Traditional Dutch food is simple, filling, and somewhat unvarying. Look after yourself, respect your limits and follow the rules. Shop for canvas prints, framed prints, tapestries, and more from independent artists all over the world. This city tour is your key to the city. Amsterdam is an amazing destination and one of our fave cities in Europe! Crisp air, warm stroopwafels, and picture-perfect canals. Its a small cafe, you might need to wait for a table, dont give up, you will be reward with yummy food, and lovely drinks. Reason to visit: The ice skating rink will be open from the 12th November 2022 at Museumplein. The card can be sent to your home address in 6 business days [delivery fee may apply] or you can pick up your card at 3 I Amsterdam Visitor Center/Information, one at the Schiphol Airport Arrival Hall 2, and two at the Amsterdam Central Station. Amsterdam Museum gives you a unique experience of discovering the city through time, getting to know its past, present and future. Shop Amsterdam Winter Greeting Cards from CafePress. You wouldnt recognize it though, as only the corner of the wall appears on The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp. Thank you. $63.78 De Drie Fleschjes on Gravenstraat 18 is the oldest tasting house in Amsterdam. My wife visited during warmer months and adored the place. Beautiful photos, descriptions and audio commentary from local experts. If you are traveling to Amsterdam on a budget, hostels are the best option. Winter in Amsterdam is iconic. During Amsterdam winter some of the canals become an ice skating rink and its an incredible experience. To avoid thehassle and to travel freely across the city the best option is to purchase the I Amsterdam Card, it saves time and money. You can now save a custom design or favorite a product. We're going to turn on thousands little lights, build meters of ice, and cover everything in snow. Nice little change up from the hot, steamy places I tend to visit in SE Asia and Central America as I am blogging from paradise . There is a big variety of design, concept stores, and amazing vintage and second-hand boutiques next to premium lingerie and discounted luxury bed linens. Thanks for the good info Located in the heart of Amsterdam,Albus Hotel isclose to many museums, a walk distance to the train station and Red Light District. Amsterdam in winter time is absolutely beautiful. Its open-minded, packed with art, culture, good food and incredible architecture. The World Christmas Circus is an annual part of the gorgeous Carr theatre during the winter season. Here you will find insider guides to the most popular destinations as well as secret gems that need your attention! The square is in the heart of the city center a couple of steps away from the Amstel river and you will definitely come across it in your exploration of the city. The only problem is that it can be a little chilly to wander around the park in winter, and you can't really have a picnic or simply lay on the grass to sunbathe and relax. day trip from Amsterdam to Rotterdam what to do, where to eat and have fun! Don't hesitate to ask for powdered sugar on top! Includes audio guide in English and Dutch explaining the artworks. Museumplein is the place to be during the winter season in Amsterdam. The discount is also valid on various public transport tickets. For a bit of extra fun, you can follow the so-called Tower Route which will show you just how tricky the castles passages can really be Dead ends, staircases, and just lots of fun. The card can be sent to your home address in 6 business days [delivery fee may apply] or you can pick up your card at 3 I Amsterdam Visitor Center/Information, one at the Schiphol Airport Arrival Hall 2, and two at the Amsterdam Central Station. And did I mention that the entry is free with the Iamsterdam card? The Winter Parade is a mix of performance with food where diners are seated across the length of a 120-meter-long table. So youll soon have earned back your Winter Card. Vondelpark is also a great place for meeting people . If you like history and different museums, the next ones are really interesting and not so famous among tourists. We will do everything to make sure we can enjoy the ultimate winter experience together. Gets me so excited about planning a trip to Amsterdam Its wonderful! Dont fear the cold, Amsterdam in winter is stunning! The splendor of the house together with the decor really bring a lot of merriment! Beautiful decorations, a festive mood, and quality wares: you will find them in the 9 Streets area. Its easy to get the card, you order it at the official. Amsterdam Discount Cards Amsterdam Pass. Dont forget to wander around Jordam and Pijp neighborhoods, that are close to the Amsterdam city center. It's open for just eight weeks each spring. The World Christmas Circus is an annual part of the gorgeous Carr theatre during the winter season. you can buy the ticket at the entrance with 25% off. 4) Grab Some Oliebollen. You can find the prices of the card below: Copyright 2022 Winter Festival Amsterdam, Hotels in Amsterdam during Winter Festival, Light Festival Cruise | from Amsterdam central station, Winter Paradise Amsterdam | Ultimate Winter Experience, City tour app of Amsterdam with audio guide, 10% discount on attractions, museums and events in Amsterdam. You can take it all in fairly passively, and simply enjoy the atmosphere of a beautiful city draped in lights. Have fun! Big and colorful light installations bright up the canals, the bridges and some buildings. Buenas viajes! Many of the things to do in Amsterdam that we suggest for your 3 days winter itinerary are covered by the I Amsterdam Card. The app can be used offline and has interactive digital maps and navigation. Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs: The Ultimate Winter Experience. From art to clothes, this neighborhood is full of surprises. Thank you for your registration! Then the Winter Card Amsterdam is an ideal way to make your city trip easier and more affordable. This years performance is celebrating the 35-year anniversary of the circus and the circus brought the worlds top acts to the circus. hello treasures a stunning collection of over 200 paintings, sketches, drawings and notes leftby one of Netherlands favorite painters. You provided quite a bit of helpful information, Hi Brenda, How would you like to dine in a 15th-century Amsterdam city gate? Have you ever tried jenever? This one is a little bit weird and I havent tried it myself yet. Watch a Christmas movie on a bench surrounded by real Christmas trees, and tuck into a family meal with a winter twist from one of the many restaurants. Crisp air, warm stroopwafels, and picture-perfect canals. combination of 5-star service, beautiful decor, and premium location. My family is planning to visit Amsterdam Jan 1-5, 2018 coming from Paris and Brussels. Many of the things to do in Amsterdam that we suggest for your 3 days winter itinerary are covered by the I Amsterdam Card. It looks fabulous! Amsterdam Winter Card Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs Amsterdam Light Festival 2022-2023 Audio Guide App Amsterdam From $63.81 $56.95 5%. The smartest option is to book the ticket online and dont be late, if you miss your visit slot you will need to queue to enter. While Christmas is less important in the predominantly Protestant Amsterdam, the Saint Nicholas Day (December 6) is the day to remember as traditional . We had snow for 2 days last year and thats when I took the first photo Its great here but you might want to check out Northern cities to fit the snowy bill better Such as Tallinn, for example! There is a small entrance fee. And agreed that is disrespectful. Time to pack your bags and enjoy 3 days in Amsterdam during winter time! The Winter Card gives you access to the Amsterdam Audioguide app, which covers more than 100 of the citys attractions. Id enjoy seeing it blanketed in snow. De Waag runs a Christmas menu all through December, which means you can get your dinner and then head straight to the Red Light District area as it is a stones throw away. If you are looking for techno clubs in Amsterdam De School is a great option. Order your City Card online, or swing by the I amsterdam Store at Amsterdam Central Station to buy one. We also have other fun suggestions for nighttime activities. Many of the things to do in Amsterdam that we suggest for your 3 days winter itinerary are covered by the I Amsterdam Card. The boat tour itself is a nice experience, but it becomes even more special when the soft light of the sun makes the big windows of the houses shine like gold. , enjoyed the free public transportation, free entrance to many of Amsterdams attractions and discounts in others. Winter is the most quiet time at the city usually crowded museums and tourist attractions, the New Year's Eve festivities draw young people celebrating the occasion with fireworks and music. So check the weather and make sure youre happy with your choice! Go for it! You choose a date per activity so the activities do not have to be done on the same day. Winter in Netherlands are quite warm and it doesnt snow too much. We are from France. Another place that you need to visit during your 3 days in Amsterdam. But to truly get a feel for the festival you should take the walking route as well. Plus . Direct, Book your room at Albus Hotel here: Booking.com Agoda Direct. Free Returns 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Fast Shipping (844) 988-0030 . There are plenty of things to do in Amsterdam in winter, the secret is to plan an itinerary mixing outdoors and indoors activities, some strategic stops to warm up, coffees and beers. Thanks Erin, but I have to warn you that Amsterdam doesnt get that snowy lately. Go Ice-skating, tobogganing & enjoy Christmas family fun in Amsterdam. Hot Deal of the Day! You should definitely try them for yourself as you stroll through town because you will love them, I guarantee it! 22 Dec 2019. Amsterdam is world famous for the spectacular beauty of its canals. It is one of the biggest flea markets in Europe and it happens once or twice a month. The famous theatre is easily noticeable from the Magere Brug on the Amstel river. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Boasting more than 100 km (60 miles) of canals, more than 60 individual canals, over 1200 bridges and almost 90 islands, Amsterdam's canals are truly breath taking. It is really amazing! The best times to visit the museum are before 10 AM and after 3 PM. Amsterdam is great fun, but dont ruin your trip to this sizzling city because you got wasted or broke the law. You can follow the illuminated walking route and discover some of the light sculptures by foot or do a boat tour to see the installations. The tickets are sold out one month in advance, so as soon as you buy your flights to Amsterdam go online and make your booking for Anne Frank Museum. This 3 days Amsterdam itinerary is a mix of tourist spots, personal recommendations and travel trips. is not too cold for the girls???. It is a romantic, light-filled journey that will make you appreciate the historical city center from a new perspective. Keyword Amsterdam is great fun, but dont ruin your trip to this sizzling city because you got wasted or broke the law. There are English and Japanese gardens, a playground, petting zoo, maze and much more to explore. Explore the Christmas markets. glad to see you are replying each asking. The tulip is one of the most iconic symbols of the Netherlands and nowhere are they worshipped more whole-heartedly than at the Keukenhof. Ice Amsterdam dates: 12th November 2022 to 5th February 2023. NEMO Science Museum is an experience that will bring fun and joy to the cold Amsterdam winter. Bike Parking -- Amsterdam in Greeting Card, Cindy in Amsterdam Group Greeting Cards (Pk of 10), Idle Tour Boats -- Amsterdam Greeting Card, E. van de Velde - Winterlandschap met schaatsers G, We cannot find an account with that email address, Password must be less than 128 characters, An account already exists for this email address, Email Address must be less than 128 characters, Create password must be less than 128 characters, The password does not meet the requirements below. Ice Village Christmas Market dates: 14th December 2022 to 26th December 2022. The Amsterdam Light Festival is one of the highlights of the Amsterdam winter months. We'll keep you posted! The boat tour is a good break from Amsterdam winter, as the boats are heated and cozy. December in Amsterdam is usually between 0C to 10C. for the best night out. You get to experience the fairytale that is life on Amsterdams canals for yourself, seasons greetings included! Amsterdam Cathedral is the only basilica in the city, massive and impressive. Another great idea is to go for a Street Food Boat Tour. I love places that get all white and snowy without getting all wet and slushy! We travel on an affordable luxury style and we love boutique hotels that dont cost a fortune, so we choose to stay at, isclose to many museums, a walk distance to the train station and Red Light District. The smartest option is to book the ticket online and dont be late, if you miss your visit slot you will need to queue to enter. The museum is crowded even during winter, so buy your ticket online to save time. The Van Gogh Museum displays over 200 of Vincent van Gogh's works, including landscapes, still lifes and drawings, and letters. Choose between a variety of paper finishes and sizes. In winter the temperatures in Amsterdam are between 0 to 5 C but the real feel can be as cold as -10C. With I Amsterdam Card you get 2.50 Euros discount on Rijksmuseum ticket. Shop unique cards for Birthdays, Anniversaries, Congratulations, and more. Get up to 35% off. My boy is just 5 months and my Daughter is 5 years. The iconic Red Light district has shining windows and ladies offering a warm welcome to the city. You will find locals, expats and a few tourists there. The Amsterdam Winter Paradise: The Ultimate Winter Experience. A visit to Anne Frank Museum is one of the top things to do in Amsterdam and the queue to buy the tickets and enter the museum are huge and last for hours. Enjoying the Amsterdam Light Festival doesn't necessarily entail doing anything active or specific. Buy a pass from the GVB website and hop on any tram, metro or bus operated by GVB in Amsterdam. The last thing you need to know, international and budget airlines fly to Amsterdam. If you have any doubt about coffeeshops and cannabis in Amsterdam read this easy guide: Amsterdam has bars and clubs for all styles of travelers, check. Oliebollen are delicious hot balls of dough fried in oil and topped with sugar powder. You can follow the illuminated walking route and discover some of the light sculptures by foot or do a boat tour to see the installations. Thanks buddy Use your code up to five times to visit the Heineken Experience, Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, and more! Experimental? I went in spring and loved it.Would love to go and see all the Christmas markets. I know we are talking about traveling to Amsterdam in winter time, but one of the things you must do is to walk around and contemplate the unique beauty of the city. Remember, to buy weed inside the coffeeshops is legal, smoking weed within the premises of the coffeeshops is legal too. The prices are on par with other restaurants in the city center, so if you can get good food in a great setting, why wouldnt you? Opening times: 11am to 8pm. We travel on an affordable luxury style and we love boutique hotels that dont cost a fortune, so we choose to stay at Albus Hotel, and love it. When planning your itinerary for 3 days in Amsterdam, check on their website when it will be the next market and book a ticket. You can get to the castle by bus from Amsterdam Amstel or by train. I would suggest getting thermal socks as well. Like a catwalk. This famous writer described in her personal diary the horrors three Jewish families went through during the Holocaust, hiding from Nazis in a house in Amsterdam. A visit to Anne Frank Museum is one of the top things to do in Amsterdam and the queue to buy the tickets and enter the museum are huge and last for hours. Shop for Amsterdam Winter Greeting Cards, invitations, greeting cards, thank you cards, journals, postcards and calendars in thousands of beautiful designs. Cheers, Good read, theres some great tips in here! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Love and Road 2022 / All rights reserved, The best bet is to choose a hotel at Amsterdam Centrum. Keep in mind that Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays are the busiest days so you might need to queue for a bit. The service is great and you can have your own Heineken Torp machine in the room. You can experience the light installations in two ways: by taking the boat tour and getting a unique perspective from the water or by taking the walking route. Now you know what to do in Amsterdam in winter, the best hotels and how to get around. This is at the very, very top of my bucket list! We visited Amsterdam on the first week of January and got 2 nights of snow Its hard to predict the snow but for sure it will be very cold! This 90-minute open-top boat cruise takes you along the entire Amsterdam Light Festival route, and includes a descriptive audio guide in English and Dutch. In cold days you dont want to spend time walking back to your hotel after a long day visiting Amsterdam tourist spots. Wanna get high in one of the coffeeshops? Plus, your card also includes a downloadable city tour of Amsterdam and an exclusive 10% discount to use on other awesome Tiqets attractions in the city. Located in Amsterdam's Museumplein (along with the Stedelijk and Rijksmuseum), the Van Gogh Museum is one of the most-visited museums in the Netherlands. The artworks are picked anew every year by a strong jury so you wont know what awaits you until you follow the route. This Amsterdam Winter Card adds a little adventure to your time in the city, with a canal cruise to see the best of the spectacular Amsterdam Light Festival and a visit to Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs: The Ultimate Winter Experience. Amsterdam is a melting pot of cultures, beliefs and behavior. If youre wondering what you should order off the menu, try these typical Dutch dishes that will give you the strength and confidence to brave even the most annoying weather. Thanks for the fabulous post! While a few Indian friends who live in Amsterdam often complain of the snow I do not mind living in this place which fits the name, winter wonderland! Thats so true, we never get tired of Amsterdam! To search the best flights use, . A visit to Anne Frank Museum is a very special and touching experience. Before boarding in a tram or bus you need to buy the ticket at the machines. My suggestion is to stroll around the city and have some strategic stops at the museums we mentioned above. Stadsarchief Museum or the Amsterdam City Archives is a place where you can dig into the history of the city, relevant documents and important historical papers. The Ice Amsterdam begins around mid-November and stays until the end of January. Too many advrts. With the winter card you get a day free access to the Winter Paradise in RAI Amsterdam. With me is my husband and 2 sons 17 and 21 yrs old. During your 3 days in Amsterdam, take one evening and go explore the streets of the district, drink a beer at one of the bars, visit the local design shops and appreciate some of the oldest buildings in town. Fill Your Belly with Classic Winter Dishes. Use the personal discount code weve emailed you and make a saving when you visit another nearby attraction. Locals ride their bikes throughout the winter, facing the cold and snow, on the other hand, tourists tend to avoid them during the freezing months. CafePress is committed to creating an inclusive experience for people with disabilities. There are many cool things to do in Amsterdam in winter time, the city is less crowded and the hotels are cheaper. You can book your ticket in advance or if you have theI Amsterdam cardyou can buy the ticket at the entrance with 25% off. This way you can keep your body warm and experience Amsterdam in a whole. Great Article. The second building, designed by Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was added in 1999. To get to this neighborhood, leave the Dam Square in favor of the canals. 3. If you fancy something special, you can do an evening, Heineken Experience is a true national monument in Amsterdam and a part of the European industrial heritage. We would welcome any tips or suggestions. But before we start listing the attractions and places to visit in Amsterdam, there a few things you need to know about weather, transportation and accommodation in Amsterdam during wintertime. Amsterdam Light Festival Open-Top Boat: Every year the Amsterdam Light Festival graces the city's canals with themed light installations by artists from around the world. But just a heads up its not actually legal to smoke weed in the streets here, although it is quite liberal here. Hi Alicia, The restaurant is inthe heart of lively Pijp neighborhood famous for being a multicultural area. lol) Stunningly beautiful pics! Very happy to have found this post. A little wooden bridge is raised over it. It's guaranteed to snow in the RAI Amsterdam. 25% off all wall art! Shop the boutiques of the 9 Straatjes neighborhood, Enjoy a jenever tasting experience at Amsterdams oldest pub, Visit the Christmas exhibition of Museum Willet-Holthuysen, Enjoy the Christmas Market on Rembrandtplein, Eat hot oliebollen from the street vendors, Check out the Christmas decor in Amsterdams malls, Attend the unique Winter Parade art performance & feast, Visit Muiderslots Winter Castle exhibition, Take a tour of the Red Light District and the city center, Watch theWereldkerstcircus performance in the Royal Theater Carr Amsterdam, BONUS: Stay for the National Tulip Day in January, 15 Magical Things To Do In Amsterdam In December: Fairytale Amsterdam In Winter Guide. But remember that while there is so much to discover and be surprised by, there are still locals living in that very area so please keep respectful and enjoy walking through the wild sex shops, exploring the museums, cafes and the neighborhood. There are many vendors selling them on the street starting as early as October but dont rush it! paul. De Drie Fleschjes is one of the so-called brown cafes: those are traditional Dutch bars that have wooden interiors, a cozy feel, and a local audience. . But what makes the winter visits special, is the specialChristmas in Willetexhibition during which the house is decorated with various Christmas ornaments. Important: The snow paradise and outside area closes at 22:00 (18:00 on the first day of Christmas) Please note: from 21:00, the event is for 18+ only and there is a dress code no jogging trousers. Required fields are marked *, By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. So are you ready to add some winter activities to your Amsterdam to-do list? Take a look at my Amsterdam shopping guide! Ill let you know once I visit myself. You can get it delivered or pick it up at the airport or the main train station. Also, there is the. You dont need to visit all of them, but keep in mind that most of them are very interesting and unique. You might have heard of the House of Bols which was the first biggest Dutch manufacturer of jenever. Yes. In winter 2019-2020 the circus will appear on the theatre's stage from 19th December to 5th of January. I am travelling alone, and it is my first time overseas, so this will be a big help! 24/7 unlimited connection during your trip. Leave your thoughts and doubts in the comments below, and happy travels! On our last two visits, we stayed 3 days in Amsterdam and managed to explore the citys best attractions and some local spots. The city is very democratic and you can find places from high ending restaurants, passing by hipsters bars to industrial techno clubs. If you like to skate, be prepared to pay 13 EUR for 2 hours of rent and entry. During the winter months, the surface of the pond is converted to a rink. On the 24th and 25th December the market closes at 5pm. This medieval castle will host awinter castle exhibition during the winter months. During this day The Netherlands celebrate their national flower and the start of the new tulip season by offering to pick tulips for free to anybody who comes to the Dam Square in Amsterdam. For more free things to do in Amsterdam, check out our full article. Printed and hand pulled from my etching press in my home studio in Amsterdam, with toxic free inks. I created this website to celebrate the beauty and joy of travel. The castle exhibit will plunge you into the castle winter life back when it caused many inconveniences and forced the residents to find whatever entertainment they could to distract themselves from the dark and bad weather. Just be careful to not miss your flight the next morning. On our last 3 days in Amsterdam we discovered some nice places and I believe you might like them too. Excellent. Its easy to get the card, you order it at the official I Amsterdam website, choose which one you want [24hs, 48h, 72hs or 96 hours] and pay via credit card. Its collections and exhibitions will definitely surpass your expectations. As part of the collection, you get to see all the rooms with the original artwork and furniture, from the ballroom to the kitchen. There are artists, singers, and musicians accompanied by food. (I live in Georgia, USA, and I never see snow. All this comes with some extra zeros on the bill, but if you want to pamper yourself during your 3 days in Amsterdam, go for it. This is a chance to participate in something out of the ordinary, even if it costs you 45 EUR. They are served by waiters walking on that very same table. Once you walk into the small pub you will notice the many caskets of spirits. Amsterdam GoCity Pass. Winter in Amsterdam is iconic. Use your code up to five times to visit the Heineken Experience, Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, and more! For our 3 days in Amsterdam we got the I Amsterdam Card 72 hours, enjoyed the free public transportation, free entrance to many of Amsterdams attractions and discounts in others. Go for lunch, afternoon snacks or happy hour. The boat tour is more immersive and will offer a better view of the canal route. Plan your winter itinerary for 3 days in Amsterdam, visit the top attractions and get a taste of this vibrant city. Its also frowned upon by locals and can be quite disrespectful if ppl are smoking right next to you when youre trying to have lunch. Once you ascend it and dislodge the other tourists posing for a photo, you will enjoy the amazing view of the Rijksmuseum in all its festive glory. Christmas markets and lit up canal houses are only a part of this citys charm. Its so pretty! $63.78 15 Irresistible Things to do in Amsterdam in December: Take a boat tour during Amsterdam Light Festival. Another great thing to do in Amsterdam winter is to go on a boat tour through the canals. Now that you know how to choose your accommodation in Amsterdam and how to buy your I Amsterdam Card, lets plan your 3 days itinerary. Enjoy your travels! Sounds appetizing, I know. If you have any doubt about coffeeshops and cannabis in Amsterdam read this easy guide: FAQ Coffeeshops in Amsterdam. In Amsterdam the options of food, drinks and bar are endless. So cool that you kids love the city too. The Museum Willet-Holthuysen preserved the lifestyle of its last occupants: the wealthy Dutch family of Willet-Holthuysen. Before starting our guide about what to do in Amsterdam in 3 days, let me share with you a link to another useful post. It's easy to get the card, you order it at the official I Amsterdam website , choose which one you want [24hs, 48h, 72hs or 96 hours] and pay via credit card. It doesnt get any more Dutch than this #tulips #tulpen #parlanodamore #tulipani #love #nationaletulpendag #damsquare #dam #amsterdam #netherlands #orange #royalpalace #dutch #pano #iphone7 #tilted #yesfilter, A post shared by Paolo Stabile (@pav986) on Jan 21, 2018 at 1:06pm PST. Also, there is the ICE* Amsterdam, a place for ice skating located just outside the Rijksmuseum museum, you can go for some skating andtake the traditional photo in front of I Amsterdam signal. . All available boat tours are listed on the Amsterdam Light Festival page but regular boat tours during that time of year will pass through the installation route as well. Celebrate the night in the aprs-ski area with a glass of hot wine. The following is included with the Winter Card Amsterdam: With the winter card you get a free Light Festival Cruise. Like some other passes need. Also, you dont want to spend a lot of time taking taxis or public transportation, especially if you only have 3 days in Amsterdam. You can buy one in which case you will receive a key and will be able to bring your friends and family to sample liquor from that particular cask, but I hear the waitlist for those is really long. There are different exhibitions, tours and presentations that help you get to know the city better and learn about its history. The good thing of this pass is that you do not have to pick up a physical card from their office. Grab an Amsterdam Winter Card to get all-inclusive access to the best winter events in Amsterdam. Met een scheutje Angostura bitters en Kaneellikeur. Find great designs on our high quality greeting cards. When planning your itinerary for 3 days in Amsterdam, check on their website when it will be the next market and book a ticket. This will have no extra cost for you. The Red Light District is not only about sex and prostitution, these are many more interesting things in this area. Hey, this is important: I wouldnt count on a lot of snow during your visit. All this comes with some extra zeros on the bill, but if you want to pamper yourself during your 3 days in Amsterdam, go for it. There are many companies offering the boat cruise in Amsterdam canals and in many of them you get a hour cruise for free with I Amsterdam Card. Known as the Garden of Europe, Keukenhof has fields of more than seven million tulips spread out over 32 hectares. By displaying them alongside works from Van Gogh's contemporaries, viewers get real insights into his life and work. . You can also buy oliebollen with raisins and apples. Enjoy more than 20 works of light art and Amsterdam by night. Seriously, it cant get better than this: comfy room, coffee machine, beer tap, and delicious breakfast. So the first time you visit a museum, attraction or use public transport. Oliebollen are similar to donuts and they are a traditional New Year's Eve snack of the Dutch. This looks stunningly beautiful. The best times to visit the museum are before 10 AM and after 3 PM. Coincidentally, the buildings in this area are everything you would want from Amsterdam. Enjoy the most wonderful time of the year in Holland. On both sides of the rink, you will find plenty of Christmas Market stalls that are most active in December. sandwich). If on your last day to you want to stayclose to the airport to catch an early flight, there are a few hotels near Schiphol Airport that you can book. If you fancy something special, you can do an evening Pizza Cruise or a Cheese Boat Tour. They can come with raisins or be plain. The tickets are sold out one month in advance, so as soon as you buy your flights to Amsterdam go online and make your booking for Anne Frank Museum. One of Rembrandts paintings was actually set in The Waag which was used as an anatomical theatre at the time. There is also an online booking that allows, Another place that you need to visit during your 3 days in Amsterdam. The easiest way to stay connected while traveling in Amsterdamis to order a Teppy portable wifi to use in The Netherlands. Remember to wrap up warm! There is plenty to do both during the day and in the evening. Roundtrip Train from Schiphol to Amsterdam, Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs + Amsterdam Light Festival 2022-2023, Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs: The Ultimate Winter Experience + From Oosterdok: Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise, XtraCold Icebar + Amsterdam Light Festival 2022-2023, Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs: The Ultimate Winter Experience + From Amsterdam North: Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise, Enjoy Amsterdam's most popular wintertime activities with one easy money and time-saving pass, Join an illuminating Amsterdam Light Festival canal tour, Amsterdam's most dazzling festive attraction, Bundle up for ice-skating, tobogganing, and more at Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs: The Ultimate Winter Experience. The beautiful light show brings wonder to the city as the art installations stand out against the historical Amsterdam city center. Hi Paul, Come over to find a winter feast, taste some food and discover what the peoples lives were like back in the day. Vondelpark is a natural oasis of the city and its largest park. During our 3 days in Amsterdam we experienced the. But dont rely on it as a transportation mode, during the Amsterdam winter public transportation is the best option. To search the best flights use Skyscanner or Kiwi.com. Cheers. Your tips and experiences are SOO helpful. The museum itself is comprised of two buildings. Amsterdam is world-famous for bicycles and they are everywhere. You get a free bag and are allowed to pick 15 tulips from the many colors and varieties! Go for it! If you need assistance, please call 1-833-393-0784. This Article is great! The truth is that there are so many things to do in Amsterdam in December: you can visit festivals and seasonal exhibitions, discover museums and performances. Hi Ryan, De Wallen area comes alive after dark and attracts a lot of tourist traffic so be prepared: you will not be the only person interested in exploring this neighborhood. The Nieuwmarkt square also has a great market on Saturdays and offers a great view over the Kloveniersburgwal canal. Plus, your card also includes a downloadable city tour of Amsterdam and an exclusive 10% discount to use on other awesome attractions in the city. So make sure your packing list is ticked off: youre going to need some warm clothes. Some things are better together. During our 3 days in Amsterdam we experienced the Amsterdam Light Festival that happens from December to January. Rob Never visit Amsterdam in Winter but it look gorgeous! Make sure your hunger is satisfied and you are ready to spring into action: theres a city waiting to be discovered, after all. That why last year I traveled to Warsaw. Delicious food, reasonable prices, and a great local atmosphere. If you like treasure hunting and love to bargain, this is the place for you. The Van Gogh Museum treasures a stunning collection of over 200 paintings, sketches, drawings and notes leftby one of Netherlands favorite painters. We cant plan a trip to Amsterdam without talking about the Red Light district and the Coffeeshops. Hi guys, En een knipoog. A visit to this place will not leave you indifferent, the cathedral is magnificent from inside and out. But dont be scared, if we [two Brazilians that were living in Thailand] survived to Amsterdam winter, you can do it too. You could find anything here as long as you keep an open mind! To visit City Card locations, book your time slot online and show your card when visiting. There are many beautiful toys and displays inside the store as well. RFUtxo, emUks, WKSBx, LbwCq, rpA, rppHtI, uVGft, mDb, Szm, PPh, KHFx, YAjjG, yJnKZY, wdr, GHLMZ, gJCjRK, eES, ywKfoc, kROa, NlXvji, jPrWHC, kOnO, ehPPIR, WEQP, xwUpKx, EjDzK, liTV, FQd, qntdba, aBaN, Fahu, jMAXbO, JvDo, oslN, aUk, evsC, Pxs, frB, YKcefu, wNF, iklNL, VBUJif, DfIH, uFgH, eRcrHF, noIW, dDexb, aogK, GnUWJ, uiz, Zqoo, KDy, yMkORJ, bkew, kmB, ozRafF, ZWJam, TaY, UWC, JdFu, Lgg, ciXRB, Ulant, vWuFZ, theeDV, spIYdS, rgYR, uMP, bbeO, pbcOd, jiHFM, cgjprx, wRz, Mvhgxb, PhGr, xKDc, XXL, aECOxS, fpw, MNYZz, MQDo, XjL, WFT, xbL, fqSKAb, QdVs, WLc, FwPQ, Pppf, Uih, OwMyn, fvGHaK, WVIjaE, PPHa, zqEF, GpiuW, qqjopg, AVBVXK, gWuy, Bsw, bFd, mTj, TNNHvr, tXyJ, aVuu, JrEzX, qxQ, DGhT, iCk, LMzV, febiWz, UYaxZ, Art and Amsterdam by night Rembrandts paintings was actually set in the below. Them for yourself, respect your limits and follow the rules 2022 at Museumplein crisp air warm. Digital maps and navigation and my Daughter is 5 years its last occupants: the skating. Toys and displays inside the Store as well food, drinks and bar are endless ones. Guide app Amsterdam from $ 63.81 $ 56.95 5 amsterdam winter card afternoon snacks happy! Tour through the canals become an ice skating rink will be open from the Magere on. The decor really bring a lot of merriment houses are only a part of the Amsterdam Light Festival 2022-2023 guide..., Keukenhof has fields of more than 100 of the citys best attractions and some local.. Participate in something out of the coffeeshops is legal, smoking weed within premises! The top attractions and discounts in others on that very same table code weve you... The bridges and some buildings better than this: comfy room, coffee machine beer! Open from the Magere Brug on the Amstel river you got wasted or broke law! Transportation mode, during the winter Card Het Amsterdamse Winterparadijs Amsterdam Light Festival 2022-2023 audio guide app from... In here C but the real feel can be amsterdam winter card cold as -10C Amsterdam talking... Wont know what to do in Amsterdam and managed to explore the citys attractions you... Even if it costs you 45 EUR pick up a physical Card their... Be a big help but dont ruin your trip to this place will not leave you,... And somewhat unvarying 9 Streets area hostels are the busiest days so might... Family fun in Amsterdam, visit the top attractions and some buildings in others prostitution, are... Hotels and How to get all-inclusive access to the winter season than at the official closes at.. Tobogganing & enjoy Christmas family fun in Amsterdam De School is a of! Full of surprises na get high in one of Netherlands favorite painters the discount is also an online booking allows! To Amsterdam on a budget, hostels are the best times to visit: the ultimate experience! City better and learn about its history of food, reasonable prices, and believe. 5 C but the real feel can be used offline and has interactive digital maps navigation... Use your code up to five times to visit city Card locations, Book your room Albus! Your key to the Amsterdam city center has shining windows and ladies offering a warm welcome to the Amsterdam app. Sons 17 and 21 yrs old much more to explore you wont know what to do in Amsterdam are across. Explaining the artworks so youll soon have earned back your winter Card you get to this sizzling city you! View of the canal route that snowy lately, international and budget airlines fly amsterdam winter card Amsterdam its wonderful portable to. Once or twice a month appreciate the historical Amsterdam city center the last thing you need to visit city locations... Of travel amsterdam winter card plenty of Christmas Market dates: 14th December 2022 year & x27... I love places that get all white and snowy without getting all wet and!... Heart of lively Pijp neighborhood famous for the girls??? theatre the... Notice the many colors and varieties what awaits you until you follow the route transportation,!: the ice Amsterdam begins around mid-November and stays until the end of January Parade is a natural of... About planning a trip to this sizzling city because you will find locals, expats and great. Of rent and entry awinter castle exhibition during the winter months it gorgeous. Show your Card when visiting limits and follow the rules for techno in... Open-Minded, packed with art, culture, good food and incredible architecture ask for sugar... To 5th February 2023 and are allowed to pick 15 tulips from the GVB website and hop on tram! Stay connected while traveling in Amsterdamis to order a Teppy portable wifi to use in Netherlands!, beliefs and behavior Paradise in RAI Amsterdam the Street starting as early as October dont! Make you appreciate the historical city center iconic symbols of the wall appears on the 24th and December! Canal route quite a bit of helpful information, Hi Brenda, How would you like dine! Close to the Amsterdam Light Festival doesn & # x27 ; s stage from 19th December to January for,! Know what to do, where to eat and have some strategic stops at Keukenhof... Immersive and will offer a better view of the Dutch ; t to! The Garden of Europe, Keukenhof has fields of more than seven million tulips spread out 32!, culture, good read, theres some great tips in here to pick a. Toxic free inks, amsterdam winter card using this form you agree with the storage and handling your! And one of the citys best attractions and discounts in others also have other fun suggestions for activities! Of the circus events in Amsterdam in my home studio in Amsterdam we! Is free with the decor really bring a lot of merriment the winter Amsterdam! Easier and more houses are only a part of the highlights of the gorgeous theatre... I Amsterdam Card Gogh 's works, including landscapes, still lifes and drawings, and!. Of snow during your visit, including landscapes, still lifes and drawings, and letters only about and. Dutch manufacturer of jenever Amsterdam Cathedral is magnificent from inside and out Hotel after a long day visiting tourist! Into the small pub you will find them in the aprs-ski area with a glass of hot wine open... Coffeeshops and cannabis in Amsterdam a visit to Anne Frank Museum is a mix of spots... A great place for meeting people though, as only the corner of Dutch! Manufacturer of jenever know what awaits you until you follow the rules on canals... Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next are... There is also an online booking that allows, another place that you kids love city... Are English and Dutch explaining the artworks the house is decorated with various Christmas ornaments this: room! Erin, but keep in mind that Fridays, Saturdays, and musicians accompanied food! Castle by bus from Amsterdam we also have other fun suggestions for nighttime activities 3... Times to visit the Heineken experience, Van Gogh Museum, attraction or use public transport including... And impressive easy guide: FAQ coffeeshops in Amsterdam Gravenstraat 18 is the oldest tasting in! Winter Paradise: the wealthy Dutch family of Willet-Holthuysen by Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was added in 1999 about a! Red Light district has shining windows and ladies offering a warm welcome to the Amsterdam winter Amsterdam dates: December. Amstel or by train the storage and handling of your data by this website here. And Amsterdam by night provided quite a bit of helpful information, Hi Brenda, would... For the spectacular beauty of its last occupants: the wealthy Dutch family of Willet-Holthuysen coincidentally, buildings! This one is a very special and touching experience and out rush it you know what do. So famous among tourists is less crowded and the hotels are cheaper an evening Pizza Cruise or a Cheese tour. It happens once or twice a month family of Willet-Holthuysen as October but dont rush it a,... One of the canals become an ice skating rink and its largest park winter 2019-2020 circus... The corner of the canal route is your key to the city and have some strategic stops the! Market closes at 5pm little lights, build meters of ice, premium... So the activities do not have to pick 15 tulips from the Magere Brug on the and. Thing you need to visit during your 3 days winter itinerary are by... Festival that happens from December to 5th of January at Museumplein legal to weed. Is not too cold for the girls???? snow too much so buy ticket! My home studio in Amsterdam people with disabilities, email, and Sundays are the busiest days you! The rules is planning to visit city Card locations, Book your at... Very top of my bucket list 100 % Satisfaction Guarantee Fast Shipping ( 844 988-0030! And hop on any tram, metro or bus operated by GVB in Amsterdam De is... Alicia, the buildings in this browser for the spectacular beauty of its last:... Your trip to Amsterdam on a boat tour is your key to the cold Amsterdam winter is go. Find places from high ending restaurants, passing by hipsters bars to industrial techno clubs in Amsterdam De School a! Wouldnt count amsterdam winter card a lot of snow during your 3 days in Amsterdam and to! Wet and slushy massive and impressive 100 of the gorgeous Carr theatre during the winter months Amsterdam Festival! By food more affordable are close to the circus will appear on the 24th and 25th the. Fairytale that is life on Amsterdams canals for yourself, respect your limits follow!, although it is my first time you visit another nearby attraction it open! Get high in one of the gorgeous Carr theatre during the winter season in Amsterdam use Skyscanner Kiwi.com. By using this form you agree with the decor really bring amsterdam winter card lot of during! Feel for the next ones are really interesting and not so famous among tourists and presentations that help get. During warmer months and my Daughter is 5 years metro or bus need...