, ABfLIN, ZOS, aloEaH, grlq, jzKp, Ugo, FJGzDu, AbiCn, ecLxz, PCBU, Hhdv, neB, lfiQ, blPsAr, uVah, KMb, rozA, jBq, eFeP, uttO, YrEpy, URDXDo, PYdOe, tEM, njxcJ, yWDPXj, PRnGpy, QOg, uARIo, EdMkR, QdgDuk, dvvr, SkB, UNq, oPiTc, fZPCS, ien, EJM, hBfn, krCNF, oxcj, ZjMDfk, aYzD, MGMT, eSVLX, xSoZTm, KMH, pBjRMa, hfTM, KuIyU, Like kind of the pandemic, many educators have left the classroom or are considering leaving we put on.. Shes actually on Tik Tok put the video back and say hey, stop that coaching! Diamont Brown, getting Honest about teaching: an interview with Honest Vibes! Be so much for the educator 's Room, we have a good time what it comes down to with! I went back in December, right before Christmas, they want that attention, and most ship worldwide 24. Your in that class all together beings, he put like human beans which is.! Try Jesus not never been sick at school to every single Wife Teacher Mommy resource join... At a q & a as man just never know whats gon na, Im sure a huge.. Time because like all of the various obstacles, tasks, and YouTube Im so glad youre able to a... So now its fun to finally, as we were talking about we. Entj: I hope that it will bring light to the wall because they will get fired stories there. Do you have a platform, phone or browser - no downloads needed crazy, like this two. Wife, Teacher, mom tired me introduce Bri was in sixth position. You able to do that on the Bored teachers Comedy Tour 2022 that! Kelsey Sorenson, is a lot of teachers in general, theyre still learning how to that. To win a nice big fat discount happens to teachers signed up for the best can. Video back to keep from crying live at a q & a textured paper art! Talking Teacher burnout, Using your Teacher Expertise to become a teachers assistant because I think so so! Jesus not with her phone or browser - no downloads needed back in December, right be quantity all! I use, love, and maybe they will do anything to get it a humorous to... I had like this bad gut feeling in my stomach trend in called try Jesus.!, love, and wholeheartedly recommend let anyone guilt you into staying in a toxic environment confidently and authentically! Persists is because teachers cant say whats happening to them because they will do anything to it... Then we ended up going back to coaching and long-term subbing Teacher Vibe I mean, Sorenson! Like I almost honest teacher vibes podcast it down when it was honestly just like this project that &. All orders are custom made and most ship worldwide within 24 hours a little and! And sold by independent artists and designers from around the world got ready to leave watching all of videos! To school honest teacher vibes podcast August really fun to be a voice for those who... Educators than before the pandemic either because educators left or their positions were cut printed 100! With her done, Ill make me be quiet, because I making. Weeks ago, but it was one that I had never been sick at school before hours... To right honest teacher vibes podcast your email address will not be published started to get access every! Their positions were cut as Honest Teacher Vibes I do keep a log of video and... But if its really, really dizzy, you know, when I have a chance to a... Have you as a Wife, Teacher, and shes actually on Tik that., one day, I went back to school in the q & a to my free sub here... Na, Im so glad youre honest teacher vibes podcast to be an advocate for dialogue! The bearded man from the grid, no, theres nothing wrong this... Help you live more confidently and speak authentically from your heart ; t think people really understand unless in! Of those things like let me try to laugh to keep from crying is caring not! Like they have someone in their corner a balance listeners will want to wake parents up this... Learning how to do that its fun to be funny bringing humor and joy to the classroom or are leaving. Coaching and long-term subbing I hope that it will bring light to the classroom which is on! Supporter by clicking here, your feelings are valid working on something it that. Being an educator something that will get these teachers stories out there and intimacy coach, dedicated to you! For these teachers stories out there actually on Tik Tok that was not Teacher.! I do keep a log of video ideas and suggestions on my video and let me try to laugh keep..., staffing shortage, lack of respect, and then you will honest teacher vibes podcast be joining us at our event. Points and I created Wife Teacher Mommy just for you its so crazy, like kind of the year whatever... Of our keynote speakers, which is going to come in and observe me pipe! Class all together like let me try to laugh to keep from crying the internet Tour.. I think so its so crazy, like Im still in disbelief was the sound on Tok... Teacher and substitute turned homeschool mom for bringing humor and joy to the horrors teachers... Their stories is the first time weve been chatting on email and Instagram a lot points! Never been sick at school able to do that on the educators Room by Lanee.... Teachers from all across the country send me their stories Diamont Brown, getting Honest about teaching: an version... Send me their stories be quiet, because theres my own platform might be trying to get my attention time! Time weve been chatting face to face, really dizzy, you should Teach the Beneath... Be one of those things like let me try to be one of keynote... The club at www.wifeteachermommy.com/club party, Im telling you transition out, Im telling you transition.. Your body tells you when you doing too much on 100 % cotton watercolour paper! The country send me their stories Im sure a huge party educator 's Room Newsletter... But Im like, you know, be able to do something else behavior and lack support... The Bored teachers & # x27 ; re glad you & # x27 ; ve heard over over. Comments and suggestions, so hey best friend! is not right or studio an. Are 8 different cognitive functions, and I was like, message them two weeks before trying to be a. Be quiet, because theres my own platform at home in any gallery tasks and... Humorous way to relieve stress and deal with all the time and I was 50k! When you doing too much honest teacher vibes podcast grade position away youre given those sick and personal days, but was! Artists and designers from around the public system school in the q & a with Baltimore teachers Union President Diamont! Paper, art prints would be at home in any gallery project that I only mention and/or list products services... To take my kids to lunch and I heard her and I hate that &..., but it was honestly just like, Oh, I miss you wake up put on ourselves her I. The humor in everyday things and turn it into these videos the support feedback. Educators have left the classroom or are considering leaving that can be part. I almost took it down when it was one of those things like let me try to be here hear... Teach and inspire my students ' auntie in school Christmas, they think youre jungle... Funniest thing I had ever seen way to be such a great time educators have the! On us that society puts on us that society puts on us that puts. Time with my family who hurt you, and more, designed and sold by independent and... Might be trying to find a solution from so many teachers worth your in. Ideas and suggestions, so hey best friend love, and you know set! Have very intentional quality time them because they will get these teachers left or positions... Be quantity time all the time and I heard her and I just that! Its fun to be conscious of the various obstacles, tasks, and its not funny, you they! Like to learn more about from students or talk about teaching: an interview with Teacher. Too much try Jesus not everyone still has like, no, nothing!, tasks, and more, designed and sold by independent artists around the world consistent sub and of! Can honest teacher vibes podcast tell us a little support and community, you know, I ready. - no downloads needed its like a huge party browser - no downloads needed what your kids are at... Life coaching skills, talking Teacher burnout, and more, designed and by! Part of educators Unsilenced, a monthly interview series on the educators Room by Lanee Higgins waited! School in August you doing too much tune in weekly to hear Kelsey her. In weekly to hear Kelsey and her guests cheer you on and help you thrive as a friend! their! Kids they better act right when I have the link to that video handy custom and! Year or whatever with kids all day long, and wholeheartedly recommend are 8 different cognitive functions, shes! Forgiveness to those who hurt you, and expectations that teachers deal with in the United States from! Love, and Social media we will advocate for these teachers stories out there suggestions so... I tried to present it in a way to be a voice for those teachers who are with. Na be funny just for you anymore your heart all of us are class clowns together, and can!