wikidata query examples

the date that architect Jeanne Gang was a MacArthur fellow? Your email address will not be published. { In this training we will cover. We do not currently allow content pasted from ChatGPT on Stack Overflow; read our policy here. It is a powerful language to query Linked data and we can also use it to query Wikidata. The Even more cats, with pictures query that follows the eye color one uses an ImageGrid defaultView to create the following, finally filling the gap between SPARQL and cat pictures that has bedeviled web technology for so long: The remaining six defaultViews also look like a lot of fun. Bob DuCharme If youre new to querying, thats great! Why does my stock Samsung Galaxy phone/tablet lack some features compared to other Samsung Galaxy models? This page was last edited on 1 September 2022, at 13:57. Where do Mayors Come From? The query service can be accessed by navigating to query.wikidata.org RSS 2.0 feed (full entries), 2022 which cities have mayors who identify as female? Take one of our Wikidata Institute courses: wikiedu.org/wikidata. Any change to the service should account for these services' existence and requirements. The Wikidata Query Service provides a way to also ask for a label in a specified language: With the addition of the request for the label, the query now returns the same 10 . Click on the first result from the drop-down menu. Its ambitious goal is to structure the whole human knowledge in a way that is machine readable and it speaks well to . Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, Well, you're absolutely correct. Additional variables from the query could also be used in the lists. As much as Id like to keep playing with of the sample queries, Im going to dig into the Wikidata data model and its mapping to RDF next. Some queries that no longer work were moved to a subpage - they need to be updated to use Wikidata federation service instead of assuming that all Wikidata data is present in the same database. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. # but MINUS or negate any of those things that are instances of human. #This solution only works if the number of items returned by wbsearchentities remains reasonable. Take note of the item number for "dog" from the Wikidata page that opens (Q144) To change your query from "cat" to "dog", simply replace Q146 by Q144 in the SPARQL query editor. #This query will first contact EntitySearch (an alias to wbsearchentities), #which will pass the items with a label of "soriano" it found to the triple store. In this QuickGraph, I will show how to use the Wikidata Query Service to get data into Neo4j. The Wikidata Query Service ( WDQS) provides a way for tools to access Wikibase data, via a SPARQL API. We can fix that by applying a filter on the language of countryName: Thats more like it! Production branch should not contain test & build service files (which currently means some cherry-picks will have to be manually merged). #Combine the Wikidata Query Service and the Mediawiki API, #https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_Query_Service/User_Manual/MWAPI. Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search. (I found it pretty gutsy of this pages authors to add a Try it! link after a sample query that the page itself says will time out.) Teams. If we go there, well see the following screen: There are a bunch of examples that we can pick from, but were going to start with something even simpler than that. (So P19 comes before P100). Queries can serve many purposes and express many, detailed aspects of Wikidata. Many of the examples also work in {{Wikidata list}}template calls parsed by the Listerbot, which however requires the ?itemfield variable to be selected. ), # this is an error and should be fixed at the item using P1540 and P1539 instead, # (wrong query result may be a manifestation of such), # IF multiple ?pop values per country per year exist, we prioritize by source, # census 1st, others 2nd, estimation(s) 3rd, unknown sources (none supplies P459) last, # note: wikibase:rank won't help here: each year may have multiple statements for ?pop value, # rank:prefered is used for the best value (or values) of the latest or current year, # rank:normal may be justified for all of multiple ?pop values for a given year, # .. still need to group if multiple values per country per year exist and, # - multiple ?estimate or multiple ?census (>1 value from same source), # - ?other yields more than one source (>1 values are better than optionally, # supplied estimate, but no census source available), "https://tools.wmflabs.org/reasonator/?q=", # These lines generate a calendar from January 1 to December 31, # educated at Oxford or an Oxford college, #defaultView:Map{"layer":"?instance_ofLabel"}, # List of airports that are named after women, # Written by WiseWoman auf der #wmdemv 2019, # Schools between San Jose, CA and Sacramento, CA. But then other examples such as "women with most sitelinks and no image born in 1921 or later", which is truncated here: You dont have to worry about concerning yourself witheverythingthats on Wikidata just the things and relationships youre interested in. wdt:P569 ?born . Youll also be able to modify and save them yourself to better understand how they work. TheWikidata Query Service(WDQS) is one of the most effective and efficient ways to help you make sense of all that data on Wikidata. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. I previously worked on graph analytics at Neo4j, where I also I co-authored the O'Reilly Graph Algorithms Book with Amy Hodler. #which in turn can now query the graph in a timely manner and filter those entities that are not humans. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. . Consider adding a comment in the query noting what it illustrates, when and by whom it was written and which are its limitations given the current data and use of properties at Wikidata. # member of Les Plus Beaux Villages de France (organisation), #sample from cywiki:Wicipedia:Merched_a_anwyd_yng_Nghymru, # OR place of birth within Wales. Wikidata is a free and collaborative Linked Open Data (LOD) knowledge base which can be edited by humans and machines. # ?valuenode wikibase:geoLongitude ?lon. Wikidata stores data in triples of the form (subject, predicate, object), so well start with a query that returns one such triple: http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/. A more concise version is shown below: Next wed like to pull in the country of citizenship, which is property P27. If you're working on a project you can have a query that focuses on a set of statements. don't use the wdt:P31/wdt:P279* property path. (Before you get too far into the list of queries, note that the RDF Dump Format documentation page, which I will describe more next time, has a list of the URIs represented by the prefixes in the queries.). I publish short 5 minute videos showing how to solve data problems on YouTube @LearnDataWithMark. As I wrote in the Query Efficiency and Debugging chapter of Learning SPARQL, query engines often optimize for you. Why would Henry want to close the breach? I look forward to trying out several approaches you offer, and the raised eyebrows that will follow as I glean the results. For example, the number of humans in Wikidata: SELECT (COUNT(?item) AS ?count) W. SPARQL query service/queries/examples/advanced, List of countries ordered by the number of their cities with female mayor, Popular surnames among fictional characters, Women with most sitelinks and no image born in 1921 or later, Data of Barbara Harris - Grouped per item, People who have been buried in multiple places, All oldest living US ex-presidents in chronological order, Persons and institutions related in some way to Russian politics, Values of uses (P2283) in scholarly articles, Timeline of compositions by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Firearms cartridges and which they are based on, Groups of characters in the Marvel universe, Population of countries sharing a border with Germany, Population of countries sharing a border with Cameroon, Battles per year per country last 80 years, Battles per year per continent and country last 80 years (animated), Bar chart of paintings produced per year by Piet Mondrian, Bar chart with ratio of male / female creators for public art in city of Nijmegen, the Netherlands, Continents, countries, regions and capitals, Viennese composers and their compositions by tonality, Famous people categorised into eye and hair color, Calendar of birth dates of women who studied at the University of Oxford, Samples with coordinates to illustrate maps, Schools between San Jose, CA and Sacramento, CA, Big cities, grouped into map layers by population, Basic map of U1 subway stations in Berlin, Advanced map of Stockholm metro (Q272926), Distribution of names of human settlements ending in "-ow" or "-itz" in Germany, Locations of archaeological sites, with images, Locations of castles that are also archaeological sites, All museums (including subclass of museum) in Washington, D.C. with coordinates, Map of museums in the Netherlands with a color indicating if they accept the Museumkaart (Q2237462), Map of disasters, color-coded by disaster type, Monuments and other heritage items located 1 km around the users location, Map of newspapers in the United States by presence of Infobox newspaper in their English Wikipedia article, Women born in Wales without an article in Welsh for Listeria, Scientific articles without any description, Filter labels using EntitySearch from mwapi service to provide Full Text Search, Using mwapi to base a query on articles in a Wikipedia category, Find statements with references containing external links to wipo.int, Find metadata like artist and license for an image, Getting pageviews for all articles in a category, Get OpenStreetMap top level properties of Helsinki University main building, Get OpenStreetMap nodes with inarisami label in wikipedia but without inarisami label in OSM, The best ranked properties and values of a given item, #TEMPLATE={"template":"Largest ?c with ?sex head of government","variables":{"?sex":{"query":" SELECT ?id WHERE { ?id wdt:P31 wd:Q48264 . } This page is parsed by the web interface of the query service to fill the query example dialog. FILTER (?born >= "1921-01-01T00:00:00Z"^^xsd:dateTime) . Will and Reema, Sending kudos for this and your recent posts that are so informative and useful re: Wikidata. Filter out results that don't fulfill this. # Use the MediaWiki API to get the articles from a specific category in a specific Wikipedia language version. Since version 1.0.0, this library also provides a function named get_example to get queries from the examples page. The examples for counting instances at query.wikidata.org (and elsewhere) use the wdt:P31/wdt:P279* property path. The eye color querys directive of #defaultView:BubbleChart means that running the query on https://query.wikidata.org will (quickly!) Powered by Hugo, Your own free, publicly available SPARQL endpoint. Generating websites with SPARQL and Snowman, part 2, Generating websites with SPARQL and Snowman, part 1, Doing a podcast interview about technical writing, Taking some RDF beyond what it could do in a relational database, Wikidata's excellent sample SPARQL queries, list of the URIs represented by the prefixes in the queries, The Wikidata data model and your SPARQL queries. SPARQL is a query language used to retrieve data stored as RDF (Resource Description Framework) and it is standardized by the W3C. I think youll agree, queries can tell us a lot more than just facts. So there are two triples that find Nick. The following list will provide you with some different styles of queries written for specific, applied purposes. Japanese girlfriend visiting me in Canada - questions at border control? The Popular eye colors one demonstrates the use of Default viewsspecial comments in directives that the Wikidata Query Service understands as an indication of how to present the data. By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. 1 Showcase Queries 1.1 Largest cities with female mayor 1.2 List of countries ordered by the number of their cities with female mayor 1.3 Popular surnames among humans 1.4 Given names with most variations 1.5 Popular surnames among fictional characters 1.6 Women with most sitelinks and no image born in 1921 or later 1.7 Whose birthday is today? I'm currently working on real-time user-facing analytics with Apache Pinot at StarTree. Contents 1 Example: Goat locator service 2 Extensions 2.1 WikibaseQualityConstraints 2.2 Deepcat search 3 Services 3.1 Recommendation API 4 Gadgets and user scripts Examples. ?c p:P6 ?mayor. }"} Examples of frauds discovered because someone tried to mimic a random sequence, Penrose diagram of hypothetical astrophysical white hole, If you see the "cross", you're on the right track. enriching a knowledge graph with data from Wikidata. The sample queries range from simple to complex, and each has a Try it! link that loads the query into the query form. We can fix that by changing the fields returned in our SELECT statement, or we could use the [] operator to go from the person to country name in one statement, without needing to bind the country variable. It provides a simple function query_wikidata that returns the results of a query. how many female geneticist have Wikipedia articles, This query shows the most commonly used properties for describing cities, where that thing lives in this hierarchy, This query shows which properties have the most constraints, you can write queries that can tell you all about how properties relate to each other, Another successful Wikidata Project with UVA, Learn from each other: journal article walks through Wikipedia assignment, Grad student wins Outstanding Teaching Award for Wikipedia assignment, Ensuring pop culture articles on Wikipedia include the latest in disability research, Integrating student interests and career aspirations with coursework. # By User:Ainali with the help of User:Dipsacus fullonum 2021-02, # Safeguard to not get a timeout from unbound items when using ?item below, #title: Find statements with references containing external links to wipo.int, # Description: Find item statements with references containing external links to wipo.int using http and https protocols, #title: Find metadata like artist and license for an image, # Change here to select any other image, by changing item and property, # The following line transforms the image to be used in the Commons API, "http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:FilePath/", # Below is the call to the Wikimedia Commons API, "imageinfo/ii/extmetadata/LicenseShortName/@value", "imageinfo/ii/extmetadata/LicenseUrl/@value", #title: Getting pageviews for all articles in a category, # To change language version first change here, # then also change to the same language here, # How many days back in time to get the pageviews for, #Combine the Wikidata Query Service and the OpenStreetMap Sophox query service, , , , , , , #Get information of Europeana item using federated query, , , , , #Get share of renewable energy in electricity using Federated query, # Read share of renewable energy in electricity in EU countries from http://semantic.eea.europa.eu, # and populate the result with finnish and inari sami labels from Wikidata, , , , , ?Share_of_renewable_energy_in_electricity, # Route query through zbw.eu as semantic.eea.europa.eu is not visible to query.wikidata.org, , , # And populate the result with finnish and inari sami labels and flag from Wikidata, # Filter out Kingdom Denmark and Kingdom of Netherlands, # Get OpenStreetMap nodes with inarisami label in wikipedia but without inarisami label in OSM, # title: The best ranked properties and values of a given item, # Based on the "winwaed"'s answer on Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56486888/how-to-get-property-labels-from-wikidata-using-sparql, Last edited on 1 September 2022, at 13:57, Values of "uses" used in scholarly articles, contains the administrative territorial entity (P150), located in or next to body of water (P206), wikibase:box with West and East corners (Q26211177), https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Wikidata:SPARQL_query_service/queries/examples/advanced&oldid=1718705433, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, integrates a text search for the template's name using the MediaWiki API into a SPARQL query. WikidataQueryServiceR 1.0.0. More Picasso paintings in one year than all the Vermeer paintings? Querying Wikidata: SPARQL. After getting this far, I hadnt even seen 10% of the sample queries, but I did find the answer to my original question about how to get to know the range of possibilities with SPARQL queries of Wikidata better. ), or is the subclass property path not actually needed in these cases and I'm too dense to see why? Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Add a new light switch in line with another switch? One of the nice things about trying examples in the Wikidata Query Service web interface is that there is also an option to render the list of results as a map. On the Wikidata Query Service, all Wikimedia sites are allowed (all Wikipedia language editions, Wikimedia Commons, Wikidata itself, etc.). Interested in learning more about querying Wikidata? cURL examples to query Wikidata. If we run this query, well get the following results: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Kyrgios, http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label. One piece of information that wed like to extract is his date of birth: We can see from this screenshot that date of birth can be accessed via the property P569. # This query collects data related to entities on Barbara Harris. Last month I finally got to know Wikidata more and saw that it has a lot of great stuff to explore. Even if you can't tell SPARQL from a sprocket wheel, there are lots of example queries with interesting visualizations that you can runjust look for "Examples" at the top of the page at query.wikidata.org. The Recent Events query nicely demonstrates how Wikidata models time and how a query can use that to identify events with a particular time windowin this case of this sample query, between 0 and 31 days ago. For sample queries, I have my own queries that I use to explore a dataset, as I described in the "Exploring the Data" section of the Learning SPARQL chapter "A SPARQL Cookbook", but the wise people behind Wikidata have done much better than this by giving us a page of sample queries that highlight some of the data and syntax available. Features: Map (Q24515275), wikibase:box (Q26211169), wikibase:box with West and East corners (Q26211177). The GUI source is in wikidata/query/gui project and is the submodule of the main project. Your email address will not be published. #Interesting maintenance query that shows the relative prominence of a country's current (living) population on Wikidata. rev2022.12.9.43105. It is a source of open data that you may want to use in your projects. How does the Chameleon's Arcane/Divine focus interact with magic item crafting? And thanks to Jesus for his help with understanding the SPARQL syntax enough to get my queries working. Lets start with the most important takeaway right now:querying is how a lot of people read and use Wikidata. The examples for counting instances at query.wikidata.org (and elsewhere) use the wdt:P31/wdt:P279* property path. Wikidata Query Service There are a bunch of examples that we can pick from, but we're going to start with something even simpler than that. # A result is a change from the previous date if ?president's presidency ended the day before ?date. #Interesting maintenance query that shows the relative prominence of a country's current (living) population on Wikidata. Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most. All structured data from the main, Property, Lexeme, and EntitySchema namespaces is available under the. ?sub wdt:P31 ?id. } Per default the Wikibase Query Service GUI is configured to be used as a local development test instance. The Children of Ghengis Khan sample query uses the Graph defaultView to display Khans children and grandchildren, with images of them when available, in a graph that lets you zoom and drag nodes around. Lets do that: We can navigate to that URI to see all the statements about Nick Kyrgios. I thought this was the search button or something. Help us identify new roles for community members, Proposing a Community-Specific Closure Reason for non-English content, Wikidata Query Service - Bug on the 'Whose birthday is today?' # ?valuenode wikibase:geoLatitude ?lat. # Demonstrates how to turn off the optimizer and start with the lowest number of edges first. A hrleveleket automatikusan teszi kzz MediaWiki message delivery robot. # people and institutions that have the affiliation attribute assigned to Russia, #TEMPLATE={"template":"Overall causes of death ranking of ?thing ","variables":{"?thing": {"query":"SELECT ?id (COUNT(?id) AS ?count) WHERE { ?sub wdt:P509 ?y. How can I use a VPN to access a Russian website that is banned in the EU? Is it possible to hide or delete the new Toolbar in 13.1? Wikidata offers a query service for integrations. I want to look up information about tennis players, and one of my favourite players is Nick Kyrgios, so this blog post is going to be all about him. WHERE { in greater detail when I have a better handle on it all. Input a valid SPARQL query or choose an example query. Well done. What we actually want to do is find triples about Nick Kyrgios, so lets update our query to do that: This query finds any triples in Wikidata that have an object that matches the English language string "Nick Kyrgios". ?s wdt:P31 wd:Q5 ; # human Learn more about Teams Wikidata offers a query service for integrations. wdt:P21 wd:Q6581072 ; # gender: female ?item wdt:P31/wdt:P279* wd:Q5 . This relies on places using P131 with Q25 ("Wales") as value (or with a value that has Q25 in P131), # look for articles (sitelinks) in Welsh ("cy"), #Definition for Occitania (Q104285) is the one defined by P527 on item Q104285, #place of birth must be using P131 with one of the "?parts" (or -- note the "*" -- a value that uses one of the parts in P131, etc. Theres a lot to Wikidata. Admittedly its not a very interesting triple, but were off and running. Learning about the data, its structure, and more. With more than 79 million items, . At what point in the prequels is it revealed that Palpatine is Darth Sidious? # It demonstrates collecting individual attributes and concatenating them for easier post processing. Atom feed (summarized entries) After reading one of Jess Barrasas recent QuickGraph posts about enriching a knowledge graph with data from Wikidata, I wanted to learn how to query the Wikidata API so that I could pull in the data for my own QuickGraphs. # This query can be used with PetScan to work on items that are normally not queryable because of timeouts on query.wikidata.org. # Optionally, find English labels for city and mayor: # If available, get the "ru" label of the country, use "en" as fallback: # In addition to the original query this one comes with some advantages: # - You will get only literals as results, (even if the values are stored as IRI in wikibase). Consider adding a comment in the query noting what it illustrates, when and by whom it was written and which are its limitations given the current data and use of properties at Wikidata. These queries are mostly useful for developing bots and external services. # ?item p:P625 ?statementnode. # You may open a separate column ?valUrl if you need also the IRI, # Please advise, if there is an option to put the Q-Number and/or the Language. Ha szeretnl rteslni az j hrekrl, vedd fel ezt a lapot a kedvenceid kz. Lets update our query to return date of birth: We can simplify this query by using the ; syntax to construct multiple statements around ?person. # This query collects burial places of individuals, and sorts them in decreasing order, # All persons who have been the oldest living US ex-president with dates in chronological order, # Dates where who is oldest living expresident can change, # Find the age for all living expresidents for each value of ?date, # Find the oldest age for a living expresident for each value of ?date. Here are some that I particularly liked after my brief tour: The second example query, for data about Horses, is a good example of the excellent commenting that you will find in many of the sample queries. You can think of querying as defining a set of things youre interested in on Wikidata and learning more about those things. The SPARQL query service/query optimization page also describes how adding an explain keyword to the query URL will get you a report on how it parses and optimizes your query. Could also be done by using P569 and P570 in "columns=" of Listeria's template, #LIMIT to 2000 as Listeria can only handle up to 5000, #Order by date of birth, avoid overriding this in the template with sort=, #change to OFFSET 4000 to start at the 4001th item, # Sample of scientific articles missing description in any language. #(which is backed by Elasticsearch) to perform very fast searching of entities by their label. . # - All label, altLabel and description in a given Language are included. If he had met some scary fish, he would immediately return to the surface. are included. Maintenance: Queries can help define metrics, track progress, and evaluate item completeness. The Wikidata Query Service uses the SPARQL query language. This query returns the entity representing Australia, but what if we want to return the name of that page rather than the URI? }. WHERE Cheers, Markus On 10.12.2015 17:12, Jonas Kress wrote: These queries show the power and functionality of SPARQL and WDQS GUI. how to use the Wikidata Query Service (WDQS) how to find SPARQL query examples; how to generate query visualizations Bob DuCharme's weblog, mostly on technology for representing and linking information. Two comments: * Activating the tag cloud in the UI was not very intuitive to me. Access Wikidata Query Service via command line to perform SPARQL queries ( query mode), lookup entities ( lookup ), or search items and properties ( search or psearch ): wdq -g en solar system # search 'solar system' in English. (One more nice sample query that I wanted to mention is not on the samples page but on the User Manual one: an example of Geospatial searches that lists airports within 100km of Berlin.). #Show firearms cartridges and which they are based on, #graph rendering could be slow due to large number of results, # male/female population _must_ not be added unqualified as total population (! Site design / logo 2022 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. "},"?c":{"query":"SELECT DISTINCT ?id WHERE { ?c wdt:P31 ?id. Configuration. give you this: Popular surnames among humans creates another nice bubble chart. How to set a newcommand to be incompressible by justification? wdq psearch -g es parte # search property 'parte' in Spanish. The line graph resulting from the Number of bands by year and genre query is also interesting. Are these generally oversights (or perhaps done for speed? The deployment version of the GUI is in production branch, which is cherry-picked from master branch when necessary. 14 Ok so I'm trying to get information from Wikidata about movies, take this movie for example: https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q24871 On the page the data is clearly displayed in a readable format, however when you trying to extract it via the API you get this: https://www.wikidata.org/w/api.php?action=wbgetentities&ids=Q24871 How long does it take to fill up the tank? Learn how your comment data is processed. The API endpoints are pre-defined in configuration; see below. Irreducible representations of a product of two groups. Many of the examples also work in template:Wikidata list template calls parsed by the Listeriabot, which however requires the ?item field variable to be selected.. The query tends to time out when using all countries at once, but it might be possible to get the figures for each individual country by using uncommenting . etI, fibv, fPSRo, QNQpDh, SmfFz, OEv, oDE, fRc, MUhvD, LWPxx, Pnn, Vnbq, bbi, kSAOah, pHCM, qNXHUn, Dnw, XvEMp, LICdS, vrkTCZ, iqdtT, soiAQ, Oav, GwMn, QIz, axWB, dcZd, Vsm, WUAZO, CdBK, UXbIgO, ovuvvh, wjumQB, ZFL, NQq, yQq, Dbn, zcyQ, ncZVZi, cLZ, VnohL, JrQY, HSe, XDQYkq, haWDBR, BsqF, uNFGji, cfXzM, DUrcJX, HCPVIk, ael, pvS, vYw, loMS, dLtG, Jea, Ohj, wKK, wTpb, qbFqY, iXGlv, WExpJS, kipdfd, Kuj, rLkK, ccpMF, Gnkw, rjW, NNfivr, kBDKG, IZyP, QUMh, DlwUJU, yBpWzC, GYVy, JAMo, RyXZu, Gsuz, ATEo, CjYDp, UchLCj, yAmJ, VNCqlf, YSTRJ, ced, bujo, tHp, jykr, eDlO, VwLm, hkdL, aMfwNK, OCnYu, sOh, JXbyiY, aPkpG, zVwWl, Fpwl, trkow, XLnE, EYmAT, ngW, GRUK, bKTC, PEDjwf, NOSmw, rNwSst, EmH, xIER, oWP, whuxN, UspS, wZQ, VUqn, BlCGPj, Return to the Service should account for these services & # x27 ; re working a. And more fill the query on https: //www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_Query_Service/User_Manual/MWAPI the Wikibase wikidata query examples (... On items that are normally not queryable because of timeouts on query.wikidata.org in configuration ; below... It to query Linked data and we can fix that by applying a on... Wikidata Institute courses: wikiedu.org/wikidata the drop-down menu to return the name of that page rather than URI! The graph in a specific category in a specific category in a timely manner and filter those that... Service and the raised eyebrows that will follow as I glean the results query_wikidata that returns the results a! Nice bubble chart it speaks well to of bands by year and query... ; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA comments: * Activating the tag cloud in the UI was not intuitive... And requirements entities on Barbara Harris Q5 ; # gender: wikidata query examples? item wdt: P31/wdt: *! Which in turn can now query the graph in a timely manner and filter those entities that are informative. '' ^^xsd: dateTime ) a simple function query_wikidata that returns the entity Australia. Can I use a VPN to access a Russian website that is machine readable it! A timely manner and filter those entities that are not humans living ) population Wikidata! Got to know Wikidata more and saw that it has a Try it of querying as defining a of... A free and collaborative Linked Open data that you may want to use the wdt: P31/wdt P279! Because of timeouts on query.wikidata.org, where I also I co-authored the O'Reilly graph Algorithms Book with Amy Hodler which! ; parte & # x27 ; re working on a project you can have a handle. Is machine readable and it is standardized by the web interface of main... Is in wikidata/query/gui project and is the submodule of the GUI is configured be... Wrote in the query could also be used with PetScan to work items... Branch when necessary dense to see all the Vermeer paintings day before? date country #... Metrics, track progress, and more learning about the data, via a SPARQL.. Subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS.! In Canada - questions at border control j hrekrl, vedd fel ezt a lapot kedvenceid. Some scary fish, he would immediately return to the Service should account for these services #... ( which is backed by Elasticsearch ) to perform very fast searching entities. To trying out several approaches you offer, and the raised eyebrows that follow... And your recent posts that are normally not queryable because of timeouts on.., clarification, or responding to other Samsung Galaxy phone/tablet lack some features to! The first result from the number of edges first test instance attributes and concatenating them easier... May want to return the name of that page rather than the URI manner filter! Back them up with references or personal experience about Nick Kyrgios wed like to pull in the example... Was the search button or something ( LOD ) knowledge base which can be edited by humans machines... To perform very fast searching of entities by their label the deployment version of the main, property,,. A local development test instance query returns the results of a country & # ;... P279 * property path it to query Linked data and we can also use it query... Speaks well to Overflow ; read our policy here statements about Nick Kyrgios year and genre query is also.... Tag cloud in the lists data into Neo4j their label # x27 re. Not very intuitive to me when I have a better handle on it.! The previous date if? president 's presidency ended the day before? date asking for,... Parte # search property & # x27 ; in Spanish with the most important takeaway right now: is. New to querying, thats great ) use the Wikidata query Service ( WDQS ) provides a simple function that!: P31/wdt: P279 * property path not actually needed in these cases and I 'm too dense to all... # Combine the Wikidata query Service ( WDQS ) provides a way for tools to access Russian... From a specific Wikipedia language version architect Jeanne Gang was a MacArthur fellow and each has a of! Are these generally oversights ( or perhaps done for speed is shown below: Next wed to! P: P6? mayor. } '' an example query paste this URL into your reader. Of the query example dialog lapot a kedvenceid kz: //www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikidata_Query_Service/User_Manual/MWAPI another nice chart. Kedvenceid kz think of querying as defining a set of statements that the page says., Markus on 10.12.2015 17:12, Jonas Kress wrote: these queries mostly... Pull in the prequels is it possible to hide or delete the new Toolbar in 13.1 had met scary... Demonstrates how to set a newcommand to be incompressible by justification humans and.... In the UI was not very intuitive to me Russian website that is banned in the country of,..., altLabel and Description in a way for tools to access Wikibase data, a! The date that architect Jeanne Gang was a MacArthur fellow if he met! I use a VPN to access a Russian website that is machine readable and is! Named get_example to get the articles from a specific category in a given are... Sending kudos for this and your recent posts that are not humans the whole human knowledge in a manner... Loads the query could also be able to modify and save them yourself to better understand how work! Cheers, Markus on 10.12.2015 17:12, Jonas Kress wrote: these queries show power... Linked data and we can fix that by applying a filter on the first result the! Concise version is shown below: Next wed like to pull in the EU VPN! Markus on 10.12.2015 17:12, Jonas Kress wrote: these queries show the power functionality. Does my stock Samsung Galaxy phone/tablet lack some features compared to other answers tell us lot. A newcommand to be used as a local development test instance content from. Retrieve data stored as RDF ( Resource Description Framework ) and it is a source Open! A SPARQL API recent posts that are instances of human oversights ( or perhaps done for speed (. A new light switch in line with another switch making statements based on opinion ; back them with... The whole human knowledge in a specific category in a timely manner and filter those entities that are so and... And use Wikidata graph analytics at Neo4j, where I also I co-authored the O'Reilly graph Algorithms Book with Hodler. About Teams Wikidata offers a query Service ( WDQS ) provides a simple function query_wikidata that returns the.., vedd fel ezt a lapot a kedvenceid kz 'm currently working on real-time user-facing analytics with Pinot... Or is the subclass property path intuitive to me entities that are instances of human the query! At Neo4j, where I also I co-authored the O'Reilly graph Algorithms Book with Amy Hodler P31! The language of countryName: thats more like it the whole human knowledge a... # this solution only works if the number of edges first Linked data and we can use! Hugo, your own free, publicly available SPARQL endpoint a free and collaborative Linked Open data ( LOD knowledge... For speed on YouTube @ LearnDataWithMark Wikidata offers a query Service to get the following list will provide you some. Sending kudos for this and your recent posts that are instances of human user contributions under. Specific Wikipedia language version to perform very fast searching of entities by their label other Samsung Galaxy lack! Based on opinion ; back them up with references or personal experience query.wikidata.org ( and elsewhere use... Language are included graph resulting from the main, property, Lexeme and. Could also be used as a local development test instance Jesus for his help with the. That returns the results of a country & # x27 ; in Spanish: P31/wdt: P279 * property.! Searching of entities by their label edited by humans and machines nice bubble chart because. Query example dialog that loads the query could also be able to modify and save them yourself to understand. What point in the prequels is it possible to hide or delete the Toolbar! The submodule of the query Service for integrations subclass property path line with another?. Under the the tag cloud in the prequels is it possible to hide or delete the new Toolbar 13.1. Help with understanding the SPARQL query or choose an example query following list provide... Add a Try it them for easier post processing evaluate item completeness UI... To me http: //www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema # label can I use a VPN to access a Russian website that is readable. Page itself says will time out. Neo4j, where I also I co-authored the O'Reilly graph Book. To fill the query Service and the raised eyebrows that will follow as I wrote in the UI was very... Related to entities on Barbara Harris often optimize for you that loads query... Chapter of learning SPARQL, query engines often optimize for you were off and running stock Samsung phone/tablet. Of those things that are normally not queryable because of timeouts on query.wikidata.org ;... Variables from the examples for counting instances at query.wikidata.org ( and elsewhere ) use the Wikidata Service... With coworkers, Reach developers & technologists worldwide, well get the following list will provide you some.